Watching the ending in YouTube

• When I don't want to play a video game to its end, I go and watch the ending on YouTube, because I still want to know how the story turns out. This works flawlessly for any popular game, of course. But there's a few cases where it doesn't work all that well:

• Hollow Knight's story is told in bits and bobs throughout the game, and the ending cinematic is a tiny handful of short vignettes in the places that you're supposed to already be familiar with. I ended up reading some wiki pages that explained the ending (in its various permutations).
    • They Bleed Pixels has such a bare story that the ending hardly matters, but at least you get the "the hero killed the people who tried to summon a demon through her, and escaped" explanation.
    • The Final Station's story, like Hollow Knight, is explained as you go. The final cinematic only makes sense if a) you've watched all the cinematics as you played the game, and b) you put two and two together -- like many indie games, the story is threadbare in places and wants you to figure things out. On the plus side, I found several forums where people were discussing the implications of the story, so it was easy enough to understand.
    • Spirittea is apparently unpopular enough that nobody has recorded the ending. The game is grindy enough that I really don't want to play through three more seasons to get the final items to unlock the grand explanation. I found videos of people recruiting the few spirits I haven't found yet, but that's about it. Even the forum and wiki explanations of it just say "Wonyan remembers what happens," rather than actually spelling it out, because there's not a single person who's seen the ending and wants to spoil it, apparently. We must all suffer if we want to see that ending.

• Notification Spam Recipient

Other games that typically can't be watched for the ending are MMORPGs and other "you never end the game until you stop playing" types.

• @Tsaukpaetra What, you don't even get recordings of the stories' high points? Crushing a boss, freeing the maiden, throwing a really bitchin' party, etc?

• Notification Spam Recipient

@PotatoEngineer said in Watching the ending in YouTube:

@Tsaukpaetra What, you don't even get recordings of the stories' high points? Crushing a boss, freeing the maiden, throwing a really bitchin' party, etc?

Those aren't "the ending". Though I suppose it could be....