USBee logic analysers/USB oscilloscopes

• @blakeyrat said:

No human being needs more resolution than a, say, 250 pixel slider would give, and you if want you nudge the slider a pixel at a time, you can already do that.

Bonus WTF

• @SEMI-HYBRID code said:

btw, your question seems strange to me as i remember some "java interface sux" threads in here some time ago, where basically everyone agreed that java programs interface is horrible and it's one of the reasons why they don't like to use such software (Eclipse it was, if i remember correctly, and some other examples).

I don't know why it would seem strange that I might have an opinion that differed from others'. However, in this case, I agree that Java UIs are horrible. It's slow, a memory hog, uses non-native controls and the controls they use are hideously ugly. And, yes, I'm aware that native controls are possible, it's just that nobody uses them.

• Speaking of knobs, I like the spinners that Paint Shop Pro uses:

You can either enter the value, scroll your mouse wheel over them, click the up/down arrows, or hold the mouse button over the larger down-arrow to get a slider (which starts centered on the current value, so you just move the mouse to the left or right; there's also a smaller slider directly under the textbox, but that one's harder to target, as it's only 5 pixels high).

• @ender said:

Speaking of knobs, I like the spinners that Paint Shop Pro uses:

You can either enter the value, scroll your mouse wheel over them, click the up/down arrows, or hold the mouse button over the larger down-arrow to get a slider (which starts centered on the current value, so you just move the mouse to the left or right; there's also a smaller slider directly under the textbox, but that one's harder to target, as it's only 5 pixels high).

Agreed.

• Something thatis worth pointing out is that the vaues on the dials aren't in a linear scale so a slider would be inappropriate. I suspect on a real scope you'd click from one to the next, so a Combo box would make sense (especially as computers can probably support all the odd values in between). Dials look nice for that sort of thing, but if you aren't too handy with the mouse, then any form of nudgy graphic becomes nightmarish.