Sony's PSN is basically what you get if you showed a chimp Xbox Live and told him to replicate it in 2 weeks

• @blakeyrat said:

Top 10 reasons El_Heffe picked a font so tiny nobody could possibly read it:

1. He's an asshole

I hate to be the one to tell you this blakeyrat, but that font is not really tiny you are just getting old and thus going blind.  I recommend glasses or some stronger lenses if you already have glasses (or contact lenses). 

• One last update and then I'll let it drop:

Just for shits and giggles I did wait the full 72-hour time period suggested in the original reply and tried making a transaction just now. The result? NP-2244-2. Natch.

• @Ben L. said:

@blakeyrat said:
    Why are you people making really fucking stupid unfunny jokes?
    FTFY batman!

Now THAT is ironic.

• @blakeyrat said:

One last update and then I'll let it drop:

Just for shits and giggles I did wait the full 72-hour time period suggested in the original reply and tried making a transaction just now. The result? NP-2244-2. Natch.

The only logical explanation for the 72-hour wait is that this period is longer than the grace period for disputing the "successful closing" of a support ticket. If I was a helpdesk manager and had to improve my numbers while having to support a piece of shit system, I'd do something like that.

• There are reports on the Playstation Forums (the official ones) (and no I didn't save the link, sorry) that some people called and got the 72 hours advice. When they called back after 72 hours, they got "7 days". One guy said he was afraid to call again because God knows how long they'd ask him to wait then.

I coincidentally wrote an email to one of the Vita game developers (the studio that did Mutant Blobs Attack) about a minor issue with their game. I mentioned in the email that they should hold Sony accountable for the sales they're missing due to this issue. Since users haven't succeeded in getting Sony to admit to the problem, and their own support personnel haven't succeeded in solving it, maybe pressure from a business partner will help. But I doubt it.

Edit: Oh and Mutant Blobs Attack is on Steam, you should totally buy it, it's awesome: http://mutantblobsattack.com/

• @Speakerphone Dude said:

@Ben L. said:
    @blakeyrat said:
    Why are you people making really fucking stupid unfunny jokes?
    FTFY I love superman!

Now THAT is ironic.

Now THAT is ironic.

• @blakeyrat said:

Edit: Oh and Mutant Blobs Attack is on Steam, you should totally buy it, it's awesome: http://mutantblobsattack.com/
    \

THIS REFERENCE

It's good.

• Apparently I'm not a bad enough dude to watch their brand-spanking-new Steam launch trailer :(

Or dudette.

• And... inexplicably, it's fixed.

Why? Well I did install the new firmware. Which might have fixed it. Although it's not listed on the patch notes, natch. Because Sony never admitted the problem existed in the first place.

Or possibly they finally and at long last fixed their goddamned broken-ass billing system.

Or possibly there really was some kind of hold on my account (despite the support rep saying there was not) and it finally cleared.

WHO KNOWS!?

Don't buy Sony products. I've never regretted a purchase more than this one and I own the complete Space: 1999 box set.

• @blakeyrat said:

Don't buy Sony products. I've never regretted a purchase more than this one and I own the complete Space: 1999 box set.
    Now THAT is funny.  I'm going to remember that one.

• @boomzilla said:

@El_Heffe said:
    @blakeyrat said:

Top 10 reasons El_Heffe picked a font so tiny nobody could possibly read it:

1. He's an asshole

It looks perfectly fine on my computer, in both Firefox and Chrome.  I go to great effort to make sure my stupid jokes are readable.  Although, I am using a 27 inch monitor,

In gmail, the pre section was rendered in a smaller font. I suspect this is some sort of gmail styling. But on TDWTF, it was the same size as the rest of the text (just in a fixed font, of course). It's probably because gmail is open source.

I wasn't aware that gmail was open source, but I guess that would explain why it's worse than Community Server.

• @blakeyrat said:

I've never regretted a purchase more than this one and I own the complete Space: 1999 box set.

VHS or DVD? If you have it in Beta it would be even better.

@blakeyrat said:
    I've never regretted a purchase more than this one and I own the complete Space: 1999 box set.

Guys you don't get "humor points" by latching-on to an existing joke like a remora. You have to actually make a new joke. Just FYI because I've been seeing this bullshit a lot on this forum recently.

• @blakeyrat said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:
    @blakeyrat said:

Guys you don't get "humor points" by latching-on to an existing joke like a remora. You have to actually make a new joke. Just FYI because I've been seeing this bullshit a lot on this forum recently.

• @blakeyrat said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:
    @blakeyrat said:

That was neither a joke, a latch-on or a remora (whatever the fuck that is). I used to own the VHS collection and was pretty sure that was vintage cool, until a former colleague of mine told me he had taped the whole series on Betamax - with commercials and all. I never found a Betamax box-set but if I see one on eBay I'll definitely buy it and brag about it to my former colleague.

When I was young every video club had two sections (Betamax and VHS). This video format war that occurred in late 70s and early 80s could never happen today...

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@blakeyrat said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:
    @blakeyrat said:

Sure you do. It's called "playing off of".  As in Speakerphone Dude's Space: 1999 box set was playing off his VHS device.

• There is also the phenomena of "playing along", which I personally enjoy. Given this humor device, one suspends disbelief and enters the imaginary world of the joke as a hypothetical scenario. In this, one interacts with the given scenario and its (il)logic in order to bring about further situations or gags of similar form.

For example, right now I am describing to you in a seemingly serious manner a humor device by "playing along" with Lorne's response of "playing off of". If you were unfamiliar with the device, you may believe that I am, in fact, completely serious right now. Instead, by recognizing the use of this device, you may continue to "play along" with the scenario in attempt to provoke further humor, perhaps by listing yet further well-established methods of "latching-on" to an existing joke for enhancing humor. While one may not find this example particularly amusing in any sort of way, the "playing along" sets up further possible opportunities to "play along".

A great benefit of this device is that, even if one "playing along" does not have the skill of humor, it can be further extended by those who are practiced in the skill. In this manner, a silly circumstance can be expanded into a silly universe of actions, providing readers and participants a fun exercise in imagination.

Unfortunately, this benefit can be counteracted by the assertion of "ownership" of the original joke. For persons who employ ownership of these hypothetical scenario, I can only imagine the bereft void of imagination and a willingness to share that dominates such persons lives.

• Yes yes we've all read Jokes Explained.

The difference is that Lorne's post was funny, and yours is not. Yours is basically a long-winded way of saying, "oh hey I do that because even though it's unfunny and I know it's unfunny someone else might come along later and make it funny I hope? Maybe? Please?" Which is not a compelling argument to me.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@blakeyrat said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:
    @blakeyrat said:

Sure you do. It's called "playing off of".  As in Speakerphone Dude's Space: 1999 box set was playing off his VHS device.

No, it's called being too dense to understand that you've reached the end of the joke.  Once you get to the punchline  ("I've never regretted a purchase more than this one and I own the complete Space: 1999 box set.")  that's it.  The joke is done.  There is nothing more to add.

• @Lorne Kates said:

No it's not. This is a pile-on. It's only funny when we're all high or drunk or tired from a long day but TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.

• @blakeyrat said:

The difference is that Lorne's post was funny, and yours is not. Yours is basically a long-winded way of saying, "oh hey I do that because even though it's unfunny and I know it's unfunny someone else might come along later and make it funny I hope? Maybe? Please?" Which is not a compelling argument to me.

:D yay! you did it! :D

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@dhromed said:

@Lorne Kates said:

No it's not. This is a pile-on. It's only funny when we're all high or drunk or tired from a long day but TODAY IS NOT THAT DAY.

That's what a thermos with "coffee" is for.

BTW: Those air quotes?  They're 40 proof.

• @El_Heffe said:

@Lorne Kates said:

@blakeyrat said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:
    @blakeyrat said:

No, it's called being too dense to understand that you've reached the end of the joke.  Once you get to the punchline  ("I've never regretted a purchase more than this one and I own the complete Space: 1999 box set.")  that's it.  The joke is done.  There is nothing more to add.

Don't let the facts get in the way, but I was not making a joke, as explained in a later post. Unless your point is that as soon as someone makes a mildly funny joke the thread must stop?

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Speakerphone Dude said:

Unless your point is that as soon as someone makes a mildly funny joke the thread must stop?

Actually, yes, that's how forums work. That's why our threads go on endlessly.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

Unless your point is that as soon as someone makes a mildly funny joke the thread must stop?

Actually, yes, that's how forums work. That's why our threads go on endlessly.

Did you hear about the Jewish pedophile? He comes out from behind the bushes and says, "Hey little boy, want to buy some sweets?"

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@Speakerphone Dude said:

Did you hear about the Jewish pedophile? He comes out from behind the bushes and says, "Hey little boy, want to buy some sweets?"

Not cool, man. My grandfather was a shrub.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

Not cool, man. My grandfather was a shrub.

but I was not making a joke
    That's even worse.@Speakerphone Dude said:
    as soon as someone makes a mildly funny joke the thread must stop?
    No, the thread can go on.  The joke should stop once the punchline has been reached, and you should move on to a new one.

• @El_Heffe said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

but I was not making a joke
    That's even worse.

What is even worse is slicing quotes like people used to do on usenet in 1999.

@El_Heffe said:

@Speakerphone Dude said:

as soon as someone makes a mildly funny joke the thread must stop?
    No, the thread can go on.  The joke should stop once the punchline has been reached, and you should move on to a new one.

Here is a new joke then: What is the difference between Batman and a black man? Batman can go into a convenience store without Robin.

• Here's a new joke

get it?

What is the difference between Batman and a black man? Batman can go into a convenience store without Robin.

Joke-technically, that's a really good joke.

• I'm hanging around for the credits.

•  There's bound to be a funny something at the real end.

• @blakeyrat said:

Don't buy Sony products. I've never regretted a purchase more than this one
    Wired just put up an article on their website about how much the Vita sucks.  Too bad they didn't write it sooner.

• Yeah I posted a comment. One of my beefs with it right now is that, for a "portable" gaming system, it doesn't have any goddamned games that are actually portable-- they all require the motion sensor. Which is the first layer of WTF.

Then you pile-on the fact that the Playstation Store will TELL you whether a game CAN use the motion controls, but it doesn't tell you if you HAVE to use the motion controls. Reviewers never mention it either. That's the second layer.

Then for maximum WTF-ocity you get games like Mutant Blobs Attack, or the Vita version of Uncharted, where 99% of the game doesn't require the motion sensor, but there's one tiny bit which does. Mutant Blobs is the worse because you only need the motion sensor in literally on the last level of the game and nowhere else.

So now you have a 3-layer cake of WTF.

• @Some Sony CS Grunt said:

I would like to congratulate you on your Vita!

Whoever wrote that line of the template should be taken out back and shot.  If there's one thing I hate more than fatuous marketing crap, it's illiterate fatuous marketing crap.

• @blakeyrat said:

[quote user="http://mutantblobsattack.com/about/"]In Mutant Blobs Attack the player-Blob grows by eating loose objects in the game environment. Over the course of each level, the player encounters a series of obstacles he must grow large enough to bypass.[/quote]

So, basically, Katamari Damacy, but with less graphical variation in the player-controlled character as it grows, then?