Firefox, embedded youtube, and html5

• 🚽 Regular

@rstinejr said:

At the risk of being a pedantic dick-weed: if someone apologizes when no apology is necessary, then he has over-apologized, even it it's only a single occurrence. Perhaps Speakerphone Dude was not offended?

WTF difference does it make if he wasn't offended? Salamander wasn't even engaging in conversation with him before this pointless discussion took place, so his apology, warranted or not, wasn't even directed at speakerphone.

•  The correct conclusion to this "discussion" is that everyone stops caring and starts playing video games or gets back to work.

• @RHuckster said:

@rstinejr said:
    At the risk of being a pedantic dick-weed: if someone apologizes when no apology is necessary, then he has over-apologized, even it it's only a single occurrence. Perhaps Speakerphone Dude was not offended?

WTF difference does it make if he wasn't offended? Salamander wasn't even engaging in conversation with him before this pointless discussion took place, so his apology, warranted or not, wasn't even directed at speakerphone.

If you get naked (except for cow-boy boots and a sombrero) and go for a walk downtown, anybody that crosses your path is entitled to tell you that you should put on more clothes, even if they were not individually targeted by your actions.

Of course if you are a girl this example does not work that well, unless you are ugly and/or have c-section scars and cellulite.

• @Speakerphone Dude said:

@RHuckster said:
    @rstinejr said:

If you get naked (except for cow-boy boots and a sombrero) and go for a walk downtown, anybody that crosses your path is entitled to tell you that you should put on more clothes, even if they were not individually targeted by your actions.

Of course if you are a girl this example does not work that well, unless you are ugly and/or have c-section scars and cellulite.

Good point, because the pretty girl has every right to apologize for walking down the street buckneckéd, even if nobody thought that her nudity was inappropriate. If she feels that an apology is appropriate, then it is, no matter how much everyone likes naked pretty ladies.

I personally think if one htinks one has been a douchebag in retrospect, there are very few better things to apologize for.

• 🚽 Regular

@Speakerphone Dude said:

Apologizing and indecent exposure are equally bad to you, then?

I'm sure you're a scream at parties. Do you also go out of your way to point out whenever people wear white after Labor Day?

• @RHuckster said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

Apologizing and indecent exposure are equally bad to you, then?

I'm sure you're a scream at parties. Do you also go out of your way to point out whenever people wear white after Labor Day?

I'm all about compromise. I usually give people a day or two to adjust, because with the long weekend they may lose track of important stuff. However as a matter of principle if they wear WHITE SHOES then all bets are off. There are limits to poor taste and as a stakeholder in the Social Contract it is my duty to speak out when someone is behaving in such an unacceptable manner. If we keep quiet when people walk around in white shoes after Labor Day, then very quickly chaos will follow. It's like the broken window theory.

First they came with white shoes after Labor Day,
    and I didn't speak out because I don't care about fashion.

Then they came naked to the office,

and I didn't speak out because I have big monitors and I don't see people that much.

Then they came covered in the blood of their first-born,

and I didn't speak out because I don't have children myself.

Then the entire civilization went down in flame

and there was nothing I could do.

• 🚽 Regular

@Speakerphone Dude said:

- Artistic adaptation from First They Came

Very nice instance of Godwin's Law. I salute you.

• @RHuckster said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:
    - Artistic adaptation from First They Came

Very nice instance of Godwin's Law. I salute you.

From the Universal Truth: "a fallacious invoking of Godwin's Law results in the person automatically losing the debate."

• 🚽 Regular

@Speakerphone Dude said:

From the Universal Truth: "a fallacious invoking of Godwin's Law results in the person automatically losing the debate."

Well, it's a small loss for me, then. I've participated in better debates on YouTube. In fact, SpectateSwamp's debate is probably the only one I've participated in that is more inane.

• @RHuckster said:

I've participated in better debates on YouTube. In fact, SpectateSwamp's debate is probably the only one I've participated in that is more inane.
    Oh, its a debate?  Ive been wondering what the hell it was supposed to be.

• It's a bunch of kids poking sticks at the funny-looking guy and laughing.

•  The sticks kinda hurt. :'(

• @dhromed said:

The sticks kinda hurt. :'(

THAT WHAT SHE SAID

@dhromed said:

THAT WHAT SHE SAID

Well stop using sticks then!

• @dhromed said:

They hurt human dignity and everybody posting in that thread should feel ashamed of themselves. That is not a joke, it's seriously disgusting.

• @blakeyrat said:

that thread

Which thread?

• @dhromed said:

@blakeyrat said:
    that thread
    Which thread?
    This one?  @RHuckster said:
    SpectateSwamp's debate is probably the only one I've participated in that is more inane.

• @El_Heffe said:

@dhromed said:
    @blakeyrat said:
    that thread
    Which thread?
    SpectateSwamp's debate is probably the only one I've participated in that is more inane.
    It was asking to be poked.  It just stuck out from all other threads because of its insane size, much like a giant tumor. 

• @El_Heffe said:

ahhh ok.

Also you both should let go of the Ancient World way of spelling, apologize is with Z, not S.

Not according to my spill-knacker, bitch.

@dhromed said:

Well stop using sticks then!

First time I've heard you objecting to wood.

• Swamp Thing!

@RHuckster said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

Well, it's a small loss for me, then. I've participated in better debates on YouTube. In fact, SpectateSwamp's debate is probably the only one I've participated in that is more inane.

You don't understand. Every morning when I go to work and open up my email and see a new post from Swampy, in that thread that just won't die, I know it's going to be a good day. For fun I sometimes read through that thread when I'm bored. We need Swampy.

• @Cassidy said:

Other people's.

• @Gazzonyx said:

Every morning when I go to work and open up my email and see a new post from Swampy, in that thread that just won't die, I know it's going to be a good day. For fun I sometimes read through that thread when I'm bored. We need Swampy.

It's an observable controlled experiment. What in, I'm not entirely sure.

@dhromed said:

@Cassidy said:

Other people's.

Now you're just being choosy.