📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™

• @tsaukpaetra said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

Oh dear. Well, now I get to deal with this shit a bit more than normal...

0_1520132901648_ed15f2da-3789-41ee-adce-474e508224e4-image.png

I'm more annoyed by the divide-by-0.

• @tsaukpaetra I like that it's the 2018 award. Not the 2018 award for anything in particular, just the award.

• Garbage Person

@anonymous234 Not the prestigious Yahoo Prize Award?

• 0_1520215385649_c42963ba-3eb0-4b8a-81f5-255a857d7146-image.png

Does that mean the feds have been notified?

• The subect of Magix video editing software came up in another thread recently, maybe a month ago. I mentioned that I had bought it 10+ years ago (and hadn't used it in nearly that long), and they're still emailing me to get me to buy the latest and greatest version.

Well last night they decided to try something new — spamming me in a language I don't know, German.

0_1520266257818_9fccf724-e15d-4c16-b675-857caee19005-image.png
    0_1520266397347_b8b0c9ec-a988-4bae-acbf-50b1346cffca-image.png

etc...

Well, it did work, sort of. I still have no intention of buying it, but at least I spent ∞% more time reading it than I would have otherwise; normally, I would have just deleted it without opening it.

• Notification Spam Recipient

@hardwaregeek said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

I spent ∞% more time reading it

And now so have I!

And using my Amazing American English skills I will now translate, because compiling...

Read Mr. [][][]

Film makes of the Greatest -- Get some less Prize!

Such the of the limited strength Hollywood-Edition of new Video deluxe 2018 Premium Suite. All Hollywood-Effect like NewBlue & HitFilm + All new, intelligent Video deluxe functions in a spectacular Suites. Not for curtsy Zeit in unslaved Upgrade-Prize!

With Candy and Press gifted: Video deluxe 2018 Premium -- Get some unfangled Suite!

 Videopieces amid 5factors Turbo! Sack-free correctness with encoding 4k videos -- thanks to new 5x Bezels. It's brandnew flexible Fasthandling.
     1,500 Special effects and Filmmusic Record-Effects -- Get over 1,500 and erstwhile Filmmusics. And after you go Wunsh-Effects aren't disabled, find Them in the new integrated Store!
     4 new Premium-Plugins! examples Color Grading, Build-in-Build Effect, Split Screens, Special-audiooptimization and original Filmeffects.

Not getting all limited strength Edition with Hollywood-Effects (Guessedtwittered: 421.99)

 Full Hollywood-Flair: the hogworth lights- and Farbeffects for NewBlueFX Filters 5 Recolor + NewBlueFX Filters 5 Recreate (Was: 198)
     Full Hollywood-Glasses: overshaded, fractal-bending Effective-Highlights with HitFilm Stylized Pack + HitFilm Variety Pack. Giving Gutshining-effects for brandnew Video deluxe effects. (Was: 174)
     Expert-Live-Videocursors: The MAGIX Film-Profi irritated inside the Experts-Functions with Video deluxe -- the Onlinecursors for this Highlight-Film. (Was: 49.99)

Nudging the these firstmages Chace of Upgrading of the new Video deluxe 2018 Premium Suite in the glasses Hollywood-Edition!

Get upgrades with the best Anglebots. Heard before the 13 March 2018!

For not 69.99 (stays 551.98)

• ♿ (Parody)

Oh, no! I missed it!

0_1520542447459_82d75d2f-2886-4b24-8e4c-0370f61679bf-image.png

• 🚽 Regular

0_1520871831222_7ab65bc5-a629-4820-842a-3e2235de6b4b-image.png

I am indeed very love Engineer Jobs, how did you know?

Sadly the page just sells knocked-off t-shirt designs...crap ones. Waste of a sandbox checking that out.

• Considered Harmful

0_1520885394756_37fe5285-c455-4bd2-a309-c1284fad13ce-image.png 0_1520885407335_f7179264-7582-4f1d-afaf-b93f6acfd085-image.png

• ♿ (Parody)

Someone is apparently sending Chinese labor law stuff to sourceforge addresses.

0_1521059088764_f082b018-3af9-4f72-b66c-3665253d9f4a-image.png

Original, untranslated

0_1521059011646_039eab4b-e799-4e45-996d-a9b10bd29e52-image.png

• 0_1521350154096_df384a35-c23f-4dd6-bc8e-66b1ab449932-image.png

• Misspelled Go as Golang five times and GO two times.
    • I will be working closely with a CTO who is last two companies!
    • Randomly capitalized words in the Middle Of sentences, like Accessible, Disrupt, and Developer.
    • This company wants to make a centralized blockchain implementation, which defeats the point of blockchain.
    • I'm BCC'd on this email, which gives me great confidence that the recruiter is contacting me directly.
    • Sure, I'll quit my job so I can go work for some guy I don't know the name of because some random recruiter emailed me and told me I need to get a work visa in England.

Let's check out the twitter feed they're advertising. I bet there's a lot of juicy stuff on there.

0_1521350724518_62fa425f-ec61-45ba-8ab6-f8a4cee36f55-image.png

... or there's nothing at all on there.

• Not technically spam, since I'm signed up with them, but I think we'll all agree that a lot of LinkedIn's emails are spam in all but name.

Just the subject line, since I haven't actually opened the email:

Is working at the top tech companies only for the young?

Since I am currently working at what would certainly be ranked among the "top" tech companies, and I am certainly not young, I'm gonna say, "No." Betteridge wins again.

• @hardwaregeek Spam is unsolicited marketing email. Did you agree to let them send you marketing emails? If so, is there a button you can push to no longer agree? If you answered no to either of these questions, it's spam.

• @ben_lubar Are you unfamiliar with LinkedIn? It's basically social media for job hunting. It's entirely opt-in, and one can cancel one's opt in. The granularity of that, however... One may not be able to opt into only the stuff you think is relevant without also opting into all the stuff they think you might think is relevant, and there is a lot of "you might be interested in" stuff that I'm not — especially since these "interesting" articles are always links to links to articles, some of which are behind paywalls. (I'll admit I haven't looked into the opt-in options much; I just ignore the irrelevant stuff.)

I mostly just found the premise of the subject line amusing.

• @hardwaregeek Of course, once you're on LinkedIn, you'll be incessantly spammed by recruiters who have (obviously) never read your profile. And even spammed to email accounts you've never made public (WTF GMail?).

@dcon said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

@hardwaregeek Of course, once you're on LinkedIn, you'll be incessantly spammed by recruiters who have (obviously) never read your profile. And even spammed to email accounts you've never made public (WTF GMail?).

Not in my experience. Maybe I don't have enough buzzwords in my profile...

@hardwaregeek Of course, once you're on LinkedIn, you'll be incessantly spammed by recruiters who have (obviously) never read your profile. And even spammed to email accounts you've never made public (WTF GMail?).

I get several a week. About 1 a month on my non-publicized gmail account. And a couple on my corporate account (again, not listed on LI, but since the company is listed, they can probably guess)

@tsaukpaetra said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

I get several a week. About 1 a month on my non-publicized gmail account. And a couple on my corporate account (again, not listed on LI, but since the company is listed, they can probably guess)

You have my sympathies.

@tsaukpaetra said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

You have my sympathies.

If they were actually in my field, it would be at least useful. "We saw your profile on LinkedIn and thought you'd be a great match for our full-stack web position." Yeah, in what universe did you see anything remotely related to web tech in my profile. (I'm Win32/C++ all the way)

• @dcon said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

you'll be incessantly spammed by recruiters who have (obviously) never read your profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDbvVFffWV4

• @dcon said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

@hardwaregeek Of course, once you're on LinkedIn, you'll be incessantly spammed by recruiters who have (obviously) never read your profile.

Indeed. Since I have, at one time or another, posted my resume/profile to a number of job search websites, I can't be sure which profile they're failing to read. However, regardless of which site he is using, there is one particular recruiter to whom I would like to send something like the following, with a copy to his manager (but :kneeling_warthog:):

Dear Mr. Whatever:

I normally like to maintain good relationships with recruiters, as there is no way to guess who may connect me with my next job. However, you have repeatedly sent me job descriptions that are not in any way relevant to my previous experience, thus demonstrating that you have either not read my resume or are incapable of understanding what you read. Even if you were to send me something relevant, I do not trust that you are competent to present me to the hiring manager in a way that has a chance of being successful. Therefore, kindly [description of unnatural acts with cacti, purple dildos, razor blades, diseased animals, and rusty knives omitted for brevity] and do not contact me again.

Have a nice day,
    HardwareGeek

• @hardwaregeek LOL. I normally never reply to them. But one day, one just pissed me off. I told them they obviously had not read my profile as nothing in the posting related to me. Needless to say, there was no response.

• @dcon I (sometimes) reply politely to people who have a history of sending me relevant jobs; I want them to think of me when I am looking for a job. For example:

Dear Mr. Whatever:

Thank you for contacting me. I am currently in a contract with X months left, so I am not looking for another job at this time. However, I look forward to hearing from you again near the end of my contract. Etc.

I mostly ignore the irrelevant ones (and even the relevant ones when I'm not looking), but once in a while somebody is so incompetent as to annoy me.

• I'm generally a very forgiving person (even my ex-wife), but I'm not convinced %{name}% is genuinely repentent:

Subject: Please accept our apology
    Date: 2018-03-22 12:11
    To: [Redacted]

Hi there,
    You may have accidentally received an email from our international team yesterday. We hit the brakes and stopped it from sending out to our whole list, but we know some of you received this email. Please ignore this mail or choose to Unsubscribe it if you believe you are not supposed to receive this email.

Here�s what happened:
    We operate in nine languages and sometimes communication can be difficult and mistakes such as this can be made. For as often as we send %{5number}% emails, we�re proud this is the first time it�s happened. We apologize for this inconvenience. This email is encrypted with code %{7letter}%
    This email was sent on behalf of eBay and was authorized accordingly.

Yours %{name}%
    eBay Legal Team

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

@hardwaregeek
    Like, what's the win condition of that e-mail anyway? To make you go back to the spam they hit you with yesterday and click on the link? To pre-condition you for a future phishing campaign? To get angry responses to confirm active e-mail addresses???

• @izzion There was no spam yesterday. I assume it's the Unsubscribe link (that isn't a link in my copy-pasta).

• Banned

0_1522261228623_4dc7998d-3c81-4d7e-b856-1c79440e3ec8-image.png

• @gąska ah, the well known Japanese bank named BANK OF AMERICA

• @ben_lubar The one that works with the British Government in Conjunction with us government

• @gąska i mean, c'mon, they've got the authority of the WORLD GOVERNING BODY. This sounds like an awesome deal!

• Java Dev

@gąska Ah, I see Mr. Jeff Anderson is back. I got a few emails from him too.

• Not quite spam

0_1522424348729_Screenshot_20180330-113340~01.png

• Java Dev

So, the built-in mail client in Windows 10 has introduced priority inbox, where it puts the e-mails of most interest to me first. What's the first mail I get there? Well, what thread are we in?

0_1522688027486_steel-import.PNG

Last time I got similar spam to that account it was about stone-related goods. This time it is steel. Where I get the lastest prices because I am one of famous importer of this wondrous substance known as stanless steel.

• @atazhaia Stanless steel is highly sought after by importers, because if you get regular steel Stan usually shows up and he's kind of a douche.

• Java Dev

@hungrier Yeah, he is.

• 🚽 Regular

0_1522750804216_6e114f71-d854-40ea-8b23-9ff286f24700-image.png

"Images are not displayed", huh Gmail?

Interesting use of 🆕 in the subject too.

• BINNED

Welcome to United Bank Of Africa.
    Address: Rte De L'Aeroport, Cotonou
    Foreign Reserve Escrow Account Officer

I am glad to announce to you today that a new payment policy has been adopted and you have been shortlisted for payment via Online Banking United Bank Of Africa, We hereby inform you that United Bank Of Africa have instructed to open online account on your behalf to credit your account with the approved amount of US$17,500,000.00 Million United States Dollars only deposited from World Bank Group of Benin Republic In Africa as instructed by United Nation organization, Further more Endeavor to email us the following information for immediate processing.

Holy shit, 17,500,000.00 Million dollars?

0_1522757192814_3776b191-2769-4510-a0fe-d9ffa5b08708-image.png

<snip>
    These are the requirements that you need to be aware of before you contact us. You will fill the online account opening form, in regards to your funds $17.5 Million that has been approved by the Federal Government of Benin Republic also Federal Government of United State and United Nation Organization.

Now it's only $17.5 Million? SHIT! I'M LOSING MONEY ALREADY!

• Java Dev

@zecc "I am a bit shy, so that's why I'm sending you, a random stranger, a picture of my tits."

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

@atazhaia
    Sometimes you just have to take that first step towards overcoming your fears.

• 0_1522777295043_3223f3d2-1a19-42f9-8adb-5aca8d0d10f4-image.png
    What the hell, Amazon? No, I'm not looking to extend or replace my on-premise storage capabilities. I don't have any on-premise storage capabilities, unless you count my computer's hard disk. I literally haven't touched AWS in 5 years. What on earth made you suddenly send me an email offering to teach me the basics?

• @anonymous234 said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

0_1522777295043_3223f3d2-1a19-42f9-8adb-5aca8d0d10f4-image.png
    What the hell, Amazon? No, I'm not looking to extend or replace my on-premise storage capabilities. I don't have any on-premise storage capabilities, unless you count my computer's hard disk. I literally haven't touched AWS in 5 years. What on earth made you suddenly send me an email offering to teach me the basics?

You should order a snowball and tell them you want to back up a few floppies onto it

• @onyx said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

Welcome to United Bank Of Africa.
    Address: Rte De L'Aeroport, Cotonou
    Foreign Reserve Escrow Account Officer

I am glad to announce to you today that a new payment policy has been adopted and you have been shortlisted for payment via Online Banking United Bank Of Africa, We hereby inform you that United Bank Of Africa have instructed to open online account on your behalf to credit your account with the approved amount of US$17,500,000.00 Million United States Dollars only deposited from World Bank Group of Benin Republic In Africa as instructed by United Nation organization, Further more Endeavor to email us the following information for immediate processing.

Holy shit, 17,500,000.00 Million dollars?

0_1522757192814_3776b191-2769-4510-a0fe-d9ffa5b08708-image.png

<snip>
    These are the requirements that you need to be aware of before you contact us. You will fill the online account opening form, in regards to your funds $17.5 Million that has been approved by the Federal Government of Benin Republic also Federal Government of United State and United Nation Organization.

Now it's only $17.5 Million? SHIT! I'M LOSING MONEY ALREADY!

The Zimbabwe dollar? That's a typical day.

• ♿ (Parody)

@atazhaia said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

So, the built-in mail client in Windows 10 has introduced priority inbox, where it puts the e-mails of most interest to me first. What's the first mail I get there? Well, what thread are we in?

0_1522688027486_steel-import.PNG

Last time I got similar spam to that account it was about stone-related goods. This time it is steel. Where I get the lastest prices because I am one of famous importer of this wondrous substance known as stanless steel.

I"ll bet Anna works for Ea-nasir

• 🚽 Regular

@zecc said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

"Images are not displayed", huh Gmail?
    Interesting use of 🆕 in the subject too.

Got another one, with different emojis in the title.

I figured I'd investigate what was up with a picture of a person's derrière being shown despite the "Images are not displayed" indication.

Here's what I found:

<table
     cellpadding='0px' cellspacing='0px' style='width:80px'><tr><td height='2px'
     style='width:80px; background: linear-gradient(to right,
     #f4c5a2,#edc098,#cb9576,#bf8b6e,#cf9a7c,#d2a88a,#dfaf8f,#e7b99d,#edc3ab,#f0c5aa,#f3c9b1,#cda086,#643d25,#734b36,#92694d,#5d341f,#7e432e,#d57f66,#f7917a,#f48f79,#f78872,#f18871,#ef8a6c,#f69072,#f78e73,#f08668,#dc805a,#d88861,#d08958,#d39c73,#cea383,#d4ad8a,#d6b091,#dab596,#e6bda3,#e7c9a7,#efcaae,#e8c2a8,#e3bd98,#d3a480);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     height='2px' style='width:80px; background: linear-gradient(to right,
     #f5c7a6,#ecc49d,#ce9876,#c38b73,#cf9a7b,#d9a687,#deb38e,#ebb99f,#f0c5ad,#f5caac,#eec2ac,#d9af9a,#623f2d,#5a3722,#593324,#5d3423,#884d33,#ea8f75,#ea8d6f,#f68c79,#f8967b,#fd8d7a,#fb8c74,#f88d71,#fc8e75,#f58d6b,#e3875e,#d78658,#d08759,#d08e64,#c89771,#d3a682,#d9ae92,#d9b498,#e2bda3,#e6c4a5,#e7cbae,#e3c2a5,#e5b999,#cba070);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f3c3a7,#e9be9e,#ce9971,#c0906c,#cb9c7d,#d4a484,#dcad90,#edb99e,#f7c9af,#f5cbb2,#f2c3ac,#f0b9a5,#85493c,#663324,#5a3621,#603625,#995b44,#f99782,#cf7958,#d3715d,#f39075,#f48c6f,#fa8d71,#ff9176,#fc9078,#fb8d70,#f08967,#de825c,#d4885a,#d38c5b,#c78e66,#cc9b7a,#d4ab89,#dbb298,#ddb7a0,#e5c3a6,#e9c9a8,#eac29f,#e3bb95,#c09369);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f5c6a3,#eabe9d,#d09372,#c48d6e,#cc997c,#d7a68a,#e0ae92,#edbca3,#f4cbb3,#f2c9af,#eab8a6,#e89a8d,#f69d8d,#e38a78,#b6695c,#835037,#b96f53,#f2967a,#d17658,#c36a50,#df7a66,#e9846e,#f28a70,#fa9075,#ff947c,#ff8f74,#f48b6f,#ea8464,#db8456,#d08c5b,#c68f64,#c09072,#cb9e7b,#daad8c,#e4b59f,#e8c0a5,#edc1a8,#e5bb9f,#e3b990,#bb8b60);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f7c0a4,#eaba9a,#cc957a,#c58f6d,#ce997e,#dbaa88,#e1b194,#ecc0a5,#fbc9b1,#facdb5,#f8c4b1,#f9a89a,#f39685,#da7f6d,#d9987d,#d19276,#ec9475,#e3906d,#e18165,#f58c78,#ed8473,#ce6b56,#e17d61,#ef8669,#f78b6e,#fd8a75,#f78971,#ed856b,#e0835e,#da8255,#c5875b,#c1926f,#c79a74,#d3a384,#e0b092,#e8bea5,#ecc0aa,#e0b99e,#e3b58e,#b88259);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f1bfa0,#f2bc9d,#ca957b,#c3906c,#cc9e7d,#daac8f,#e1b393,#ebbbaa,#f6cab7,#f9cab3,#fac5af,#f29c8f,#e38876,#d9947c,#c27459,#c97b5d,#da7e5d,#cc7b4f,#ed8d72,#fc9a87,#f58e74,#d5735c,#b35b3d,#d06c50,#dc745a,#e78266,#f6866c,#ea8a6a,#e38961,#d68560,#cb8760,#be8c68,#bf9372,#c99b7a,#d3a989,#e2b89a,#e7bea1,#dfb89a,#dcac8d,#bc8453);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f5c19f,#f0bda1,#c79879,#c58e6d,#d19e7d,#dcab92,#e3b79b,#f2beaa,#facdb8,#fccfb2,#fdc9b4,#f6ac99,#d98271,#c77155,#cb6f55,#dd7d63,#c87050,#bf683b,#d7845f,#ef9877,#de8068,#be684f,#be6547,#b95e3f,#d57053,#e38160,#ea8765,#db7d56,#ce7e4a,#ca7d4d,#c48051,#be8665,#c09168,#c89675,#d0a381,#deb093,#e3b897,#dcb695,#d4aa81,#b67e50);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f4bea4,#efb9a3,#cf9677,#c88c6e,#d09e7f,#e3a991,#e5b199,#f0c1aa,#f9ceb7,#f7ceb8,#f5ceba,#fac1ae,#c97a65,#cc705d,#d67d64,#c67052,#b7643c,#b76436,#b96940,#c07144,#cc7a55,#8f4a2f,#b36541,#d97953,#da7b53,#d27951,#c36f49,#b96c3d,#b56e3c,#b97442,#be794c,#c48256,#ba8a65,#be936f,#c9957a,#d0a586,#d9b18f,#dcb596,#cd9b79,#b78250);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f2c19f,#ebbea1,#cc937a,#cd8c6f,#d2a280,#e2ad91,#e9b599,#f5c1ab,#facdbb,#fecebc,#f9cebd,#f9cbb9,#f2bba2,#d1876e,#cb775c,#b86246,#b15a36,#ae5f37,#ac5c33,#ad5d34,#ab6234,#894526,#8a4a27,#b9693f,#b8673a,#b26137,#b36238,#ae6538,#ae663c,#b06d3a,#b86d3d,#bd774a,#bd855e,#bd8e67,#c1946b,#cb9d76,#d0a883,#d6b08e,#c6936c,#b27b4e);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f2c3a3,#edbca1,#d19477,#ce9172,#d8a381,#e7b995,#e8b793,#f5c1ae,#f7ccb8,#fecdbf,#fbcbb9,#ffccb4,#fcc9b6,#f0af96,#ca775d,#b96343,#b55d3a,#b2613a,#a96034,#ad5a31,#a95b33,#843e29,#863b2a,#a75532,#a85936,#ab5932,#ac5c35,#a45732,#a45b2f,#ad5a33,#af5f36,#af6438,#bd7f58,#be8b62,#be8c64,#c29573,#c9a17b,#d7a787,#c28d65,#b67c4f);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f7c5a5,#edbda2,#cb9273,#cb8e6c,#daa277,#e6b583,#cc936e,#eebca4,#facbbb,#fad0be,#f9d0bd,#ffceb9,#f9d0b4,#f8b19a,#f5987f,#da7d62,#c8714f,#bc6547,#bb6342,#ae5a38,#9a4a2d,#893e2c,#893f25,#a65032,#a7502a,#a54d30,#9f4c2d,#a04e2f,#a4512c,#9e5328,#9e572c,#a96037,#b57d55,#b7875f,#bb8861,#c0936b,#c59c71,#cf9c76,#b68159,#b3794c);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f9c4a1,#ecbca1,#cd976f,#c98f6b,#c1865f,#c48c62,#b77f59,#e9b49f,#f5cbba,#f7d2b7,#fad3b9,#facab7,#fcccb7,#f2a089,#f49682,#f18f7a,#de7d65,#c4614a,#da7259,#b0594a,#d57c70,#d2745f,#b55c3e,#c86a47,#bd5d3d,#ab5636,#a44f2c,#9f4e2b,#9d4b2d,#9a4c2b,#a35d34,#ac653d,#b57548,#b3825b,#b8845b,#be8c67,#c49672,#c69c74,#af7b4b,#b37b49);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f5c0a5,#edbd9c,#cf9679,#c78f6a,#cc9872,#d79c7d,#cb9175,#e3b7a0,#f9cab4,#f8cfbd,#fcd0bc,#fccdb9,#fbcdb8,#e69a88,#e68776,#de7e64,#c86b53,#b1573c,#eb876d,#f48d7a,#cf7562,#d47961,#eb836e,#ea8262,#df7c5c,#d47157,#c36d4f,#a85439,#9a4f32,#9b512b,#a5582c,#ad6339,#b66f44,#bb764e,#b98654,#b98a65,#be9270,#c8926d,#ac7b40,#af7a47);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f7c2a5,#eabaa1,#d1947b,#c78d74,#daa382,#daa689,#dba385,#ebbba1,#fbd2b8,#fbd7c1,#fbd5be,#ffd4bd,#fed6be,#f3c1a7,#d1876f,#c57055,#b66448,#b45642,#f8907c,#fda58d,#fca38d,#fa9b7e,#f98b73,#f28471,#e47d63,#c96f4a,#b05a35,#a65d33,#a75c30,#9c4f2c,#a85938,#b46c47,#bc764f,#c7754e,#c17e4e,#bb8250,#c08c60,#c28a64,#b07141,#ab7741);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f3bfa1,#eabb9f,#d2967b,#d19b7d,#dca98b,#e9b89e,#eabaa2,#eec2a7,#fdd1b8,#fdd7c0,#ffdcc1,#ffd5c0,#ffd4bb,#ffd2bb,#efbaa7,#d0907a,#c17b63,#de8b76,#ffa591,#ffa993,#ffa68c,#fe9f8b,#fa9785,#f39078,#e88365,#c76d45,#c76c4c,#c9714c,#bf6c43,#b35d39,#be6944,#ca7852,#cb7d56,#cc7c52,#c87d49,#ca7b4c,#c17f4c,#bb8350,#ac7040,#a77440);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f6bca3,#efb89c,#d19c7f,#d59e83,#e3b192,#ecbca3,#f4c5a5,#f7c3ab,#fdccaf,#ffd5c0,#ffd7be,#fdd7be,#ffd3be,#fcd3c0,#fdd2bc,#f8cdb6,#fbcbb1,#ffa995,#ffa38f,#fca289,#ff9e8c,#ffa087,#ff9c86,#fa8f7b,#e28167,#d6785c,#d47b56,#ce7951,#cc744a,#b7623b,#c26943,#cb734e,#d27b57,#da7f5c,#d5835c,#d27e50,#c77a47,#b37545,#aa703a,#a56f3b);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f3bb9f,#e8b49b,#dc9f80,#d7a786,#e5b797,#f1bc9f,#f6c7ac,#f8c4ac,#fbcaaa,#ffd2ba,#fcd9c1,#ffd5be,#fed8bf,#fcd4bc,#ffd0ba,#fbd2b8,#fcbca7,#fda18b,#ffa38c,#ff9c84,#fc9f84,#ff9c88,#fe9a87,#f89279,#e68767,#e07f5e,#db7a5e,#d37b55,#cd794b,#be6c3d,#c06e47,#d37353,#d97f65,#e28866,#e08662,#d8805f,#cb7b4c,#ba7042,#aa6b38,#a77038);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #eeb8a0,#eab89c,#dba683,#dda686,#e3b295,#f0bba3,#f3c6aa,#fac9b0,#facdad,#fed1b9,#ffd9c2,#ffd6bf,#ffd5be,#fdd5bb,#fcd4b7,#fbd1b7,#fdaf9d,#ffa184,#ffa287,#fca387,#ff9f89,#ffa187,#ff9f94,#f79180,#eb826c,#e58267,#de815e,#d67f58,#d0774e,#c57342,#bb6742,#da7b55,#e78866,#e78a6b,#e38865,#d78457,#cb7c51,#c37243,#b16838,#a76635);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #eeb89c,#eeb99a,#e2ab85,#d9ab85,#e5b294,#efc0a6,#f8c5a8,#fbcfb8,#fcd1b6,#fdd4bd,#fdd9c1,#fed6bd,#fdd5bc,#fcd0be,#ffcfb8,#fcc9b5,#fca690,#ff9986,#fda48b,#ffa48f,#ff9d87,#fc9d88,#ff9c89,#ff9d88,#e98671,#e37f64,#e08061,#dc7a5b,#cf7854,#ca7145,#b8633a,#dd7b61,#ef886d,#e58566,#e2835d,#d57c54,#cd774e,#bd7141,#b26a33,#a86630);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #f2ba9b,#eebc9e,#e6a986,#e1a582,#eab598,#f2c0a2,#f5c5a7,#fdccb2,#fed0bd,#fbd3bb,#fdd2c1,#ffd5bf,#fbd5bb,#fdd4bd,#ffcdb9,#ffcab0,#fc9d87,#fb9981,#fd9c83,#ff9b8a,#fe9c89,#fe9a85,#ff9a85,#fd937a,#e68668,#e57c61,#db7b60,#d97753,#d07752,#cc6d47,#b55c38,#e07a63,#f1856e,#e58364,#d87d59,#cf7748,#c47240,#bd6a3a,#af6535,#a9662f);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #eeb89c,#edb899,#e3af82,#dbab81,#e6b59a,#f3bda3,#f6c8ac,#ffceb4,#ffd7bc,#fbd4ba,#ffd7bd,#fbd7bc,#ffd6ba,#fccebc,#fbcdba,#ffcab1,#f0957f,#f99076,#f9957c,#fe9581,#ff927f,#fe9685,#fa8d79,#f18870,#de8067,#de7d60,#dc7559,#d2734d,#cb6f4a,#c46d41,#ad5835,#d07254,#e48260,#df785b,#d37654,#c46d49,#ba663c,#b66234,#ad6130,#a55e29);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #ebb797,#e6b397,#dfa981,#e2a781,#e4b992,#f5bea5,#f3c2ad,#ffceb2,#ffd2bc,#fed6bc,#ffd5be,#ffd2b9,#fdd4bb,#ffcfb6,#fdd1b6,#fec5b2,#ea907b,#ef8771,#ef8673,#f38871,#f68b77,#f98a76,#f58573,#e87d6b,#d87460,#d4765a,#d47054,#cc6e4a,#c16b3e,#be6a3c,#9f4d2a,#c56a4b,#db7659,#d07351,#c56e45,#b8653e,#ba613a,#aa6037,#a65b2f,#a75629);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #e6b697,#e3b296,#dea784,#dca684,#e3b395,#f0c0a1,#f4c3aa,#f9cbb1,#fcd5b7,#fed5bd,#ffceb9,#ffcfbb,#fad1bc,#f9d1b6,#fbd1b8,#fac4b2,#eb8b7c,#e3826c,#e07e69,#e58166,#e7826a,#eb7d68,#e77a63,#de7962,#d07452,#cc6f51,#cc6b46,#bf6345,#be613d,#b75f34,#8b411d,#b55a3e,#c66d48,#c16648,#bc5f41,#b25e35,#b16032,#a8542f,#9c5229,#9d5326);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #ecb595,#e4b296,#daaa88,#daaa87,#e6b79b,#edc2a2,#f0c0a9,#facbb5,#fad3bc,#ffd4b9,#fcceb9,#fcd2b7,#fed1b9,#facbb8,#f9cfb5,#f7c5ad,#e9937d,#e3806c,#d9785e,#d9735a,#d8755c,#dc7662,#d5765b,#d57258,#ca6b4c,#bf6443,#ba613f,#b95e3b,#af5532,#a14e31,#77341b,#a24e35,#b95e40,#b55a3c,#b05532,#ac542e,#a6542d,#9f5029,#954e22,#964d21);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #ecb197,#e4b496,#dda887,#daac87,#eab49a,#ecbaa1,#f4c4a5,#fbcbb3,#f9d0b9,#fed3b6,#ffd0b6,#fccdb7,#ffccb9,#f7d0b4,#f8ceb6,#fbc8b0,#eb9981,#e9826a,#da7662,#d26f53,#cc6b57,#ce6e51,#cd6752,#c36548,#c05e46,#b45741,#b25538,#a84e31,#a34a27,#8d3e23,#6e2817,#96432e,#a64a34,#a94e34,#a34b26,#a3492a,#9b4c24,#994525,#924724,#914821);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #ecb394,#eaab92,#dfa985,#d9a485,#eab99d,#f2bfa4,#f0c6a7,#faccae,#f8cbb5,#f9d1b6,#fdd0b9,#f9cdb5,#fbcdb4,#f9ccb7,#fdc9b0,#f7c8ad,#e89e86,#e57f67,#dc795f,#d67057,#c86e54,#ca674c,#c0634c,#b95c47,#b2573e,#ae543a,#a44f2e,#9d442a,#8d3e28,#692611,#652716,#8b3722,#9b3e29,#9b3f2a,#9b4326,#994225,#984021,#8f3c1e,#8b4520,#8b3f1f);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #e8b395,#e6b191,#dfa687,#dda889,#eab998,#eabca3,#f2c0a5,#f8c7ae,#fccfb3,#fecfb6,#fbcdb3,#f6ceb8,#fac9b5,#fdcbb5,#fbc6b3,#f5c6b0,#e99f8b,#da7e6c,#d87761,#cc7154,#c96850,#c46548,#be6444,#b55e43,#b3523e,#ac4e32,#9e4d2f,#974729,#87381d,#5f2213,#6b2817,#8a3a25,#9b3d26,#973d2c,#923d2b,#8f3a26,#8a391e,#8c3a1a,#863a1d,#8c3f1a);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #e8af94,#e2b094,#d9a986,#d8a880,#e9b897,#ecbda1,#efc3a9,#f6caad,#f6cdb5,#f6cdb2,#f5ccb5,#f9c8b1,#f6cab2,#f7cbb5,#f8c7b0,#f7c4ae,#eaaa90,#d97b65,#ce7657,#cd6751,#c6684f,#bd6348,#bb5c3e,#b05639,#ac5738,#a85131,#a04c2f,#9f4f2d,#8c3d23,#5c1e0f,#772d1f,#984229,#a03f2d,#9b3f2c,#933a29,#8d3723,#8a3b1f,#8a351f,#87391d,#8a421f);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #e5b390,#e0ac8e,#d9ad86,#d7a783,#e7b597,#e8bc9d,#f3c2a5,#f4c9ae,#f6cbb0,#fad0b0,#f7cdb1,#f7cbb6,#f8cab1,#f5cab1,#f2c7b2,#f4c5ab,#eab29b,#d27762,#ce7154,#c46753,#bf614a,#b86041,#b45b3a,#ad5235,#a7502e,#a64d2c,#a04a2e,#9c4c2e,#913e24,#61260c,#873820,#9d4029,#9d3e2b,#943f28,#8d381f,#84351f,#853417,#873a1b,#893c1c,#8a431c);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #e4ac94,#e4ad8b,#dcab86,#d8ae83,#e6b69b,#ecbf9f,#f3bea3,#f9cab1,#f6c9b3,#f7c8b1,#f8ceae,#f2c8b6,#f3cdb4,#f5c7ae,#f4c6ae,#f7c3af,#edbca1,#d07969,#ca6a51,#bf6548,#bd6044,#b25c41,#b05338,#a94c36,#a24c34,#a64b2d,#a04a2b,#a04b28,#8d4122,#722712,#974025,#984128,#953f26,#923c25,#8e3922,#87371d,#81371c,#85381a,#873b19,#884722);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #e6b095,#e2b28f,#e3a683,#dba98b,#e4b499,#edba9c,#f2c0a7,#f9c8b1,#f5c9b3,#f6ccb0,#f9c7ae,#f3cdb6,#f8c7b4,#f6c7b2,#f1c3af,#f5c4a9,#f2c0a7,#d08a6f,#c16b51,#bf6546,#b86041,#b3553e,#a8503c,#a34d35,#a44c32,#9f4830,#9c492a,#9a4724,#8d3b22,#7c301d,#9b3f2e,#963a25,#923c24,#893920,#893320,#88371e,#82331d,#843718,#883b1c,#894821);'></td></tr>
    <tr><td
     #e4b190,#dbae8c,#dbab85,#deaa87,#e5b397,#e7bc9b,#ecc1a4,#f7cab1,#f4cbb1,#f6ccaf,#f2ccae,#f6c7b2,#f7c6b1,#f2c4b0,#f4c2b0,#f0c7aa,#f1bfa7,#d6a089,#bb6d52,#b96247,#b05841,#a8543e,#a74d37,#a34c36,#a3452f,#9e432d,#9c432b,#974523,#88381e,#85301c,#943c2c,#903b27,#8d3a1f,#883819,#86331e,#89341c,#84371b,#823a1d,#89431b,#874521);'></td></tr>
    </table>

• @hardwaregeek said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

@hardwaregeek Of course, once you're on LinkedIn, you'll be incessantly spammed by recruiters who have (obviously) never read your profile.

Indeed. Since I have, at one time or another, posted my resume/profile to a number of job search websites, I can't be sure which profile they're failing to read. However, regardless of which site he is using, there is one particular recruiter to whom I would like to send something like the following, with a copy to his manager (but :kneeling_warthog:):

Dear Mr. Whatever:

I normally like to maintain good relationships with recruiters, as there is no way to guess who may connect me with my next job. However, you have repeatedly sent me job descriptions that are not in any way relevant to my previous experience, thus demonstrating that you have either not read my resume or are incapable of understanding what you read. Even if you were to send me something relevant, I do not trust that you are competent to present me to the hiring manager in a way that has a chance of being successful. Therefore, kindly [description of unnatural acts with cacti, purple dildos, razor blades, diseased animals, and rusty knives omitted for brevity] and do not contact me again.

Have a nice day,
    HardwareGeek

Here's another one from that idiot. I'll even name-and-shame:
    0_1524069971976_50709535-a71f-4058-a8cb-8f43764979a4-image.png
    I don't even know WTF Guidewire is, much less have senior-level knowledge of it. Even naive keyword matching wouldn't account for this; the only words in common with my resume are "and," "senior," "years," "systems," and "level."

• Hmm, not sure there?
    0_1524071208628_9be972b2-1b39-4168-9d27-4a70939916e0-image.png

Hmm, not sure there?
    0_1524071208628_9be972b2-1b39-4168-9d27-4a70939916e0-image.png

Assuming a different font was expected?

On that note, apparently my savings account isn't good enough, even for BoA standards, and I should call in to upgrade!

0_1524072463973_Screenshot_20180418-102734.png

(this actually does appear to be legitimate though)

this actually does appear to be legitimate though

I still wouldn't click any links.

• @dcon Log in (without clicking the email link) and go to the "Message Center" on the BoA website. If the same message is there, it's legit.

• @blakeyrat said in 📧 The Official Spam Emails Thread™:

@dcon Log in (without clicking the email link) and go to the "Message Center" on the BoA website. If the same message is there, it's legit.

It's not. I don't have a BoA account. (even with the really legit ones from my bank, I do exactly that)