Write a review



  • Got this email recenlty. Okay, it's only mildly humorous, but I thought perhaps we could all come up with a great review.

    Greetings from AutoAnything.com,

    Thank you for the order you placed with us on 02/17/2010. We hope that you are enjoying your purchase and had a great shopping experience with us.

    Now that you've had your Oil Drain Plug Gasket for a while, we would love to hear what you think about it.

    Write a review and share your opinions with other auto enthusiasts. Your feedback is invaluable and guides us in offering only the best products. For your privacy, we ask that you do not include your last name in the review.

    Shortly after we receive your review, we will send you a coupon for $10* off your next purchase of $99 or more as a token of our appreciation.

    Thanks again!



  • I think you should aim for "wildly overenthusiastic" in your review. Like "Wow, this is the BEST oil drain plug gasket I have EVER bought. I've had some pretty good ones in my time, but this just beats them HANDS-DOWN.

    And so on.



  • Have you seen the eBay feedback generator here: http://thesurrealist.co.uk/feedback

    How about:

    The Oil Drain Plug Gasket was of meritorious quality! Exceptionally select delivery. The packaging was remarkably seemly. Very, very pleased.

    :)



  • @shadowman said:

    I thought perhaps we could all come up with a great review.

    Yay, an interactive WTF!

    On A.D. 2010, January the 25th, I ordered the Oil Drain Plug Gasket from your Internet, autoanything.com. I had read your description of this item, that this is the same item my dealer would offer me, but for less. I was happy to be offered such a deal by your website; but little, much too little did I know about this one item was going to change my life from ground up.

    It was a sunny Saturday morning, when the Fed-Ex guy finally arrived at my house, carrying a cute little package which was graced by beautiful letters forming the word "autoanything.com". Although at that time I did not yet value this package to the extend that it deserves, it's sight immediately made me smile. It was as if there was some unexplainable magic around it.

    After I signed and received the package, I thought I could see a little tear run out of the Fed-Ex guys eye. At that time I thought it was just due to an enormous devotion to his job, but now I know the true reason. He didn't want to let go of that package. He felt that what was inside would be more than the simple outside of the package suggests.

    I walked into my living room to open it. To my deepest shame I must admit that I failed to open the package without damaging it but - fortunately - the contents survived my carelessness. I stuck my hand into the package, grabbed on to something thick and pulled it out - I won't forget the moment I first saw it. Thought clogged my mind, and my heart started to pound uncontrollably. My breath stood still and my eyes began to shine. What I saw was the most perfect, circle-round, light-colored, polished shiny elastic Oil Drain Plug Gasket I've ever seen in my entire life! Never before I've ever seen anything remotely comparable in beauty, form and style. Everything about it was so completely amazing that I forgot the time just staring at the item.

    I don't know how much time passed until I regained consciousness. And I regained it only because the gasket fell out of my hand and back into the package. I knew I wasn't able to get it out again without completely losing my mind.

    I'm getting bored. Somebody else continue.



  • @DaveyDaveDave said:

    Have you seen the eBay feedback generator here: http://thesurrealist.co.uk/feedback

    I love the setting indifferent & frivolous:

    Exceptionally intermediate quality. Immensely conventional packaging. Ever so passable delivery. Indifferent seller. Eh.



  • You guys aren't even trying. Check out [url=http://www.amazon.com/review/RXXPVOUH9NLL3]this review for a jug of milk[/url] done in the style of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven".



  • Link for the lazy: http://thesurrealist.co.uk/feedback

    I'm cheating, by copying selectively, but: "Remarkably ordinary quality. Delivery was exceptionally typical. The packaging was very, very artless. A very, very moderate seller."

    (for the uncompromisable reviewer)



  • @Zecc said:

    I'm cheating, by copying selectively, but: "Remarkably ordinary quality. Delivery was exceptionally typical. The packaging was very, very artless. A very, very moderate seller."

    That's almost perfect. Only downside is that the "very, very" phrase is used twice.



  • "Remarkably ordinary quality. Delivery was exceptionally typical. The
    packaging was very, very artless. An exceedingly moderate seller."



  • @Zecc said:

    "Remarkably ordinary quality. Delivery was exceptionally typical. The
    packaging was very, very artless. An exceedingly moderate seller."

    It's a beige alert!



  • @derula said:

    I love the setting indifferent & frivolous:

    Exceptionally intermediate quality. Immensely conventional packaging. Ever so passable delivery. Indifferent seller. Eh.

    The generator is Canadian?

       --- Mr. DOS



  • @Mr. DOS said:

       --- Mr. DOS
    For the love of Chris, stop it!  There's a freaking signature area; use it.



  • @bstorer said:

    @Mr. DOS said:

       --- Mr. DOS
    For the love of Chris, stop it!  There's a freaking signature area; use it.

    Give the guy a break, he's running a 30 year old single-tasking OS.  He probably can't even load the profile settings in his text-only browser.



  • @bstorer said:

    For the love of Chris, stop it!  There's a freaking
    signature area; use it.

    I'd rather not love Chris, thank you.

    The whole thing started when I was fairly young on a system that had no facility for automated signatures; years later, I find myself torn between making my life easier by ditching it and annoying people by leaving it.

    @morbiuswilters said:

    Give the guy a break, he's running a 30 year old single-tasking OS.  He probably can't even load the profile settings in his text-only browser.

    Aah! The nested quotes!

       --- Mr. DOS



  •  @dcardani said:

    this review for a jug of milk

    not sure if this is a known fact, but the amazon page source looks quite wtf-y to me...

    riddiculous amounts of whitespace, riddiculous amounts of embedded styles and js...
    (seriously, looks like whole stylesheet in the style tag)

     ...or is it just me who things that having your opening body tag on 932nd line is not okay?

    (the review's great, btw)



  • @SEMI-HYBRID code said:

    not sure if this is a known fact, but the amazon page source looks quite wtf-y to me...

    What's your problem? My HTML validator shows less then 1000 errors or warnings, and there's only 36 newlines in front of <html>.



  • @derula said:

    @SEMI-HYBRID code said:
    not sure if this is a known fact, but the amazon page source looks quite wtf-y to me...

    What's your problem? My HTML validator shows less then 1000 errors or warnings, and there's only 36 newlines in front of <html>.

     

    Some people do that as a really, really retarded way of "protecting" their source code. "Oh, I did View Source and the window is blank... I guess it doesn't work on this site!"-kind of thing going on.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    He probably can't even load the profile settings in his text-only browser.
     

    I should check this site on the graphical browser I used to use...



  • @blakeyrat said:

    @derula said:
    @SEMI-HYBRID code said:
    not sure if this is a known fact, but the amazon page source looks quite wtf-y to me...

    What's your problem? My HTML validator shows less then 1000 errors or warnings, and there's only 36 newlines in front of <html>.

    Some people do that as a really, really retarded way of "protecting" their source code. "Oh, I did View Source and the window is blank... I guess it doesn't work on this site!"-kind of thing going on.

    If that was the case here, then they failed miserably. Even with half the window blocked by the validator it's still not blank.



  • @derula said:

    @blakeyrat said:
    @derula said:
    @SEMI-HYBRID code said:
    not sure if this is a known fact, but the amazon page source looks quite wtf-y to me...

    What's your problem? My HTML validator shows less then 1000 errors or warnings, and there's only 36 newlines in front of <html>.

    Some people do that as a really, really retarded way of "protecting" their source code. "Oh, I did View Source and the window is blank... I guess it doesn't work on this site!"-kind of thing going on.

    If that was the case here, then they failed miserably. Even with half the window blocked by the validator it's still not blank.

     

    And everyone uses Firebug anyways.

    Speaking of... this table styling (or lack of) gives me tooth pain. The stupid, it burns.



  • @Nyquist said:

    Speaking of... this table styling (or lack of) gives me tooth pain. The stupid, it burns.

    MOST OF THE PAGE CONSISTS OF CSS! WHY DO THEY STILL HAVE TO SET TABLE ATTRIBUTES IN THE HTML?



  • @derula said:

    MOST OF THE PAGE CONSISTS OF CSS! WHY DO THEY STILL HAVE TO SET TABLE ATTRIBUTES IN THE HTML?
     

    Yep and thats only WTF #1.... WTF #2... the stupid that burns so bad is doing a table border by colouring the background of the table, then nesting another table inside it with a white background.

    When the rest of the page is fucking CSS so you'd think they'd know how to do border: 1px solid #999.

    /facepalm.

     



  • @derula said:

    What I saw was the most perfect, circle-round, light-colored, polished shiny elastic Oil Drain Plug Gasket I've ever seen in my entire life! Never before I've ever seen anything remotely comparable in beauty, form and style. Everything about it was so completely amazing that I forgot the time just staring at the item.


    I don't know how much time passed until I regained consciousness. And I regained it only because the gasket fell out of my hand and back into the package. I knew I wasn't able to get it out again without completely losing my mind.


     Perhaps you needed some more, you know,  time alone with the gasket? :-)



  • @dcardani said:

    You guys aren't even trying. Check out this review for a jug of milk done in the style of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Raven".

    That is some review. Fantastic.



  • @C4I_Officer said:

    @derula said:

    What I saw was the most perfect, circle-round, light-colored, polished shiny elastic Oil Drain Plug Gasket I've ever seen in my entire life! Never before I've ever seen anything remotely comparable in beauty, form and style. Everything about it was so completely amazing that I forgot the time just staring at the item.


    I don't know how much time passed until I regained consciousness. And I regained it only because the gasket fell out of my hand and back into the package. I knew I wasn't able to get it out again without completely losing my mind.


     Perhaps you needed some more, you know,  time alone with the gasket? :-)

     

    Well don't get too excited and blow a gasket... oh wait.



  • I can't believe we went an entire thread without mentioning three wolf moon.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    I can't believe we went an entire thread without mentioning three wolf moon.

    YOU RUINED IT



  •  What's three wolf moon?



  • @dhromed said:

    What's three wolf moon?
    Your google skills are weak: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/three-wolf-moon

    Also, for no reason whatsoever: http://www.threadless.com/submission/222011/Three_Keyboard_Cat_Moon



  • @Zecc said:

    @dhromed said:
    What's three wolf moon?
    Your google skills are weak
    Actually I think he's either lazy or trolling. Or both.



  • @dhromed said:

    What's three wolf moon?

    It's the worst thing in the world ever - worse even than Garfield.

    @Zecc said:

    Also, for no reason whatsoever: http://www.threadless.com/submission/222011/Three_Keyboard_Cat_Moon

    That, OTOH, makes it all almost better :-)



  • @DaveK said:

    It's the worst thing in the world ever - worse even than Garfield.

     

     

    Oh no it's not.

    http://www.thereverend.com/barfield/pages/barfield036.html





  • @dhromed said:

    There exist far better modifications to Garfield,

     

     

    Better? :-) I think the point was to make it worse.



  •  



  • @blakeyrat said:

    [strip]

     

    See, you do pretty much anything to a Garfield comic, and it magically becomes better.



  • This comic touches me personally:

    Garfield minus Garfield - Feb 17 2010

    I won't post any more comics from this point forward.



  • @C4I_Officer said:

    @DaveK said:
    It's the worst thing in the world ever - worse even than Garfield.

    Oh no it's not.

    http://www.thereverend.com/barfield/pages/barfield036.html

    That one starts getting good from strip 54 and up.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.