Plugin/extension for cropping an HTML page.

• I can't seem to find how I got this and now it's disappeared.

It was either an extension for Chrome (more likely) or a plugin for FireFox (less likely). It allowed you to select a part of the DOM and then save the page with everything else cut out. I was using it to save copies of orders/invoices from sites that A) won't e-mail me for some reason or B) are extremely warped by printing to PDF/XPS. Anybody have any clue what I'm talking about and willing to point me in the right direction?

• @Zenith said in Plugin/extension for cropping an HTML page.:

I can't seem to find how I got this and now it's disappeared.

It was either an extension for Chrome (more likely) or a plugin for FireFox (less likely). It allowed you to select a part of the DOM and then save the page with everything else cut out. I was using it to save copies of orders/invoices from sites that A) won't e-mail me for some reason or B) are extremely warped by printing to PDF/XPS. Anybody have any clue what I'm talking about and willing to point me in the right direction?

I don't know about anyone else but...... this sounds like a fun bit of DOM manipulation JavaScript to write.

And a handy thing to have an extension for too.

Probably more effort than it's worth to actually write it up as an extension and publish it tho. Google's AI has weird rules for publishing extensions...

• BINNED

@Zenith

❓

Firefox version also exists.

• @Zenith While I don't have anything on the "Capture only the wanted part of the DOM" part, the screen capture tool Snagit can screengrab scrolling pages.

• @M_Adams This seems really close. I was looking for printing tools when I landed on it by accident. Just recall it as more like crop-to-selection but since it poofed I can't say for sure.

• BINNED

@Zenith said in Plugin/extension for cropping an HTML page.:

@M_Adams This seems really close. I was looking for printing tools when I landed on it by accident. Just recall it as more like crop-to-selection but since it poofed I can't say for sure.

It seems to handle all the use cases I have. Which seem to be a super set of the cases you listed. At least I’ve not found anything I like better as of yet.