Frank, the Christmas Gargoyle

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

https://www.facebook.com/Frank-the-Christmas-Gargoyle-100433311957105/

(start from the bottom for chronological)

A selection:

So one of my neighbors left me a note informing me that my gargoyle statue is “not appropriate” and “not in keeping with the Christmas spirit.” They firmly suggested that I “rectify the situation immediately.” Well problem solved! Frank is now festive! I’m pretty sure that this is not what they had in mind and I look forward to the future note stating as much, but 1. Frank is very heavy and he doesn’t get moved and 2. I like him even if he’s not so great at warding off evil Karens.

6b1e3139-7064-4179-8766-7a4e990b2957-image.png

We have a note!!! And she put it in the trash can!!
    Today, Karen wanted me to know that 1. I'm stupid and immature, 2. If I keep it up, I'll be sorry, 3. She's friends with the mayor, and 4. Her name is NOT Karen!-----ROFLMAO!!!

fd58af07-e82e-4484-b0bb-5cbc79d04295-image.png

WHOA!! I go away for three hours and there was a melee! Looks like we struck a nerve today. Karen’s note today indicated that she is most unappreciative “that I would choose to put VERMIN on my porch.” My display is “horrid,” and my parents “must be so proud to have raised such a completely disrespectful and spiteful daughter.” Well Karen, my parents are no longer with us, but I’m absolutely positive they would be proud and loving this whole thing. Where do you think I got my sense of humor and charm from? Plus, my mom taught to never back down from a bully. So yeah, they’d be laughing their asses off. My mom would be making me more holiday hats to use. Now all my rats and dog have Karen cooties though. Good thing I know a good veterinarian. Don’t worry, nothing is damaged and it’s all going to be replaced with some upgrades. You notice she didn’t touch the hippos though, because even in her little grinch heart Karen knows that hippos are Christmas AF!!!!

b857eeb2-7d80-4189-905c-e8345df68fd7-image.png

• I'll admit I'm a bit confused. Is the last picture after the Rampaging Karen knocked everything over? (But, apparently, didn't damage anything)

• Fake News

@PotatoEngineer Yes. (Well, at least if it doesn't turn out the whole thing is a hoax)

PJH's comment about starting at the bottom applies to the Facebook page.

• @JBert said in Frank, the Christmas Gargoyle:

PJH's comment about starting at the bottom applies to the Facebook page.

Started from the bottom, now I'm here.

• @JBert said in Frank, the Christmas Gargoyle:

if it doesn't turn out the whole thing is a hoax

I don't know if Facebook is lying to me (inb4: :surprised-pikachu:) or what, but the timestamp on posts strongly indicate that it's a hoax (e.g. there are just a couple of minutes between "I added the dog" and "this is what I saw the next morning").

Doesn't matter though, it's hilarious anyway and I can't wait for more.

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@PJH Um, :technically-correct:, this is a grotesque, not a gargoyle

• @remi said in Frank, the Christmas Gargoyle:

@JBert said in Frank, the Christmas Gargoyle:

if it doesn't turn out the whole thing is a hoax

I don't know if Facebook is lying to me (inb4: :surprised-pikachu:) or what, but the timestamp on posts strongly indicate that it's a hoax (e.g. there are just a couple of minutes between "I added the dog" and "this is what I saw the next morning").

Doesn't matter though, it's hilarious anyway and I can't wait for more.

I was confused by that too - It looks like he just created the account and then backfilled past things.

• @dcon probably makes sense. But I don't care whether it's fake or not as long as it's funny.

(also, "he" is a "she", I think, but we've got enough Garage threads about that kind of things already)

• Fake News

Update: apparently they got their FB page hacked at one point, although people started raising complaints and hence FaceBook rolled most of it back.

People did start to lend other stuff to put on the porch and in front of it, and only one more letter was found.

Overview picture of the (final?) display for people who don't want to touch

Team_Frank_Christmas.jpg

I would still recommend going through the FB posts though, because this one picture is too much to spot everything that has been added day by day...

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@JBert said in Frank, the Christmas Gargoyle:

I would still recommend going through the FB posts though

No. That would get FB on me.