The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread

• I'm surprised I remember this one after so many hours.

I went to some university somewhere in another state. I was either on a book tour (?) or visiting friends, I'm not sure which. I arrived at a dorm there, using a Star Trek transporter. But it had a bug and removed all my clothes and folded them so I had to get dressed in the dorm lobby after I arrived.

I took an elevator to a higher floor in the dorm, and walked into a classroom (in a dorm?). I'm not sure why, but instead of doing lecture, they were all just watching a movie. The classroom had pews instead of chairs, and the TV was to the side, so I was able to lie down on a pew and still see.

I had a glass of vodka with me. After I finished it, the professor/TA/whoever was in charge smelled alcohol and confronted me. I said it had been a long day of travel and I wanted a shot or two to calm down and relax. They tried to get me in trouble with the university and keep me from graduating, but I explained that I wasn't a student. They said I'd never get a degree anywhere because I had a terrible attitude, and I said I already had a degree from another university.

All of this offended them so they immediately called the police and reported that I was a local serial killer on-the-run. This made me mad, but I kept my composure and calmly gave a soliloquy I don't really remember other than I basically called them a complete idiot, then said I was going back down to the lobby to wait for the police to show up so I could explain.

I left the classroom, returned to the elevator, and woke up just as the elevator doors closed.

• @mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I arrived at a dorm there, using a Star Trek transporter. But it had a bug and removed all my clothes and folded them

That could be seen as a feature, not a bug. 😆

• Notification Spam Recipient

@Gribnit said in The Official Status Thread:

@Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Status Thread:

Status: low memory corruption manifested in my dream. Holy shit is that frightening!

Were you the program at the time? That must have been troubling indeed. Else, that would hardly be frightening.

No, actually.

Recovered information seems to indicate I was attempting to join a shared session webcast of some kind, in a classroom scenario. I was using Windows XP (which wasn't the WTF, actually) and attempting to enter in the session code. But, due to Stage corruption, I couldn't do it. The code was approximately eight digits, and what I ended up typing ended up looking like memtest patterns (come to think of it...).

I was in the mall demonstrating an implementation of physical blockchain, and how the computer would use stenography to sign the block while keeping the appearance the same.
    Later on, we started transcribing the blocks into flattened versions, but I was having trouble. The scene morphed into a classroom setting where we were scribing transactions by hand, and I was doing it wrong like using" we" instead of my name. The teacher did not accept my submission, because I submitted it twice (the first time didn't go through either) just modifying the words with a pencil eraser. Frustrating, I saw a nondescript female classmate's work and she taunted me for my messy handwriting.
    She was playing some kind of ninja platformer mostly involving hanging off movable walls. The levels continued to get more ridiculous, going from 8-bit 2d to Nintendo 64 3d to VR 3d, and by that time I was the ninja grabbing on to floating rotating platforms and trick scaling a scaled-up house (not mine, I think the model was loosely based off of grandma's) that made me relatively the size of a Barbie doll. As I progressed the weather went from a chill evening to threatening storm.
    Having come around to the front, all the obstacles had disappeared and I found myself in a cinematic as I slowly grew to normal size and knocked on the door just as it began to rain. An old man greeted me with some words and I entered the house before waking up.

• A dream I had a while ago, sadly I forgot all the details (it was pretty elaborate), but I remember this part: I was in the future. I got into a fight with Rick from Rick and Morty, and he used one of the portal guns to transport me back in time and trap me inside the Simpsons universe. But then as a revenge I used the fact that I was a Simpsons character to influence TV and prevent their show from existing/gaining popularity in the first place.

And I think I've said it before, but my dream-subconscious is literally smarter than me sometimes.

• Considered Harmful

The wife had bought a fresh fish, which was in fact a live fish (not sure of the variety, possibly an orange roughy. rather flat but not a flatfish.), and had transferred it to an aquarium containing another, smaller fish. My initially concern was that the smaller fish would be eaten, but then the ostensibly-for-dinner-fish managed to flop out of the aquarium, turn into a larger, blue fish (possibly a dory?), and get itself airborne through a series of highly muscular bounces. Then it flew at my head and I woke up.

I blame @Tsaukpaetra.

@Gribnit said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I blame @Tsaukpaetra.

I can't seem to remember...

• Considered Harmful

@Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

@Gribnit said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I blame @Tsaukpaetra.

I can't seem to remember...

You can't just leave things anywhere. Be more careful next time.

Fuckin' chastity dream. And that's all I'll say about that.

• Playing soccer, but I'm not actually on the team; I'm more like an equipment manager, or something. Kick the ball sideways through a very small opening into a storage area quite some distance away. Impressive skill; maybe I should be on the team.

This somehow connects to sleeping in someone's basement or garage.

This, in turn, somehow connects to a scene in which someone has designed a new version of a cute, animal-design wheeled vehicle for kids (maybe a pedal car, maybe an electric car; I don't remember if it was clear even during the dream). It's scheduled for public release soon, and some competitors are trying to see it ahead of time and copy the design; the emphasis seems to be on the face of the cute animal. The guy (who, for some reason, I want to call "the professor") is riding/driving it along a road through a forest at night (?) Some people, including me, are trying to help the professor by obstructing the people trying to steal the design. At a fork in the road, we erect a locked temporary fence/gate across the fork the professor took, in the hope that the people will go the other way. Something, perhaps the fact that we're all standing at the gate, guarding it, clues the pursuers into the professor's actual whereabouts, and they catch up with him. I remember someone drawing a sketch of the vehicle's face.

• 🚽 Regular

Hey now, prostitutes aren't sub-human. You should spell his name with a capital.

@Zecc said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Hey now, prostitutes aren't sub-human. You should spell his name with a capital.

What? No! I didn't fuck Chastity Dream! Besides, he's already taken...

• I dreamt that a giant jellyfish that is large enough to cover the Hong Kong Island is floating on the sky.

It's body has changing color like aurora, and I started analyzing it pixel by pixel in attempt to find out the pattern of the color changing.

When I woke up this morning I'm so mentally tired that I fall asleep again.

@cheong said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

so mentally tired

Video analysis ain't cheap!

• Last night, I dreamt that I was watching TV. I haven't watched TV for a long time, so why not?

And then I found the TV programmes are weird. There was cooking show that talking about dishes made with pink cauliflower, and the chef talked a lot about how precious it is and so on. I felt boring so I switched channel.

And then there was entertainment news showing a supposedly famous actress wearing thin clothes doing jump and spin on ice. Since it seems she did not wear a bra, her breast shake violently as she jump. Then a computer animation showing blue feminine figure doing the same is shown, but the way the breast of the figure shakes is so weird that I think her breast suspensory ligament has broken. Then I switched channel again.

On the next channel it was a movie. A 30-ish man with a boy sneaked in a carriage when seems no one paying attention. And then the boy seems a bit surprised to find that his family crest appear through out the inner wall of the carriage.

"Not bad..." I thought, "although it seems a bit slow paced at least it's not something weird, and the shots over prairie and lake is somehow quite enjoyable".

And then the carriage arrived a large house, and it's the whole story is just about boy's uncle taking him out for a walk. How boring....

So I turned off the TV, and woke.

Are you sure you were asleep? I can believe all of that is capable of current.

• @Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I'm sure, because I really have not watched TV for a long time.

Neither have I. Which is why it's so easy to suspend my disbelief. 😉

• Considered Harmful

Neither have I. Which is why it's so easy to suspend my disbelief. 😉

That just sounds like normal TV, guys.

• @Gribnit said in [The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread]

That just sounds like normal TV, guys.

Yup. It's a boring dream. ;)

• I dreamed that the entire planet of Jupiter was encased in a building and brought to Earth so tourists could visit it. The building was spherical (the bottom half was underground so it looked like a dome from the outside) and only a couple hundred yards in diameter, with a street and a colonnaded footpath around it. I was walking around it but never went inside for some reason. I was also concerned about the fuel usage required for cars driving away from the building because I know from my Orbiter/KSP days that it has a massive gravity well, but then I decided that tires on asphalt must somehow be far more efficient than a rocket coasting away on a hyperbolic orbit.

• Weird Dream #2: I was abruptly awoken by a strange man yanking me out of bed and throwing me to the ground. He was a solicitor for some organization I can't remember, and he was either trying to sell something to me or trying to warn me about something, maybe both. He gave me two playing cards, one was the Eight of Diamonds and the other had a message printed on it which I can't recall, and then he left.

I was obviously greatly annoyed. A few minutes later, I heard a bunch of noise upstairs (my bedroom in this dream house was apparently in the basement). I grabbed my gun and went up to find three more solicitors who had broken down my front door and entered. They were completely unconcerned about my handgun. I warned them that they were trespassing and they needed to leave right away, but they told me that there was a new exemption on breaking-and-entering/trespassing laws specifically for solicitors and I had no right to ask them to leave. I holstered my gun and prepared to call the police. One one of them lunged at me. I punched him in the face and he fell unconscious, then told them that they all needed to remain until the police arrived to deal with them all. They continued to angrily insist that I was in the wrong, they had every right to break down my door, and I needed to buy from them.

At that point I woke up, and now, after writing this, I wonder if this had something to do with the stupid advertisements that bypassed uBlock Origin yesterday and showed up in my email inbox webpage, along with the suggestion that I pay my provider $5 a month to not have ads.

• BINNED

@mott555 said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I decided that tires on asphalt must somehow be far more efficient than a rocket coasting away on a hyperbolic orbit.

Well, yeah. You know how space elevators are more efficient than rocket launches?

• I barely remember any details from this one, other than it was just plain weird, and it occurred during a 13-hour coma after being completely exhausted and worn out.

A roommate got upset at me for supposedly loading up a brand-new game called "Portal 2" on his Xbox using my account, which I didn't do. And this game had some bizarre legal overhead that required contracts and lawyers before you could play it, and he was trying to get me to handle all that on my own to make my account legal so he wouldn't get sued into oblivion. I was confused because I never touched his Xbox and Portal 2 is a very old game.

Then he showed me the game, and it was completely unrelated to Valve's Portal franchise. This one was a top-down RPG game where you play as Lando Calrissian, who for some reason has been mistaken as an ancient prophet by a Forerunner installation and it's up to him to defeat/destroy it before it realizes its mistake.

before it realizes its mistake.

Oh, so you would have had plenty of time then...

• I really tried to remember this long enough to post it this morning, but it's now afternoon, and all I can remember is ...

... an air mattress (or something like that) being inflated by a compressor. I guess the compressor is emitting air in strong, rapid puffs, rather than a smooth flow, because the surface of the mattress (or whatever it is) is vibrating violently as it inflates. On the mattress is a 3-ring notebook, vibrating with the mattress. When the mattress reaches full inflation and stops vibrating, I see that there is, somehow clinging to the notebook paper despite being shaken so hard that I couldn't even see it, or at least I couldn't see what it was, a very, very tiny black kitten. (I can only assume it was able to cling to the paper by digging in its tiny, needle-sharp claws, but the claws didn't actually appear in the dream.)

@HardwareGeek you were simulating the big bang?

• @Tsaukpaetra Um, I don't think so.

• BINNED

The laundry room was partially flooded, such that some powerpoints were covered with water. I thought I should get a picture and upload it to the WTDWTF "Nope" thread, so I went to get my phone because that's pretty much all I have in the way of cameras.

For whatever reason there were two identical ones, so I grabbed both and was trying to determine which one was the "real" one. This process mostly involved pressing the power buttons over and over again with nothing happening. Then I noticed that the one in my right hand seemed exclusively dedicated to playing Knee Deep, probably because I'd listened to it recently.

Then, and this is novel, the sheer absurdity of this phone dilemma struck me, I realised I was dreaming, and I did not much at all with the knowledge until I woke up soon after.

Later I had further rather brief dreams (where it's not so much a dream but just a partial state of consciousness) about writing about it on WTDWTF. I'd posted to the wrong thread or something?

WTDWTF is in my dreams. This can't be good sign.

@kazitor said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

This can't be good sign.

Let the fuck flow through you!

• BINNED

@kazitor said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

some powerpoints were covered with water.

519e3e63-89c9-4be3-9a5e-ea1956ed494e-image.png

❓

• A pretty short one.

While I'm unpacking an old tower case desktop PC, the case says it's IBM but the boot screen says it's DELL. :wtf:

@cheong Happens to me all the time. Bonus points for older BIOS splashes!

Ugh. Just dreamed I was back in DSL support. Luckily the customer was fairly understanding, but Holy fuck tools, work damn you!

• I heard my normal phone alarm, woke up and went to turn it off. And it was a few hours before my normal wakeup time and there was no alarm. I actually dreamed an alarm and woke up to it.

• I really should stay out of the 🚎 🔫 threads. Last night I had a dream about misusing a gun in a very disturbing way. (And unrealistic. When I removed the magazine to reload, somehow the spent brass was being retained in the magazine; about 10x the magazine's capacity worth of brass spilled out of it.) Also, to my very great relief, both in the dream and IRL, while reloading, I realized I really didn't want to do what I had been about to do. Nevertheless, it was deeply disturbing to have even thought of it.

• 🚽 Regular

New girl started at work, got to talking with her for a long time, she was very pretty, dark hair, light eyes. She mentioned she was looking a boyfriend and, like an idiot, I just agreed and said I said I could do with a girlfriend too...anyway, right, back to work, lots to do.
    Work had ended and I eventually got back to my desk from the factory, saw a restaurant menu with her name and number on it left there.

Rang and arranged a time, managed to get there eventually, in spite of dream obstacles, and she was actually there. Ordered food and then woke up at that point.

Was quite disappointed I didn't get my steak. Maybe it's a suggestion to meet somebody. Who knows, dreams are weird.

• BINNED

@Cursorkeys
    Or a suggestion the get steak

@Cursorkeys said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Was quite disappointed I didn't get my steak.

You were hangry?

• Considered Harmful

@Cursorkeys said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Was quite disappointed I didn't get my steak.

You were hangry?

Sounds like one possible interpretation.

I dreamt I was back in tier 1 U-verse support. Got a customer I could not find an active account for, not even old DSL. Customer didn't know they were a forced migration. Real account wasn't properly filled out by migration team. Bad bad bad. Had to awaken so I could turn the situation around and fix everything.

Ugh...

• I dreamt about living in a place where all is about performance and efficiency last night. They have only 2 grand directive of law enforcement:

1. If anyone do any action that will harm other's efficiency, they will be arrest and fined/put in to jail, based on sole judgement of court.
    2. If anyone do any action that will harm other's efficiency, but for the sake of efficiency of the organization they're in, they will be exempted provided they only do so for a reasonably short period of time. (again, based on sole judgement of court)

Say, if I place a few cupboard on a street, and do casual parking on a main road, I'll be prosecuted. However, if I'm logistic staffs loading/unloading goods for the building, and do so without being sluggish from other's view, I'll be fine.

And then a more controversial case. Suppose I drive a van and hit somebody, if the victim is on his way to a company or carrying out duty, I'll be in trouble regardless of the role of victim (because the creator of the law is fully aware that a cracked bearing on running machine can also wreak havoc). However if the victim is someone will job going home, the punishing will be much lighter. If that victim has important job, the more important / irreplaceable the victim has, the more severe the punishment would be (harming progress and performance of larger organization). If the victim has no job for more than a month, or has retired, I may just go away without having more trouble than the initial investigation.

As you can see from above, anyone not working for more than a month will kind of lose protection of law (that one month leeway is enforced by employment law, so anyone in the process of changing job would be treated as if they're still employed by previous job, if the timepoint is still under 30 days, this is because moving to another job that makes better utilization of your ability is permitted. Likewise, since vacations are important to restore efficiency of employees, people taking vacations are similarly protected.), so anyone really work hard in order to not getting fired. Since having employees being sluggish at work will harm the performance of the company, the employer can fire anyone at will, and will poor comments on the referral letter, they would have hard time finding a job. Everyone acts as workaholic and work like there is no tomorrow, and some of them even choose to "camp" at the company, and that is allowed by the previous said law. (These people will get OT for those extra time in company, and employers cannot deny that payment)

Back to the point that "anyone not working for more than a month will kind of lose protection of law". Part of this is because the punishment for any action is weighted by the impact of decrease in efficiency by the society. The police determined that it's not efficient to protect people who have no contribution to the city/country because even when they caught someone violating their right, the punishment would be minimal.

What's more, there's some people actively seeking people who are not under protection of law, killing them and grab their possessions. That's because of a court case where the killer successfully escaped the punishment based on the fact that, killing these non-working people will free up resources they're using, causing better efficiency on utilization of resources, hence will cause better efficiency of the society. Although the court will not encourage this, they will not punish them for this either.

However since more and more people are doing so and it causes the police department to spend a lot of time evaluating the background of victims, in the end they appointed a "outlawed land" that everyone without job more than a month would be enforced to move in. Since those people "killing other people without job" are not considered to have a job either, although the laws are not protecting the victims, the victims are allowed to fight back and kill those people without getting into trouble. These makes that place a truly outlawed area.

I thought the society has become pathetic and decided to leave. In order to ensure I can leave safely, I carefully adjusted my work efficiency so I'm barely above the line for being fired, then arrange travel to another country, and planned being illegal resident there. The journey is pretty uneventful.

When I successfully landed that foreign place, I woke.

• @cheong said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

I dreamt about living in a place where all is about performance and efficiency last night. They have only 2 grand directive of law enforcement:

1. If anyone do any action that will harm other's efficiency, they will be arrest and fined/put in to jail, based on sole judgement of court.
    2. If anyone do any action that will harm other's efficiency, but for the sake of efficiency of the organization they're in, they will be exempted provided they only do so for a reasonably short period of time. (again, based on sole judgement of court)

Say, if I place a few cupboard on a street, and do casual parking on a main road, I'll be prosecuted. However, if I'm logistic staffs loading/unloading goods for the building, and do so without being sluggish from other's view, I'll be fine.

And then a more controversial case. Suppose I drive a van and hit somebody, if the victim is on his way to a company or carrying out duty, I'll be in trouble regardless of the role of victim (because the creator of the law is fully aware that a cracked bearing on running machine can also wreak havoc). However if the victim is someone will job going home, the punishing will be much lighter. If that victim has important job, the more important / irreplaceable the victim has, the more severe the punishment would be (harming progress and performance of larger organization). If the victim has no job for more than a month, or has retired, I may just go away without having more trouble than the initial investigation.

As you can see from above, anyone not working for more than a month will kind of lose protection of law (that one month leeway is enforced by employment law, so anyone in the process of changing job would be treated as if they're still employed by previous job, if the timepoint is still under 30 days, this is because moving to another job that makes better utilization of your ability is permitted. Likewise, since vacations are important to restore efficiency of employees, people taking vacations are similarly protected.), so anyone really work hard in order to not getting fired. Since having employees being sluggish at work will harm the performance of the company, the employer can fire anyone at will, and will poor comments on the referral letter, they would have hard time finding a job. Everyone acts as workaholic and work like there is no tomorrow, and some of them even choose to "camp" at the company, and that is allowed by the previous said law. (These people will get OT for those extra time in company, and employers cannot deny that payment)

Back to the point that "anyone not working for more than a month will kind of lose protection of law". Part of this is because the punishment for any action is weighted by the impact of decrease in efficiency by the society. The police determined that it's not efficient to protect people who have no contribution to the city/country because even when they caught someone violating their right, the punishment would be minimal.

What's more, there's some people actively seeking people who are not under protection of law, killing them and grab their possessions. That's because of a court case where the killer successfully escaped the punishment based on the fact that, killing these non-working people will free up resources they're using, causing better efficiency on utilization of resources, hence will cause better efficiency of the society. Although the court will not encourage this, they will not punish them for this either.

However since more and more people are doing so and it causes the police department to spend a lot of time evaluating the background of victims, in the end they appointed a "outlawed land" that everyone without job more than a month would be enforced to move in. Since those people "killing other people without job" are not considered to have a job either, although the laws are not protecting the victims, the victims are allowed to fight back and kill those people without getting into trouble. These makes that place a truly outlawed area.

I thought the society has become pathetic and decided to leave. In order to ensure I can leave safely, I carefully adjusted my work efficiency so I'm barely above the line for being fired, then arrange travel to another country, and planned being illegal resident there. The journey is pretty uneventful.

When I successfully landed that foreign place, I woke.

Hmm. Sounds more like a daydream than an actual dream. These are the kind of thoughts I have when I'm awake, so to speak.

I had a dream recently where someone is knocking balls around a pool table. I'm one of the corners but the balls always bounce around the mouth and then roll away. I woke up thinking. Not this shit again. Quickly followed by What the fuck.

Post apocalyptic. Half of California is now underwater. Arizona was nuked on accident. Took refuge in Nevada, but the farms just aren't working for some reason. Discover I'm reading a book. It's fiction, but accurately reporting this real world. Also, the pages are apparently bioluminescent, I'm reading in the night.
    We're traveling to see some kind of wish-giver. I discover (through reading) about a faction of Changelings that are technologically advanced. We arrive at the wish-giver. It's a small child. There is a long line. It's quite calm all things considered. It's our turn. When I lay my hand on them they smirk up at me and wink, but do not say anything. That is apparently enough for my turn, I depart the platform.
    Soon after the wish-giver is on break. His caretaker leads the way to a small tent. The crowd quietly discusses what they've been told. Water is being rationed out. There is plenty, but the sources are running out, so we're being careful. In passing I overhear someone mention technolings are working on a solution. I turn toward them to ask for more information about their whereabouts but an awoken externally.

• @Tsaukpaetra said in The Official Don't-Interpret-My-Dreams Thread:

Half of California is now underwater.

Yay! No more worries about drought. Even better, the crazies in in SF and Sacramento will be among the first under.

Holy fuck subconscious, tell me how you really feel! ☹
    Apparently my brother can't decide whether he's gay or bi or whatever, wants to run away or suicide of whatever, and a bunch of other indecisive conflict is happening with lots of whatever in between. My apparent response is increasing levels of violence and abuse.

I had to kill the session after half an hour (two hours real-time).

• Let night, I dreamt that I was still 10-ish kind of age, and solving puzzle with my family.

There were 3 1000-pieces puzzles and each of us was solving one. We didn't know how the puzzle looks before finishing them. After finish, my puzzle was a winter themed one, showing circular shaped picture snow covered pier with small hut and a boat on the lake, in white and blueish gray color, surrounded with purple frame. On the picture there was a modified lyrics of Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love", talking about life of fisherman in winter when the lake is frozen and they can't go catching fish, but I cannot remember what the exact lyrics were now.

I admired the finished puzzle for a while, and then woke up.

• I had one of those "return to high school" dreams. I was sitting in math class, but instead of listening to the lecture or whatever, I was doing a word search puzzle I'd printed off. Although the puzzle seemed like a normal sheet of paper, there was a section on the left that somehow updated itself with a current list of found words and a score.

I didn't think much of it, but my math teacher was intrigued. We couldn't see any kind of display or even electronics, but clearly there was an electronic component to it. He borrowed the sheet of paper and eventually made the device crash by hand-writing some PHP code into a blank part of the sheet, and after that, the score no longer updated.

We looked closer and realized the front side of the sheet had what looked like a very thin, very faint matte lamination on it, and decided that must be the electronics layer that watched your pen input and drew into the scores column.

After I woke up, I thought this was a really cool idea, although I have no idea how I'd printed it off on a standard inkjet printer in my dream and I also thought the transparent electronics layer probably wouldn't survive being written on with a ball-point pen.

the transparent electronics layer probably wouldn't survive being written on with a ball-point pen.

You'd be surprised...