Discofont hijinks

• HTF do you set the font in Dicksores markup? This really need to be in a monospace typewriter font to make the joke work best, and I can't find the DiscoMentation for jack shit.

• Easiest is to use triple backticks: ``` on the preceding and succeeding lines (like posting code).

• Thanks. That was close to what I wanted, but not quite. I was able to get it as I wanted using the <pre> tag, but that still leaves the question of how you would style the text with an arbitrary font and size. I've tried <span> and <div> tags with CSS styling, the BBcode [font] tag, and a few other things, but no dice so far.

• @ScholRLEA said:

how you would style the text with an arbitrary font and size.

<small> tags work, sort of. I think that's about the extent of the control that you have.

• Damn, that's so... Discourse.

• [size=3][ size=3 ] is deemed too small [ /size ][/size]

[size=4]But size=4 is considered perfectly readable, apparently[/size]

[size=14][ size=14 ] is about normal size [ /size ][/size]

I would like this [size=16]size=16 text to be on its own line[/size] but Discourse adds line breaks.

[size=32]This text is surrounded by [⁠size=32][⁠/size] markup [/size]

[size=40]size=40 is as big as you can get. Note that if I were to write a longer text — long enough to wrap into another line — text becomes overlapped because the line spacing isn't big enough compared to the size of the letters. This makes the text somewhat harder to read[/size]

[size=41][ size=41 ] is too big :giggity:[ /size ][/size]

• My apologies to the thread owner for my previous post.

I forgot to check if it was yours before posting.

• You could just not post that bullshit in ANY threads. Just a thought.

• sockdevs

@blakeyrat said:

You could just not post that bullshit in ANY threads. Just a thought.

it would be a very quiet forum if noone posted bullshit.

By my estimation 99.9% of this forum is one of:

• bullshit
    • discussion about bullshit
    • complaining about bullshit
    • discussions about complaining about bullshit
    • complaining about discussions about bullshit

or more formally:

bullshit ::= 'bullshit'
    complaint ::= 'complaint about' [ bullshit | discussion | complaint ]
    discussion ::= 'discussion about' [ bullshit | discussion | complaint ]
    Discourse ::= bullshit | discussion | complaint

• I don't really understand why it bothers you, you just have to scroll past it.

...oh

I understand

• You left out the complaints about complaints about other complaints. Which, now that I think about it, may indeed be covered by your third bullet point.

• sockdevs

well generally the initial complaint in that chain is either bullshit or about bullshit, so yes the BNF covers that.

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.