Adobe Flash Memory for the Apple IPhone

• @MasterPlanSoftware said:

@DaveK said:

for people like CNET and Z-D,

Two quality publications.... HAHAHA Yeah I tried to not laugh while saying that. Couldn't do it, sorry. 

Well, it's good to know we agree on at least one thing, but I don't understand why you'd say that didn't make for a WTF. 

@MasterPlanSoftware said:

[quote user="DaveK"]Wow, and there was me thinking how morb's pedo-laming ways were pretty damn tired even on usenet ten years ago.

Morb contributes more to this forum than you ever have or will. Your lame jokes make me dread everytime you post. It is like a train wreck, I know it will be awful, but I just have to look.

[/quote]Heh, the secret of great comedy is timing, and just while you were busy posting that, morb was off posting "That's what she said" in one of the other threads.  I rest my case.

@DaveK said:
    I've been here longer than you

That means a lot.

It means exactly as much as your feeble attempt to pull rank.  That was the point, duh!

@DaveK said:
    your main contribution has been two forty-plus page kook-bashing flame threads

Think what you want, being that you come here and don't actually read ANY threads and never seem to get the point, I don't consider you to be a good judge of what I contribute.

By "don't read", you merely mean "don't accept my interpretation".  I plead guilty to that one.

@DaveK said:
    I do sometimes have more important things to do in my life than spend time posting on the forums.

Then how about you don't run your mouth everytime you come back, when you usually don't understand any of the jokes/sarcasm or other topics here?

Again, you mistake yourself for the entire forum and everything and everyone in it. 

[quote user="DaveK"]You oscillate wildly between po-faced FAQ-thumper and foul-mouthed flame warrior, which is indicative of your tendency to see the joke much better when it's you dishing it out than when it's anyone else.

Right. You got me pegged obviously.

[/quote]Great, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@DaveK said:

A tech analyst who doesn't know the difference between flash and Flash qualifies as a WTF under the "gross incompetence" category.  This guy has been writing for years, for people like CNET and Z-D, it is astonishing that he can make such a fundamental category error.

And you don't think it's possible this was a mistake made later on by an editor who was prepping the article for publishing?

Nope, I don't think it's possible that's how it happened.  That was the main substantial content of the article, not just some throwaway comment in a sidebar. 

@morbiuswilters said:

See, CNN isn't your personal blog because 1) the posts aren't made directly by the authors and 2) people actually read it.

I like the way you employ utterly irrelevant red herrings in debate.

Nah, wait a minute, I'm lying.  I don't admire it at all. 

@morbiuswilters said:

@DaveK said:
    Wow, and there was me thinking how morb's pedo-laming ways were pretty damn tired even on usenet ten years ago.

Wow, you must some kind of wizard, having using the Internet in 1998.

You missed the point:  I've gotten some new material since then.

@morbiuswilters said:

@DaveK said:
    Considering I've been here longer than you...

Oh crap, I didn't notice his account was registered in 2006!  We were such fools to think we could call him an idiot -- no one who has been here for 2 years could possibly be a dipshit!  Woe is us!

You missed the point.  It was MPS who claimed some kind of sense of authority by being a "regular".  Such claims are stupid to make to someone who qualifies just as much as you do.  Duh!

@morbiuswilters said:

[quote user="DaveK"]Taking a few weeks off doesn't make me any less of a "regular" than anyone else, but I do sometimes have more important things to do in my life than spend time posting on the forums.

Hey, I'm not insulting you for not posting more frequently.  In fact, I don't think anyone here thinks you don't post enough.  Besides, we understand that you're only going to post from the public library when you're there for your monthly sink-bath.

[/quote]Hey, you almost made a joke there!  Keep going, you'll get it sooner or later!

[quote user="morbiuswilters"]@DaveK said:

It comes as no surprise to me that you have a hard time detecting humour.

My knee was aching early this morning and now here you are!  I'd say I'm pretty good at detecting impending, humorous situations.

[/quote]If only you could create them too!  But like I said before, you really will need some new material before that happens.

@morbiuswilters said:

[quote user="DaveK"]You oscillate wildly between po-faced FAQ-thumper and foul-mouthed flame warrior, which is indicative of your tendency to see the joke much better when it's you dishing it out than when it's anyone else.

Really, why in the fuck are you still posting here?

[/quote]What, like there's some special reason why you're doing it?  Hah!

@morbiuswilters said:

You threw some tantrum because I "didn't get" the "joke", even though I was the one who posted the actual fucking quote so everyone else could read it.

Oh, don't evade the issue.  I didn't "throw a tantrum", I said the OP was a WTF despite your attitude of pretence to not get it and that your mugging was baseless self-aggrandisement.  Do you remember the words "I figured it was, but there wasn't any hint"?  There was plenty of hint and no need for it for anyone actually in posession of clue one; I don't actually believe you are fatally clueless, therefore I believe you were faking your so-called non-comprehension.  ¿Claro?

@morbiuswilters said:

Thinking back, I don't think I've ever seen anything useful come out of your mouth.  In fact, I bet if we asked anyone who has ever known you they would say you're a dead-weight, worthless sack of shit.

What odds you offering?  I'll clean you out!

• @DaveK said:

Heh, the secret of great comedy is timing, and just while you were busy posting that, morb was off posting "That's what she said" in one of the other threads.

3:21 PM vs 8:13PM... hmmm...

Your concept of timing is way off then. That might explain your lack of humor.

@DaveK said:

By "don't read", you merely mean "don't accept my interpretation".  I plead guilty to that one.

Sure, whatever you need to tell yourself.

@DaveK said:

Again, you mistake yourself for the entire forum and everything and everyone in it. 

I don't mention anything about the entire forum or anyone else. Simple fact is you have an established pattern of this crap.

@DaveK said:

Great, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Hey, I am not the one breaking late into a dead thread to argue something that is trivial at best and just wrong.

It is amazing you cannot let it go. What is your need to attack people like morbius? You don't even HAVE a point that I can distinguish.

• @DaveK said:

You missed the point.  It was MPS who claimed some kind of sense of authority by being a "regular"

Actually no. My comment was directed at the fact that you CONSISTENTLY show up late in the thread and rehash the same crap and make lame jokes. 

This thread was done, mugged, etc. But then big boy DaveK needs to come along and tell everyone how wrong they are. 

@DaveK said:

If only you could create them too!  But like I said before, you really will need some new material before that happens.

Wow, maybe I was wrong, maybe you do have a sense of humor. This is a funny statement. You know why?

I have heard a lot of people tell me "morbius had a great joke in xyz thread" or "Haha, did you see morbius' new post?". All I ever hear from people about your posts are "WTF, he is such an idiot."

@DaveK said:

What, like there's some special reason why you're doing it?  Hah!

Again, people actually like morbius.  I have never heard of anyone who likes you.

@DaveK said:

Ha, yeah this I would like to see.

Heh, DaveK sounds like the black knight in Monty Python's Holy Grail.

• @DaveK said:

I like the way you employ utterly irrelevant red herrings in debate.

Finally, something coming from your mouth that isn't raw sewage!  Thank you!

@DaveK said:

Nah, wait a minute, I'm lying.  I don't admire it at all. 

Oh.  My.  God.  How could you??  You butter me up with a compliment only to tear me down mere seconds later!

Oh, and that extra line-break, that was a stroke of pure genius!

@DaveK said:

You missed the point:  I've gotten some new material since then.

I'm sure you have terabytes of new material from the Internet, all on encrypted drives so the Feds can't pin anything on you.

@DaveK said:

What, like there's some special reason why you're doing it?  Hah!

Because I am awesome and this forum would collapse into mediocrity if it weren't for my endless attempts to beat life into its rotting corpse. 

@DaveK said:

I didn't "throw a tantrum"...

Dude, everything you post is practically a tantrum.  I bet your wife thinks you're a real joy to be around...  "Well, I don't want to take out the trash and you can't make me!!!"

@DaveK said:

...baseless self-aggrandisement.

Nothing that shines light upon my glory can be baseless.

@DaveK said:

Do you remember the words "I figured it was, but there wasn't any hint"?  There was plenty of hint and no need for it for anyone actually in posession of clue one; I don't actually believe you are fatally clueless, therefore I believe you were faking your so-called non-comprehension.

"Non-comprehension"?  I never pretended I didn't get the "joke", I said that all we really got was a link to CNN and a thread title.  I provided the quote for anyone who was actually interested, but I suppose that ruins the hilarity of poring over a tiresome article only to find a rather unamusing mistake buried in it.  Are you one of those people who finds typos in the local newspaper and cuts them out, highlighing the mistake and posting it on your fridge?  You must be a real hoot at parties!  I'm thinking of sending you a copy of the U.S. Tax Code just so you can spend the next decade amusing yourself with it instead of trolling the forums.

Also, I don't really care if it was an editing mistake or a problem of deeper comprehension.  It's not funny.  However, I will continue to insist it is an editing mistake simply because it angers you so much.  I'm hoping you will eventually threaten to hold your breath until I agree with you.  You sit there all day, furiously composing a reply like you think anyone actually gives a shit about what you have to say.  It seems like you are seeking validation, hoping someone will finally take note of your brilliance and save you from the pit of insular despair you have placed your self in.  I suppose if you know you aren't going to have anyone mourn you in death, you figure you might as well make the rest of us mourn your existence.

@DaveK said:

Save your disgusting innuendo for Boy Scout campouts and Church retreats.

• TRWTF is that you can't post an amusing little tidbit like this in the Sidebar without spawning a hate-fest.

The half-mugs were cool, though.

• Yep, this used to be one of the most intelligent, civil forums I'd ever read. Now it's the best of example of why online discussions need a certain amount of moderation. Does anyone else miss the days when the worst we had to tolerate were asuffield's pompous (yet still mostly intelligent) posts?

• @fennec said:

TRWTF is that you can't post an amusing little tidbit like this in the Sidebar without spawning a hate-fest.

The half-mugs were cool, though.

I agree. I thought the thread was doing fine. The mugs were funny, the OP was a bit lame, so other avenues of discussion (such as the mugs) took place. The world was fine.

But then we get 2 trolls who decide to bring the whole thread down.

• :belt_onion:

@bjolling said in Adobe Flash Memory for the Apple IPhone:

Excellent analysis on how Apple and Adobe are working together on bringing flash to the IPhone

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/djf500/200806051525DOWJONESDJONLINE000819_FORTUNE5.htm

FTFM

Filed under: GODDAMNIT @fbmac

• Considered Harmful

.. finds a way.

• Garbage Person

Sheesh, really glad MPS got the boot.

Interesting journalism fail fallowed by a boring flame fest. Thanks for hanging around, @bjolling.

• It almost seems like we had a Big Dog and Me Too situation here. I can't tell whether Morbs or MPS would be the Big Dog.

I also like how some of the replies are completely unrelated to the posts and are in completely unrelated threads, but I've done enough imports to have had to clean up issues like that, and I don't blame certain people for not wanting to clean up threads from a decade ago where most of the posters present have left the forums.

@Groaner said in Adobe Flash Memory for the Apple IPhone:

It almost seems like we had a Big Dog and Me Too situation here. I can't tell whether Morbs or MPS would be the Big Dog.

IIRC @MasterPlanSoftware was the resident bully at the time when @morbiuswilters joined. Morbs first followed MPS around but then quickly turned the tables. It happened quite naturally.

• BINNED

GODDAMNIT, there's a lot of necros recently...
    But I guess @bjolling necro'd it himself so it's fine?

@Cap_n_Steve said in Adobe Flash Memory for the Apple IPhone:

Does anyone else miss the days when the worst we had to tolerate were asuffield's pompous (yet still mostly intelligent) posts?

Hey, I always found asuffield's posts to be insightful. I think Mandatory Fun Day got him to rage-quit.

@topspin said in Adobe Flash Memory for the Apple IPhone:

GODDAMNIT, there's a lot of necros recently...
    But I guess @bjolling necro'd it himself so it's fine?

I'd say yes, it's OK GODDAMNIT

• Notification Spam Recipient

@DaveK1 said in Adobe Flash Memory for the Apple IPhone:

but I do sometimes have more important things to do in my life than spend time posting on the forums.

Tell me more about this mystical state of being...

• Notification Spam Recipient

@DaveK1 said in Adobe Flash Memory for the Apple IPhone:

Right. You got me pegged obviously.

All this talk of pegging makes me wonder how I missed the circlejerk party ten years ago,...