*thinks more*

erm... nevermind.

• @toshir0 said:

@blakeyrat said:
    I'm American, and [...] I don't watch TV

Maybe all hope isn't lost... ^^

thinks more

erm... nevermind.

A Frog with preconceptions? Interesting.

• @derula said:

@toshir0 said:
    @blakeyrat said:

*thinks more*

erm... nevermind.

For sale: Authentic French Army rifle.  Dropped twice, never fired.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@derula said:

@toshir0 said:
    @blakeyrat said:

*thinks more*

erm... nevermind.

Just you wait until Napoleon hears about this mockery!

• @bstorer said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@derula said:

@toshir0 said:
    @blakeyrat said:

thinks more

erm... nevermind.

I don't dare answering cause another dwarf is watching the
    net...

• @morbiuswilters said:

Marvelous. I want it ! Let's make an exchange with this one : Authentic American Army Rifle. Never dropped, covered with blood from nearly every other country. Any civilized man *must* have one !

• @toshir0 said:

@morbiuswilters said:

Marvelous. I want it ! Let's make an exchange with this one : Authentic American Army Rifle. Never dropped, covered with blood from nearly every other country. Any civilized man *must* have one !

Sorry, already have a couple.  Don't be bitter that your country is comprised entirely of cowardly Nazi collaborators and mimes.

• @toshir0 said:

@bstorer said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@derula said:

@toshir0 said:
    @blakeyrat said:

*thinks more*

erm... nevermind.

I don't dare answering cause another dwarf is watching the
    net...

Jesus Christ, you're French and you still believe the myth that Napoleon was short?  His height was slightly above-average for the time, dipshit.

• @bstorer said:

@morbiuswilters said:

@derula said:

@toshir0 said:
    @blakeyrat said:

*thinks more*

erm... nevermind.

Hey, Napoleon is a pretty swell guy.  For one, he got a bunch of French killed.  How can that be bad?  Also, he gave us New Orleans in exchange for America's cutting-edge mime technology and a few pieces of gold we had lying around.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Hey, Napoleon is a pretty swell guy.  For one, he got a bunch of French killed.  How can that be bad?  Also, he gave us New Orleans in exchange for America's cutting-edge meme technology and a few pieces of gold we had lying around.

FTFY

•  @morbiuswilters said:

Don't be bitter that your country is comprised entirely of cowardly Nazi collaborators
    France was torn apart between collaborators and resistants : just like any other country... Are you so naive that you think there wasn't nazis in USA during the war (and still nowadays) ? Check Walt Disney's biography for a good laugh...

@morbiuswilters said:

Maybe if other countries would stop being stupid we would stop killing them.
    It's indeed stupid to live in peace when there is oil underground for americans to feed their cars...

• By the way, and before someone attacks on this side : I won't make myself the advocate of France. I'm no nationalist, and I'm far too ashamed of what it has become : just like any other capitalist country, it's now just an absurd jungle hiding under the dead mask of democracy (sorry for the metaphore here, it might sound weird, can't really say)

• @toshir0 said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Don't be bitter that your country is comprised entirely of cowardly Nazi collaborators
    France was torn apart between collaborators and resistants : just like any other country... Are you so naive that you think there wasn't nazis in USA during the war (and still nowadays) ? Check Walt Disney's biography for a good laugh...

I'm not talking about a handful of "bad apples".  I'm referring to the fact that the majority of the French just laid down their arms and went along with the Nazis like sheep, because fighting back was too much effort.

@toshir0 said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    Maybe if other countries would stop being stupid we would stop killing them.
    It's indeed stupid to live in peace when there is oil underground for americans to feed their cars...

Yes, Afghanistan and Iraq were clearly peaceful nations.  Seriously, how fucking stupid are you?  I know you're European, so I don't expect a lot, but even by the standards of Europe you seem pretty goddamn retarded.  Apparently the only smart Frenchman died fighting the Nazis or fled to America or Canada, which is why France has gone from being a leading scientific and industrial power to a mediocre shithole plagued by race riots, perpetual workforce strikes and increasingly crappy wine.  Christ, today's France is little more than the butt of jokes to the rest of the world; it's the Poland for the 21st century.

I'm not going to even bother refuting your "war for oil" nonsense, because it's been so thoroughly debunked at this point.  You could find information on it if you wanted, but I figure you're too lazy and dumb and drunk to bother.  And even if you did look into it, you'd just dismiss all of the factual evidence as "lies" or "disinformation", like you do with anything else inconvenient to your preconceived view of the world.  Really, though, you probably need to get to work.  I'm sure there is a polite group of tourists at one of the tables you wait who is in need of a good scowl and some of that infamous French charm.

• @toshir0 said:

I won't make myself the advocate of France.

Oh, goddammit, now you tell me.  Well, you're still a delusion moron, even if you do have the good sense to hate France.

@toshir0 said:

I'm no nationalist, and I'm far too ashamed of what it has become

What it has become?  Wasn't France a brutal empire up until the 60s?  What the fuck are you on about?

•  @morbiuswilters said:

Yes, Afghanistan and Iraq were clearly peaceful nations
    My point was unclear, I must admit. I meant that some countries could live by themselves and make their own choices but are continuously bound to slavery not only by *americans* (you do your little countries-fight (mine is better than yours !) by yourself I don't give a shit about these things) but also by europeans, japanese, whatever, I mean : by economic predators, wherever they come from. For the benefit of a few tyrants in these countries, who are, occasionnally, put into place by their occidental *partners* (on this part, France is maybe the worst of all, and former president Chirac, for instance, was truly responsible of these crimes). The global market economy is a plague, spreading and increasing inequalities in every part of the world it affects. This is the cause of the decline you see in France : forfeiting people sovereignty to the unfair destructive laws of liberal economy. The principle of solidarity replaced by competition. The civilization had once raised from the jungle on highly human principles like freedom, democracy, knowledge for all, and so on, but the industrialized capitalistic type of society returns to a type of organisation technically closer to the jungle. And it's no dead end : it depends on us people to find non-violent and politic ways to have both solidarity and freedom.

The rest of your insult-style talking presents no special interest. I'm used to hear it from you. Go on singing, bird.

• @toshir0 said:

[Interesting babbling probably worth reading]

TL;DR

• @toshir0 said:

The global market economy is a plague, spreading and increasing inequalities in every part of the world it affects.

Yes, this is why every country that abandons collectivism for market economics sees a massive increase in peace, prosperity and health within years.  And countries that go the other way devolve into pitiful shitholes.  Hell, collectivism is so fucking bad that many countries under European colonialism actually got poorer when they went Communist.  I don't know how in the fuck you can come up with a system so brain-dead that being treated as a slave by French bureaucrats is actually preferable, but I gotta hand it to Marx.

@toshir0 said:

This is the cause of the decline you see in France : forfeiting people sovereignty to the unfair destructive laws of liberal economy.

Or it could be that the French work week is 23 hours, labor strikes are frequent and France has been smothered by quasi-Marxism so long that its people are no longer compelled to personal achievement.  France peaked in the 19th century and has been in a death spiral ever since.  Of course, the problem couldn't possibly be decades of stupid, productivity-destroying laws, oh no!  The problem is.. let's see, who's real big right now.. ah, yes, the problem is because of America and free trade.  They are big and successful because.. um.. *mumble* imperialism/war for oil/BusHitler *mumble*, but definitely not because they are right.  The most convoluted explanation which shirks all responsibility must be the correct one.  I shall call this "toshir0's Razor", and it will be used to hack down deductive and inductive reasoning like they were impotent, alcoholic Frenchman falling down in an alley after leaving the bar and heading home to once again fail at sexually satisfying their horse-faced, hairy-armpitted, harpy wives.

@toshir0 said:

The principle of solidarity replaced by competition. The civilization had once raised from the jungle on highly human principles like freedom, democracy, knowledge for all, and so on, but the industrialized capitalistic type of society returns to a type of organisation technically closer to the jungle. And it's no dead end : it depends on us people to find non-violent and politic ways to have both solidarity and freedom.

Competition produces better results.  Far better results.  The evidence of this is overwhelming.  You are either ignorant of well-known fact or you know it but dislike it on an emotional level.  Stop whining and accept it.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Competition produces better results.  Far better results.  The evidence of this is overwhelming.  You are either ignorant of well-known fact or you know it but dislike it on an emotional level.  Stop whining and accept it.
    And that very clever reasonning leads us to the only logical conclusion : laws are counter-productive. True concurrence would be achieved if I had the right to kill everyone on sight in the street and take their money. It's mine, after all, because i was quicker to draw so I deserve it. It's a far better result. Yes, boy, of course, wonderful.

@morbiuswilters said:

Yes, this is why every country that abandons collectivism for market economics sees a massive increase in peace, prosperity and health within years.
    Yes, of course, general Pinochet said that too. You would have been good friends. Well, that is absolute buffonnery. Go on living in your disneyland style of life, singing you're the only one in your golden cage to see the reality. And die eating that fucking donut.

• @toshir0 said:

@morbiuswilters said:
    And that very clever reasonning leads us to the only logical conclusion : laws are counter-productive. True concurrence would be achieved if I had the right to kill everyone on sight in the street and take their money. It's mine, after all, because i was quicker to draw so I deserve it. It's a far better result. Yes, boy, of course, wonderful.

So... just to clarify here, the concept "competition produces better results" leads naturally to"laws are counter-productive." I guess that explains why Liberia and Somalia are such economic powerhouses, right? They have (basically) no laws. (And, BTW, they are both good places to suggest Libertarians move to when they get all Libertarian on you, it shuts them up real quick.)

Look, competition is good. You're a computer user, so here's some quick and easy examples:

1) IE 6 with no competition? No updates in year, masses of suck. IE6 with Firefox, Safari, Chrome? Regular updates, quickly reaching feature-parity with newer browsers (and it'll surpass Firefox when IE9 comes out. Mozilla's doing shit right now.)

2) Adobe products have been a constant puddle of suck for almost a decade now. Look at what Adobe Reader was like before effective third-party competition (like FoxIt, and Apple's homebuilt PDF readers) arised. Now it's... well, still shit, but no more shit than any other Adobe product.

3) Remember what Network Solutions was like when they had a monopoly on domain names? Enough said.

@toshir0 said:

Yes, of course, general Pinochet said that too. You would have been good friends. Well, that is absolute buffonnery. Go on living in your disneyland style of life, singing you're the only one in your golden cage to see the reality. And die eating that fucking donut.

Your reality, or the one the rest of us are in?

I'm starting to think you're a troll, honestly. You can't seriously believe this tripe... right?

• @blakeyrat said:

So... just to clarify here, the concept "competition produces better results" leads naturally to"laws are counter-productive."

It's yet another logical fallacy he's throwing out.  Give the guy a break, he's defending a massively-failed ideology that killed 150 million people.  He doesn't have many logical tools at his disposal, so he's flinging shit.

@blakeyrat said:

I guess that explains why Liberia and Somalia are such economic powerhouses, right? They have (basically) no laws. (And, BTW, they are both good places to suggest Libertarians move to when they get all Libertarian on you, it shuts them up real quick.)

Libertarians are not anarchists.  Really, they are paleo-conservatives.  They would favor a system much closer to the US 120 years ago in most things (not race and gender equality, though).  You're engaging in a bit of logical fallacy yourself of the same sort employed above, by taking their premise and running it far beyond the obvious conclusion.  I would consider myself somewhat libertarian, although I disagree with them on plenty, especially foreign policy.

@blakeyrat said:

I'm starting to think you're a troll, honestly. You can't seriously believe this tripe... right?

10% of Americans believe it.  And France is way, way dumber and more useless than America.  And as DailyKos illustrates, stupid/insane people can even figure out how to operate a computer.  So, yes, it's possible.  I cut American liberals more slack, though, because they tend to just be ignorant of history.  European liberals know more history, but lie and deceive to maintain their delusions.