So I got this job offer...

• @morbiuswilters said:

1. "Well, humans are just animals

I disagree. Humans are a subset of animals. There is also the set of people, which overlaps, but is not a strict superset or subset of humans.

• @Ben L. said:

Humans are a subset of animals.

Dr. Moreau, is that you?

• @Ben L. said:

I disagree. Humans are a subset of animals.

Jesus Christ, that's what "humans are just animals" means. It doesn't mean "the only animals are humans, and only humans".

Seriously, if you're going to engage in pedantic dickweedery, at least try to be correct.

• @Ronald said:

It's like Jack Thompson blaming GTA for all the violence in today's society.

The Greater Toronto Area certainly incites a lot of violence in me..

@Ronald said:

He's actually going to the cat shelter to pet cats. This is disturbing.

Really? It seems nice. Honestly, they probably also need people to clean litter and feed and stuff, but at least he's doing something..

@Ronald said:

It's like Ted Bundy volunteering at the rape crisis center (which he did).

Dude probably got tired of selling shoes all day..

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Ronald said:
    This being said, could be a matter of taste but I find the idea of someone torturing animals less disturbing than someone volunteering to pet animals at the local cat shelter. Sounds more genuine.

No, that sounds fucking crazy. Like, legitimately "lock the son of a bitch up and throw away the key" nuts. Let me fill you in on the next steps you're going to go through:

1. "Well, humans are just animals, so what's so wrong with torturing humans?"
    2. Kidnapping women from the Aldi parking lot and taking them back to your basement.
    3. ???
    4. Die in a hail of gunfire.
    Ooh!  I think I know what #3 could be.  Is it "Film an epic 3-part review of the Phantom Menace"?

• @DaveK said:

Is it "Film an epic 3-part review of the Phantom Menace"?

Those reviews are pure beauty.

• @Ronald said:

@Ben L. said:

Dr. Moreau, is that you?

That's not at all what that book was about.  Check out it out wheez:  http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/159/.

• @Atticus said:

@Ronald said:

@Ben L. said:

Dr. Moreau, is that you?

That's not at all what that book was about.  Check out it out wheez:  http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/159/.

I don't care what Steve Guttenberg says about it, it's the story of the Godfather transforming animals in half-humans. If you don't see why calling humans a subset of animals is a correct association with the book then all that time you spent not writing more than 12 post in the last 5 years was wasted.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@DaveK said:
    Is it "Film an epic 3-part review of the Phantom Menace"?

Those reviews are pure beauty.

He raises a lot of good points about the films, but I think the reviews are ruined by the whole inserts about his Villain Sue character.

• Considered Harmful

@MiffTheFox said:

Villain Sue

You've wasted hours of my life.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Not to mention the fact that it would have gotten you out of Madison-fucking-Wisconsin.

Madison's actually a pretty great place to live.

• @Cat said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

Not to mention the fact that it would have gotten you out of Madison-fucking-Wisconsin.

Yeah, that's what it said on the brick that the Madison Tourism Council threw through my window. I don't believe it for a second, but you can tell they spared no expense on the brick.

• @morbiuswilters said:

@Cat said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

Yeah, that's what it said on the brick that the Madison Tourism Council threw through my window. I don't believe it for a second, but you can tell they spared no expense on the brick.

Madison's actually pretty awesome. Nothing like Milwaukee.

• @Ben L. said:

Madison's actually pretty awesome. Nothing like Milwaukee.

You all look the same to me.

• Fun fact: I once called the Madison, WI police department after I got in a car accident (nobody was hurt, and I wasn't at fault) in Madison, AL. I just typed "madison police" into Google and blindly dialed the first result.

• @Cat said:

There's actually very few states that my brain considers "liveable," mainly because most of them get categorized based off of a single characteristic. Wisconsin? The entire state is a dairy farm. Every single square foot is taken up by fields full of cows and the entire thing smells like cow shit and cheese. Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota? Corn fields. Oklahoma? Tornados. Texas? Mexicans and mostly illiterate rednecks. Florida? Cubans and mostly illiterate rednecks in a swamp. Ohio? College football. Alaska? Canada but with more racists. Delaware? Nothing. There is nothing in Delaware.

Interestingly, some/most foreign countries actually get more than one characteristic in my brain. England? London and the cliffs of Dover. Ireland? Dublin* and that scene from the end of Monty Python's the Meaning of Life. Wales? Sheep (oops, we're back to one). Spain? Madrid, Valencia, and Majorca (but Spain gets three, so it evens out). Russia? Moscow and Siberia. Australia? Sydney and desert. Brazil? Carnival and the Amazon.

On the other hand, some countries get combined. Columbia and Bolivia? Cocaine and guerillas. And Africa? Egypt, the Congo, and South Africa.

*Unrelated: if you look up Dublin on Google maps, about 10 - 15 miles west there are huge orange patches. What the hell is that? Someone please educate me, maybe Ireland can get another entry. Unless it's potato farms or some shit like that.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Florida? Cubans and mostly illiterate rednecks in a swamp.
    I know nearly nothing about the US, but even I know that Florida is full of elderly people dressed in flower-pattern shirts living in trailers by the beach.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

And the continent of Africa?

FTFM.

• So when you think of Georgia do you think of the rednecks or of Atlanta?

• @Zecc said:

I know nearly nothing about the US, but even I know that Florida is full of elderly people dressed in flower-pattern shirts living in trailers by the beach.

Don't forget the cannibals.

• @MiffTheFox said:

So when you think of Georgia do you think of the rednecks or of Atlanta?

Peach trees. Mississippi? Rusted out cars on blocks. Louisiana? Interview with a Vampire. Arkansas? Bill Clinton's home state.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Alaska? Canada but with more racists.

So just live away from other people.  That's pretty easy to do up in AK.

• Considered Harmful

@locallunatic said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

I can bear temperatures of 110°F, but not -10°F. No, thank you.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

@Cat said:

There's actually very few states that my brain considers "liveable," mainly because most of them get categorized based off of a single characteristic. Wisconsin? The entire state is a dairy farm. Every single square foot is taken up by fields full of cows and the entire thing smells like cow shit and cheese. Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota? Corn fields. Oklahoma? Tornados. Texas? Mexicans and mostly illiterate rednecks. Florida? Cubans and mostly illiterate rednecks in a swamp. Ohio? College football. Alaska? Canada but with more racists. Delaware? Nothing. There is nothing in Delaware.

Interestingly, some/most foreign countries actually get more than one characteristic in my brain. England? London and the cliffs of Dover. Ireland? Dublin* and that scene from the end of Monty Python's the Meaning of Life. Wales? Sheep (oops, we're back to one). Spain? Madrid, Valencia, and Majorca (but Spain gets three, so it evens out). Russia? Moscow and Siberia. Australia? Sydney and desert. Brazil? Carnival and the Amazon.

On the other hand, some countries get combined. Columbia and Bolivia? Cocaine and guerillas. And Africa? Egypt, the Congo, and South Africa.

*Unrelated: if you look up Dublin on Google maps, about 10 - 15 miles west there are huge orange patches. What the hell is that? Someone please educate me, maybe Ireland can get another entry. Unless it's potato farms or some shit like that.
    Some assholes got drunk and took about 3,000 spray cans out there.  The ground is seriously orange.

• @drurowin said:

Some assholes got drunk and took about 3,000 spray cans out there.  The ground is seriously orange.

Drunken shenanigans. Figures. But street view disagrees with you, looks like it's farmland of some description. So yeah, fucking potatoes.

• @joe.edwards said:

@locallunatic said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

Also, I don't care for Canadians.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

@joe.edwards said:
    @locallunatic said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

Also, I don't care for Canadians.

And?  You wouldn't be anywhere near anyone, so you wouldn't need to deal with them (also we tend to be less polite than Canadians).

• @mikeTheLiar said:

There's actually very few states that my brain considers "liveable," mainly because most of them get categorized based off of a single characteristic.

Mass? Chinless alcoholics who can't drive and apparently only live for the 7 months of snow so they can sit inside and watch sports (and drink).

• @joe.edwards said:

I can bear temperatures of 110°F...

And this is why I cannot live in TX. Oh, there are some things to love about it, but it's too motherfucking hot. Also, most of the state is a wasteland, although the hill country is nice.

• @morbiuswilters said:

Mass? Chinless alcoholics who can't drive and apparently only live for the 7 months of snow so they can sit inside and watch sports (and drink).

Yeah, that's pretty good (that's too many characteristics, though). I was trying to come up with one but I'm too close to the trees to see the forest, I could only think of specific areas. Massachusetts: people who take sports way too seriously. I frequently find myself thinking that I'm the only person in this state who does not give a single solitary fuck about sports.

But the driving is fucking horrendous, too.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

(that's too many characteristics, though).

"They're also anal-retentive assholes who feel they must correct every single thing you say."

@mikeTheLiar said:

But the driving is fucking horrendous, too.

Also, not many hot babes. They all have those bad English genes which result in (as my friends call them) "New England teeth" and oddly-shaped heads.

Then add to that the general cold indifference of New Englanders, and it can be a trying place. Oh, and it's crammed full of left-wing nutjobs (where else on Earth would Ted Kennedy be admired??). Although, I did find it very easy to get a concealed carry permit, so it's not all bad.

I didn't mind the driving that much. Once you get used to it, it's kind of beautiful. Like, I don't know how more people aren't dying all the time in car wrecks, but you see very few fatal injuries. I think the chaos actually makes people more alert and on their toes.

• @morbiuswilters said:

"They're also anal-retentive assholes who feel they must correct every single thing you say."

Pedantic dickweedery, you say? Besides, I wasn't correcting you (but I am now!), merely restating a set of arbitrary rules that I pulled out of my ass. And finally, I agree with everything morbs just said!

• @joe.edwards said:

@locallunatic said:

@mikeTheLiar said:

-10°F is mild. -45°F is where the real fun begins.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Pedantic dickweedery, you say?

Puritanical didacticism, actually.