Missing The Point Award for 2013

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Buttembly Coder said:

I'm just going to post here for no particular reason.

Can a mod please kill this asshole's sig?

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Buttembly Coder said:

I'm just going to post here for no particular reason.

I just popped on to reply: surely any one of us could include an unbalanced </font> tag; only to find that your comment started a new page and made it a moot point anyway.

Well done, you mitigated the annoyance (for future posts)!

• @Lorne Kates said:

I had to enable sigs and try another browser to see what the hell was happening, (because I uses Stylish to overwrite the font) and I have to admit that my first response was an internal lol.

• @aihtdikh said:

Looks like Buttem or a mod other than myself cleared the sig while I was looking into it.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@dhromed said:

@aihtdikh said:

Looks like Buttem or a mod other than myself cleared the sig while I was looking into it.

It was me. There's a (new?) 256 char limit on sigs and simply removing the comic sans wasn't an option due no the remaining length

• @PJH said:

@dhromed said:

@aihtdikh said:

It was me. There's a (new?) 256 char limit on sigs and simply removing the comic sans wasn't an option due no the remaining length

Is there someone that is not a mod on this forum? I'm starting to feel like a non-Nazi teenager in Berlin circa 1928.

^ yeah that's you mods

•  Ronald is the new Bstorer.

• @dhromed said:

Ronald is the new Bstorer.

• What was the CS hack this time? I missed it.

• @mott555 said:

What was the CS hack this time? I missed it.

"Everything after my post is now comic sans"

• @Ronald said:

@dhromed said:

Ronald is the new Bstorer.

That's exactly what Pesto would post!

• @dhromed said:

@mott555 said:

That's not even a funny hack. I probably would have thought CS/Firefox puked on themselves, not that someone had a sig hack.

• Considered Harmful

@mott555 said:

@dhromed said:

@mott555 said:

That's not even a funny hack. I probably would have thought CS/Firefox puked on themselves, not that someone had a sig hack.

I like Ronald's idea of using a symbol font with this hack.

• I'm pretty sure I could have just thrown a style="display:none" and hidden everything, but that's no fun.

• Considered Harmful

@Buttembly Coder said:

I'm pretty sure I could have just thrown a style="display:none" and hidden everything, but that's no fun.

Yes, that would have been boring.

• @joe.edwards said:

@Buttembly Coder said:
    I'm pretty sure I could have just thrown a style="display:none" and hidden everything, but that's no fun.

Yes, that would have been boring.

I'm not really sure what magical variation of quirks mode would result from an unclosed font tag and CSS3, honestly.

• Also, want to find out if something like this works

Just testing here :D

...Nope, no position:fixed abuse

• If you wanna play around with CS, there's threads for that. Please don't do it in threads with actual content. Either resurrect one of the old threads, or make a new one.

• @blakeyrat said:

If you wanna play around with CS, there's threads for that. Please don't do it in threads with actual content. Either resurrect one of the old threads, or make a new one.

I'm quite content for now, but I'll keep that in mind.

• Considered Harmful

CS seems to strip out the whole style attribute if you use a parenthesis in it, which is ruining my transforms.

• Oh dear what is going to happen to this post.

• @Ben L. said:

Oh dear what is going to happen to this post.

Instantaneous cancer death.

• Considered Harmful

@Ben L. said:

Oh dear what is going to happen to this post.

You are disappoint.

• @dhromed said:

@mott555 said:

Which I never saw because I have my profile set to not display signatures.

• @blakeyrat said:

If you wanna play around with CS, there's threads for that. Please don't do it in threads with actual content..
    Actual content? Here? When did that happen?

• this post is completely lowercase. now you can sound like a 10 year old who just found the shift key without needing to know where the shift key is!

• @Ben L. said:

this post is completely lowercase. now you can sound like a 10 year old who just found the shift key without needing to know where the shift key is!

THIS POST IS COMPLETELY UPPERCASE AND TEXT-TRANSFORM CAPITALIZE DOESN'T DO SHIT! NOW WHAT ABOUT THAT SHIFT KEY!

• @Ronald said:

@Ben L. said:
    this post is completely lowercase. now you can sound like a 10 year old who just found the shift key without needing to know where the shift key is!

THIS POST IS COMPLETELY UPPERCASE AND TEXT-TRANSFORM CAPITALIZE DOESN'T DO SHIT! NOW WHAT ABOUT THAT SHIFT KEY!

Oh, are we doing this again?

What is <font face="astrodings" color="green">Astrodings</font>, anyway?

"Not available on Linux" <font face="webdings" color="orange">apparently</font>. Do I even have <font face="wingdings" color="red">Wingdings</font>...? Nope.

• @aihtdikh said:

@Ronald said:
    @Ben L. said:

"Not available on Linux" <font face="webdings" color="orange">apparently</font>. Do I even have <font face="wingdings" color="red">Wingdings</font>...? Nope.

What is all this talk about astrodings*?

* see, that's why it's better to use branches instead of tags in source control. Tags, like signatures, have no history.

• @Ronald said:

@aihtdikh said:
    @Ronald said:
    @Ben L. said:

* see, that's why it's better to use branches instead of tags in source control. Tags, like signatures, have no history.

Beg pardon, I do normally quote the sig manually if I'm replying directly to it. I got lazy and it was my downfall.
    What VCS do you use, then? I'm used to SVN where (as you may well know) a normal directory copy operation is used to implement both branches and tags, and thus they are technologically identical.

• @aihtdikh said:

@Ronald said:
    @aihtdikh said:
    @Ronald said:
    @Ben L. said:

Beg pardon, I do normally quote the sig manually if I'm replying directly to it. I got lazy and it was my downfall.
    What VCS do you use, then? I'm used to SVN where (as you may well know) a normal directory copy operation is used to implement both branches and tags, and thus they are technologically identical.

In TFS labels have no history. In git tags have no history. In CVS tags have no history. You can get the history of the files that are currently tagged, but that's a different thing.

• @Ben L. said:

now you can sound like a 10 year old who just found the shift key without needing to know where the shift key is!

PPLuS YOU caN USE IT to HiDe MOrse mESSAGes, tHOUGH It's A Bit haRd BecaUSe you have to find a way to encode spaces.

(Typo: WONTFIX)

• @Ronald said:

I think you're confusing it with text-transform:uppercase. Capitalize only does the first letter(s).

• @dhromed said:

@Ronald said:

I think you're confusing it with text-transform:uppercase. Capitalize only does the first letter(s).

The fact that Capitalize only does the first letter and does not handle the situation where the whole word is already in uppercase is a WTF. It's not idempotent at all.

• @Ronald said:

The fact that Capitalize only does the first letter and does not handle the situation where the whole word is already in uppercase is a WTF.

That is a good point.

• @TheCPUWizard said:

If that is the poster I am thinking about, one just sold on e-bay for nearly $100 [USD]

I doubt it. This one was just the Poster World one with Watson's ugly mug on it. Currently about $18. Still won't lose any sleep.