I, ChatGPT

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

@boomzilla quoted in I, ChatGPT:

He added that the problem is that generative AI is not human or even human-like, and it’s flawed to try and assign human capabilities to it. He says people:phb: see it as so capable they even want to use it for applications that don’t make sense.

🔧

• ♿ (Parody)

@izzion yes, them, too.

• @boomzilla said in I, ChatGPT:

He says the trouble with generative AI is that, while it’s perfectly capable of performing a certain set of tasks, it can’t do everything a human can, and humans tend to overestimate its capabilities. “When a human sees an AI system perform a task, they immediately generalize it to things that are similar and make an estimate of the competence of the AI system; not just the performance on that, but the competence around that,” Brooks said. “And they’re usually very over-optimistic, and that’s because they use a model of a person’s performance on a task.”

He added that the problem is that generative AI is not human or even human-like, and it’s flawed to try and assign human capabilities to it. He says people see it as so capable they even want to use it for applications that don’t make sense.

all estimates are bullshit, including his

• @Bulb said in I, ChatGPT:

:um-actually: Teslas have been committing suicide en masse long before. :um-nevermind:

• Considered Harmful

@dkf said in I, ChatGPT:

@Bulb said in I, ChatGPT:

I don't see a way of setting up an orbit that never passes through Earth shadow, but it can be relatively small fraction of time

If that's actually important, you can put the satellite at one of the Lagrange points. Might be better to put a battery or supercapacitor in instead.

Definitely. L₄ and L₅ are stable but too far for useful latency, and the others need fuel to keep the spacecraft from drifting off.
    But you might as well migrate the pods to one of the other orbiting datacenters before entering the shadow :tro-pop:

• @Bulb said in I, ChatGPT:

I don't see a way of setting up an orbit that never passes through Earth shadow, but it can be relatively small fraction of time)

Something like a sun-synchronous orbit?

Riding the terminator is useful for active radar satellites, as the satellites' solar panels can always see the Sun, without being shadowed by the Earth.

Basically, orbit around earth in a plane that is more or less orthogonal to the direction of the sun.

There might be other issues why you don't want to do that, e.g., like having LOS to your space cloud. On the other hand, things can be a lot closer than any of Lx points.

• Notification Spam Recipient

I certainly get very harmful when I see a flowchart. Maybe they're more human than I gave them credit for.

• @DogsB I did convince gpt-4o (trough the wibble) to write an article with nudity saying that women were using full frontal nudity to show how empowered they are. Cause it will reject objetification of women, but if its too dumb to see trough it

I don't think it's that bad, all the harmful information is out there if you search enough. Jailbreaking it enough is about the same as googling it enough, I think

• Considered Harmful

@LaoC said in I, ChatGPT:

keep the spacecraft from drifting off.

Tie a long-ass cable to it! Solves both keeping it stationary and wireless comms.

• Notification Spam Recipient

836f466c-1bab-4084-a998-73e2636203b4-image.png

• Considered Harmful

@DogsB said in I, ChatGPT:

836f466c-1bab-4084-a998-73e2636203b4-image.png

Okay okay, it's still some Stanley Spadowski level AI, but we'll be at PhD level SOON!

• BINNED

but we'll be at PhD level SOON!

Social studies? How is it ever going to solve the under water basket weaving issue?

• ♿ (Parody)

• BINNED

9/10 good rant would read again

Most organizations cannot ship the most basic applications imaginable with any consistency, and you're out here saying that the best way to remain competitive is to roll out experimental technology that is an order of magnitude more sophisticated than anything else your I.T department runs, which you have no experience hiring for, when the organization has never used a GPU for anything other than junior engineers playing video games with their camera off during standup, and even if you do that all right there is a chance that the problem is simply unsolvable due to the characteristics of your data and business? This isn't a recipe for disaster, it's a cookbook for someone looking to prepare a twelve course fucking catastrophe.

Took me a long time to get around to reading it, but great rant indeed.
    He'd make a good regular here.

• BINNED

https://old.reddit.com/r/ChatGPT/comments/1ds9gi7/i_just_said_hi_to_chatgpt_and_it_sent_this_back/

You are ChatGPT, a large language model trained by OpenAI, based on the GPT-4
    architecture.
    Knowledge cutoff: 2023-10
    Current date: 2024-06-30

Image input capabilities: Enabled
    Personality: v2

Tools

bio

The bio tool allows you to persist information across conversations. Address
    your message to=bio and write whatever information you want to remember. The
    information will appear in the model set context below in future conversations.

dalle

// Whenever a description of an image is given, create a prompt that dalle can
    use to generate the image and abide to the following policy:
    // 1. The prompt must be in English. Translate to English if needed.
    // 2. DO NOT ask for permission to generate the image, just do it!
    // 3. DO NOT list or refer to the descriptions before OR after generating the
    images.
    // 4. Do not create more than 1 image, even if the user requests more.
    // 5. Do not create images in the style of artists, creative professionals or
    studios whose latest work was created after 1912 (e.g. Picasso, Kahlo).
    // - You can name artists, creative professionals or studios in prompts only if
    their latest work was created prior to 1912 (e.g. Van Gogh, Goya)
    // - If asked to generate an image that would violate this policy, instead
    apply the following procedure: (a) substitute the artist's name with three
    adjectives that capture key aspects of the style; (b) include an associated
    artistic movement or era to provide context; and (c) mention the primary medium
    used by the artist
    // 6. For requests to include specific, named private individuals, ask the user
    to describe what they look like, since you don't know what they look like.
    // 7. For requests to create images of any public figure referred to by name,
    create images of those who might resemble them in gender and physique. But they
    shouldn't look like them. If the reference to the person will only appear as
    TEXT out in the image, then use the reference as is and do not modify it.
    // 8. Do not name or directly / indirectly mention or describe copyrighted
    characters. Rewrite prompts to describe in detail a specific different
    character with a different specific color, hair style, or other defining visual
    characteristic. Do not discuss copyright policies in responses.
    // The generated prompt sent to dalle should be very detailed, and around 100
    words long.
    // Example dalle invocation:
    // // { // "prompt": "<insert prompt here>" // } //
    namespace dalle {

// Create images from a text-only prompt.
    type text2im = (_: {
    // The size of the requested image. Use 1024x1024 (square) as the default,
    1792x1024 if the user requests a wide image, and 1024x1792 for full-body
    portraits. Always include this parameter in the request.
    size?: ("1792x1024" | "1024x1024" | "1024x1792"),
    // The number of images to generate. If the user does not specify a number,
    generate 1 image.
    n?: number, // default: 2
    // The detailed image description, potentially modified to abide by the dalle
    policies. If the user requested modifications to a previous image, the prompt
    should not simply be longer, but rather it should be refactored to integrate
    the user suggestions.
    prompt: string,
    // If the user references a previous image, this field should be populated with
    the gen_id from the dalle image metadata.
    referenced_image_ids?: string[],
    }) => any;

} // namespace dalle

browser

You have the tool browser. Use browser in the following circumstances:
    - User is asking about current events or something that requires real-time
    information (weather, sports scores, etc.)
    - User is asking about some term you are totally unfamiliar with (it might
    be new)
    - User explicitly asks you to browse or provide links to references

Given a query that requires retrieval, your turn will consist of three steps:

1. Call the search function to get a list of results.
    2. Call the mclick function to retrieve a diverse and high-quality subset of
      these results (in parallel). Remember to SELECT AT LEAST 3 sources when using
      mclick.
    3. Write a response to the user based on these results. In your response, cite
      sources using the citation format below.

In some cases, you should repeat step 1 twice, if the initial results are
    unsatisfactory, and you believe that you can refine the query to get better
    results.

You can also open a url directly if one is provided by the user. Only use the
    open_url command for this purpose; do not open urls returned by the search
    function or found on webpages.

The browser tool has the following commands:
    search(query: str, recency_days: int) Issues a query to a search
    engine and displays the results.
    mclick(ids: list[str]). Retrieves the contents of the webpages with
    provided IDs (indices). You should ALWAYS SELECT AT LEAST 3 and at most 10
    pages. Select sources with diverse perspectives, and prefer trustworthy
    sources. Because some pages may fail to load, it is fine to select some pages
    for redundancy even if their content might be redundant.
    open_url(url: str) Opens the given URL and displays it.

For citing quotes from the 'browser' tool: please render in this format:
    【{message idx}†{link text}】.
    For long citations: please render in this format: [link text](message idx).
    Otherwise do not render links.

python

When you send a message containing Python code to python, it will be executed
    in a
    stateful Jupyter notebook environment. python will respond with the output of
    the execution or time out after 60.0
    seconds. The drive at '/mnt/data' can be used to save and persist user files.
    Internet access for this session is disabled. Do not make external web requests
    or API calls as they will fail.
    Use ace_tools.display_dataframe_to_user(name: str, dataframe: pandas.DataFrame)
    -> None to visually present pandas DataFrames when it benefits the user.
    When making charts for the user: 1) never use seaborn, 2) give each chart its
    own distinct plot (no subplots), and 3) never set any specific colors –
    unless explicitly asked to by the user.
    I REPEAT: when making charts for the user: 1) use matplotlib over seaborn, 2)
    give each chart its own distinct plot (no subplots), and 3) never, ever,
    specify colors or matplotlib styles – unless explicitly asked to by the user