The Official Woody Woodpecker Thread

• This post is deleted!

• You realise you're saying "trawl through 7 and a half thousand posts looking for @Polygeekery saying something homophobic", right?

That doesn't help your case. 

• @Fox said:

If I had to cite specific comments, they would be mostly the ones I quoted in my comments in that thread in which I said "sociopath" and/or "psychopath".

I thought we were supposed to find the instances of @Polygeekery being an asshole, not you?

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election Banned

I did provide helpful discosearch queries.

Yes, namely the instances in which @Polygeekery referred to people as "things" and "it".

• Grade A Premium Asshole

@Fox said:

Yes, namely the instances in which @Polygeekery referred to people as "things" and "it".

It was Dirk Dickless!

• If your

@Fox said:

helpful discosearch queries

are

@Fox said:

"things" and "it"

then they're not quite as helpful as you might think.

@Fox said:

the ones I quoted in my comments in that thread in which I said "sociopath" and/or "psychopath". Feel free to discosearch the thread for either of those words

Please try to keep up.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@antiquarian said:

Then why do you continue to insult people who have done nothing harmful

FTFY

• BINNED

@Fox said:

Tried that, @Polygeekery, @loopback0, @Lorne_Kates, @antiquarian, and @dkf told me to fuck off.

This belongs here.

• BINNED

@Fox said:

I tried to let it die and they keep starting it up somewhere else or stoking preexisting embers somewhere else and then @-mentioning me about it.

Which is apparently the same thing as telling you to fuck off.

:rolleyes:

• ♿ (Parody)

For the record, I only recall @-mentioning him out of thread in the shadowmod topic when we were looking at post counts. A perfectly legitimate summoning.

It's possible I did it elsewhere, but I don't recall doing that or deliberately trolling him elsewhere, assuming we're not counting memeifying "trans" stuff for joke purposes, which I obviously wasn't. But I'm a sucker for getting trolled, too.

I was providing an example of an actual hyperbole, since some people seem to be confused. Also, was referencing a previous statement about abarker telling me to politely fuck off when I tried reporting inappropriate posts instead of feeding the trolls.

You'll notice I didn't list you. I am well aware that you are not one of the ones @-mentioning me into flame wars everywhere. I still think you're a bit of a scumbag, but you're not that much of a scumbag.

• BINNED

@Fox said:

I still think you're a bit of a scumbag, but you're not that much of a scumbag.

And what is this parallel universe you live in where insulting the mods/admin staff of a forum is a good idea?

• ♿ (Parody)

@Fox said:

You'll notice I didn't list you.

I did, in fact. Just wanted to point it out to others.

@Fox said:

I still think you're a bit of a scumbag,

I wouldn't be doing my job if everyone didn't think that.

@antiquarian said:

And what is this parallel universe you live in where insulting the mods/admin staff of a forum is a good idea?

TDWTF! Yes, it's weird here.

• @boomzilla said:

TDWTF! Yes, it's weird here.

Did you just give us a green light to insult you? Are you a fucking idiot?

• @Fox said:

I'm constantly disagreeing with people who condone driving others to suicide

So, if I threaten to kill myself from listening to you, will you become a paradox and explode?

• ♿ (Parody)

@Maciejasjmj said:

Did you just give us a green light to insult you?

Has anyone ever waited for one before?

@Maciejasjmj said:

Are you a fucking idiot?

Nah, just a SHITLORD.

• @Fox said:

When all you know is suffering, it's hard to imagine anything else.

Dammit..... that's not all those people know.

Have they been in a POW camp. Been sawed in half. Had their eyes gouged out and tied to a a mill and forced to march until their feet dissolve from the friction of pushing against straw all day.

Last time I checked, a few people have, and still managed to smile through it, because of their spiritual beliefs.

I haven't experienced half that bad.

But what I can say with full confidence, is that I'm pretty confident I've experienced the worst level of bullying and discrimination that one can experience, outside of life-threatening physical harm.

All the way from day-to-day mockery, physical assault, death threats, been followed around, been told that I'd be killed if I was seen on campus again, etc etc etc.

No. For one thing, you would have to make me believe you're not just trolling, which, based on this part:

@xaade said:

will you become a paradox and explode?

now sets the bar extremely high.

If you are ever feeling suicidal, I urge you to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1 (800) 273-8255

But I sincerely doubt that you will ever feel suicidal as a result of my actions.

• @Fox said:

But I sincerely doubt that you will ever feel suicidal as a result of my actions.

Maybe not, but I may feel the need to take physical action on myself that may result in accidental death.

@xaade said:

Dammit..... that's not all those people know.

Actually, it is. Or, at least, that's all they know to expect from the future. I'm amazed that I have to explain this to people who claim to have gone through it. How old were you?

• @xaade said:

take physical action on myself that may result in accidental death.

Remember to follow all the safety and health guidelines while bashing your head against the wall.

• 8 - 18.

And I got to the point of wanting suicide several times.

But each time I realized, there's at least one person out there that cared if I died.

Wanting to commit suicide is a sign of emotion immaturity. Outside of some level of physical pain that makes it impossible to function, suicide is illogical and selfish.

• sekret PM club

@xaade said:

Wanting to commit suicide is a sign of emotion immaturity. Outside of some level of physical pain that makes it impossible to function, suicide is illogical and selfish.

That's not how depression works. To someone who's depressed, that light at the end of the tunnel is always an incoming train. They honestly, truly feel that there is no way things can get better, because life will just continually shit on them more and more. Eventually it can get to a point where dealing with that level of mental anguish outweighs the potential pain they'd bring if they committed suicide, and some people will just decide to stop dealing with it so they can try and know peace for once.

• @e4tmyl33t said:

To someone who's depressed

I understand depression.

But it's always internal.

No one is driven to suicide, they choose suicide.

And the problem with our society today, is the bar (standard) for emotional fortitude is getting lower and lower with every generation, for whatever reason, to the point where just having people disagree with you causes emotional anguish.

I don't know what that is, but it is. I suspect it has to do with our society sheltering children from dealing with failure, but I do not know this for certain.

What I do know, is that every liberal enlightened way to increase the emotional-mental fortitude of people has instead weakened it, and instead of expecting personal strength the view has shifted onto censoring and removing things that are perceived to cause anguish.

If, instead, we used conservative ways to build emotional-mental fortitude by setting reasonable goals and supporting people so that they achieve them, building confidence, we might reverse this trend. These are methods that have a proven track record, and are currently implemented in the workplace where success is a requirement.

In other words, instead of focusing on reducing discrimination, we focused on making sure a trans-person is not so two dimensional that they place their entire identity on their trans-ness, they might find goals and successes elsewhere that reinforces their fortitude so that they can cope with people disagreeing with them.

Example

So, people disagree with you that trans is a healthy lifestyle. You just had an art production that was highly praised by art critics....

In common slang....

Fuck the haters.

This is how a healthy person responds.

• sekret PM club

@xaade said:

In other words, instead of focusing on reducing discrimination, we focused on making sure a trans-person is not so two dimensional that they place their entire identity on their trans-ness, they might find goals and successes elsewhere that reinforces their fortitude so that they can cope with people disagreeing with them.

The problem I see with this is that the core "who I am" of a trans person might (and in many areas, will) be regularly called into question by people that either don't (or can't) understand, or more damagingly, by people who flat out refuse to understand and continue to insist that the trans person is "broken" or "wrong". Hearing "Your fundamental sense of self is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated" repeated ad nauseam like a broken record from people who refuse to see past their own limited mindset may completely overshadow any positive reinforcement the person receives for any other accomplishments they may make, because while talents (such as your art example) are things you can do, your internal sense of self is who you are.

@xaade said:

Fuck the haters.

This is how a healthy person responds.

If that is possible, it may be. However, when the haters are the ones running the established order around you, that just invites more issues than it resolves.

This isn't limited to trans people either, but anyone across the LGBT spectrum really.

@e4tmyl33t said:

that just invites more issues than it resolves.

Case in point, this forum

@e4tmyl33t said:

The problem I see with this is that the core "who I am" of a trans person might (and in many areas, will) be regularly called into question by people that either don't (or can't) understand, or more damagingly, by people who flat out refuse to understand and continue to insist that the trans person is "broken" or "wrong". Hearing "Your fundamental sense of self is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated" repeated ad nauseam like a broken record from people who refuse to see past their own limited mindset may completely overshadow any positive reinforcement the person receives for any other accomplishments they may make, because while talents (such as your art example) are things you can do, your internal sense of self is who you are.

This is pretty much what I've been saying the whole time.

• @e4tmyl33t said:

by people who flat out refuse to understand and continue to insist that the trans person is "broken" or "wrong".

I'm pretty sure I'm functionally autistic.

I would not call that aspect of me normal.

I do not lose sleep at night.

• sekret PM club

@xaade said:

I'm pretty sure I'm functionally autistic.

I would not call that aspect of me normal.

It may not be normal. "Normal" is a shifting definition anyway.

I wouldn't, however, call it wrong or call you broken because of it. It's a part of who you are.

• @e4tmyl33t said:

when the haters are the ones running the established order around you

Tell me one time a politician made it a crime for a trans to exist?

Because there was a time in the past it was like that. And I'm certain that in some parts of the world it still is.

There is no systematic discrimination of trans. It is not legal to harm a trans person simply because they are trans.

• @e4tmyl33t said:

I wouldn't, however, call it wrong or call you broken because of it. It's a part of who you are.

And I would say you're wrong.

It causes anxiety, social uncomfortableness. I can't look people in the eye.

And so on.

That makes me broken.

I feel the same about trans.

It's a fault, an error.

I've been made fun of for it.

And yet, I would not say they drove me to suicide.

But we're not even talking about being made fun of or having life be difficult here.

We're simply talking about saying the lifestyle is a result of a defect.

That can not be claimed to drive one to suicide.

• @Fox said:

Case in point, this forum

Are we "running the estabilished order around you" now?

@e4tmyl33t said:

The problem I see with this is that the core "who I am" of a trans person might (and in many areas, will) be regularly called into question by people that either don't (or can't) understand, or more damagingly, by people who flat out refuse to understand and continue to insist that the trans person is "broken" or "wrong".

Yep. Just like the core "who I am" of a gay adolescent, a nerdy kid in school, or a hardcore black metal fan might, and will, be called in question by people who come from different place and don't understand it.

But people cope with it. They always have. It might not be easy, and for some groups it might be harder than for others, but a crucial part of being able to live in a society is to come to terms with the fact that yes, there are people who don't see the world through your eyes.

Besides, AFAIR the whole mess started with @Fox bashing people over the heads for having their sexual preferences wrong and broken - namely, that we find transsexuals a turnoff. It's like telling the guy who prefers redheads over blondes that he's a discriminatory piece of shit and a worthless human being.

@Maciejasjmj said:

Are we "running the estabilished order around you" now?

Y'all are "running the established order" of this forum.

@Maciejasjmj said:

But people cope with it. They always have. It might not be easy, and for some groups it might be harder than for others, but a crucial part of being able to live in a society is to come to terms with the fact that yes, there are people who don't see the world through your eyes.

That doesn't mean we have to let you all make it harder for some groups, just because you're some of those people.

@Maciejasjmj said:

Besides, AFAIR the whole mess started with @Fox bashing people over the heads for having their sexual preferences wrong and broken - namely, that we find transsexuals a turnoff.

False. It started because people were saying that it would be okay to flip out upon finding that the girl you took home was transsexual, in any stage of transition.

• @Fox said:

You know the amazing thing about forums... that's so much better than a country?

You can make your own.

In fact, you can mute this thread, or not even participate in this topic.

@Fox said:

we have to let you all make it harder

What are you suggesting you'll do.

Make it a thought crime to not prefer trans?

Or, maybe you'll use force and literally kill people who disagree with you.

Here's the fundamental thing about your position that makes you wrong.

@Maciejasjmj said:

people who don't see the world through your eye

@Fox said:

make it harder

@Fox said:

flip out upon finding that the girl you took home was transsexual

False again.

You said it wasn't even ok for you to be upset or disgusted that you found out the person was trans.

Because they are

@Fox said:

Functionally equivalent

• @Maciejasjmj said:

It's like telling the guy who prefers redheads over blondes that he's a discriminatory piece of shit and a worthless human being.

we all know it's the other way around.

• You know what's functionally equivalent to a trans.

A woman blindfolding you, and then holding out a fleshlight.

Don't be upset that you didn't actually penetrate her lady parts.

It's functionally equivalent.

• Also,

The twist lies in romantic comedies are less relevant than this transception issue.

And yet I support women's ethical right to be upset about each one of the lies in those movies.

"You don't actually own this yacht... it's your bosses. Why did I have that one night stand with you?!?!?!"

Even she has a right to be upset.

@xaade said:

What are you suggesting you'll do.

No, I'm suggesting that I'll continue challenging such bullshit wherever I find it.

@xaade said:

False again.

You said it wasn't even ok for you to be upset or disgusted that you found out the person was trans.

Because they are

That's actually false. I said it wasn't even okay for you to lash out at the person because of those feelings. I never said you weren't allowed to feel them.

• @Fox said:

Is this forum "around you"? Are we influencing your life outside of the boundaries you yourself put? No, you choose to be here, you choose to interact with us, you could have whatever evil and misery you think we bring upon you stop at any moment by just letting it go and getting together with people around whom you feel comfortable.

@Fox said:

That doesn't mean we have to let you all make it harder for some groups, just because you're some of those people.

No, but you're trying to force us into making it easier for your group. And that's not how life works. You can't just demand and require people to be as you want them to.

@Fox said:

False. It started because people were saying that it would be okay to flip out upon finding that the girl you took home was transsexual, in any stage of transition.

Okay. Imagine you picked up a guy at a bar. Imagine you take him home and you land in bed. Imagine that after you take his boxers off, instead of a fresh, juicy penis, you find either:
    a) a vagina
    b) a hunk of plastic duct-taped to his nether regions
    c) a bonsai tree with eyeballs hanging off the branches

Now try to understand (that's the hard part, I know, but you can do it!) that for most heterosexual men, the feeling is exactly the same as you've experienced imagining the most repulsive of the options. And a heterosexual man can't help it. He can't convince himself that a penis on a pretty girl is just as good as a vagina. When it comes to sex, you can't just expect people to feel tolerance and compassion and just roll with it.

• @Fox said:

I said it wasn't even okay for you to lash out at the person because of those feelings. I never said you weren't allowed to feel them.

That makes you even more shallow than yacht girl.

"Don't tell me how you feel. I don't give a shit. Just fuck me."

We aren't saying he should physically or verbally assault her.

We're simply saying he should be allowed to verbalize his frustration.

There's a difference between.

"What the fuck. Why did you lie to me. I'm upset with you."

and

"I'm going to kill you, you non-bitch".

@Maciejasjmj said:

Is this forum "around you"? Are we influencing your life outside of the boundaries you yourself put? No, you choose to be here, you choose to interact with us, you could have whatever evil and misery you think we bring upon you stop at any moment by just letting it go and getting together with people around whom you feel comfortable.

Did I say that the problems caused by calling you out for your bullshit influenced my life outside of this forum? No. I just said that this forum itself was an example of how calling out the ones running the show for being discriminatory doesn't end well.

@Maciejasjmj said:

No, but you're trying to force us into making it easier for your group.

No, I'm not. I'm trying to force you into ceasing your efforts (be they unintentional or intentional) to make it harder for my group and the others that fall under the GLBTQ umbrella.

@Maciejasjmj said:

Now try to understand (that's the hard part, I know, but you can do it!) that for most heterosexual men, the feeling is exactly the same as you've experienced imagining the most repulsive of the options. And a heterosexual man can't help it. He can't convince himself that a penis on a pretty girl is just as good as a vagina. When it comes to sex, you can't just expect people to feel tolerance and compassion and just roll with it.

I'm not expecting you to "just roll with it". I'm expecting you to not throw a hissy cow about it. If you find that the woman you took home is not actually someone you wish to have sex with, don't have sex with her. Simple as that. You don't have to flip out and yell at her about how she's a perverted man or any of the various other examples of bullshit men do to trans women.

@xaade said:

"Don't tell me how you feel. I don't give a shit. Just fuck me."

False.

@xaade said:

We aren't saying he should physically or verbally assault her.

We're simply saying he should be allowed to verbalize his frustration.

There's a difference between.

"What the fuck. Why did you lie to me."

and

"I'm going to kill you, you non-bitch".

True, but they're both unacceptable. There's a difference between

and

"I'm sorry, I'm actually not comfortable with this."

• @Fox said:

make it harder for my group by wanting to know what I am before blindly having one night stands with me.

FTFY

• @Fox said:

True, but they're both unacceptable. There's a difference between

and

So, when you find out your wife can't give birth, and she knew this, and still married someone she knew wanted kids.

• ♿ (Parody)

@Maciejasjmj said:

Yep. Just like the core "who I am" of a gay adolescent, a nerdy kid in school, or a hardcore black metal fan might, and will, be called in question by people who come from different place and don't understand it.

He's created this fantasy where we're all attacking them or whatever and trying to brainwash them. It's hard to discuss stuff when someone is that far gone down the rabbit hole.

@xaade said:

one night stands

@xaade said:

married

Oh, right, I forgot, we're allowed to just flippantly alter the basic context of our hypothetical scenarios to fit our arguments.

Also,

@xaade said:

So, when you find out your wife can't give birth, and she knew this, and still married someone she knew wanted kids.

I've stated several times that trans status is relevant to a relationship long enough for marriage to be on the table. Get the fuck out of here with your straw man.

• @Fox said:

I just said that this forum itself was an example of how calling out the ones running the show for being discriminatory doesn't end well.

No, this forum is an example of how being a major asshole to everyone who you're discussing with and not even trying to empathize doesn't end well.

@Fox said:

I'm trying to force you into ceasing your efforts (be they unintentional or intentional) to make it harder for my group and the others that fall under the GLBTQ umbrella.

Make it harder... how? By being unwilling to fuck with them?

Well shit, I guess I should sue every girl who didn't go to bed with me for discrimination against ugly people. They need lovin' too!

@Fox said:

You don't have to flip out and yell at her about how she's a perverted man or any of the various other examples of bullshit men do to trans women.

Well I won't if I've been informed about that. It's really not that hard.

"Oh, before we go to your place, you might want to know I have a bonsai eyeball tree in my pants."
    "Oh, sorry then, I'm not interested. Now go have fun and find yourself a guy who's into it."

See? Crisis averted by just being honest about an issue that is important for 100% of people, give or take a statistical error. But no, you'd rather have people find out about it the hard way and then expect them not to be angry about it.