Nobody shares knowledge better than this

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Maybe I have to start awarding Swamp t-shirts to get the Swampies to make the move.

Is there another way to get the T-Shirt? I'd love scenes such as:
    Stranger: Hey, what's that ugly T-Shirt design about?

Me: Oh, only about the greatest Desktop Search in the world.

Stranger: You're running ads for Google... IRL?

Me: Not Google, Google is a shit indexing Desktop Search, meaning it's slow oh so slow, and only meant for the techies. Spectate Swamp Desktop Search, however, is fast fast, and has way more- hey, where are you going? I haven't told you about the Random Random function yet or about EmDee or single folder gigabyte text file wait!!

<Stranger runs away>

• OverSharing with Swamp Search - Is there such a thing?

@derula said:

@SpectateSwamp said:
    Maybe I have to start awarding Swamp t-shirts to get the Swampies to make the move.
    Is there another way to get the T-Shirt? I'd love scenes such as:
    Stranger: Hey, what's that ugly T-Shirt design about?
    Me: Oh, only about the greatest Desktop Search in the world.
    Stranger: You're running ads for Google... IRL?
    Me: Not Google, Google is a shit indexing Desktop Search, meaning it's slow oh so slow, and only meant for the techies. Spectate Swamp Desktop Search, however, is fast fast, and has way more- hey, where are you going? I haven't told you about the Random Random function yet or about EmDee or single folder gigabyte text file wait!!
    <Stranger runs away>

Ha ha ha. When my head is painted Yellow they run even faster. (Google "yellowhead speaks") for the video link

Did I ever tell you that I have NEVER lost and or destroyed any of my data in all the years of running SSDS (never). Check the open statements and you will see why. None of the other Indexer searches can make that claim. You might have to Hit the old Ctrl/Alt/Del now and again. But fear not. Your notes and files are safe with SSDS. Very safe. Maybe too safe?

With this USB Stick search, you can be sharing data to the point where your poor poor audience doesn't want to know any more and runs away.

• Battling Stupid with Swamp search

@Nyquist said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Hope some of you SpenkSwamp, SpenkSwampDaddy BarionTheKingSwamp and MasterPlanSoftwareSwamp would show up over at channel9 CoffeeHouse. Where I'm battling Stupid.

I think you owe me some more of that coffee, because I just splurted mine on my screen.

Swamp Search needs you too NyquistSwamp. This group knows more about SSDS than anybody on the planet. Forget about the internship at Microsoft and come battle stupid with me.

•  The stupid it burns

• @Nyquist said:

Filed under: Payment Required, lern2learn, コック, SwampSearch use cases, SpectateSwamp's just an idiot.

I ♥ my script. I think this proves its intelligence. Especially コック.

• Battling Stupid with Derula Script

@derula said:

Take you lovely script to Channel9 and battle stupid with me. Prove your script there DerulaSwamp.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

This group knows more about SSDS than anybody on the planet.
    Unfortunately, this is probably true.  Do you really want us to tell those blissfully ignorant C9ers about what we think about SSDS?  Have you not been reading the previous 15 pages?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@derula said:

O.o
    Well O.o to you too DerulaSwamp.

Hope some of you SpenkSwamp, SpenkSwampDaddy BarionTheKingSwamp and MasterPlanSoftwareSwamp would show up over at channel9 CoffeeHouse. Where I'm battling Stupid. They are just resisting the idea that SwampSearch can be this great. Maybe I have to start awarding Swamp t-shirts to get the Swampies to make the move.

But none of us think it is great, this is a failing in your plan. The other thing is we are generally limiting our interaction with you to this one place so we do not appear to associate with you on any other forum.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Did I ever tell you that I have NEVER lost and or destroyed any of my data in all the years of running SSDS (never).
    That has fuck all to do with searching though. That has fuck all to do with SSDS.

@SpectateSwamp said:

None of the other Indexer searches can make that claim.
    That is because this is fuck all to do with searching. Search tools search. Backup tools backup. SSDS annoys and is shit. Every job has a tool.

@SpectateSwamp said:

You might have to Hit the old Ctrl/Alt/Del now and again.
    That a selling point?

@SpectateSwamp said:

Your notes and files are safe with SSDS.
    No they aren't. They are safe because I back them up.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Maybe too safe?
    STFU. Please.

@SpectateSwamp said:

With this USB Stick search,
    STFU. Please.

@SpectateSwamp said:

you can be sharing data to the point where your poor poor audience doesn't want to know any more and runs away.
    Finally something we agree on.

• UnderSharing at Channel9 - Just got banned.

Damn those jokers at channel9 just have no sense of humor. Us Swampies have been banned for 5 FIVE "V" a fist full of years.

There goes my chance at an internship?

Sure hope they would still do the FREE VB5 distribution. We can only wish.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25854404@N05/4358768743/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25854404@N05/4359493044/

Yup and I'll take a lot more still pictures at these council meetings. ie the other tv outfit channel18, the doorway, outside, after forum etc.  Rather than just concentrating on the speaker all the time. Because you have a camcorder don't forget pics. I just about did.

Where ever you are try not to be a distraction. Having the camcorder way up seems to be less of a disturbance.

Wow, SpectateSwamp, that Rastafarian curler chick looks pretty happenin'. Is she single? Do you have any more pictures? You should tell her that if she ever wants to get rattled around proper-like, I'm about 20 hours due south waiting for her.

• @derula said:

@Nyquist said:
    Filed under: Payment Required, lern2learn, コック, SwampSearch use cases, SpectateSwamp's just an idiot.

I'm convinced it has developed sentience.

• Don't take it personal, they just wanted to reign in the chaos and clear out the garbage from the forum.

Maybe time to use SSDS and drop a Flatten'Em Stone on their page?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Damn those jokers at channel9 just have no sense of humor.
    Perhaps it isn't to do with a sense of humour, more to do with the way you conduct yourself.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Us Swampies
    There are no swampies. Only you.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Sure hope they would still do the FREE VB5 distribution. We can only wish.
    Why would anyone wish for a free copy of VB5? If someone wants to get into software development they could get the latest version of VB.Net Express for free and not be using a 12 year old language they will never have any further need for. You just need to recompile SSDS on VB6 and then more people could 'Jam It', shouldn't be hard - after all you said it was very easy to understand and very portable code.

• @spenk said:

@SpectateSwamp said:
    Us Swampies
    There are no swampies. Only you.

I think that was supposed to be majestic plural.

• So envious of you and your codebase
    At Channel 9 they had to ban your face.
    Your software did transcend their stupid heads.
    Now please go back inside and take your meds.

• Channel9's loss. No more SSDS knowledge shared there - ever again.

Their forum software is the pits as well. Allowing anybody to edit their posts long after the fact. I caught them twice either editing or completely deleting their posts. LittleGuru was the worst. I'd like a cage match with him. Being Little and all. Balmer would probably be a better match. He'd stand half a chance.

It's good to see some new blood here. Channel9 had too many 10,000 to 15,000 posters. Very intimidating to the newbies.

• Channel9 is Mad but not mad enough to challenge SSDS

@derula said:

You do have a way with words.

The forum bullies keep the Swampies down. But they are there. They could be everywhere.

• Learn curling from SSDS

@bridget99 said:

Wow, SpectateSwamp, that Rastafarian curler chick looks pretty happenin'. Is she single? .

That reminds me of an old curling story I'll tell you about tomorrow. As I moved down the ice for my final shot(no hammer and last end) the one I called had all the heads in the gallery going like the bobbleheads of today. Probably the greatest curling shot of all time resulted. This was for the aircadet trophy challenge Barhead VS Whitecourt Year 1966

I see where the big time curlers show off their past great shots by laying out the rocks and explaining the details. I will do that for this one.

•  @SpectateSwamp said:

@derula said:

The forum bullies keep the Swampies down. But they are there. They could be everywhere.

@derula - nope, you assume too much from him, he really does think there are other "swampies" out there. I have no idea why, just thinking about the possibility makes me sad on the inside.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

With you as only comparison, one could say the same about a fish. A mute fish.

• BarrHead Kill Shot - Secret Curling knowledge revealed / shared

I'll try my best to keep this short.

We needed to steal with no hammer comming home. The Barrhead skips first rock just nudged a front guard stone over 4" to the left. Making the port I was hoping to come through with my last rock 4 inches TOO small.The crowd (all knowledgeable curling fans) was shaking their heads in unison telling me "NO its too Small". But I wasn't your standard curler. I was a Knee Curler. Releasing the rock while on the knees makes you very stable. Maybe too stable. Anyway it was a 1 in a Hundred shot even for a KC like myself and my trick shot. (BarrHead kill shot). The weight was back house (with intermittent sweeping just for control) using my Beaver Tail Broom. The BTB had a leather strip in the middle. No broom had more boom than my BTB. Being so stable; with the Knee Curler style. I launched myself out of the hack far to the left of where I normally would (3' to the left of center) and redirected the rock in the direction of where the broom was placed by my 3rd. And released the SHOT. I was on my feet and after it to coax it past the first guard by 1/4" ... intermittent sweeping letting it curl a bit so it missed the back guard by another 1/4 inch then sweep like hell as it entered the house. Budging the Barrhead counter to the back of the house. We were laying 3. The game was over. Following my shot was the only option for the BH skip. He wrecked on the guards.

The Canadian Mens curling championship is on TV now. There hasn't been a game that could not have benefited from the use of this SECRET technique. Practice shooting from your knees and swinging waaay out to the side before releasing the rock. Intermittant sweeping works better than "Hard hard" then switching to "OFF" The SHOT was a result of the best curler for the shot (a Knee Curler) and our best sweeper (Me) pulling it off. Practice the BHKS shot. It will make you a better curler.

• You are a true master of surrealism.  You have my admiration and pity.

• Swampie Muted at DaniWebSwamp and DreamInCodeSwamp sites how sad so very sad

@derula said:

With you as only comparison, one could say the same about a fish. A mute fish.
     I should be more "pro-active" "going forward" ^(@+% dumb bloody sayings. Fish probably scream in their own little fishy ways.

My reputation went down and down Until it hit -60 Below and I was froze/LOCKED out of my DreamInCode thread. This one went for 8 pages and 160 replies...

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=150886

Thread CLOSED at my DaniWeb. This was a short thread less than a page.

They resist by plugging their ears and running away. We don't have to worry about any of those MEGA thousand posters venturing over here (to continue the debate) from Channel9 or the other so called techie sites above. Would you think?

I think I can still hear their screams.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

My reputation went down and down Until it hit -60 Below and I was froze/LOCKED out of my DreamInCode thread.

Well, my reputation went up to over 9000, and I was frozen today!

@SpectateSwamp said:

I think I can still hear their screams.

The screams of those mute fish? Okay, you must have a reeeaaaaally acute hearing.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

My reputation went down and down Until it hit -60 Below and I was froze/LOCKED out of my DreamInCode thread. This one went for 8 pages and 160 replies...

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=150886

Thread CLOSED at my DaniWeb. This was a short thread less than a page.

You ever considered the possibility that most of the internet doesn't appreciate you and your spam like threads?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

I'll try my best to keep this short.

We needed to steal with no hammer comming home. The Barrhead skips first rock just nudged a front guard stone over 4" to the left. Making the port I was hoping to come through with my last rock 4 inches TOO small.The crowd (all knowledgeable curling fans) was shaking their heads in unison telling me "NO its too Small". But I wasn't your standard curler. I was a Knee Curler. Releasing the rock while on the knees makes you very stable. Maybe too stable. Anyway it was a 1 in a Hundred shot even for a KC like myself and my trick shot. (BarrHead kill shot). The weight was back house (with intermittent sweeping just for control) using my Beaver Tail Broom. The BTB had a leather strip in the middle. No broom had more boom than my BTB. Being so stable; with the Knee Curler style. I launched myself out of the hack far to the left of where I normally would (3' to the left of center) and redirected the rock in the direction of where the broom was placed by my 3rd. And released the SHOT. I was on my feet and after it to coax it past the first guard by 1/4" ... intermittent sweeping letting it curl a bit so it missed the back guard by another 1/4 inch then sweep like hell as it entered the house. Budging the Barrhead counter to the back of the house. We were laying 3. The game was over. Following my shot was the only option for the BH skip. He wrecked on the guards.

The Canadian Mens curling championship is on TV now. There hasn't been a game that could not have benefited from the use of this SECRET technique. Practice shooting from your knees and swinging waaay out to the side before releasing the rock. Intermittant sweeping works better than "Hard hard" then switching to "OFF" The SHOT was a result of the best curler for the shot (a Knee Curler) and our best sweeper (Me) pulling it off. Practice the BHKS shot. It will make you a better curler.

It's a shame that some local eccentric wasn't there to hold a tripod up in the air and capture it all.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

They resist by plugging their ears and running away.

They resist because you suck.

I'm not kidding.

You suck.

• Swampie invites Bullies over - Just the big big posters. Maybe they are not allowed to come MinhSwamp

@dhromed said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

They resist by plugging their ears and running away.

They resist because you suck.

I'm not kidding.

You suck.

Nope you are wrong again DhromedSwamp

They resist because they don't want the Average Joe looking at this code or using the Swamp search. They know it's the end of the road for them and their Techie deceptions. Oooh this is complex. Not for the uneducated, VB5, spaghetti code my G** bad bad.  Maybe just maybe the AJ's could see what I'm doing and that it isn't Rocket science. The Techies would lose prestige. They aren't soo smart afterall. One little program is all Joe and Jane need for  video, music, audio, pictures and text. Learn Screen Reshoots and that's it. There isn't anything else that the AJ needs. NO video editor, music mixers, photo-album software. Nothing Nada ever again. PERIOD. (Except for NotePad for minor edits). With Swamp search they just don't need techies. It's all far too untechnical for the techies to bamboozle anybody about SSDS. They can't Lord it over Joe and Jane Public anymore. Yet the Techies resist mightily but not mightily enough. The executable and the code are out there. The Swampies are biding their time. The code will pop it's spaghetti like head up here and there forever; so get used of it. Just closing a post or banning the poor poor Swampies won't be an end to this discussion. I challenge any of those big gunners and SSDS detractors from the other %&$^+$ forums to venture here for  a video showdown. Screen re-shoot for screech & re-shout. I'll pick my team from here.

Maybe Slashdot will accept this challenge as well. Probably not?

• SlashDot called out - Rejecting every article submitted !

slashdot challengeSlashDot nerds challenged come on over@bridget99 said:

It's a shame that some local eccentric wasn't there to hold a tripod up in the air and capture it all.
    That is one of my best best video moves (cleavage cam) (Sky Cam) whatever it just works. My monday RDOS meeting will feature it a lot of the above technique. I'll be on the move. I think there is some law against citizen video of these open meetings.

I'm going to be busy. Calling out towns and districts along with all the Nasty techies on the net. I don't think anybody from slashdot will show. Chicken liver SlashDotters what is it now 33 to ZERO I'm not accepting that unaccepting attitude of yours SlashDot. You are not news for nerds you are "severly edited news for nerds" Take that.

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

That is one of my best best video moves (cleavage cam)

You know, you look like the type who would do a "down shirt" video... only in your case, you're so stupid, you'd do it by holding a big fucking tripod over your head and not being subtle or secretive about it at all. I'm surprised you haven't been sent to prison for that yet, because after having read your posts all over the Internet, I wouldn't put it past you to do something like that.

@SpectateSwamp said:

My monday RDOS meeting will feature it a lot of the above technique.

What is an RDOS meeting?

@SpectateSwamp said:

Chicken liver SlashDotters what is it now 33 to ZERO I'm not accepting that unaccepting attitude of yours SlashDot. You are not news for nerds you are "severly edited news for nerds" Take that.

Woah, you sure showed them, agitating on Slashdot like that. I'm sure the editors at Slashdot are thinking to themselves, "WTF? Even among the other trolling submissions we get, this is bizarre"

Maybe if you called them Slashdot and not SlashDot they will take you more seriously.

• Nope you are wrong again DhromedSwamp

They resist because they don't want the Average Joe looking at this code or using the Swamp search. They know it's the end of the road for them and their Techie deceptions. Oooh this is complex. Not for the uneducated, VB5, spaghetti code my G** bad bad.  Maybe just maybe the AJ's could see what I'm doing and that it isn't Rocket science. The Techies would lose prestige. They aren't soo smart afterall. One little program is all Joe and Jane need for  video, music, audio, pictures and text. Learn Screen Reshoots and that's it. There isn't anything else that the AJ needs. NO video editor, music mixers, photo-album software. Nothing Nada ever again. PERIOD. (Except for NotePad for minor edits). With Swamp search they just don't need techies. It's all far too untechnical for the techies to bamboozle anybody about SSDS. They can't Lord it over Joe and Jane Public anymore. Yet the Techies resist mightily but not mightily enough. The executable and the code are out there. The Swampies are biding their time. The code will pop it's spaghetti like head up here and there forever; so get used of it. Just closing a post or banning the poor poor Swampies won't be an end to this discussion. I challenge any of those big gunners and SSDS detractors from the other %&$^+$ forums to venture here for  a video showdown. Screen re-shoot for screech & re-shout. I'll pick my team from here.

Maybe Slashdot will accept this challenge as well. Probably not?

In all seriousness, Spectate, you are the only person in the world that even understands how SSDS even works.  I've played with it, and it doesn't do anything at all.  Nobody besides you understands the commands that SSDS requires, and nobody but you wants to paste every email the receive into a text file.  Nobody but you wants to watch a random video from an random start point in the video.  I've read every single post you've ever posted, on Channel9, Daniweb, Videohelp, TheDailyWTF, and others.  Nothing you say makes any sense.  Your posts are good for a laugh, for a while, but then they just get annoying and cause problems.  THAT is why your threads get closed, and why you get banned so often.

• @Sosai X said:

rational discourse

It's an experiment, right?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Nobody but you understands the mess that is the source to SSDS, even you have stopped (or so it would seem) maintaining it. It is so crappy it won't even compile under VB6, that speaks volumes about the quality.

The code isn't so much 'complex' as 'shit' and 'unmaintainable'.

How does SSDS supposedly replace video editors, music mixers, decent media players, decent photo editors, decent photo viewers? I would love to know, I really would.

• It's actually a global conspiracy against the simplicity of SSDS. You see, once the public realizes that the elite technical class has been duping them for all these years, they'll rise up and start a revolution that will forever destroy our deceptive, se

Edit:  aw man, there is a character limit for the title after all.  The preview lies!

• Random Call-Out Generator & Berater option- LingeranceBullie goes into the Large Font / Slooowed print - forum call out pool

Ok you are into the random call-out list. LingeranceBullie. My #1 showdown video will be a random selection of the various Forum Bullies that have Banned and locked threads in the past (and today). Its going to be quite a list. As the slowed print selections are made and videoed I'll berate the selected Bullie to the fullest degree of their crime. I've got quite a bit of dirt on LittleGuruBullie but could use some tips on the other bullies that I will be adding to the list. Thanks in advance. Keep those tips comming in.

LingeranceBullie      1,151 posts     (crime) closed my call out thread          (severity) moderate                     thedailyWTF

RHucksterBullie           72 posts     (crime) the 1st to respond to challenge  (severity) light                            thedailyWTF

LittleGuruBullie       9,341 posts     (crime) Caused multiple posts to end     (severity) extreme                           Channel9

No2PencilBullie     15,694 posts    (crime) Closed my Spaghetti thread       (severity) moderate                    DreamInCode 

There are forums from waaay back. That I want to bad mouth (video forums) (political forums) edit this - don't allow that Bullies all. My first Challenge video for the "Bestest Program on the Planet" (comes out TOMORROW); using the Random Call Out Generator to select Bullies for berating. Maybe even negative ratings 

Somewhere along the line I will show off some of the logic and why certain things work the way they do. The other pretender software promoters won't be able to touch SSDS there either. The Dust; you won't see the competition for the dust.

Possible punishment for the call-outs A couple days of Swamp Shack training and being the Camera tot and getaway driver when needed.

A brave brave volunteer for the RRA video would be deeply appreciated. Random Random Audio can get you into trouble. A few simple instructions is all you need to have it running. Random Random video that I own just doesn't have the same impact as Renegade Random Random Audio. Go Team.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Somewhere along the line I will show off some of the logic and why certain things work the way they do. The other pretender software promoters won't be able to touch SSDS there either. The Dust; you won't see the competition for the dust.
    How about you write useful documentation or update it to run on something more modern instead?

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

My #1 showdown video will be a random selection of the various Forum Bullies that have Banned and locked threads in the past (and today).

You have videos of US? Holy crap, you're more creepy than I ever imagined.

@SpectateSwamp said:

As the slowed print selections are made and videoed I'll berate the selected Bullie to the fullest degree of their crime.

I suggest you give these bullies a paddlin

That's a paddlin

@SpectateSwamp said:

I've got quite a bit of dirt on LittleGuruBullie but could use some tips on the other bullies that I will be adding to the list. Thanks in advance. Keep those tips comming in.

You don't listen to our tips on how to improve your code, so why the hell are you asking for tips on how to berate ourselves?

@SpectateSwamp said:

LingeranceBullie      1,151 posts     (crime) closed my call out thread          (severity) moderate                     thedailyWTF

The thread was breaking the rules. Lingerance is a moderator who enforces the rules. Geez, you're so fucking arrogant.

@SpectateSwamp said:

RHucksterBullie           72 posts     (crime) the 1st to respond to challenge  (severity) light                            thedailyWTF

You WANT a challenge, and yet you "punish" those who respond to your challenge... who's the real bully? In reality, you're just a fucking lying coward who tries to convice us you want a challenge, but really don't, and are really bad at faking it.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Possible punishment for the call-outs A couple days of Swamp Shack training and being the Camera tot and getaway driver when needed.

Sounds like you're going to use SSDS to video us robbing a bank for you. I take it you'll use your medicine stones and mad dancing skillz to drive away the police from arresting you after, through utter stupidity, you upload the videos.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Random Random Audio can get you into trouble.

*gasp* All this time I thought random random was GOOD!

@SpectateSwamp said:

Go Team.

You're about too launch a video that BERATES the team... wtf?

• Few Bullies will answer the call out

Maybe just the 3 of us in this challenge. Your number will be comming up lots.

I got to get back to building my call out list.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Ok you are into the random call-out list. LingeranceBullie. My #1 showdown video will be a random selection of the various Forum Bullies that have Banned and locked threads in the past (and today). Its going to be quite a list. As the slowed print selections are made and videoed I'll berate the selected Bullie to the fullest degree of their crime. I've got quite a bit of dirt on LittleGuruBullie but could use some tips on the other bullies that I will be adding to the list. Thanks in advance. Keep those tips comming in.

LittleGuruBullie       9,341 posts     (crime) Caused multiple posts to end     (severity) extreme                           Channel9

No2PencilBullie     15,694 posts    (crime) Closed my Spaghetti thread       (severity) moderate                    DreamInCode 

There are forums from waaay back. That I want to bad mouth (video forums) (political forums) edit this - don't allow that Bullies all. My first Challenge video for the "Bestest Program on the Planet" (comes out TOMORROW); using the Random Call Out Generator to select Bullies for berating. Maybe even negative ratings 

A brave brave volunteer for the RRA video would be deeply appreciated. Random Random Audio can get you into trouble. A few simple instructions is all you need to have it running. Random Random video that I own just doesn't have the same impact as Renegade Random Random Audio. Go Team.

Something about this made me think of Steve Buscemi putting on lipstick...

• @SpectateSwamp said:

LittleGuruBullie       9,341 posts     (crime) Caused multiple posts to end

FTFY.

• Reasons Why Forum Bullies won't show - Quite a few of them

#1 reason: No2Pencil (of 15 thousand posts) won't come because anybody with 15,000 posts never goes anywhere PERIOD. That's 3 posts a day every day for 15 YEARS.

#2 reason: Some site mods push real hard to get members. The thought of losing just ONE is unacceptable. I'll have to dig up the emails related to this one. It was years back. Some kind of Psychic phenomena site? 

#3 reason: They like the power. There would be none here. Just humiliation and defeat in this great great contest for the Bestest Program on the Planet

#4....

• @SpectateSwamp said:

You keep saying this, but as with everything else you never deliver.

• Random Slowed Print Large Font Call Out generator to be demoed (maybe)

@spenk said:

Still not quite quite sure as to what my #1 video demo will be. I'm hearing more political stuff. I might want to demo a Slowed Print Random B.S. generator. All the weird shit the local govt bodies do; randomly calling them OUT. What about this and how do you figure that? Most most call outs go unheeded.

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

No2Pencil (of 15 thousand posts) won't come because anybody with 15,000 posts never goes anywhere PERIOD. That's 3 posts a day every day for 15 YEARS.

Dude, you've been posting 3 posts a day for the past two months. Posts take about 2 minutes to make, so even if anyone was making 20 posts a day, that's only 40 minutes.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Some site mods push real hard to get members. The thought of losing just ONE is unacceptable. I'll have to dig up the emails related to this one. It was years back. Some kind of Psychic phenomena site? 

I'm so confused as to how this is a "reason" a bullie won't show... and hell, what do you mean by a bullie showing? Showing where? Do you mean they are showing up? Or showing an object? Flashing the forum?

@SpectateSwamp said:

They like the power. There would be none here. Just humiliation and defeat in this great great contest for the Bestest Program on the Planet

A while back people did participate in the "contest"... it was YOU who didn't show up.

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

Still not quite quite sure as to what my #1 video demo will be.

But on Friday you said something will be coming out today. I was looking forward to seeing your big challenge video. Now you make me sad.

• Code insight - Why random sometimes does 2 in a row? Feature or Bug

In the source.txt you can find where the logic that causes the Search when running rundom to search 3 lines for character matches. This causes it to find 2 matches; half the time. Is this a feature or a bug. 

Look for this string in source.txt: "below is where to change the 2"

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/source.txt

Quick solution. Put a blank line between each search pair matching set in the incommingfile.txt file.

Quicker solution. Hard code it from TWO to 1. 

simple solution. Set that element up in the control file and allow it to be 1,2,3 or 44 whatever.

Simpler solution. Do nothing.

I was wanting to tell you all about this feature. But wasn't sure where the change needed to be done. What a program when all the details are right there in the comments. This Spaghetti code VB5 everything app is truly the greatest program on the Planet. Bar None and Bar them all from the podium. SSDS for Gold Silver and Bronze Hoo Raaay.

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

This Spaghetti code VB5 everything app is truly the greatest program on the Planet.

Then prove it. Let's start the challenge.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@spenk said:

Still not quite quite sure as to what my #1 video demo will be. I'm hearing more political stuff. I might want to demo a Slowed Print Random B.S. generator. All the weird shit the local govt bodies do; randomly calling them OUT. What about this and how do you figure that? Most most call outs go unheeded.

How about just showing us how to search for a file based on it's contents? Not asking for much, would just like to see a search tool perform a search. If it can't do that all the RRR, audio, video, scrolling text etc is just there to disguise the fundamental failure of the product to actually perform a search for a file.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

In the source.txt you can find where the logic that causes the Search when running rundom to search 3 lines for character matches. This causes it to find 2 matches; half the time. Is this a feature or a bug. 
    WTF? You wrote it, ou should know if it is a feature or a bug!

@SpectateSwamp said:

Quick solution. Put a blank line between each search pair matching set in the incommingfile.txt file.
    No idea what you are on about.@SpectateSwamp said:
    Quicker solution. Hard code it from TWO to 1. 

simple solution. Set that element up in the control file and allow it to be 1,2,3 or 44 whatever.

Except nobody can recompile your code - that does prevent this being a fix for anyone but you.@SpectateSwamp said:
    I was wanting to tell you all about this feature. But wasn't sure where the change needed to be done.
    How can you not be sure when the code is so straight forward and easy to understand though?@SpectateSwamp said:
    What a program when all the details are right there in the comments.
    What details? This is a random selection of your comments

• 'january 04 2001
    • 'this gets rid of the first one printing hilited
      ' if the previous page had one hilited???
    • '        hi_lites = "NO"     'the only difference between text and photo
    •   'check for imbedded spaces in search strings
    •  '24 December 2004 put the timer in here???
    •   '08 July 2003 what the heck is this for ***vip*** check it out

this isn't a lot to go on, even the informative ones are there to explain labels like

• OpenFile_27000:         'march 20/00
    • line_26080:     '20 july 2002
    • line_26020:     'store new search in search.txt 

Wouldn't it just be easier to call the labels after what they do rather than give them a number that then needs commenting? Even better why not use a named Sub or Function?@SpectateSwamp said:

This Spaghetti code VB5 everything app is truly the greatest program on the Planet. Bar None and Bar them all from the podium. SSDS for Gold Silver and Bronze Hoo Raaay.
    It is far from the best. It is far from even being useful - god knows I have tried to use it and never had anything useful back from it, even you ignored the screen shots I asked you to explain.