Oblivious Parent

• @boomzilla said:

@Zemm said:
    My "three" is picking him up and putting him into his room and closing the door. He hates that.
    Have your reversed the door knob yet so it locks from the outside? That was the only way to keep my son in his room at that age.
    Isn't that what the linen closet is for?

I find it amusing just how much kids hate sitting still or without stimulation.  If I got put in timeout, I would never come out.  :)

• @boomzilla said:

@serguey123 said:
    @dhromed said:
    @Ben L. said:
    What if I run out of numbers?
    Start with Cantor sets.
    What are talking about?, you can't run out of numbers, unless you mean this ones www.imdb.com/title/tt0433309/ and I think everybody was gratefull for that.
    Sure you can. Just because there are more numbers available somewhere, doesn't mean that I can't run out of numbers. It's like burying dead hookers in your back yard. Sure, there are more places to dig somewhere, but I've just run out of room.
    I think you're missing the real problem here: what happens when you run out of hookers?!

• @dhromed said:

If you ferment them, you can produce some excellent wine.
    You must have some rather interesting tastes in wine, since fermentation in humans create lactic acid not alcohol.

• ♿ (Parody)

@C-Octothorpe said:

I think you're missing the real problem here: what happens when you run out of hookers?!

You may be right. Have we reached Peak Hooker yet? I guess I'll just have to rely on human innovation to come up with new sources or substitutes.

• @boomzilla said:

I guess I'll just have to rely on human innovation to come up with new sources or substitutes.

Already there, in the form of sex dolls, mail order brides and happy hours at a bar near you (I'm excluding the internet because you don't get the same stabby feeling like in real life but I'm looking forward to hooker virtual reality when it gets perfected)

• @Anketam said:

@dhromed said:

You must have some rather interesting tastes in wine, since fermentation in humans create lactic acid not alcohol.

I admit I did not know that but now I do and will use this information wisely.

So yes,  super-depraved humor can indeed be a viable source of learning.

• @dhromed said:

@Anketam said:
    @dhromed said:
     I admit I did not know that but now I do and will use this information wisely.

So yes,  super-depraved humor can indeed be a viable source of learning.

The bigger ooh moment I had about this, was back in high school when it was explain that when you exhaust yourself and your muscles start to get that burning feeling, it is because your muscles are not getting enough oxygen so they are fermenting to create energy, and the result of that fermenting is lactic acid which creates that burning feeling.

• @Anketam said:

The bigger ooh moment I had about this, was back in high school when it was explain that when you exhaust yourself and your muscles start to get that burning feeling, it is because your muscles are not getting enough oxygen so they are fermenting to create energy, and the result of that fermenting is lactic acid which creates that burning feeling.

I'm still waiting for the super-depraved humor in your post that triggered this learning moment

• @serguey123 said:

@Anketam said:
    I'm still waiting for the super-depraved humor in your post that triggered this learning moment
    That would have been the back in high school part.

• @Anketam said:

...was back in high school when it was explain that when you exhaust yourself...

For a second I thought you were talking about flatulence.

• @blakeyrat said:

By the time you get to 6 or 7, he'll be so confused all bad behavior will stop.
    If that doesn't work keep going in hexadecimal. That'll teach the little brat.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Anketam said:

@dhromed said:

Ah, so that's why Chianti tastes so foul... (With no apologies for the time wasting link.)

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@DOA said:

@blakeyrat said:

By the time you get to 6 or 7, he'll be so confused all bad behavior will stop.
    If that doesn't work keep going in hexadecimal. That'll teach the little brat.

Or change to base one, and notice that passers-by show marginal indifference to the fact you're still unable to control your crotchfruit while garnering more information as to your inability to be a parent that the rest of society can respect.

"One,"

"One, One,"

"One, One........ One!"

<non-plussed brat continues annoying said passers-by>

• @Anketam said:

You marinate humans, not ferment them, Gumbo.

@PJH said:

Ah, so that's why Chianti tastes so foul...

That link explains much.

Deffo an acquired taste. Bizarely, it went well with a particularly strange tomato-pasta meal I once had; perhaps it contained a ferrous-neturalising ingredient to clear the aftertaste.

Not an experience I wish to repeat, nonetheless. 

• @PJH said:

Or change to base one,
    "One,"

"One, One,"

"One, One........ One!"

You mean,

"Zero,"

"Zero, Zero,"

"Zero, Zero........ Zero!"

• @dhromed said:

@PJH said:

Or change to base one,
    "One,"

"One, One,"

"One, One........ One!"

You mean,

"Zero,"

"Zero, Zero,"

"Zero, Zero........ Zero!"

I thought the final command that activated the countdown was "Code zero zero zero. Destruct. Zero."

• @dhromed said:

I should try some autorevolvers here. Preferrably with an object that can stand in for an arm. 

Elevator doors vary wildly in safety sensitivity and placement of the break-contact. The doors to my building re-open when you interrupt the contact located just inside the elevator doors, but if you take too long it will start screaming and just repeatedly bash into whatever's blocking the doors.

Good fun if you're trying to move your stuff!

The elevator at my workplace has a bit different strategy. First it tries to close, and jumps open if anything comes between the sensors. It does that a few times, then waits a little while.. And then, slowly, the doors CLOSE. They won't budge, they won't listen, they just slowly crush anything in their path. I tried to put my foot there once when waiting for a colleague and it really hurt. But you know what? I learned my lesson, and when the elevator wants to close, I respectfully oblige.

Elevators: 1 Humans: 0

• @arh said:

they just slowly crush anything in their path.

• @dhromed said:

@arh said:

they just slowly crush anything in their path.

If someday I fall in a compactor room like this, the first thing I'll do is try to shoot the door, without asking the others if they already tried.