Paula Bean cameo





  • Goddamn that is one hideous-looking game.



  • Nice find.



  • Just what the world needs: Minecraft clones. At least this one adds dragons, which are the bacon of video games; they make everything better.



  • @bstorer said:

    Just what the world needs: Minecraft clones. At least this one adds dragons, which are the bacon of video games; they make everything better.

    Minecraft has (a) dragon. Or so I'm told.



  • This game combines shitty Minecraft graphics with shitty fantasy game graphics rejected by a PS2 game. Apparently. Because they look like ass.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    This game combines shitty Minecraft graphics with shitty fantasy game graphics rejected by a PS2 game. Apparently. Because they look like ass.
     

    It's very colorful though! Reminds me of TL2!



  • @dhromed said:

    It's very colorful though! Reminds me of TL2!

    I will kill you for even comparing those two games. Murderville USA.



  • I am literally halfway across the world from you.

    Bring it.

     

    checks google earth

    Oh, it's only 25%, actually.



  • Look euro-face, yeah, Torchlight 2's graphics are low-res, but that game isn't first person-- the camera's always at least 25 feet away from the action. In addition to that, unlike this stupid ass block game, the artists for TL2 did this crazy thing called "actually lining up the textures correctly". Look at this:

    Take a BIG LONG LOOK:

    I hope you love you some hover-spikes. Or the rapidly and randomly changing resolution of his skin. (Detailed on the neck, blurry ass on his shoulder, detailed haunch, blurry-ass tail.) Or how his wings don't even seem to connect to anything, they're just glommed-on like that time you super-glued a 12" replica Batmobile to your cat. He also has some kind of rogue poly sticking out of his wing, but just one of them... lopsided dewclaw with the wrong texture? Who even knows, it's a fucking mess. And that's the FIRST IMAGE ON THEIR SLIDESHOW INTENDED TO SELL THE GAME. THAT IS LITERALLY THE BEST THEY CAN DO.

    The poor assholes who made Drakan *had* to have dragons look like that because of technical limitations-- but oh wait, they did a significantly better job:

    I wouldn't be surprised one bit to learn this game just ripped-off its models from some old game (hell, maybe they're even from Drakan-- nobody remembers that game), had an idiot (or perhaps a blind idiot) redraw the textures, then shitted it into the Steam "Early Access" sewers hoping nobody would notice before they could take the money and run.


    Oh, and here's what a dragon in Torchlight 2 looks like:



  • @blakeyrat said:

    Look euro-face, yeah, Torchlight 2's graphics are low-res, but that game isn't first person-- the camera's always at least 25 feet away from the action. In addition to that, unlike this stupid ass block game
     

    Dud, I wasn't even attacking the game or whatever.

    I've seen TL2. Its graphics are obviously much better than this... unskilled nonsense. But thanks for the legwork. I like pictures.



  • @dhromed said:

    Dud, I wasn't even attacking the game or whatever.

    I've seen TL2. Its graphics are obviously much better than this... unskilled nonsense. But thanks for the legwork. I like pictures.

    AND YET I AM STILL VERBALLY SMACKING YO ASS DOWN!

    Let's just outright turn DailyWTF forums into Twitter.



  • I FAIL TO SEE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR POST



  • @dhromed said:

    I FAIL TO SEE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR POST

    Oh that's it, let's go! I'm buying airfare! Give me your address!!

    It costs that much? Ok, well I have his address, I'll just call and have 24 pizzas-- they don't have pizza delivery in Europe? FUCK.



  • @dhromed said:

    I FAIL TO SEE THE SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR POST

    #BringBackOurPolygons



  • @blakeyrat said:

    they don't have pizza delivery in Europe? FUCK.
     

    I can't hear you over the sound of me chewing this delicious ordered pizza.



  • @dhromed said:

    I can't hear you over the sound of me chewing this delicious ordered pizza.

    Also Europeans eat like pigs.



  • I saw a lot of dragons in this thread, but none of them are chromed, so here's one that is:



  • @blakeyrat said:

    @dhromed said:
    I can't hear you over the sound of me chewing this delicious ordered pizza.

    Also Europeans eat like pigs.

     

    gasp



  • @Ben L. said:

    I saw a lot of dragons in this thread, but none of them are chromed, so here's one that is:

     

    If you want my attention, you just have to be yourself, and you don't have to dig up half-forgotten but public stuff on the internet because that just makes you look creepy, understand?

     



  • @dhromed said:

    @Ben L. said:

    I saw a lot of dragons in this thread, but none of them are chromed, so here's one that is:

     

    If you want my attention, you just have to be yourself, and you don't have to dig up half-forgotten but public stuff on the internet because that just makes you look creepy, understand?

     

    I've posted that picture before. In fact, it's the first result on Google for "picture of morbiuswilters".



  • @blakeyrat said:

    @dhromed said:
    I can't hear you over the sound of me chewing this delicious ordered pizza.

    Also Europeans eat like pigs.

    They root out whatever slop they can find from a mixture of mud and their own shit?



  • @bstorer said:

    They root out whatever slop they can find from a mixture of mud and their own shit?
     

    Yes, this is true.

     

    Especially for the French.



  • @Ben L. said:

    A little less than halfway through the video.
    Brillant. Just brillant.




  • @blakeyrat said:

    Let's just outright turn DailyWTF forums into Twitter.
    Cool! Somebody invite Rocky Lobster!



  • @El_Heffe said:

    @blakeyrat said:

    Let's just outright turn DailyWTF forums into Twitter.
    Cool! Somebody invite Rocky Lobster!

    Maybe we could get the Notes guy back, too.



  • @Ben L. said:

    I've posted that picture before. In fact, it's the first result on Google for "picture of morbiuswilters".

    You know, you're not helping your "not creepy" case here. Especially since the only photo you post over and over is of Dhromed.



  • @blakeyrat said:

    they don't have pizza delivery in Europe? FUCK.

    Wow, really? Fuck, Europe is gayer than I thought.

    I can't get pizza delivered to my house, but at least I ain't in fucking Yurop.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    the only photo you post over and over is of Dhromed.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    I can't get pizza delivered to my house, but at least I ain't in fucking Yurop.
    "For the last time, sir, we do not deliver to back-alley dumpsters. And even if we did, a jar of hobo piss is not an acceptable form of payment."



  • @bstorer said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    I can't get pizza delivered to my house, but at least I ain't in fucking Yurop.
    "For the last time, sir, we do not deliver to back-alley dumpsters. And even if we did, a jar of hobo piss is not an acceptable form of payment."

    I told you--it's not hobo urine, it's unicorn urine. He was just in his tramp form at the time.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @bstorer said:
    @morbiuswilters said:
    I can't get pizza delivered to my house, but at least I ain't in fucking Yurop.
    "For the last time, sir, we do not deliver to back-alley dumpsters. And even if we did, a jar of hobo piss is not an acceptable form of payment."

    I told you--it's not hobo urine, it's unicorn urine. He was just in his tramp form at the time.

    You can buy it on Steam!


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.