Evil Crocs



  • Since morbiuswilters' reply to a post (and it looks like the rest) was deleted I decided to create this thread.

    What the fuck is up with those stupid ass Crocs? Seriously, who the fuck woke up one day and said: "You know, I think that if I put some tupperware on my feet, wrap it with Saran Wrap and punch some holes in it I bet that it would be very comfortable, oh and STYLISH!!!" I just don't get it. They are the ugliest abomination on the face of this planet since some jackass thought to make high-water pants an actual style. I don't want to see your fucking ankles girl, give me the whole leg or tight jeans ffs!

    I just don't understand fashion I guess. Maybe I am getting old *shrug* who knows? What do you all think of these ugly ass shoes?



  • At least they're not Birkenstocks.



  • Yeah, I don't get them either.  Feet have an especially hard time coping with things like fungus so you need matierals that can keep them clean and dry.  Plastic is NOT one of them. 

    BTW, when I saw the topic header I thought this was something about Pearls Before Swine.  Stephan Pastis rocks!



  • @jetcitywoman said:

    when I saw the topic header I thought this was something about Pearls Before Swine.
     

    Me too.  Me and my Rat mug were ready to jump into the conversation.



  •  I don't understand them either. When i was a kid on vacation i had to wear those stupid plastic shoes, and now all of a sudden their fashion?



  • My kids (6+9yo) love them. Maybe it's just because they are so easy to put on and off, compared to real shoes.



  •  Ah, high-water pants... how they made me laugh once. When they first came out I felt the overwhelming urge to ask people how the fishing went. Especially the ones wearing flip-flops. On the other hand of course I remember when mobiles first started circulating and it was mostly well-off people that had them. For a while everytime a friend's phone rang we'd tell him to buy/sell stocks. If I did that today I'd get odd looks. In any case I've always wondered if it's just me that's so averse to new trends.



  • @ammoQ said:

    My kids (6+9yo) love them. Maybe it's just because they are so easy to put on and off, compared to real shoes.
     

    Yeah, my 4 year old will leave his shoes tied so he doesn't have to attempt to tie them next time he puts them on.  Friggin lazy ass kids these days.  Now they have these Z-Straps for lazy kids who don't want to tie their shoes.  They have velcro being popular now for high school age kids lol. 

     

    shrug  I'm  getting too old. Time to buy some tube socks, bermuda shorts, a hawian shirt, a a stupid straw hat and walk around telling punk kids to turn down their crazy Fucking Crocks music (or w/e lol).



  • @DOA said:

    In any case I've always wondered if it's just me that's so averse to new trends.

    You probably are, but Crocs are just retarded no matter what.  I want to kill everyone involved in bringing this atrocity upon the world. 



  • A friend of mine has a pair that's very much quite unlike those colourful but stylishly very unfortunate objects, and actually look alright.



  •  back in my uni days when i was working as a kitchen hand many of the chefs i worked with wore them because apparently the rubber tends to not slip in grease, on kithcen floors etc. + they are cooler(temperature) than wearing shoe.

    but in the end they are just shoes, there are plenty of stupid looking shoes out here already eg.

    those amish shoes with buckles

    high heels

    cowboy boots

    pointy shoes

    high tops(when not playing sport)

    i guess it's just an opinion thing i personally think lots of fashion looks ridiculous but each to their own.



  •  What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing high heels?



  • @amischiefr said:

    What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing high heels?

    He could be a homosexual.  Did you consider that? 



  •  @morbiuswilters said:

    @amischiefr said:

    What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing high heels?

    He could be a homosexual.  Did you consider that? 

    Yeah, but even gay guys understand the importance of women wearing heels.  I mean just look at the fashion industry, its chalked full of homos giving advice for what women should wear and fashion shows. Most women that I have seen in shows are wearing heels.



  • @amischiefr said:

     @morbiuswilters said:

    @amischiefr said:

    What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing high heels?

    He could be a homosexual.  Did you consider that? 

    Yeah, but even gay guys understand the importance of women wearing heels.  I mean just look at the fashion industry, its chalked full of homos giving advice for what women should wear and fashion shows. Most women that I have seen in shows are wearing heels.

    He could be from another planet where sexual reproduction was long ago abandoned as an inefficient, barbaric practice and all children are birthed by a sentient genetic manufacturing facility known to everyone as "Mama Tess".



  • @amischiefr said:

     What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing high heels?

     

      What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing crocs?

    my point is it's just opinion, i think high heels look stupid, i mean when you think about it they are a pretty dumb design for a shoe.

    i prefer my women is a cool skate shoe or the like but that's just my preference, to be honest when assessing the hotness of a girl her footware does not feature heavily in my decision making process



  •  Accepted Answer:

    @morbiuswilters said:

    He could be from another planet where sexual reproduction was long ago abandoned as an inefficient, barbaric practice and all children are birthed by a sentient genetic manufacturing facility known to everyone as "Mama Tess".

     

     correct, we also got rid of lol-catz and top 10 <insert lame thing here> lists for the same reasons.

    All hail Mama Tess

     

    Edit: Also in my above post it should read "in" instead of "is", missed the edit time



  • @element[0] said:

     

     correct, we also got rid of lol-catz and top 10 <insert lame thing here> lists for the same reasons.

    That reminds me of this list I wrote of the Top 10 LOLCATS.  Wanna see it?



  • @element[0] said:

    @amischiefr said:

     What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing high heels?

     

      What on earth could you possibly have against a hot woman with some nice long legs wearing crocs?

    my point is it's just opinion, i think high heels look stupid, i mean when you think about it they are a pretty dumb design for a shoe.

    i prefer my women is a cool skate shoe or the like but that's just my preference, to be honest when assessing the hotness of a girl her footware does not feature heavily in my decision making process

     

     

    A "cool skate shoe?"  Ahhh so you're the Avril Lavigne type... you don't have a dog in this fight skaterboi!@



  • @bstorer said:

    @element[0] said:

     

     correct, we also got rid of lol-catz and top 10 <insert lame thing here> lists for the same reasons.

    That reminds me of this list I wrote of the Top 10 LOLCATS.  Wanna see it?

     

     sweeet dude, post that shit on digg ASAP, i was just going to post my "Stephen Colbert's Top 10 Top 10 Moments" page.


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.