Microsoft "Sculpt" Mice

• I bought a lamp on clearance at Walgreens once and it took European-style (bayonet) light bulbs.

• @drurowin said:

What, they don't take regular Edison base light bulbs?

Here in Australia, pretty much everything uses bayonet caps.
    That might not seem quite so weird if it wasn't for the fact that stores seem to stock roughly 50/50 in terms of space for both bayonet caps and edison screw.
    Or they would be if the bayonet caps weren't almost always completely sold out.

• @MiffTheFox said:

it took European-style (bayonet) light bulbs.
    For some value of "Europe". I had never heard of bayonet mount light bulbs, most lamps over here are screw-mounted, with some bi-post/bi-pin.

• @dhromed said:

@joe.edwards said:

Hitler ate sugar.

I closed that tab after reading the first paragraph, and didn't even blink.

...what has become of me

I have thouroughly memorised that and many other pages on tvtropes. I didn't even need to open it and a full tvtropes browsing session flashed before my eyes in the blink of an eye. I have ... transcended the need for tvtropes. I am tvtropes.

• @Mo6eB said:

I have thouroughly memorised that and many other pages on tvtropes. I didn't even need to open it and a full tvtropes browsing session flashed before my eyes in the blink of an eye. I have ... transcended the need for tvtropes. I am tvtropes.

So have you found the first trope? There is one there that says it was the one that started it all...

• Considered Harmful

@Mo6eB said:

I had spent some time internalizing TVTropes as well, and revisited it one day to find that several tropes had been renamed (specifically, I was mentioning to a friend that many tropes seem to be named by A Princess Bride, and when I went to find supporting references, found largely the same content reclassified under new trope-namers).

That's right, just because you knew all the tvtropes, doesn't mean you still know all the tvtropes!

• @blakeyrat said:

Is that made by the same guys who did the [url="http://trashbat.co.ck/t12/index.html"]Wasp T12 Speech Tool[/url]?

Hoot Your Trap Off

• That's because they were taken over by the same kind of fun-loving wiki police who fucked over Wikipedia. You're not allowed to have a clever funny trope name now because "some people might not get the reference! No natter!" "What the fuck is natter?" "Whatever we don't agree with, now fuck off and stop editing!"

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@blakeyrat said:

That's because they were taken over by the same kind of fun-loving wiki police who fucked over Wikipedia. You're not allowed to have a clever funny trope name now because "some people might not get the reference! No natter!" "What the fuck is natter?" "Whatever we don't agree with, now fuck off and stop editing!"

Glad for that. There wasn't nearly enough OCD on TvTropes.

=(

• @blakeyrat said:

That's because they were taken over by the same kind of fun-loving wiki police who fucked over Wikipedia. You're not allowed to have a clever funny trope name now because "some people might not get the reference! No natter!" "What the fuck is natter?" "Whatever we don't agree with, now fuck off and stop editing!"

Yeah... TVTropes is beginning to go full retard.

In the event that a trope has a clever funny name that some people won't get, the obvious solution is to explain the source of the name in the body, so that people DO get it.

In the past,the reason I looked at most tropes was because they had some wacky name in reference to a show I'd never seen, but which piqued my interest. So I click through and find out. More often than not it's pretty interesting, and the strangeness of the name becomes clear from the context of the article.

What the fuck else is TVTropes FOR if not that?

• @blakeyrat said:

Obligatory pitch for the Cyborg RAT series of mouses, the best mouses in the world:

I really liked this mouse while I had it. Very customizable and comfortable, could easily reach the spare buttons. However after a few weeks it would randomly stop tracking vertically. Like I moved the mouse in every conceivable direction but the cursor would only move left and right. Only way to fix it was to unplug-then-replug it. I returned it under warranty and got a Logitech G600. A shame.

• @lettucemode said:

However after a few weeks it would randomly stop tracking vertically. Like I moved the mouse in every conceivable direction but the cursor would only move left and right.

NO THEY ARE FLAWLESS YOU LIE YOU LIEEEEEE

• @blakeyrat said:

Obligatory pitch for the Cyborg RAT series of mouses, the best mouses in the world:

I'd have got one a long time ago if they came in wireless. As it stands, though, a wired mouse is less than useless to me.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@eViLegion said:

Yeah... TVTropes is beginning to go full retard.

In the event that a trope has a clever funny name that some people won't get, the obvious solution is to explain the source of the name in the body, so that people DO get it.

In the past,the reason I looked at most tropes was because they had some wacky name in reference to a show I'd never seen, but which piqued my interest. So I click through and find out. More often than not it's pretty interesting, and the strangeness of the name becomes clear from the context of the article.

For example, I fully expected TVTropes to have a page for "Full Retard", because it's a funny title and would pique one's interest.

Guess what they don't have? Here's a hint: a page for "Full Retard".

Instead they have pages and pages of boring, clinical-sounding pages like "Magically-Different Person". If I wanted a stuffy, academic analysis of an overused idea or concept in an entertainment medium, I'd-- well, I'd fucking kill myself and anyone else within the blast radius, because I have become a humorless asshole who needs to meticulously catalog and define all information on a goddamn humor site where half the humor came from the rampant disorganization and bizzaro structure.

I'm sure they have a trope for that, like Boredom-Induced Genocide.  

• @blakeyrat said:

Are you saying the wiki police eat sugar?

• @Lorne Kates said:

Yeah, it's under "Arrested Development Season 4"..

• @blakeyrat said:

@drurowin said:

@blakeyrat said:

@drurowin said:
    Hell, a certain top-selling AAA video game was written in Java.

Which one?

Minecraft.

Minecraft is a AAA game? Since when? It's a self-published indie.

Lesson learned: when idiots on this forum use terms like "AAA video game" do not assume they know what the fuck they're talking about.

I'm pretty sure duke nukem forever's engine was re-written to work in java-script at some point; it has java in the name and duke at least started life as an AAA game, and imitated one when it was released.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@morbiuswilters said:

@Lorne Kates said:

Yeah, it's under "Arrested Development Season 4"..

Zing!