Flagging Flag Functionality

• @julianlam @barisu
    0_1540583202044_d6a82e65-50d8-454f-a8ec-c1c2bf38c9d3-image.png

The "Spam" and "Offensive" buttons are not consistent with the "Other (specify below)" button. The third enables the text box so the flagger can add custom text for the reason for flagging. The big blue "Submit Report" button can then submit the flagging report.
    On the other hand, "Spam" and "Offensive" simply submit the report, with no extra "Are you sure?" check. "Other (specify below)" doesn't need a confirmation because entering the reason already fulfills that function.
    Yes, I realize that "Spam" and "Offensive" are probably the "quick report buttons" that can be used "if applicable," but there's nothing to call them out as such.

It would be better if the "Spam" and "Offensive" buttons added verbiage to the reason text box that indicated that reason, and then to actually submit the report, the user would click "Submit Report," just as he would for a custom reason flagging.

Also, flags are not editable or removable by the user who submitted the flag, which leads to a lot of flaggings just to say, "Whoops, that other post wasn't supposed to be flagged (or flagged with that reason)!" Apparently (from a reliable source who told me so in a PM) ~10% of flag reports are of this type, which seems to be a lot of spam flaggings. I mean, flags that are themselves for a flag, not flaggings of spam. I mean spamming of flags. Spammings of spam. Spam. Spam spam. Spam, spam spam spam, spam spam.

Anyway, my request is two-fold:

1. Can the "Spam" and "Offensive" buttons on the "Report Inappropriate Content" dialog not immediately submit the flag report?
    2. Can flags be made editable/removable by the reporting user? Or at least let another flag be entered to replace the existing one from that user for that post? (I understand the reason to disallow multiple flags from the same user on the same post.)

• Considered Harmful

• @pie_flavor Yeah, but mine has the right mentions to hopefully get something changed. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Considered Harmful

@djls45 I wasn't aware that we had to tag all the interesting people to get anything done. I figured they just had this category watched.
    e: Oh, wonderful. NodeBB doesn't have the concept of watching a category.

• @djls45 But you didn't mention @waffles so how much traction can you really hope for?

• Impossible Mission - B

What the flag is the problem this flagging functionality?

• Notification Spam Recipient

I would flag the flagging flaggers!

• Trolleybus Mechanic

Unfortunately we aren't watching every topic/category on this forum, but if you report it at https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues it will likely get fixed.