State mathematics standards WTF

• @bob171123 said:

@Indrora said:

So, see the second WTF above, gawk and go "OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL DO THEY TEACH THESE KIDS NOW?!?!?!?!"

They teach kids to sing and dance for stimulus funds from the Messiah.

Marry me.

• @amischiefr said:

Being from New Mexico myself, I can attest to the education level being fairly low.  However, you seem to be near the bottom of the barrel yourself because even I know that New Mexico was the 47th state and that Arizona was the 48th.

Well, that's not too bad: being number 47 out of 57 puts them in the top forty percent.

• Dont you mean bottom 40%?

• @Indrora said:

Dont you mean bottom 40%?

*facepalm*

•  So the American education system got to you too? Now you know it's best viewed from a distance.

• Assuming that the error rate is also written in one of the State's documents, the error rate might in reality be anywhere between 24% and 56% !

• @amischiefr said:

@Indrora said:

...and second the state I live in is something like 48th in the union... Its New Mexico. And it sucks balls for education.

Being from New Mexico myself, I can attest to the education level being fairly low.  However, you seem to be near the bottom of the barrel yourself because even I know that New Mexico was the 47th state and that Arizona was the 48th.

Yes, but at least Indrora knows to use the term 'something like' when he doesn't have the exact number, so that people who aren't the bottom of the barrel of a state like New Mexico will understand.  Or was English just not your subject?