"Please do not flush toilet with foot"???

• @dhromed said:

@morbiuswilters said:

However, a better* solution exists: automatic toilets.

This reminds me of an excellent short by Mr Fireland: The Eternal Flush

How does that work? Every toilet I've seen has a pathetic dribble once all the water in the cistern has been consumed.

• @Zemm said:

How does that work? Every toilet I've seen has a pathetic dribble once all the water in the cistern has been consumed.

Most public toilets in the US are of the "tankless" variety that simply pipe a high volume of mains water directly into the toilet.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Zemm said:
    Most public toilets in the US are of the "tankless" variety that simply pipe a high volume of mains water directly into the toilet.

Here's hoping that this site allows hotlinking. 

•  Wow which toilet is that? Can't be any public toilet in the lower 48, it's too clean!

• @belgariontheking said:

Oh God, finally, an excuse to piss in the sink.

• @morbiuswilters said:

You must have insane water pressure then. I think we only get like 9 litres per minute. My toilet's cistern is 4.5 litres - it takes about 5 seconds for a full flush, so you'd need at least 54 litres/minute to match that. Considering that the target water use is less than 200 litres per person per day, Fireland used up his entire allocation in less than 4 minutes! Decadent waste of water indeed.

• @Zemm said:

@morbiuswilters said:

You must have insane water pressure then. I think we only get like 9 litres per minute. My toilet's cistern is 4.5 litres - it takes about 5 seconds for a full flush, so you'd need at least 54 litres/minute to match that. Considering that the target water use is less than 200 litres per person per day, Fireland used up his entire allocation in less than 4 minutes! Decadent waste of water indeed.

I don't think it uses much more water than a tank, it's just fed by a large pipe so it can create good pressure.  The principle is almost the same as a tank.  I find it surprising that these are not common in Australia; they're a lot better for public restrooms.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I don't think it uses much more water than a tank, it's just fed by a large pipe so it can create good pressure.  The principle is almost the same as a tank.  I find it surprising that these are not common in Australia; they're a lot better for public restrooms.
    But then where can I hide my drugs?

•  Stupid question. Right next to your gun, in the - oh, shit!

• @snover said:

But then where can I hide my drugs?

Your anus, like everybody else.

• @morbiuswilters said:

I find it surprising that these are not common in Australia; they're a lot better for public restrooms.

I've never seen one in real life. Besides, Australia has no water.

•  That's an easy one. Just design a toilet and sewer system that can handle salt water and you're good to go. Trust me, it's easy.