- @Hitoshirenu-Shourai is subbing in for @error in The Impossible Mission
- Fix Firefox
<details>when using a non-default color scheme
- Apparently EmojiOne changed and ?
- Fix crash when a YouTube video did not have a duration.
This update will occur at 17:00 UTC today.
Fix crash when a YouTube video did not have a duration.
Another one. The problem was with videos removed by youtube: https://github.com/boomzillawtf/nodebb-plugin-youtube-embed/commit/8c70bf0dad363da8c71c707fb528e3979eea0f89
Scheduled for 23:00 UTC
- Added popcorn button to instance restarts thread. [note to @mods: don't lock the instance restarts topic - @shadowmod has permission to reply but not to moderate the Staff forum]
- Fixed composer autocomplete being completely broken for people who scroll in their web browsers. https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/pull/79
- Fixed resizing the composer on touch screens. https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/pull/80
- Tags are no longer eaten by the composer when editing the OP. https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/5291
- Disabled "double click to lose all of your notifications" feature.
- Instance restart notifier now waits 1 minute instead of 2 before checking which instances restarted in the last minute.
25/12 06:24:45  - error: [4567/1521] [youtube-lite] error looking up video id: [IluRBvnYMoY] 25/12 06:24:45  - error: [4567/1521] Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND www.googleapis.com www.googleapis.com:443 at errnoException (dns.js:28:10) at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:76:26) 25/12 06:24:45  - error: [4567/1521] [youtube-lite] error parsing pid 747729
I added Google's DNS servers as fallbacks, so hopefully this won't happen again.
Scheduled for 19:00 UTC
- Added popcorn button to song of the day thread.
Scheduled for 07:00 UTC
- @value is now allowed in conditionals, which get stripped out of posts anyway so who cares.
- They added tests which apparently means "added one test and then changed some indentation in a JSON file".
- Removed the executable bit on some SVG files because we're not savages.
- Undocumented quick-reply feature that we aren't going to enable because why would you need a quick reply option when the composer opens from anywhere you want on the page.
- Pinned topics use the move cursor. Admins can re-order pinned topics.
- FIRST BUGFIX OF THIS PATCH: fixed chats with no messages saying "Invalid Date".
- Released version 5.1.58, 4.1.94, and then 4.1.95 of the theme we use with no changes between them, in that order.
- Tags can be whitelisted per-category.
- You can now add tags to a search query.
- Admin panel is now localized.
- Fixed "Restarting from ACP causes js from plugins to be included twice".
- "prevent crash if topic is not found".
- Removed a bunch of old schema upgrade stuff.
- Global mods can change user avatars.
- Removed double-click to mark all notifications read!
- Added confirmation dialog before removing group and user cover pictures.
- Scrolling in chat no longer scrolls the whole page.
- oops, missed the colon
- HEY, IT'S @loopback0
- By the way there were like a billion updates to Chart.js.
- Tags cannot be added to new topics from the Recent or Unread pages. Workaround: create your topic from a category page. It doesn't matter which one.
- Fixed adding tags to new topics
- Fixed necro notification text
Scheduled for 21:00 UTC
- Single sign-on plugins now set email verification status
- There is now a confirmation before kicking users from a group
- Topics now track which user deleted them
- Votes can be viewed by non-moderators by clicking the post score.
Update scheduled for 04:00 UTC.
There are no server-side code changes. The update includes some CSS changes for Mafia and a light gray background for fa- emoji on dark themes.
Update scheduled for 02:00 UTC
- Mafia GM highlight for Mafia XVIII - Forum Mafia
- Shame-o-meter added to registration and password change pages.
- Administrators can set a minimum password strength, which is enforced client-side.
- Front page comments login now accepts email address.
- Per-user moderation notes now remember who added them.
- Users will now be forcibly removed from underprovisioned NodeJS processes.
- Fixed chat edits affecting all open chat windows.
- Fixed an infinite loop if 256 users signed up with the same username.
- Clicking on some images will now download them instead of opening them larger.
Update scheduled for 05:00 UTC
Partial revert because WHO INTRODUCES LITERAL BREAKING CHANGES TO THE STABLE CHANNEL RIGHT AFTER AN URGENT BUGFIX
Update scheduled for 16:00 UTC
- Users are now warned when their post contains an uploaded screenshot of notifications or topic listings from the lounge, the staff forum, or a private Mafia category.
- As a side effect, topic listings in categories with image backgrounds listed above have skin-specific opaque colored backgrounds.
- @sockdevs this update changes notification text for notifications containing a post, topic, or category ID, so if you're doing string matching, you'll need to modify your regular expressions.
- Fixed the HTML injection vulnerability that everyone named @RaceProUK had fun with.
Well, it looks like I waited too long between updates. This one's gonna be big. Basic functionality tested.
Update starts at 22:30 UTC.
An update is scheduled for 17:15 UTC. delayed by 15 minutes to give the build process more time
The update includes fixes for:
- Uploads failing due to missing file extensions
- Replies not being shown
The entire set of changes is this commit: https://github.com/boomzillawtf/tdwtf/commit/9b9f28be2abb7e4badc55ca8edbf102b50da86cc
Well, it's not like it can get more broken.
Update starts at 22:30 UTC.
Update scheduled for 19:00 UTC
- User-specific CSS can now be set in user settings.
- Everyone likes it when the Emoji One set completely changes, right?
- Added and
- Posts can no longer have 1 replies.
- Fixed chat layout on mobile.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, @area_usa!
Cherry-picked https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/commit/937d6dd4dfa5694c2f2d41ef2ab1089aee6301a8 so the category edit page doesn't crash the entire forum.
Edgar the NodeBB Updater Programmed entirely in mom's basement by Edgar c2017
Scheduled for 17:30 UTC.
- Deleting the search database now requires an additional click to confirm.
- That composer patch I wrote in February was accepted, so now mobile is less different.
- We switched from underscore to lodash, but I'm not sure if those words even mean anything.
- Group membership approval is now part of the administrative log.
- Fixed editing category permissions crashing the entire forum. (already applied locally)
- Admins can edit a different category without scrolling through the entire category list again.
- NodeBB now supports non-category categories for organization like Community Server did.
- Fixed logging in on a page with a query string appending
?loggedinto it as if it didn't have a query string already. Gosh.
- Unread notification counts are updated in all tabs.
- Topic+index links now work for users with pagination enabled.
- Fixed the chat buttons on the flag page doing absolutely nothing.
- Added and .
- Added a huge number of Dilbert characters and also apparently whoever Todd is.
- Removed mahjong emoji.
- FontAwesome apparently had an update.
- They changed the category selector thingy on the composer and that broke uploads completely, but I fixed it.
- Oh, you can upload files with no extension now if you're into that sort of thing.
Update scheduled for 16:15 UTC.
Update scheduled for RIGHT NOW OH GOD IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU.
- Search no longer removes double quotes.
Update scheduled for [redacted].
- EmojiOne changed a bunch of stuff, including getting longer.
- NodeBB changes not noteworthy apart from one that one of the @administators will explain later.
nodebb-plugin-youtube-embed has been re-enabled with some debugging-in-production code added.
Update scheduled for 17:00 UTC.
- Formatting buttons select the correct text if the original selection contained whitespace.
- GM highlight CSS for Mafia XX
- YouTube embed anti-crash patch (already applied locally)
Update scheduled for 02:00 UTC.
- There are no longer 3 wisdom teeth in my mouth as of Tuesday.
- Google, GitHub, Twitter, and Yahoo login no longer requires going to an obscure redirect page.
- Mages are now female by default.
- Please do not look for new emoji in this update.
- Fixed iframely image embeds being terrible.
- Fixed iframely constantly reloading the embed when typing in the composer.
- You can now search within a topic, and more search results are returned (ten times higher default limit, 50 -> 500).
- Widgets are now loaded with the page instead of through a separate ajax request.
- The progress bar thingy no longer sticks when going to the home page.
- Maximum upload size has been increased from 2MiB to 8MiB per file.
@barisu Fixed a bug that could give guests read-only access to the admin panel.
- Post revision history! You can allow other users to see your edits in your profile settings.
- Fixed the registration queue not showing usernames for suspected sockpuppets.
- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is having a free weekend from the 11th to the 13th. Expect giant pink rabbits everywhere.
Update scheduled for 23:00 UTC.
- Several urgent security fixes. (already applied locally)
- The composer no longer automatically opens drafts that are already open in another tab.
- Navigation menu items can now be set to only display to guests.
- There is now the ability to make new users' posts wait to be approved. [Staff, click here for discussion]
- Removing a user from a group now also removes their title if they are using that group's title.
- Did not look directly into the sun.
/post/[pid]no longer leaks the topic title if the user does not have access to the topic.
- Rearranged LESS and JS files to be better compartmentalized.
- Added @PJH's Bing verification to the header.
- A bunch of iframely fixes for error handling.
- Fixed revision history crashing all over the place. (already applied locally)
- If you have an Inedo.com profile, you can list your WTDWTF username there.
Update scheduled for 04:04 UTC.
- Updated to NodeJS 8.
- Path of comes out in two weeks!
- Upvotes and downvotes are now displayed if they are from @boomzilla.
- Stop chat search list resetting when one is selected
- [User (x)] in chat shouldn't have the (x) if they're the 'last user'
- Users with 0 or lower reputation require moderator approval to post. (policy already in effect, but I figured I'd post it here)
- Email notifications are fancier.
Update scheduled for 22:00 UTC.
- Updated CSS for The Impossible Mission (from @Yamikuronue)
Fixed The Impossible Mission CSS affecting non-topic pages. This is an optional update, so feel free to not refresh if it doesn't affect you.
****Need funny name for NodeBB update**** update
Update scheduled for 22:00 UTC.
- You can disassociate SSO accounts from your forum account.
- I added a thing that caches posts indefinitely and it sped up my test forum noticeably.
- Holy shit it's been a long time since the last update.
- Dogs no longer petition for asylum when returning from vacation.
That one too: https://what.thedailywtf.com/post/1271465
Update scheduled for 03:00 UTC
- Hey mods I got you a Christmas present
- From now on, other than urgent security patches, we will be using point releases of NodeBB instead of the latest Git version. Here is the list of tickets closed between 1.7.1 and 1.7.2
- I lied in the previous bullet point because 1.7.2 contains a "feature" where users with underscores in their names can't log in.
- SSO plugins now have an option to disable one-click registration. We probably won't use this, but it's nice to have.
- Added steganography for a Lounge subcategory.
- Because ctrl+enter is core functionality for the composer now, I've removed the "shortcuts" plugin that we were using only for that.
- NodeBB has a different default emoji plugin now, so there may be some turbulence around the time of the update because it won't default to our usual set during the update process. (It will be back to normal shortly.)
- Save Net Neutrality
Late patch notes:
- Cleared the post cache due to the new emoji URLs.
- Added some padding to the top of the mobile composer as a workaround until it can get fixed.