- @Hitoshirenu-Shourai is subbing in for @error in The Impossible Mission
- Fix Firefox
<details>when using a non-default color scheme
- Apparently EmojiOne changed and ?
- Fix crash when a YouTube video did not have a duration.
This update will occur at 17:00 UTC today.
Fix crash when a YouTube video did not have a duration.
Another one. The problem was with videos removed by youtube: https://github.com/boomzillawtf/nodebb-plugin-youtube-embed/commit/8c70bf0dad363da8c71c707fb528e3979eea0f89
Scheduled for 23:00 UTC
- Added popcorn button to instance restarts thread. [note to @mods: don't lock the instance restarts topic - @shadowmod has permission to reply but not to moderate the Staff forum]
- Fixed composer autocomplete being completely broken for people who scroll in their web browsers. https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/pull/79
- Fixed resizing the composer on touch screens. https://github.com/NodeBB/nodebb-plugin-composer-default/pull/80
- Tags are no longer eaten by the composer when editing the OP. https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/issues/5291
- Disabled "double click to lose all of your notifications" feature.
- Instance restart notifier now waits 1 minute instead of 2 before checking which instances restarted in the last minute.
25/12 06:24:45  - error: [4567/1521] [youtube-lite] error looking up video id: [IluRBvnYMoY] 25/12 06:24:45  - error: [4567/1521] Error: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND www.googleapis.com www.googleapis.com:443 at errnoException (dns.js:28:10) at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:76:26) 25/12 06:24:45  - error: [4567/1521] [youtube-lite] error parsing pid 747729
I added Google's DNS servers as fallbacks, so hopefully this won't happen again.
Scheduled for 19:00 UTC
- Added popcorn button to song of the day thread.
Scheduled for 07:00 UTC
- @value is now allowed in conditionals, which get stripped out of posts anyway so who cares.
- They added tests which apparently means "added one test and then changed some indentation in a JSON file".
- Removed the executable bit on some SVG files because we're not savages.
- Undocumented quick-reply feature that we aren't going to enable because why would you need a quick reply option when the composer opens from anywhere you want on the page.
- Pinned topics use the move cursor. Admins can re-order pinned topics.
- FIRST BUGFIX OF THIS PATCH: fixed chats with no messages saying "Invalid Date".
- Released version 5.1.58, 4.1.94, and then 4.1.95 of the theme we use with no changes between them, in that order.
- Tags can be whitelisted per-category.
- You can now add tags to a search query.
- Admin panel is now localized.
- Fixed "Restarting from ACP causes js from plugins to be included twice".
- "prevent crash if topic is not found".
- Removed a bunch of old schema upgrade stuff.
- Global mods can change user avatars.
- Removed double-click to mark all notifications read!
- Added confirmation dialog before removing group and user cover pictures.
- Scrolling in chat no longer scrolls the whole page.
- oops, missed the colon
- HEY, IT'S @loopback0
- By the way there were like a billion updates to Chart.js.
- Tags cannot be added to new topics from the Recent or Unread pages. Workaround: create your topic from a category page. It doesn't matter which one.
- Fixed adding tags to new topics
- Fixed necro notification text
Scheduled for 21:00 UTC
- Single sign-on plugins now set email verification status
- There is now a confirmation before kicking users from a group
- Topics now track which user deleted them
- Votes can be viewed by non-moderators by clicking the post score.
Update scheduled for 04:00 UTC.
There are no server-side code changes. The update includes some CSS changes for Mafia and a light gray background for fa- emoji on dark themes.
Update scheduled for 02:00 UTC
- Mafia GM highlight for Mafia XVIII - Forum Mafia
- Shame-o-meter added to registration and password change pages.
- Administrators can set a minimum password strength, which is enforced client-side.
- Front page comments login now accepts email address.
- Per-user moderation notes now remember who added them.
- Users will now be forcibly removed from underprovisioned NodeJS processes.
- Fixed chat edits affecting all open chat windows.
- Fixed an infinite loop if 256 users signed up with the same username.
- Clicking on some images will now download them instead of opening them larger.
Update scheduled for 05:00 UTC
Partial revert because WHO INTRODUCES LITERAL BREAKING CHANGES TO THE STABLE CHANNEL RIGHT AFTER AN URGENT BUGFIX
Update scheduled for 16:00 UTC
- Users are now warned when their post contains an uploaded screenshot of notifications or topic listings from the lounge, the staff forum, or a private Mafia category.
- As a side effect, topic listings in categories with image backgrounds listed above have skin-specific opaque colored backgrounds.
- @sockdevs this update changes notification text for notifications containing a post, topic, or category ID, so if you're doing string matching, you'll need to modify your regular expressions.
- Fixed the HTML injection vulnerability that everyone named @RaceProUK had fun with.
Well, it looks like I waited too long between updates. This one's gonna be big. Basic functionality tested.
Update starts at 22:30 UTC.
An update is scheduled for 17:15 UTC. delayed by 15 minutes to give the build process more time
The update includes fixes for:
- Uploads failing due to missing file extensions
- Replies not being shown
The entire set of changes is this commit: https://github.com/boomzillawtf/tdwtf/commit/9b9f28be2abb7e4badc55ca8edbf102b50da86cc
Well, it's not like it can get more broken.
Update starts at 22:30 UTC.
Update scheduled for 19:00 UTC
- User-specific CSS can now be set in user settings.
- Everyone likes it when the Emoji One set completely changes, right?
- Added and
- Posts can no longer have 1 replies.
- Fixed chat layout on mobile.
Happy Memorial Day weekend, @area_usa!
Cherry-picked https://github.com/NodeBB/NodeBB/commit/937d6dd4dfa5694c2f2d41ef2ab1089aee6301a8 so the category edit page doesn't crash the entire forum.
Edgar the NodeBB Updater Programmed entirely in mom's basement by Edgar c2017
Scheduled for 17:30 UTC.
- Deleting the search database now requires an additional click to confirm.
- That composer patch I wrote in February was accepted, so now mobile is less different.
- We switched from underscore to lodash, but I'm not sure if those words even mean anything.
- Group membership approval is now part of the administrative log.
- Fixed editing category permissions crashing the entire forum. (already applied locally)
- Admins can edit a different category without scrolling through the entire category list again.
- NodeBB now supports non-category categories for organization like Community Server did.
- Fixed logging in on a page with a query string appending
?loggedinto it as if it didn't have a query string already. Gosh.
- Unread notification counts are updated in all tabs.
- Topic+index links now work for users with pagination enabled.
- Fixed the chat buttons on the flag page doing absolutely nothing.
- Added and .
- Added a huge number of Dilbert characters and also apparently whoever Todd is.
- Removed mahjong emoji.
- FontAwesome apparently had an update.
- They changed the category selector thingy on the composer and that broke uploads completely, but I fixed it.
- Oh, you can upload files with no extension now if you're into that sort of thing.
Update scheduled for 16:15 UTC.
Update scheduled for RIGHT NOW OH GOD IT'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU.
- Search no longer removes double quotes.
Update scheduled for [redacted].
- EmojiOne changed a bunch of stuff, including getting longer.
- NodeBB changes not noteworthy apart from one that one of the @administators will explain later.
nodebb-plugin-youtube-embed has been re-enabled with some debugging-in-production code added.
Update scheduled for 17:00 UTC.
- Formatting buttons select the correct text if the original selection contained whitespace.
- GM highlight CSS for Mafia XX
- YouTube embed anti-crash patch (already applied locally)
Update scheduled for 02:00 UTC.
- There are no longer 3 wisdom teeth in my mouth as of Tuesday.
- Google, GitHub, Twitter, and Yahoo login no longer requires going to an obscure redirect page.
- Mages are now female by default.
- Please do not look for new emoji in this update.
- Fixed iframely image embeds being terrible.
- Fixed iframely constantly reloading the embed when typing in the composer.
- You can now search within a topic, and more search results are returned (ten times higher default limit, 50 -> 500).
- Widgets are now loaded with the page instead of through a separate ajax request.
- The progress bar thingy no longer sticks when going to the home page.
- Maximum upload size has been increased from 2MiB to 8MiB per file.
@barisu Fixed a bug that could give guests read-only access to the admin panel.
- Post revision history! You can allow other users to see your edits in your profile settings.
- Fixed the registration queue not showing usernames for suspected sockpuppets.
- Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire is having a free weekend from the 11th to the 13th. Expect giant pink rabbits everywhere.