Which is the bigger WTF?

• BINNED

Why do I always get my pointer stuck in at least one shot???

• How do you even take screenshots of your cursor?

• BINNED

@ben_lubar said:

How do you even take screenshots of your cursor?

Well, first, it's kind'a like a selfie ya know… You take the camera and point the lens at…

Ooops, sorry. I use lightshot.

• The biggest WTF is definitely cursors in screenshots.

• BINNED

@chubertdev said:

The biggest WTF is definitely cursors in screenshots.

Why wasn't the screenshot pasted to a word or excel file before posting? Also it was cropped! The screenshot guide of doing it wrong demands a full screen capture at any time. Preferably showing of that family photo on your desktop.

• @Luhmann said:

Why wasn't the screenshot pasted to a word or excel file before posting? Also it was cropped! The screenshot guide of doing it wrong demands a full screen capture at any time. Preferably showing of that family photo on your desktop.

+more wooden table

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Luhmann said:

Why wasn't the screenshot pasted to a word or excel file before posting?

Or Powerpoint, as the users here seem to enjoy doing.

EDIT- here being work, not TDWTF.

• @lolwhat said:

Neither Google nor Apple has made security and privacy top priority for any of their products and services. You expect me to trust a "smart home" run by either of them? You're Jerry fucking Seinfeld!

So you intend to be the master of your domain...

• @lolwhat said:

Neither Google nor Apple has made security and privacy top priority for any of their products and services. You expect me to trust a "smart home" run by either of them? You're Jerry fucking Seinfeld!

Heuristic Of The Day(tm): if you're vocally complaining on the Internet about how everybody is out to breach your privacy, how the big companies are in cahoots with the government to steal your private data, or how you don't have Facebook, MySpace or whatever's trendy now because you don't sell your image to corporations, chances are nobody fucking cares.

• @Maciejasjmj said:

How the governments are in cahoots with the big companies to steal your private data

Just as true.

• @Maciejasjmj said:

Heuristic Of The Day(tm): if you're vocally complaining on the Internet about how everybody is out to breach your privacy, how the big companies are in cahoots with the government to steal your private data, or how you don't have Facebook, MySpace or whatever's trendy now because you don't sell your image to corporations, chances are nobody fucking cares.

I thought the fact that nobody cares is the point of his rant (why take the risk if it's not mitigated and no one cares to get it mitigated anytime soon)? Or did I miss something?

• @aliceif said:

Just as true.

Maybe, maybe not. We're all information noise to them anyway.

@redwizard said:

I thought the fact that nobody cares is the point of his rant (why take the risk if it's not mitigated and no one cares to get it mitigated anytime soon)? Or did I miss something?

Nobody cares about whichever compromising photos of your 16-year-old self cosplaying a leek from Leekspin they have on their multi-petabyte servers.

• Given as we've had firmwares for the devices that control the network under 4MB, it seems obscene that a network device would require more. Having stripped Debian down to just under 16MB for an embedded server with some relatively complex requirements (receiving commands by email/text and having a web GUI), I'm still flummoxed. Surely this is just an example of hiring someone with no embedded experience?

• Fake News

@Maciejasjmj said:

Nobody cares about whichever compromising photos of your 16-year-old self cosplaying a leek from Leekspin they have on their multi-petabyte servers.
    Uh huh. By the way, sir, I see that you've been to a cathouse in Vegas several times. Well, sure, the last time was ten years ago, but you were married at the time. You wouldn't want the public to know about this, right - especially your wife and kids? Just consider that, Senator, when that surveillance bill comes up for a vote tomorrow.

• Sure, I'd like to keep it private. And you probably would like to keep private X, Y, Z that's also technically public information.

It's give and take. If you try to be a douche, chances are there's just as much dirt out there on you if you take a moment to look. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house and all that.

• @Matches said:

It's give and take. If you try to be a douche, chances are there's just as much dirt out there on you if you take a moment to look. Don't cast stones if you live in a glass house and all that.

Some people (prosecutors, for ex.) have the equivalent of a slingshot in this analogy...considering the expansiveness of the current statutes, we don't want to hand out ammo if we can avoid it, no?

• I guess that depends on if you're on the side getting the ammo or not.

• @lolwhat said:

Uh huh. By the way, sir, I see that you've been to a cathouse in Vegas several times. Well, sure, the last time was ten years ago, but you were married at the time. You wouldn't want the public to know about this, right - especially your wife and kids? Just consider that, Senator, when that surveillance bill comes up for a vote tomorrow.

Are you a Senator? Is the average Slashdotter getting his panties in a bunch?

Yes. There are people who actually do have secrets which would be potentially interesting to surface. There are also people who argue on the Internet about how Apple, Microsoft and Google are onto them.

The problem is, those two sets are perfectly disjoint. If you're actually afraid of the public finding something out about you, would you scream bloody murder on the internet, or would you keep the low damn profile?

Filed under: besides, i don't feel too sorry about the poor cathouse attendant