WordPress

• Fake News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bSEfx6D8mA

Well, it isn't really about WP... but I got you to click! 🚜

So, I belong to this club that currently has a site that runs on WP. Most of the stuff on it consists of static, public pages, although it does have a few less static (but perhaps not that much less) elements, such as a searchable directory of club members. It also has a section that requires authN/authZ (including the club directory).

I'm trying to find some sort of alternative that nontechnical people could work with, but also wouldn't involve WP. Perhaps there's some reasonably simple, secure, free-ish CMS? I come from a Windows background, but I'm not afraid of Linux... mostly... Actually, shit, I wonder whether (I hate to say it) putting it all on a Google Site would do the job...

• @lolwhat I have used Umbraco before. It is a really nice CMS where you have complete control over the ouput of the website, including the HTML and all other gibbets (CSS/JS).

Also contains user profiles for the website.

Does require some work to set up like creating templates via MVC Razor and defining pages and fields.

It requires a Windows Server with IIS and a SQL Server database.

• @lolwhat said in WordPress:

but also wouldn't involve WP

Why?

Despite what everybody here seem to think, WP isn't a bad platform if configured properly.

• Fake News

@TimeBandit said in WordPress:

@lolwhat said in WordPress:

but also wouldn't involve WP

Why?

Despite what everybody here seem to think, WP isn't a bad platform if configured properly.

Can a non-technical user configure and maintain it properly?

• @lolwhat said in WordPress:

Can a non-technical user configure and maintain it properly?

You need a technical user to install and configure it properly.

After that, any non-technical user can use it.

There is also the option of WP hosting like

https://www.bluehost.com/special/wpbeginner