Has anyone read @Nagesh's profile?

• @Weng said:

but also in the "Fuck you just click through the SSL warnings" manner

In that case, the malware is installed directly into the user's brain.

• @xaade said:

Apparently it's McDonald's policy now that if it isn't ready when you pull up to the second window, they immediately make you park.

I think I've only had to park once or twice in all the decades I've been going to McDonald's. Unless all they have to do is grab a pre-made burger and stick it in a bag, it's never ready. Even if there is no special order, if they're busy enough that people are buying burgers or fries faster than they can make them, or it's not busy enough to pre-make the burgers, or if they have to fill a drink, one has to wait. If they enforced a policy like that, almost every customer would have to park, which would defeat the entire purpose of having a second window.

• ♿ (Parody)

The best ones to go to are the those that are insanely busy at lunch or breakfast, and they have several people outside taking orders and money. You almost don't stop moving at all.

• @boomzilla said:

people outside taking orders and money

I can't recall seeing any around here that are that busy, but about the only time I get fast food is if I'm heading home from work really late and don't feel like fixing something when I get home.

• ♿ (Parody)

@HardwareGeek said:

I can't recall seeing any around here that are that busy, but about the only time I get fast food is if I'm heading home from work really late and don't feel like fixing something when I get home.

Lunch (especially) and breakfast around places where there are a lot of workplaces are the best bets.

• If I wanted to go there for lunch or breakfast. However, I'm not sure McD ever qualifies as a "best bet1." If I really want a burger for lunch on a workday, I'll walk across the street to Five Guys.

1Unless, maybe, you're in a foreign country and don't want to take a chance on the local delicacies.

• ♿ (Parody)

@HardwareGeek said:

However, I'm not sure McD ever qualifies as a "best bet1.

Fucking foodies. Get over yourselves. It's not 5 star dining (or 3 starts if you're a Michelin star deflation type), but the food is decent and pretty consistent and ubiquitous.

• @boomzilla said:

the food is decent

Sort of

@boomzilla said:

pretty consistent
    Yes

@boomzilla said:

ubiquitous
    Yes, and fairly reasonably priced, too. Burger King and Taco Hell are cheaper, but there aren't any nearby work. There is a Taco Hell on my way home, but, well, it's Taco Hell, and there's a better 24-hour Mexican drive-through just down the street.

• @HardwareGeek said:

If I wanted to go there for lunch or breakfast. However, I'm not sure McD ever qualifies as a "best bet<sup>1</sup>." If I really want a burger for lunch on a workday, I'll walk across the street to Five Guys.

<small><sup>1</sup>Unless, maybe, you're in a foreign country and don't want to take a chance on the local delicacies.</small>

My sister and her husband ate a lot of McD's in New Zealand after they found out that the local cuisine did not agree with them.

• @boomzilla said:

Fucking foodies. Get over yourselves. It's not 5 star dining (or 3 starts if you're a Michelin star deflation type), but the food is decent and pretty consistent and ubiquitous.

I've eaten there maybe twice in the past 5 years, and I don't miss it at all. I don't exactly eat healthy, but I don't like their food at all.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@xaade said:

Of course, all those stores were Taco Bell or McDonalds.

Attention people, I have identified TRWTF.

• I didn't pull up and park because they have to send a person outside of the store to you, whenever they get the will to do so. One time I refused to park and the clerk then promptly handed me my order that she was holding. The split second for her to hand to me put her in the red. It wasn't about customer service.

One clerk lied that there was a customer behind me around the corner. The two minute wait proved her wrong.

One time I did park and it took 15 mins to get a simple order. I watched mine sitting on the counter, because I also watched them walk it out to me.

So I have good reasons for why I refuse. 90% of the time it wasn't to keep people from waiting, it was to satisfy their delivery speed test. Which, makes it a lie, since me pulling forward didn't have anything to do with me getting my order.

I ordered a simple combo. I wasn't being a jerk, and I'm not the only one to refuse to park.

Shit didn't happen to the 20 other people in line, and surely when they pulled forward after waiting for me (for a shorter period of time than it takes to microwave the damn meal) their orders were ready.

If I'm the jerk in this scenario then so be it, what I've learned is that McDonald's drive through model doesn't work for me. I'm happy with that.

I can easily just go to Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Arby's, Burger King, Taco Cabana, Kolache Factory, Starbucks, and the countless other businesses where I've never had to park.

Then the impatient twits in the McDonald's line won't have to wait for me, I won't be singled out for McDonald's failure, and I'll be waiting in line where there are reasonable expectations for food delivery. Everyone's happy.

• They're trying to implement an asynchronous workflow to make it more efficient for their customers, and you're mad.

Repeatedly saying that it was a simple combo is like saying that you don't use Try/Catch for the most basic operations, since they couldn't possibly fail.

You, sir, are TRWTF.

• ♿ (Parody)

@xaade said:

So, microwave society is so important that we have to break the functionality of drive through.

TDEMSYR. I really don't see the big deal between waiting off to the side for a couple of minutes or waiting next to the window. Except that doing that makes the whole process more efficient.

@xaade said:

I ordered a simple combo. I wasn't being a jerk, and I'm not the only one to refuse to park.

Yes you were. Who fucking cares what you ordered? The point is that it wasn't ready. Just because some other people were being assholes doesn't mean you weren't being one, too.

@xaade said:

I can easily just go to Jack in the Box, Wendy's, Arby's, Burger King, Taco Cabana, Kolache Factory, Starbucks, and the countless other businesses where I've never had to park.

That's fine. Those sorts of places are always a lot slower, but whatever.

• @xaade said:

I didn't pull up and park because they have to send a person outside of the store to you, whenever they get the will to do so. One time I refused to park and the clerk then promptly handed me my order that she was holding. The split second for her to hand to me put her in the red. It wasn't about customer service.

One clerk lied that there was a customer behind me around the corner. The two minute wait proved her wrong.

One time I did park and it took 15 mins to get a simple order. I watched mine sitting on the counter, because I also watched them walk it out to me.

So I have good reasons for why I refuse. 90% of the time it wasn't to keep people from waiting, it was to satisfy their delivery speed test. Which, makes it a lie, since me pulling forward didn't have anything to do with me getting my order.

This wasn't a part of my post when you replied.

So. I'll repeat it.

I didn't pull up and park because they have to send a person outside of the store to you, whenever they get the will to do so. One time I refused to park and the clerk then promptly handed me my order that she was holding. The split second for her to hand to me put her in the red. It wasn't about customer service.

They get a slight speed increase for a few customers by creating poor service for one customer.

I can't trust that my food won't be ready in the next 10 seconds, because I've been lied to, too many times.

So, I refuse. And I find places where that isn't a problem.

• ♿ (Parody)

OK, your McDonald's is TRWTF here. I've never seen that sort of thing, and if mine did that, I wouldn't go back either.

• Well, not only can Chic Fil'A deliver with the same speed. They also never ask people to pull forward.

So, that's where I go whenever I need fast food now.

• @xaade said:

Well, not only can Chic Fil'A deliver with the same speed. They also never ask people to pull forward.

So, that's where I go whenever I need fast food intolerance now.

FTFY

• ♿ (Parody)

@xaade said:

Well, not only can Chic Fil'A deliver with the same speed.

Yes, because your McDonald's is TRWTF. Chic Fil'A is very slow IME.

• ♿ (Parody)

@chubertdev said:

FTFY

That's bullshit.

• My opinion on the matter.

They want equal, let's give it to them.

Marriage should not be a legal status.

You have a will, put on that who can see you in the hospital, or pull your plug, or divide your estate.

You have a kid, they're a dependent on one income only.

There's absolutely no need for marriage in the government. It's a private matter.

• ♿ (Parody)

My main point with calling out @chubertdev's bullshit being, the people saying stuff like "Chic Fil'A is teh haterz" don't even know what the guy said. But they like heard that those guys totally hate the gays and stuff, so it must be true. I'm sure Jon Stewart confirmed it.

• What's truly intolerant is a culture group that preaches tolerance yet doesn't let people that don't believe with them have a non-profit status (IRS scandal).

Forcing pastors to go against their convictions and marry homosexuals (See Washington and 'freedom equals living out one's convictions').

Harassing and silencing pro-life women, or women that regret abortion.

Harassing and silencing people who have same-sex attraction but don't want to live in a same-sex relationship.

Harassing and silencing Africans who say Islam is bad.

Harassing and silencing people for being concerned about the failures of the government.

Or people who don't understand that prohibiting a Teacher praying in private on public property is making a law prohibiting the 'free exercise thereof'.

• @boomzilla said:

My main point with calling out @chubertdev's bullshit being, the people saying stuff like "Chic Fil'A is teh haterz" don't even know what the guy said. But they like heard that those guys totally hate the gays and stuff, so it must be true. I'm sure Jon Stewart confirmed it.

My analysis of my last comment is that it was a B*****min' joke.

• ♿ (Parody)

Fair enough.

• BINNED

@boomzilla said:

the people saying stuff like "Chic Fil'A is teh haterz" don't even know what the guy said.

What's worse, they don't care, otherwise they would have made at least a token effort to find out. It's all about being one of the Good Guys, Hooray for Our Side, that sort of thing.

I really do love this place, somehow we've got from Nagesh's profile to a fast food holy war, bigotry and marriage as an institution.

Filed under: and well done because nobody has mentioned the Nazis yet... oops!

• @DoctorJones said:

Filed under: and well done because nobody has mentioned the Nazis yet... oops!

You know who else mentioned the Nazis? Hitler!

@mott555 said:

You know who else mentioned the Nazis? Hitler!

Fuck that guy, if it wasn't for him I could go around looking like Charlie Chaplin!

@xaade said:

If I'm the jerk in this scenario then so be it, what I've learned is that McDonald's drive through model doesn't work for me. I'm happy with that.

Or perhaps you just found a defective store. I've seen that--when I was in college, the closest one was incompentent and couldn't make things right. How hard is "an egg McMuffin with Canadian bacon?" Yet they got it wrong, I dunno, a dozen times before I finally gave up going to that store.

Now if you've been to a bunch of 'em and it's a regional thing, that's another matter. Maybe they're all owned by a scumbag franchisee, in which case you should complain to corporate on the off chance that will help.

• Oh I got on the phone with the owner.

"I'm just saying, if you refuse to pull forward, an owner, not me, but just saying, can refuse service."

"Well, then, I think I've decided that this store's drive through just doesn't meet my expectations. I guess I can just take my prerogative and boycott it's drive through"

"Oh, you don't need to say that. Don't say boycott it's drive through."

"Look, I get it, you have your prerogative to follow policies, let me take my own and just take my business elsewhere."

"Oh, you don't have to say that. I don't want you to have to say that."

"You act like you'll get into trouble for me going somewhere else, yet you can't perform as I need because of your policies. So which is it? Did you fail or not? I don't have to explain why I'm going somewhere else, I'm doing you a favor here. The guy behind me was threatening me. That could have been avoided by simply not announcing to everyone what you told me to do."

"Well, Just know, other owners, not me, can refuse you service. I just want you to know that. I might not, but others can."

I was emailed later from a regional what the policy is.

No one addressed the fact that the clerk yelled out to everyone that I needed to pull forward.

I only wanted to let them know why I wasn't coming back. I'm not a good customer for them, and they aren't meeting my expectations. It seems mature enough that I just go somewhere else. This whole, but I want you to act like the customer I need, so conform to me and come back just shows me where their priorities lie.

I'm customer # 787392001029, and I'm not going back.

• @FrostCat said:

it's a regional thing

That's what my experience has been where I live (slow getting your order to you and having you pull ahead and park, not messing up orders).

Only one store is the better of the bunch, and when there has been a wait, all but one time it's the manager bringing the food out with a couple coupons "for to the inconvenience".

• What is this topic even about?

• Xaade is bizarrely abusive to minimum-wage fast food workers.

@ben_lubar said:

What is this topic even about?

Not dwarf fortress or lojban.

• They don't have drive-throughs in DF?

• I see gfycat still hasn't fixed that bug.

http://giant.gfycat.com/ScaryPointedAurochs.gif

• BINNED

@FrostCat said:

Not dwarf fortress or lojban.

Or Go

• BINNED

@aliceif said:

They don't have drive-throughs in DF?

You really had to ask? ? ?

• 🚽 Regular

@ben_lubar said:

I see gfycat still hasn't fixed that bug.
    They haven't replied to my email reporting the bug. I'm not holding my breath.

I scrolled the page as your video was doing its own scrolling in the opposite direction. In was an interesting effect.

• 🚽 Regular

Btw, thanks for making me download a 30 MB GIF file. My laptop enjoyed the thrashing.

• BINNED

Your call is very important to us (but not important enough to hire enough reps at minimum wage to handle it in a timely manner).

• I love the ones that add a fake "the phone was picked up" click sound every 20 seconds.

I think it resets the timer in your subconscious so you forget how long you have been waiting. It's only when you become aware that this might be a tactic that it no longer works.

Hell, it froze my computer up for about 3 minutes. I had to power-cycle it.

Ben's obsession is getting dangerous to others. It might be time to institutionalize him.

• @FrostCat said:

Hell, it froze my computer up for about 3 minutes. I had to power-cycle it.

Ben's obsession is getting dangerous to others. It might be time to institutionalize him.

We could just ban him from here, and I'm fairly certain nature would take its course otherwise.

• ♿ (Parody)

I de-oneboxed his fucking gyfcat posts.

@Arantor said:

We could just ban him from here, and I'm fairly certain nature would take its course otherwise.

I bet Discurse doesn't let you squelch users, which is too bad.

Ben's kinda-sorta funny about one post in 17, but I don't think that would stop me from squelching him if were an available feature. At least @blakeyrat provides unintentional houmour[1] on a regular basis.

[1] yes.

• 🚽 Regular

@boomzilla said:

I de-oneboxed his fucking gyfcat posts.
    Thanks. I shudder thinking of the day Ben will get a better internet connection.