Yes - I can see your desktop



  • I just got off a phone conference with a client. As part of this he was showing me some files on his computer via Gottomeeting.com that he wants me to implement automatically. During the times when I was considering his requirements and asking questions about what the actual data was, I was treated to seeing this client reading his corporate email - including all about his changing job positions and moving house. Except when his screen saver kicked in and I was treated to seeing his wife and kids and various friends doing whatever.



  •  At least he wasn't browsing porn.  Actually, it's a shame he wasn't browsing porn.



  • @bstorer said:

     At least he wasn't browsing porn.  Actually, it's a shame he wasn't browsing porn.

    Until you discover his taste of porn.



  • That all depends on what "his wife and kids and various friends doing whatever" means.



  • @DCRoss said:

    That all depends on what "his wife and kids and various friends doing whatever" means.
    "Whatever" is the dog's name.



  • Guys!



  • @bstorer said:

    @DCRoss said:

    That all depends on what "his wife and kids and various friends doing whatever" means.
    "Whatever" is the dog's name.

    But his wife was already mentioned...



  • @superjer said:

    Guys!
    Are you chiding us, or did you forget to quote Daid's reply "Until you discover his taste of porn."?



  • @cconroy said:

    @superjer said:

    Guys!
    Are you chiding us, or did you forget to quote Daid's reply "Until you discover his taste of porn."?

    Click the "In reply to" link, or enable the threaded view.



  • @bstorer said:

    @DCRoss said:

    That all depends on what "his wife and kids and various friends doing whatever" means.
    "Whatever" is the dog's name.

     

    That would be fantastic - if you went out on the porch to call him, everyone around would think that you're agressively blase. You could also go with "Help" or "Police" to liven up the neighborhood a bit. And then, of course, this.



  • @PeriSoft said:

    You could also go with "Help" or "Police" to liven up the neighborhood a bit.

    Or "Rape".



  • @bstorer said:

    "Whatever" is the dog's name.

     

     

    And we have today's Winner Of The Interweb!



  • @DCRoss said:

    That all depends on what "his wife and kids and various friends doing whatever" means.
    You beat me to it, but I'll add "changing job positions" .



  • @OzPeter said:

    During the times when I was considering his requirements and asking questions about what the actual data was, I was treated to seeing this client reading his corporate email - including all about his changing job positions and moving house. Except when his screen saver kicked in and I was treated to seeing his wife and kids and various friends doing whatever.
     

    Memories of the training session I was forced to attend in using the new online HR system they brought in. The trainer logged us all in under her profile. I showed her a few examples of why she really didnt want us doing that. She then learnt about the training logins that were taped to each desk in the training room.



  • @PeriSoft said:

     

    That would be fantastic - if you went out on the porch to call him, everyone around would think that you're agressively blase.

    It sounds entertaining, except for the risk of being mistaken for a hipster bent on sharing your ennui with the world.



  • @DaveK said:

    @cconroy said:
    @superjer said:
    Guys!
    Are you chiding us, or did you forget to quote Daid's reply "Until you discover his taste of porn."?
    Click the "In reply to" link, or enable the threaded view.
    No, bad idea.  Fuck you.

    If I have to do that much to figure out what the fuck you're talking about, then I'll just dismiss whatever it is you're saying.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    @DaveK said:

    @cconroy said:
    @superjer said:
    Guys!
    Are you chiding us, or did you forget to quote Daid's reply "Until you discover his taste of porn."?
    Click the "In reply to" link, or enable the threaded view.
    No, bad idea.  Fuck you.

    Well, duh!  That's why I didn't suggest you do it.

    @belgariontheking said:

    If I have to do that much to figure out what the fuck you're talking about, then I'll just dismiss whatever it is you're saying.

    Clicking a link "that much"?  It's not like it even takes a fraction of the time you're spending on reading the posts anyway, most of the effort involved goes into parsing english sentences - aren't you prematurely micro-optimize a very small part of the overall task?  (There, on topic!)  Well, I guess I'm just being silly arguing it.  To each their own; for whatever reason, it's more effort than it's worth for you, which of course I don't dispute. 



  • @DaveK said:

    It's not like it even takes a fraction of the time

    1/999999999999 is a fraction.

     

    Just so you know.



  • @scgtrp said:

    @DaveK said:

    It's not like it even takes a fraction of the time

    1/999999999999 is a fraction.

     

    Just so you know.

    Yep, but it's not an even fraction, it's an odd one!

    runs away



  • @DaveK said:

    Yep, but it's not an even fraction, it's an odd one!

    runs away

    Random tangent: I Googled "odd fraction" to see if I could reply to that with something equally witty without making myself look like an idiot. What I got was the most horrible explanation of even and odd numbers I've ever seen:

    We know that an even number always has a partner - meaning that if you broke the number up into groups of two (partners) each number would have a partner. We know that odd numbers do not have partners.

    People who make up their own terms/explanations for things are TRWTF (well, one of many). Even numbers are evenly divisible by two; they do not have "partners". Arming napalm cannon.

     

    Anyway, it seems they don't exist. So I have no lame mathematical jokes to make. :(

     



  • @scgtrp said:

    @DaveK said:

    Yep, but it's not an even fraction, it's an odd one!

    runs away

    Random tangent: I Googled "odd fraction" to see if I could reply to that with something equally witty without making myself look like an idiot. What I got was the most horrible explanation of even and odd numbers I've ever seen:

    We know that an even number always has a partner - meaning that if you broke the number up into groups of two (partners) each number would have a partner. We know that odd numbers do not have partners.

     
    He makes it sound like a swinger's party what with all those partners breaking up and regrouping.  I think what he's trying to say is that odd numbers are sexual deviants.  An interesting hypothesis, to be sure ...


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.