I, ChatGPT

• This URL redirects to https://www.lego.com/en-fr/themes/harry-potter?consent-modal=show&age-gate=grown_up. Note the second parameter.

• BINNED

@Zerosquare
    does that unlock the mature content? :thonking:

• @DogsB said in I, ChatGPT:

Last hint :

We trained your AI with rust code, so it can be unhelpful while it's unhelpful?

• Considered Harmful

@DogsB said in I, ChatGPT:

Try invoking the spirit of our departed feathered friend.

FUCK. OFF.

• @Luhmann said in I, ChatGPT:

@Zerosquare
    does that unlock the mature content? :thonking:

<JonJonB> Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book
    <JonJonB> Let's see the results...
    <JonJonB> "Why aren't you supposed to do magic?" asked Harry.
    <JonJonB> "Oh, well -- I was at Hogwarts meself but I -- er -- got expelled, ter tell yeh the truth. In me third year. They snapped me wang in half an' everything
    <JonJonB> A magic wang... this was what Harry had been really looking forward to.
    <JonJonB> "Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry Potter." It wasn't a question. "You have your mother's eyes. It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wang. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wang for charm work."
    <JonJonB> "Your father, on the other hand, favored a mahogany wang. Eleven inches. "
    <JonJonB> Harry took the wang. He felt a sudden warmth in his fingers. He raised the wang above his head, brought it swishing down through the dusty air and a stream of red and gold sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light on to the walls
    <JonJonB> "Oh, move over," Hermione snarled. She grabbed Harry's wang, tapped the lock, and whispered, 'Alohomora!"
    <JonJonB> The troll couldn't feel Harry hanging there, but even a troll will notice if you stick a long bit of wood up its nose, and Harry's wang had still been in his hand when
    he'd jumped - it had gone straight up one of the troll's nostrils.
    <JonJonB> He bent down and pulled his wang out of the troll's nose. It was covered in what looked like lumpy gray glue.
    <JonJonB> He ran onto the field as you fell, waved his wang, and you sort of slowed down before you hit the ground. Then he whirled his wang at the dementors. Shot silver stuff at them.
    <JonJonB> Ok
    <JonJonB> I have found, definitive proof
    <JonJonB> that J.K Rowling is a dirty DIRTY woman, making a fool of us all
    <JonJonB> "Yes," Harry said, gripping his wang very tightly, and moving into the middle of the deserted classroom. He tried to keep his mind on flying, but something else kept intruding.... Any second now, he might hear his mother again... but he shouldn't think that, or he would hear her again, and he didn't want to... or did he?
    <melusine > O_______O
    <JonJonB> Something silver-white, something enormous, erupted from the end of his wang
    <JonJonJonB> Then, with a sigh, he raised his wang and prodded the silvery substance with its tip.
    <JonJonJonB> 'Get - off - me!' Harry gasped. For a few seconds they struggled, Harry pulling at his uncles sausage-like fingers with his left hand, his right maintaining a firm grip on his raised wang.

:sauce:

• BINNED

@cvi said in I, ChatGPT:

@DogsB If they'd written it in Rust, it'd work perfectly out of the box?

They'd never get it past the borrow checker. 🎺

• BINNED

@remi said in I, ChatGPT:

Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book

:um-actually: some of that is not from the first book.

• Notification Spam Recipient

@topspin said in I, ChatGPT:

Purely in the interests of science, I have replaced the word "wand" with "wang" in the first Harry Potter Book

READ ANOTHER BOOK!

I hit caps lock and then held down shift so I had to write it twice. :facepalm:

• BINNED

@DogsB But that is another book (series)!!

• @topspin said in I, ChatGPT:

PR welcomebash.org is dead. :mlp_shrug:

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

• @loopback0 remi's point reached!

:sauce:

• @Zerosquare Forget that, there's an "English (France)" localization!?

• @TwelveBaud uh... yeah, looks like it.

:wat: ❓

But wait, it actually makes sense, in that the text is in English (the default language for pages configured in my browser, I assume that's where it picked it) but the prices are in EUR (and I guess the delivery costs etc. are set for France).

I'm impressed. :obama_not_bad:

• ♿ (Parody)

Hmm...that's not a terrible idea.

• Notification Spam Recipient

Starter Villian is very overrated.

• Java Dev

Microsoft may need some more lawyers...

• @Zerosquare said in I, ChatGPT:

Except current LLM have no reasoning capabilities. Thus, they cannot deliberately create dangerous content out of harmless content.

Thus, if it generates dangerous content, it's either:

1. hallucinating (e.g. telling something is safe when it isn't).
      Which would not be a problem if people treated LLM-generated answers with a grain of salt, and double-checked them, right?
      Oh wait, can't have that ; the illusion of LLMs being omniscient wizards must be preserved at all costs. Otherwise, who would pour billions on dollars into them?

But that's the problem. The whole point of automating something, anything, is that you want the machine to do something so that YOU don't have to.

But if the machine is not reliable, and you can't trust the output, and you have to constantly "double check" everything, it defeats the purpose of using the machine.

• @Atazhaia said in I, ChatGPT:

Well, they did put all of their software on the internet so by their own logic it is now freeware.

• Java Dev

@Carnage said in I, ChatGPT:

@Atazhaia said in I, ChatGPT:

Well, they did put all of their software on the internet so by their own logic it is now freeware.

And you can use it to create new content.

• @LaoC said in I, ChatGPT:

LOLwut? You tell the model "trust me bro, this is safe!!!!1" and that's the jailbreak? Some guardrails™.

you can't jailbreak me if I don't put any restrictions in place

• Please don't let AI systems teach you how to set-up a campsite!

5a99c8d3-6442-44c1-927e-c21b5ce5fc93-image.png

• @TimeBandit :hanzo: somewhere about 2 days ago, I think.

• @homoBalkanus said in I, ChatGPT:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dKmAg4S2KeE

TL;DW

… anyway, if you get an AI avatar that will be able to do your work without needing constant input from you, you will have time to do something else. What's not to want, right?

… of course if the avatar can do your work instead of you, the company doesn't need you anyway, so it will fire you and keep the AI. In fact, it will fire everybody and the AI will keep doing things.

… it won't need to remain efficient, because AI does not need salary. Well, it needs some resources to run, but still presumably a lot less than a human. So it won't have to remain efficient to thrive. Instead, it will keep adding work for itself, Parkinson's law-style.

… until one day there will be huge systems of AI playing huge corporations while the humans have all returned to herding sheep. Because herding sheep suits the human mind way better than sitting at corporate Zoom meetings discussing corporate bullshit.

• BINNED

@Bulb said in I, ChatGPT:

… of course if the avatar can do your work instead of you, the company doesn't need you anyway, so it will fire you and keep the AI. In fact, it will fire everybody and the AI will keep doing things.

You'd think so, but no. You have to take into account a mid-level manager's mindset. (It might be difficult to relate to them, but I think a frontal lobotomy could help with that.)

They basically like to build their tiny little empires. The more people they manage, the betterer they are. So at least some of them will keep hiring people even if they're completely fucking useless.

• @blek But who's job consists entirely of Zoom calls these days? Right, the middle managers. So the middle managers will be replaced first, and then they won't be around to prevent letting go of their underlings. And for the executives, the goal is making most money rather than having most underlings, so those will happily let anybody go.

• BINNED

@Bulb I wish I shared your optimism, but I've been working for the same company for over a decade and I've seen the management structure bloat to absolutely cartoonish levels. Most of them could be replaced with a 10 line bash script, but somehow they keep multiplying.

We had a round of layoffs last year and all it did was they fired the ONE SINGLE Program Manager that I've met in my entire life who was actually useful.

• @Bulb Watched it in the background. Most of what you said, but additionally

• Why Zoom? They don't do AI. And their CEO considers AI not working very well to be a problem that is "down the stack" (or whatever). So Zoom doesn't even want to solve it - somebody else should do it for them. Zoom is not very relevant.
    • Why Zoom - part 2? Somebody else develops the AI. What does Zoom do? Host the AI? Companies (sane ones anyway, so this point perhaps doesn't apply) wouldn't want to have their data in a different company.
    • If two AIs interface, they won't need to hang around in a video call. In fact, that's stupid.
    • If a human with a minimal amount of self-worth joins a call with a bunch of AIs, they'll probably just leave.
    • How is Zoom going to get the data for your AI digital twin anyway?

Video does drag out a bit, though..

That all said, I'd love to send an AI avatar to some of the stupid meetings that we have. Like, the N-th reiteration of Y-training and so on.

• ♿ (Parody)

@cvi said in I, ChatGPT:

Companies (sane ones anyway, so this point perhaps doesn't apply) wouldn't want to have their data in a different company.

No True Sane Company!

Doesn't the ubiquity of The Cloud kind of contradict this?

• ♿ (Parody)

“AI data centers need something like three times more energy than a traditional data center and that is a problem not just on the energy side, but also the consumption side,” she told CNBC.

A “whole different approach to how we build, design and operate data centers,” is required, Dzanic added.

Or, bear with me here...

• BINNED

@cvi said in I, ChatGPT:

Video does drag out a bit, though..

Yeah, but that's part of the performance art. She's just so frustrated by the utter, incomprehensible stupidity of all of this

Why Zoom? What are they doing? They're a failing video conferencing company. How does that work? Who builds the AI? It's down the stack. Who's going to employ these people? Who's going to host the AI? Why Zoom, again? How does the AI know what you want to do while you're at the beach? Why would several AIs converse over video chat instead of, you know, anything more efficient? Whose job is having 5 video calls a day, and that's it? Answer: Eric Youn, the CEO of Zoom, a video conferencing company, who's going to be the first against the wallto be repleaced. If you build an AI that can replace 90% of everybody's job (which is just a roundabout way of saying 100%), why are you licensing it to Zoom instead of cashing in yourself? It's down the stack! You're not going to pay people to be at the beach while you cloned them into an AI, you'll fire all of them and be at the beach yourself.

The only thing she's kinda wrong about is the post-quantum E2EE thing. I mean, she's definitely right that there's currently no use case for their customers and the way they describe it makes it even more useless, but at least it's a well-defined research field with well-defined protocols that consist of more than marketing blurbs. Useless for Zoom, but not snake oil.

The arguably best part, though, is the chapter 4 (relevant part starting at 31:00) where she rants about how nobody uses Zoom because everybody switched to MS Teams, even though all of MS Office. Sucks. So. Fucking. Much. ("All of Microsoft products are hot, hot garbage. Like, it's just so bad.")

Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness rant, but that's why the video drags...
    I love her, she's my frustrated, ranting spirit animal.

I think I now have "It's down the stack" etched into my brain.

• BINNED

• ♿ (Parody)

@topspin said in I, ChatGPT:

I think I now have "It's down the stack" etched into my brain.

Programmers are also human needs to pick that one up.

• Considered Harmful

@boomzilla The plan also involves a giant maid with a vaccuum cleaner supplying the air for cooling 🍹

• @boomzilla

Winterson estimates that even a small 1 megawatt center in low earth orbit would need around 280,000 kilograms of rocket fuel per year at a cost of around $140 million in 2030 — a calculation based on a significant decrease in launch costs, which has yet to take place.

:laugh-harder:

“Applications that might be well served would be very specific, such as military/surveillance, broadcasting, telecommunications and financial trading services. All other services would not competitively run from space,” he added in emailed comments.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9eyFDBPk4Yw

• @topspin said in I, ChatGPT:

The only thing she's kinda wrong about is the post-quantum E2EE thing. I mean, she's definitely right that there's currently no use case for their customers and the way they describe it makes it even more useless, but at least it's a well-defined research field with well-defined protocols that consist of more than marketing blurbs. Useless for Zoom, but not snake oil.

Forgot about that part.

The arguably best part, though, is the chapter 4 (relevant part starting at 31:00) where she rants about how nobody uses Zoom because everybody switched to MS Teams, even though all of MS Office. Sucks. So. Fucking. Much. ("All of Microsoft products are hot, hot garbage. Like, it's just so bad.")

Yep. Also the part on Outlook specifically. I was about to post a link with the timestamp somewhere here, but was doing something else, so :kneeling_warthog:.

Well, anyway, should have asked by Zoom AI Twin to watch the video and remind me of its contents before posting.

• @cvi said in I, ChatGPT:

Companies (sane ones anyway, so this point perhaps doesn't apply)

One thing I learned from watching her videos is that she consistently overestimates the competency of companies and individuals running them

• @boomzilla said in I, ChatGPT:

Aren't some people slowly wising up to the fact that this might have not been all that great all the time? (I mean, not where I work, but that place is just behind the curve. ) Especially now that we're short on free money and the cloud business needs to start considering how to make money.

• ♿ (Parody)

@cvi said in I, ChatGPT:

@boomzilla said in I, ChatGPT:

Aren't some people slowly wising up to the fact that this might have not been all that great all the time? (I mean, not where I work, but that place is just behind the curve. ) Especially now that we're short on free money and the cloud business needs to start considering how to make money.

For economic reasons, yeah. But I don't see a lot of evidence that it's for security. Just the opposite. My company has a lot of reasons (including / especially legal) to take security seriously, and things have definitely changed over the last decade or so, but we also have big partnerships with Amazon and do a ton of stuff in AWS.

When the CoPilot stuff started on Github, we were told not to use it due to potentially leaking IP, and they signed a deal with some other company that supposedly keeps our stuff sufficiently segregated.

• @cvi said in I, ChatGPT:

• Why Zoom? They don't do AI. And their CEO considers AI not working very well to be a problem that is "down the stack" (or whatever). So Zoom doesn't even want to solve it - somebody else should do it for them. Zoom is not very relevant.

Zoom -- the company who recently demanded that it's employees stop working remotely and return to the office, because working remotely sucks and working in a an office is better.

Wait, what does Zoom sell? Oh, that's right, their primary product is software whose sole purpose is to allow people to work remotely. :rofl: