Mohammed the clock kid cons country to get sneak peek at Obama's penis for TERRORISM!

• @FrostCat said:

Like I said, white kids have this happen so often it's not even news.

Right. :rolleyes:

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Rhywden said:

@FrostCat said:
    Like I said, white kids have this happen so often it's not even news.

Right. :rolleyes:

What's the matter, too interested in stirring up racial shit to look? Like I said, you're a bigot.

I'm gonna stop now, because when Germans get all worked up about race, really bad things happen, not just "some kid gets in trouble".

• Here's the problem with your statement: If it's happening so often that it's not even reported...

... how do you know about it?

@Rhywden said:

Here's the problem with your statement: If it's happening so often that it's not even reported...

You'll say anything to avoid actually looking, won't you?

• @FrostCat said:

@Rhywden said:
    Here's the problem with your statement: If it's happening so often that it's not even reported...

You'll say anything to avoid actually looking, won't you?

You made the statement, you back it up. Not doing your work for you. So, I call bullshit.

By the way, that race thing you're harping on about? The inspiration for that came from the US.

• Look, you're ALL bigots, now hug and make up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM

@Rhywden said:

The inspiration for that came from the US.

But it took Germans to industrialize the process.

@blakeyrat said:

Look, you're ALL bigots, now hug and make up.

IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?

Seriously, do you have a cold or something?

• @FrostCat said:

@Rhywden said:

... with technology from the US.

@Rhywden said:

@FrostCat said:
    @Rhywden said:

... with technology from the US.

Snort. "Oh, my people gassed 12 million people to death and worked and starved millions more, but the Americans are the bad guys, because we bought the ovens from them."

• @FrostCat said:

Snort. "Oh, my people gassed 12 million people to death and worked and starved millions more, but the Americans are the bad guys, because we bought the ovens from them."

Well, partners in crime usually don't get off scot-free. "Oh, officer, he did all the murders. All I did was hand him the wrench!"

• Pfft, don't even mention the pain and torture inflicted in the US by people who have to deal with Siemens software.

@Rhywden said:

partners in crime

ROFL. Yeah, "partners". That's a novel way of looking at WWII.

• @blakeyrat said:

Pfft, don't even mention the pain and torture inflicted in the US by people who have to deal with Siemens software.

Well, you gave us Microsoft, so that would make us even?

I'll see your Siemens and raise you SAP.

• @Rhywden said:

Well, you gave us Microsoft, so that would make us even?

We fight back with OracleApps.

• @FrostCat said:

@Rhywden said:
    partners in crime

ROFL. Yeah, "partners". That's a novel way of looking at WWII.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this little tidbit of history doesn't make the history books in the US.

• @Rhywden said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that this little tidbit of history doesn't make the history books in the US.

Dood.

I read a lot of history books.

The US had this thing called a "trade embargo" with Nazi Germany during the war. Any (for example) IBM technology that was used to tabulate Holocaust victims was either purchased pre-war, or developed in the German division completely independently of the US main office.

And drawing ANY moral equivalence between "developing machines to count people" and actually having a GOVERNMENT POLICY TO MURDER ALL JEWS, ROMA, HOMOSEXUALS, MENTAL INSTITUTION PATIENTS, AND "SLAVS" ("slavs" being in scare-quotes because the lovely vague definition of the term justified murdering everybody living eastward of, say, Paris who the Nazis decided they didn't like) is disgusting. Disgusting beyond words. The Nazi government perpetrated more atrocities in 11 years than, say, the US government (and predecessors) has in 300 years.

I'd love to hear what particular bit of history you think us Americans are lacking knowledge of. But let's keep the discussion grounded in reality, eh?

• There were quite a number of years before the US became involved in the war, y'know?

And, well, maybe you didn't have a policy to murder people - but you sure did forcibly sterilize quite a lot of people. Up until 1981, by the way.

And the ideas of what to do with the Jews - that was a brainchild of US think tanks...

Oh, by the way: Your outrage about "moral equivalence" bites two ways - namely, that it makes you look like you're excusing your countries' wrongdoings by saying: "Hey, at least we're not as bad as those!"

• @Rhywden said:

There were quite a number of years before the US became involved in the war, y'know?

Ok.

You're supposed to be educating me on facts you think I don't know. Yes, I was aware that history existed before 1939, thank you for clarifying that point.

BTW, I hope you haven't forgotten that the US "became involved in the war" because Nazi Germany DECLARED WAR ON US. It wasn't the other way 'round, you know. In fact it's HIGHLY likely that the "west first" policy would have never existed had Hitler kept his big mouth shut and not declared war. The popular opinion in the US was against getting involved in a land war in Europe, and the popular hatred of the US was entirely 100% laser-focused on Japan.

@Rhywden said:

And, well, maybe you didn't have a policy to murder people - but you sure did forcibly sterilize quite a lot of people. Up until 1981, by the way.

Right; we also sent troops to shoot innocent Native American families (although diseased blanket spreading is a myth), and interned loyal Japanese families during WWII and etc. Yes we're terrible horrible people. But we never did anything remotely on the scale of Nazi Germany, and, again, even making the comparison is morally disgusting.

@Rhywden said:

And the ideas of what to do with the Jews - that was a brainchild of US think tanks...

Sticks and stones.

Words don't hurt people. Browncoats rounding up Jews, cramming them into cattle cars for days at a time with no food and water only to deposit them directly into a gas chamber, hurts people.

@Rhywden said:

Oh, by the way: Your outrage about "moral equivalence" bites two ways - namely, that it makes you look like you're excusing your countries' wrongdoings by saying: "Hey, at least we're not as bad as those!"

I'm still waiting to hear some facts about history I didn't know before.

• I'm not doing any comparisons here. You are the one doing them, so by your own definition, you should look at yourself with disgust.

Why aren't you ranting at Frostcat by the way? He's the one who made the comparison first?

@blakeyrat said:

I'm still waiting to hear some facts about history I didn't know before.

What, the compulsory sterilizations or the fact that Hitler got his ideas from the US?

• @Rhywden said:

What, the compulsory sterilizations or the fact that Hitler got his ideas from the US?

I knew both of those. Were those supposed to change my mind?

Look, anybody can say "hey, dudes, wouldn't it be great if we rounded up and killed all the Jews?" Words are just words. It's actions that matter.

• @blakeyrat said:

@Rhywden said:

I knew both of those. Were those supposed to change my mind?

Look, anybody can say "hey, dudes, wouldn't it be great if we rounded up and killed all the Jews?" Words are just words. It's actions that matter.

Yeees, "words are just words". The words of a hypocrite.

So, if an officer orders a soldier to shoot someone and the soldier does so - does the officer bear no responsibility? After all, his order is mere words.

• @Rhywden said:

So, if an officer orders a soldier to shoot someone and the soldier does so - does the officer bear no responsibility?

In the US military, the soldier has the right and obligation to disobey that order. Our Army is designed to build men, not automatons.

Does the officer bear no responsibility? Of course not. He gave an illegal order. But an order isn't an "inflammatory essay" or whatever specific work of "ideas" you're claiming Hitler got from the US. Everybody knows that orders, generally speaking, must be followed-- and that there's a lot of social pressure to follow even illegal orders.

So here's my question to you: what anti-Semite in the US had the authority to issue Hitler orders? That must have been a pretty powerful man. I'm surprised with all of the history books I've read, I've never heard of an American like that. The US President didn't even have the authority to issue orders to Hitler.

Because that's the equivalency you're drawing now. You're saying some random anti-Semite in the US, who you refuse to even name, was issuing Hitler orders.

I love history. Give me the facts you keep claiming I don't know. Educate me.

• @blakeyrat said:

@Rhywden said:
    So, if an officer orders a soldier to shoot someone and the soldier does so - does the officer bear no responsibility?

In the US military, the soldier has the right and obligation to disobey that order. Our Army is designed to build men, not automatons.

Does the officer bear no responsibility? Of course not. He gave an illegal order. But an order isn't an "inflammatory essay" or whatever specific work of "ideas" you're claiming Hitler got from the US. Everybody knows that orders, generally speaking, must be followed-- and there's a lot of social pressure to follow even illegal orders.

So here's my question to you: what anti-Semite in the US had the authority to issue Hitler orders? That must have been a pretty powerful man. I'm surprised with all of the history books I've read, I've never heard of an American like that. The US President didn't even have the authority to issue orders to Hitler.

Where did I state that it was an illegal order? Also, nowhere am I "drawing an equivalency". It's a counter to your argument "words are just words".

Because they clearly aren't. Oh, and educate yourself on the distinction between responsibility and liability please.

• Your posts seem to be lacking the historical facts I've been promised.

At least name the group or individual in the US who (supposedly) dictated Hitler's racist policies. I'd honestly like to know that so I can look up more information.[spoiler][spoiler] (Although to make a prediction: I wager it's either a completely made-up historical "fact" designed to assuage German national guilt, or it was some crackpot group with nearly-zero actual adherents. Since the attitude of the US and Britain of the time was strongly Zionist. But in a country of a 150 million people, there's always a crackpot.)[/spoiler][/spoiler]

But right now this debate reads like you got a really vague and flawed history class in high school (or whatever German high school is-- gymnasium?) and now years later you're trying to kind of recall the details. You're not impressing me, and you're certainly not convincing me of anything. And I'm definitely not going to argue definitions and semantics, so you can fuck off right now with that shit.

Go look it up and report back. I got chores to do anyway.

• Your reading comprehension skills are horrible. As illustrated by your "that was an illegal order!" interpretation of my example.

This "Who dictated policies?" crap probably comes from the same flawed reading. Where exactly did I say that?

• You have the criteria needed to continue this debate. You won't get any more responses from me until you've at least made SOME small effort to meet that criteria.

• Currently, it's more like I'm arguing with my grandmother:

"I SAID IT'S WHITE!" - "WHO IS RIGHT?"

At least she has the excuse of being deaf.

• @blakeyrat said:

BTW, I hope you haven't forgotten that the US "became involved in the war" because Nazi Germany DECLARED WAR ON US. It wasn't the other way 'round, you know. In fact it's HIGHLY likely that the "west first" policy would have never existed had Hitler kept his big mouth shut and not declared war. The popular opinion in the US was against getting involved in a land war in Europe, and the popular hatred of the US was entirely 100% laser-focused on Japan.

Oh yeah. December 1941. Lose battle for Moscow, then declare war on USA.
    Bang! Bang! And with those two moves, Nazi Germany makes sure they can never win the war.

Stalingrad and Kursk then decided they are actually going to lose it, and how badly.

• Woman calls police to report overheard sexually ecstatic cries of “ISIS is good, ISIS is great”

An 82-year-old woman called Brown Deer Police Sunday night requesting police because she heard someone chanting, "ISIS is good, ISIS is great" while having sex.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@fbmac said:

Woman calls police to report overheard sexually ecstatic cries of “ISIS is good, ISIS is great”

An 82-year-old woman called Brown Deer Police Sunday night requesting police because she heard someone chanting, "ISIS is good, ISIS is great" while having sex.

I would chant, too. rwar.

• She's doing well to be having sex at 82.

• @Rhywden said:

So, here we have the next brown kid arrested for a "bomb scare".

Let me do a little bit of reading between the lines. It's called JACKASSES BEING LOUD IN PUBLIC.

Police say Armaan told them he was only joking when he told a classmate he had a bomb in his backpack.

...it’s the classmate who was behind the prank... he thought the classmate was kidding Friday when he said at the start of their pre-AP history class that he would tell the teacher Armaan had a bomb. A day earlier, the classmate had joked that Armaan’s backpack, which had a battery charger in it, looked like a bomb.

“I thought it was a joke, so I started laughing and he started laughing,” Armaan recalled. “The next thing you know, I’m reading with my friend and police come in, grab me and take me outside.”

👱: hey 👳, your 👜 looks like a 💣! LOL
    👳: LOL you're right, it does look like a 💣
    👱: LOL, you look like you're going to 💥 the 🏫 or something!
    👳: Hahahahaha
    👱: Hahahaha
    🙍: wait, did he say a 💣? in his 👜? ❗
    🙋: Excuse me 👨, I overheard 👱 and 👳 talking about a 💣 in 👳's 👜!
    👨: A 💣? Are you sure?
    🙍: Yeah, I'm sure that's what they said! I think he is going to 💥 the 🏫!

One of these days, idiots might finally learn that you can't joke about bombs in public places. Hell, even if the person you're talking to knows you're joking, someone else might overhear you and not know.

Just kidding, idiots will never learn that.

• TIL that this guy converted to Islam.

Oh, wait, the thread title says clock kid...

• ♿ (Parody)

• So that's why it went off in the middle of class.

• The woz is doing an IAMA today at reddit, and someone asked:

@AndymBrit said:

What is the most funny prank that you've pulled?

@TheSteveWozniak said:

u/andymbrit, I get asked that everywhere. I have pulled so many hundreds of pranks; I pull pranks almost every day! So I can't come up with one funniest prank. Sometimes I like to talk about early ones; when I was so young, how could I have thought of it.
    I did like the one where I put a little ticking electronic metronome in a school locker, back when very few people could build such things as a ticking metronome; and I had it rigged so that when you opened the locker, a little tinfoil switch caused the ticking to speed up.

Imagine if Wozniak had a bad time for this prank at that time? If he got frustrated with that, it would surely delay our technology for some years.

• Also, this guy is funny:

When we started Apple, Steve Jobs and I talked about how we wanted to make blind people as equal and capable as sighted people, and you'd have to say we succeeded when you look at all the people walking down the sidewalk looking down at something in their hands and totally oblivious to everything around them!

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@fbmac said:

Imagine if Wozniak had a bad time for this prank at that time?

Impossible. He's white.

• kills Dumbledore

Yeah, but he does have a beard. That makes him slightly suspicious

• @fbmac said:

When we started Apple, Steve Jobs and I talked about how we wanted to make blind people as equal and capable as sighted people, and you'd have to say we succeeded when you look at all the people walking down the sidewalk looking down at something in their hands and totally oblivious to everything around them!

There's an app for that.