The Password Game

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

https://neal.fun/password-game/

I got to rule 16 before giving up.

I assume at least some of the questions are different for everyone but...

Shellabout🌔faVVII3!NewZealand2151Junec2fb7Fe2020

• @loopback0 Rule 11: "Your password must include today's Wordle answer." Yeah, no thanks. Bailing.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Benjamin-Hall I Googled that. I don't know enough about chess to have Googled the answer for 16 though.

• I solved the Wordle to get that answer (3/6), but I got a different country to you.

I was on 16 as well because I couldn't puzzle out the chess position.

Think you have a better one of these than me but...

988JanuaryShellVIIVpcedeabout🌔kuwaitAu

• BINNED

What do you mean, invalid notation?

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-28 um 00.53.05.png

It's the same notation as this, which is just an illegal move:
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-28 um 00.53.18.png

and this, which is a legal move but not the best one:
    Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-28 um 00.53.24.png

😕 :sideways_owl:

ETA:

Ohhh

It requires specifying e.g. check with +. Can't leave that out when your move is a check.

• BINNED

Rule 19, I give up for today:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-06-28 um 01.12.22.png

Using unicode bold letters doesn't work, it breaks all previous rules.

• I even solved the bold one.

But then 'your password catches fire' and I wasn't quick enough to put it out before...

this happened in the most glorious fuck you ever

64d49ff2-690d-448b-ad3a-8417ad49ba7b-image.png

• OK, level 24 officially beats me.

662213bb-6c01-4a7f-8334-10fe7c6b8121-image.png

16 - the chess puzzle
    17 - put the egg in your password
    18 - elements in your password must have a total atomic number of 200 - given that you get shafted with having to have VII and V, this is 152 before you start
    19 - vowels must be bolded, select each of the vowels and press Ctrl-B
    20 - password is on fire - delete the fire emoji before they go too mad... do not let the fire hit the egg
    21 - password is not strong enough, copy the strength emoji into the password until it passes
    22 - go with 'I am enough' but all in lower case (the others might work, this one definitely does)
    23 - put a supply of the bug emoji in the password next to the chicken, you can put a bunch in but they'll be consumed one at a time every ~20 seconds
    24 - find a video exactly 26 minutes and 12 seconds long on YouTube... it checks, maybe it will let you specify a 1822 second time range (since that's a thing you can do) but I couldn't figure it out in the time before Paul the chicken fucking starved on me

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

@Arantor said in The Password Game:

OK, level 24 officially beats me.

662213bb-6c01-4a7f-8334-10fe7c6b8121-image.png

16 - the chess puzzle
    17 - put the egg in your password
    18 - elements in your password must have a total atomic number of 200 - given that you get shafted with having to have VII and V, this is 152 before you start
    20 - password is on fire - delete the fire emoji before they go too mad... do not let the fire hit the egg
    21 - password is not strong enough, copy the strength emoji into the password until it passes
    22 - go with 'I am enough' but all in lower case (the others might work, this one definitely does)
    23 - put a supply of the bug emoji in the password next to the chicken, you can put a bunch in but they'll be consumed one at a time every ~20 seconds
    24 - find a video exactly 26 minutes and 12 seconds long on YouTube... it checks, maybe it will let you specify a 1822 second time range (since that's a thing you can do) but I couldn't figure it out in the time before Paul the chicken fucking starved on me

Sounds like you really cocked up by not having a broad YT catalogue ready to go :tro-pop:

ETA: Someone needs to cut together a Rick Astley extended edition that's 1572 seconds long. Because also you've got some New Math there...

• I think I was doing it in a hurry and typoed something in the calculator. :mlp_shrug:

• BINNED

Current moon phase:
    Screenshot_20230628_125257.png

Only accepted emoji:
    Screenshot_20230628_125456.png

🖕

I couldn’t get the country, not even by inspecting the embed URL, so bailing on 14.

And since it made me go there,
    Wordle 739 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
    ⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• BINNED

@kazitor it didn’t expect topsy turvy people. :tro-pop:

• BINNED

@topspin
    Presumably it’s those who have to turn their heads south to see something that’s above them that are upside-down 🍹

I don’t actually blame the website; the character is ‘Waxing Gibbous Moon Symbol’ and it’s only sensible to accept ‘waxing gibbous moon’ for a waxing gibbous moon.

What’s stupid is the graphic presentation relying only on a left-right distinction to distinguish waxing and waning, and especially to use waning to the left in left-to-right text, where it would surely make the most sense to first illuminate the left side and finish on the right.

It could even just have waxing lit at the top and waning lit at the bottom, so the illuminated and unilluminated portions ‘fall’ with time. Gravity tends to be pretty universal.

• @kazitor said in The Password Game:

And since it made me go there,
    Wordle 739 3/6

Google gave me the answer without having to actually play.

• I cheated on the chess puzzle so officially I only got to rule 16 too.

@Arantor said in The Password Game:

OK, level 24 officially beats me.

16 - the chess puzzle

There is another way to do some of those

16 - You can cheat and look at the source code to find the correct answer for the current puzzle

18 - 35 is also a multiple of 35

19 - You can press the button "Bold" if you don't have a Ctrl key

• that is as far as I've got it

b331e82e-7dcd-4432-8061-32c7e37d9119-image.png

• BINNED

@sockpuppet7 move forward, check out the flags and the cars.

• @boomzilla can we embed this thing on the forum password box on april first? extra funny if there is a message asking users to change their password

• @sockpuppet7 Guessing Norway didn't work?

• @robo2 I didn't try any, I was already feeling like work when I saw that one

• @sockpuppet7 said in The Password Game:

I was already feeling like work

I'm so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!

• ♿ (Parody)

@sockpuppet7 said in The Password Game:

@boomzilla can we embed this thing on the forum password box on april first? extra funny if there is a message asking users to change their password

PRs might be considered.

• Banned

Waxing and Waning Moon: The waxing moon refers to the period when the illuminated portion of the moon is increasing, moving from the new moon towards the full moon. On the other hand, the waning moon refers to the period when the illuminated portion is decreasing, moving from the full moon back to the new moon.

Left-to-Right Text: In cultures that read from left to right (such as English), the convention is to represent the moon phases from left to right, with the new moon starting on the left and the full moon on the right. This is consistent with the natural progression of the moon's illumination from less visible (new moon) to more visible (full moon).

Waxing Gibbous Moon Symbol: The "Waxing Gibbous Moon Symbol" is a graphical representation of the moon phase where more than half but not all of the moon's disk is illuminated. It appears between the first quarter (half illuminated) and the full moon.

Graphic Presentation: Some representations use a simple left-right distinction to differentiate between waxing and waning, which might cause confusion for some people. There are indeed alternative graphical representations that could potentially make it clearer, such as using a top-bottom distinction, as you suggested. These alternatives could help convey the progression of the moon's illumination more intuitively for some individuals.

• 🚽 Regular

I've tentatively approved the post above just because it seems to be in context, but honestly it reads like AI-generated spam. Let's wait and see. I'm already half-regretting this.

Edit: yup, it was a spammer. Darn it, it was even a funny one. I'm very disappointed.

• @Zecc this is also my interpretation.

• Huh. The moon waxing regularly would explain why it isn't hairy.

• BINNED

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-20 um 13.05.37.png

🔧 :tro-pop: