The Official Status Thread

• LAST STATUS FOR THE DAY:

Tornado templates are fucking unusable garbage.

After an hour wrestling with how to bring all my layouts, templates and partials together in a pod-like structure:

Note the date on that issue.

Yeah... I'm switching to something else. Probably jinja2, but I'm flexible if someone has a better idea.

• Grade A Premium Asshole

Status: Today for lunch I had a corned beef sandwich that used latkes for the "bread".

Very tasty, but I am probably Jewish now.

• @Polygeekery said:

Very tasty, but I am probably Jewish now.

Also diabeetus.

• How about write your own damn code and stop using broken buggy open source libraries?

I see you got in to the booze early tonight.

• No, I just finished bathing my cat and now I'm eating jambalaya.

But now that you mentioned it, I'm gonna grab a Heineken.

@blakeyrat said:

Heineken

Why would you do that to yourself? Do you not want to enjoy your beer?

And who the fuck gives a cat a bath? Do you have a full set of leather armor for this task?

• I like it.

And nah, just an old t-shirt. It was pretty funny this time, Blakeycat managed to sink a claw into the neck of the t-shirt and I couldn't of course dislodge her, so thinking like a MEGA GENIUS I figured I'd just take the shirt off. So I yanked the shirt over my head, and Blakeycat CRAWLED THROUGH IT LIKE A TUNNEL as I was pulling on it and the whole shirt/cat mass ended up at the bottom of the tub all soaked in water. Getting her out of the shirt was about 3 times harder than just dislodging her one paw would have been.

I laughed, though, and that's the important thing.

I have to bathe her because she's a long hair and she's getting up there in years, it gets harder and harder for her to clean herself.

• @blakeyrat said:

I have to bathe her because she's a long hair and she's getting up there in years, it gets harder and harder for her to clean herself because I keep throwing her into the bath.

FTFY

• Status: Started an adventure mode world. I disabled all the civilization types except for humans. Right now, I'm talking to a child in the city's keep.

┌─────────┐                                                          ┌───↑─2───┐
    │+ ***    │                                                          │         │
    │= SW     │                                                          │         │
    │≡ SSE    │                                 `'`'.`,`','.,║           │═════════│
    │≡ SE     │···   `.`,..║  ║..'`~``,,'.,     ,.,,```,',`.'║           │·········│
    │Æ WSW    │····  ,,,,.'║  ║``..,``'`',       ````'',,',.'║           │·········│
    │æ SSW    │····· ,`',..║  ║'.','``',,        ,.,'`∞`.`,`.║           │·········│
    │≡ E      │······,.,''.║  ║.`.,,.,.          .''.'.,`,`.'║           │·········│
    │# E      │· ····,`,..'║  ║,.`.,.`╔══════════╗.'.,,`...,'╚╗          │·········│
    │æ WNW    │·   ··,'`'`,║  ║.```''.║++++¢+++++║,``''O``,,..║          │·········│
    └─────────┘·     ,`...,║  ║.`,,,''║+++1@++U++║'','.'`'``',║          ├───↑─1───┤
    ············     `.`.,'║  ║`.,``'.║╥++Z+++++U║'`''.,.'...`║          │         │
    ············     `'.,.'╔══║∞,`.`,,║++++++++++║`,'``','.',,║          │         │
    ············   ▼+,`,.'`║++║,'```''║++++++++++║'.,',.`,`'╔═╝          │═════════│
    ············   ▼+`'','.║++║,,`.`,.║++++++++++║.`,`'',',,║            │·········│
    ······▼·····▼ ▼▼+.`,`'.╚══║`,,.``.║+U++++++++║,.',..',`,║            │·········│
    ············     ''O,',║  ║'`',`,'║++++++UÜ++║''.,..```'║            │·········│
    ············    ·..''''║  ║''`.'`,║++++++U+++║.`.',.``,`║            │·········│
    ·················'```',║  ║.`,,.,`║++++++++++║'`,,',''.'║            │·········│
    ·················',`.`,║  ║`.`',,`╚══════════╝'.`.'.,.'`║            │·········│
    ·················'''`.,║  ║`..,''`''`∞'`,,`''''','``,.'.║            └─────────┘
    @: You: How are you feeling right now?                                          
    1: Shosá Thadasri, Child: Sometimes I just don't like somebody.                 
    Ngôrdax Tastorzukod                                  Speed 1.000    W: None     
    The Certain Castle                                                  A: None     

┌─────────┐                                                          ┌───↑─2───┐
    │+ ***    │                                                          │         │
    │= SW     │                                                          │         │
    │≡ SSE    │                                 `'`'.`,`','.,║           │═════════│
    │≡ SE     │···   `.`,..║  ║..'`~``,,'.,     ,.,,```,',`.'║           │·········│
    │Æ WSW    │····  ,,,,.'║  ║``..,``'`',       ````'',,',.'║           │·········│
    │æ SSW    │····· ,`',..║  ║'.','``',,        ,.,'`∞`.`,`.║           │·········│
    │≡ E      │······,.,''.║  ║.`.,,.,.          .''.'.,`,`.'║           │·········│
    │# E      │· ····,`,..'║  ║,.`.,.`╔══════════╗.'.,,`...,'╚╗          │·········│
    │æ WNW    │·   ··,'`'`,║  ║.```''.║++++¢+++++║,``''O``,,..║          │·········│
    └─────────┘·     ,`...,║  ║.`,,,''║+++U@++U++║'','.'`'``',║          ├───↑─1───┤
    ············     `.`.,'║  ║`.,``'.║╥++Ü+++++U║'`''.,.'...`║          │         │
    ············     `'.,.'╔══║∞,`.`,,║++++++++++║`,'``','.',,║          │         │
    ············   ▼+,`,.'`║++║,'```''║++++++++++║'.,',.`,`'╔═╝          │═════════│
    ············   ▼+`'','.║++║,,`.`,.║U++Ü++++++║.`,`'',',,║            │·········│
    ······▼·····▼ ▼▼+.`,`'.╚══║`,,.``.║++++++++++║,.',..',`,║            │·········│
    ············     ''O,',║  ║'`',`,'║++++++U+++║''.,..```'║            │·········│
    ············    ·..''''║  ║''`.'`,║++++++U+++║.`.',.``,`║            │·········│
    ·················'```',║  ║.`,,.,`║++++++++++║'`,,',''.'║            │·········│
    ·················',`.`,║  ║`.`',,`╚══════════╝'.`.'.,.'`║            │·········│
    ·················'''`.,║  ║`..,''`''`∞'`,,`''''','``,.'.║            └─────────┘
    @: You: You look like a mighty warrior indeed.                                  
    1: Shosá Thadasri, Child: I'm four!                                             

└─────────┘·     ,`...,║  ║.`,,,''║Ü++"@++U++║'','.'`'``',║          ├───↑─1───┤
    ············     `.`.,'║  ║`.,``'.║╥++X++++++║'`''.,.'...`║          │         │
    ············   ▼+`'','.║++║,,`.`,.║U++++++++U║.`,`'',',,║            │·········│
    ······▼·····▼ ▼▼+.`,`'.╚══║`,,.``.║++++++++++║,.',..',`,║            │·········│
    ············     ''O,',║  ║'`',`,'║++++++U+++║''.,..```'║            │·········│
    @: You: I don't handle pressure well.                                           
    1: Shosá Thadasri, Child: It really gets me down sometimes.                     

@: You: Why are you traveling?
    1: Leteng Ithbituthru, Surgeon: I'm going out for some water.
    @: You: How are you feeling right now?
    1: Leteng Ithbituthru, Surgeon: I've been well.

• Status: getting out of bed at 7:20am while on "holiday" so can visit Bletchley Park.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Polygeekery said:

Why would you do that to yourself?

I was once stuck in a hotel where the choices were Bud, Coors, Heineken and Sam Adams.

Fortunately, the people I was with were great fun.

@Dreikin said:

"And @dkf spoke wrote the word, and saw that it was good.

FTFY. The first spoken words were probably something like “Damn you LLVM, can't you ever give a good error message?!” (Clang does things nicely. LLVM does not.)

• BINNED

@blakeyrat said:

Heineken

:vomit:

• Winner of the 2016 Presidential Election Banned

@dkf said:

Fortunately, the people I was with were great fun.

:giggity:

@Arantor said:

Bletchley Park.

Bletchley Park is good. Went there earlier in the year, although didn't get chance to go to the National Museum of Computing so need to go back.
    Might do Bletchley again considering the entry ticket gets you re-entry for a whole year.

• @blakeyrat said:

How about write your own damn code and stop using broken buggy open source libraries?

How about, I'm not writing my own fucking templating language.

• @samsaffron said:

Welcome!

Try is a sandbox, a safe place to play with Discourse and its features.

This site is reset every day (or even more often). Any accounts or posts you create here will not exist tomorrow!

Sounds cool

@fbmac said:

@samsaffron said:
    Any accounts or posts you create here will not exist tomorrow!

Sounds cool

Sounds like logging bugs on meta.d.

• Java Dev

@Luhmann said:

@blakeyrat said:
    Heineken

:vomit:

There's probably worse beers than Heineken. But there are so many better ones.

• BINNED

@PleegWat said:

There's probably worse beers than Heineken. But there are so many better ones.

Me at the bar:

👦 What kind of beer do you have?
    👧 <local crap>, <local crap>, Heineken, <local bottled piss>, <barely foreign bottled yellow water>, <piss from a tap>
    👦 Yeah... I'll have a Heineken then...

Having a fuddle at work today, and a Christmas film this afternoon.🎄 🎬

Got shitloads left to do on the sprint though, so will probably end up working through it.

• BINNED

@Onyx said:

👧 <local crap>, <local crap>, Heineken, <local bottled piss>, <barely foreign bottled yellow water>, <piss from a tap>

👦 Uh yeah, what else is there?

@DoctorJones said:

Got shitloads left to do on the sprint though, so will probably end up working through it.

:doing_it_wrong:

• BINNED

@Luhmann said:

👧 Regular water and regular piss

• @Onyx said:

@Luhmann said:

👧 Regular water and regular piss

👧 :barrier:
    👦
             👦
                                        👦                                    What kind of beer do you have?
                                                                            👦:barrier:👩

@Luhmann said:

To be honest, "local crap" where you're from is pretty damn awesome.

• BINNED

👦 Where is the nearest bridge?

@DoctorJones said:

Sometimes comes in Jeroboams (3 litre bottles) too.

• BINNED

@DoctorJones said:

To be honest, I was referencing @onyx's local crap.

• BINNED

@Luhmann said:

I was referencing @onyx's local crap

Woah now, no need to go into the TMI territory.

• BINNED

@Onyx said:

TMI territory

you really should look in the bowl after you are done

• BINNED

@loopback0 said:

Jeroboams (3 litre bottles)

in pubs it's generally a normal bottle or draft.

@Luhmann said:

@loopback0 said:
    Jeroboams (3 litre bottles)

in pubs it's generally a normal bottle or draft.

Yeah I know. A normal bottle or a glass is much less interesting than a Jeroboam though.

500 Internal Server Error

• BINNED

<Lee-Yen> also, i'm not up-to-date, CBA ... is our gov offline or what?
    <Onyx47> suspended, I think
    <Lee-Yen> marvelous
    <Onyx47> waiting for someone to move the mouse and allow the upgrade
    <Lee-Yen> maybe they are still sobering up after the elections?
    <Onyx47> nah, they are arguing about who has to pay the bill

Actual: trying to agree on a coalition for two months now because no one has enough votes.

Using 4chan meme images while demonstrating product to the clients over screen share.

They had no idea! MWHAHAHAHAHA!

Just have to be careful with the file picker, as some of those are definitely NSFW.

• kills Dumbledore

Status: handed in my notice today. I start my new job with a quarter of the commute time and a 5K increase in 4 weeks

• @Onyx said:

Me at the bar:

👦 What kind of beer do you have?👧 <local crap>, <local crap>, Heineken, <local bottled piss>, <barely foreign bottled yellow water>, <piss from a tap>👦 Yeah... I'll have a Heineken then...

Me at the bar:

👦 Yeah... I'll have a coke then.
    <sit down>
    👦 I want to go home

• BINNED

@Onyx said:

trying to agree on a coalition for two months

amateurs ... come again if you reach 12 months

• BINNED

@Luhmann said:

amateurs ... come again if you reach 12 months

I wish! Current situation: fuel prices are going down and the temporary government can't hike the prices which they usually do in such situations (we needs the taxes, you see). Cheaper fuel for everyone!

• @cartman82 said:

How about, I'm not writing my own fucking templating language.

You'd probably be done by now if you had.

• Java Dev

@cartman82 said:

👦 Yeah... I'll have a coke then.

👧 Will a pepsi be all right?

Filed under: No

@blakeyrat said:

You'd probably be done by now if you had.

And it would be yet another pile of 💩 to everyone else in the world.

• Maybe, but I have a solution for that too. Don't share your shitty source code with the world.

• BINNED

I just use <?=$customerName?>

🚎

• Status: Trying to catch up on 125 unread posts in the Status Thread. I just gave up and hit End because jellypotato kept making me lose my spot.

• FoxDev

@cartman82 said:

Me at the bar:

👦 What kind of beer do you have?👧 <local crap>, <local crap>, Heineken, <local bottled piss>, <barely foreign bottled yellow water>, <piss from a tap>👦 Yeah... I'll have a coke then.<sit down>👦 I want to go home

Me at the bar:
    👧: I want to go home. In fact why am i even here?!

@blakeyrat said:

Maybe, but I have a solution for that too. Don't share your shitty source code with the world.

Maybe not everything everyone else does is shitty and you should stop projecting your own failures?

• BINNED

@accalia said:

Me at the bar:
    👧: I want to go home. In fact why am i even here?!

Because you're the waitress and that's your job?

🚎