Genius Web Programming (NIU)

•  I guess there's people in the world who dunno about   and have some wierd thing about CSS... at least there's no frames :P

•  k.. now THAT was something. But leaving the code aside,, could someone tell me why is there a "Try Again" button on the top of teh page? and why does it give me "/Darweb_choicepage" when I click it?

• @morbiuswilters said:

I just noticed this: they apparently aren't using an expires header, but instead an e-tag for the image. This means it is re-requested from the server for every instance on the page...
    Explains the speed. I wonder if someone didn't do this deliberately to overload the server or something?

• Let's try and see what happens if we all click it a lot... 

• Here's some background info, folks:

• @mdickw said:

Here's some background info, folks:

Wow, I was about to say "whoah, a resurrected thread where someone actually added something useful" but if I had said that, I would have been speaking too soon.

I fact it looks like you found the error, wrote a blog post about it, googled it, then created an account on TDWTF and linked to your blog, trying to say it was background information.

mDICKw, you fail. 

• @mdickw said:

Here's some background info, folks:
    This is why we need a mug for individuals.  This moron wrote a post on his blog -- five days after this was posted, no less -- which included absolutely no new information, and then created an account here to link to it.  Die in a fire, good sir.

• I grew up in the shadow of NIU in the '80s. Being located in a CamelCase town, it is obviously ripe for WTFery.

• Err, nice. So I am blogspaming the forum by posting a link to an explanation about the original page upon which you've spent a couple of pages analysing and speculating about.

Just to clear up any confusion, the proper order of events was actually: saw my DARS report, saved it online and posted it on my site, submitted it to reddit, viewed web stats (several days later), saw lots of referrals from TDWTF, read the interesting discussion, wrote blog entry about it, posted link to blog entry here.

Perhaps I didn't post much information that you hadn't already figured out. My apologies. 

• @mdickw said:

Err, nice. So I am blogspaming the forum by posting a link to an explanation about the original page upon which you've spent a couple of pages analysing and speculating about.

Just to clear up any confusion, the proper order of events was actually: saw my DARS report, saved it online and posted it on my site, submitted it to reddit, viewed web stats (several days later), saw lots of referrals from TDWTF, read the interesting discussion, wrote blog entry about it, posted link to blog entry here.

Perhaps I didn't post much information that you hadn't already figured out. My apologies. 

Perhaps if you had actually explained all of that instead of just posting a link to your blog people might not have been pissed off at you?  If you're telling the truth, then I appreciate your contribution, but surely you must see why people flamed you . 

• @mdickw said:

So then dehp.net is your site?  If so, it's a glaring omission not to mention that.  Otherwise, you're still not making sense.

• Of course, I understand it in hindsight--I made the post very hastily. Though, people seem to have made the connection that I made the blog post but doubted that I posted the original site. Oh well, I still consider scepticism to be a virtue. Yes, dehp.net is my site. You can verify that by going to the domain root. 

• For what it is worth, I did pick up this wtf from reddit and it was posted there originally by mdickw :)