THE BAD IDEAS THREAD

• @boomzilla said:

@mikeTheLiar said:
    @joe.edwards said:
    Unicode is the worst encoding except all those other encodings that have been tried from time to time.

Goddam. This encoding is the worst, you are all the worst, and Unicode, you're the worst of the worst.

Unicode would probably be OK if they had actually decided on an encoding.

I think the bad thing about unicode is how it breaks all assumptions programmers have about text. For example: characters always stay on the same line you drew them (see those posts above), it's possible to tell one character apart from a different one without having to use a hex editor, the text in one location can't affect text after it, etc.

This means now you have to "sandbox" user-provided text if you don't want it to affect your layout. For example, a certain site I visit adds a single line to user posts: name + subject + date. One of the users realized that if you put a right-to-left override on the end of your name, and a left-to-right embed after your (backwards) subject, you can make the subject appear after the name and date, and confuse the hell out of the other users. It's not major site breakage, but it's not something that users should be able to do. For a more serious example: files named "Document-201.ann[right-to-left override]cod.exe", or the "unicode phishing" that used to be possible (domains like "paypal.com", except the second a is a different character than the standard latin a).

And lots of other stuff like invisible characters to bypass filters, etc. So, in the end, most programmers end up restricting unicode characters to a small whitelist to avoid trouble, ruining the point of unicode.

• @Ben L. said:

All the people with the default shitty avatar are shitty trolls.

Sir, I challenge you to a duel.

• Considered Harmful

@anonymous234 said:

So, in the end, most programmers end up restricting unicode characters to a small whitelist to avoid trouble, ruining the point of unicode.

So maybe there need to be certain well-defined subsets of Unicode (maybe "web safe"?) and simple APIs to restrict or validate against those subsets.

• @joe.edwards said:

@anonymous234 said:
    So, in the end, most programmers end up restricting unicode characters to a small whitelist to avoid trouble, ruining the point of unicode.

So maybe there need to be certain well-defined subsets of Unicode (maybe "web safe"?) and simple APIs to restrict or validate against those subsets.

So basically:

• No U+202E
    • there are no other codepoints on this list
    • well, maybe zero width non breaking space

• Considered Harmful

@Ben L. said:

@joe.edwards said:
    @anonymous234 said:

So basically:

• No U+202E
    • there are no other codepoints on this list
    • well, maybe zero width non breaking space

T̵̎͊̈̒͝ȟ̵̛̹͎̤̬̦͍͓͕̮̃̆̈́̓̀͘͜͠͠ā̷̛̛̓̂̿͑t̵͑ ̵͔̖̥͙̘̝̫͔̯̽̓͐̈́̄̏̈́̈́͘͘ͅs̶̡͕͎̺͎̩̘̙̖͔͂͋̉̏̄̑̏̈́͊͝h̷̍͊͛͗͘o̶͊͋̌̓͐͆ų̵̛̤͎̰͔̲̩̪͕̩͊̔͋̓̄́̕͘͝ĺ̶̡̧̢̛̛̬̯͈̼͙̟̂̀̈́̔̂̀͠ͅd̷̨̯̹̳͎̥̳͖̈́͋̆̑̿̾͌̒̂̄͜ͅ ̵̲̫̠̪̜̱͙̲͖̬͒͋̎̉͛͐͐̓̕̚t̸̽̉̔͗̃å̷͑͌̂̓̂̄̕͝k̸ȇ̵͆̇ ̸̨̠̼̮̬̮͖̥̠͉̑̋̾͊̎̽̔̓̑͠c̵̨̳͇͕͙̫̙̗̲̯̀̽͊̅͋̆̈́̈͠͝a̸͌̓̈͛͝͝r̷̹̳͎̳̬̺͓̹̘̈́̃̋̈́̑̅̄̔̄̊͜e̸ ö̷́͆̃͊͌̐̈́f̴̨̘̱̯̦̣̝̮͖͕̔͂̏̇̇͒̈̆̚͠ ̷̎̌̇̑̈̈́͗̌͠e̴v̶̥͍͉͔̪͇̹̳͍̬̂͐̆͒̇͊̍͋͛͘e̵̛̺͈̬̹̤̖̥̯̜̋̋͐̽͛̉͘͜͝͝r̴̂̽̀̿̚ȳ̷t̷̛̞̬͉̹̼̖̗̼͎͊̽̆̃̂͗̽̕̚ͅĥ̵̓͑͘͝ĭ̴̓̓͑n̵̢̦͇͖̖̭̯̱̩̈̌͋̉͑̎̎̓̽͌͜g̴̢̧̛̙̪̤̭͚͕̖̞̍̉͌̆͐̓͑̓͝.̴̏͆̅̓̽̎̑

˙ƃuıɥʇʎɹəʌə ʎləʇnlosqɐ

• wat wat in de buurt

• I made a blakeyrant generator.

Although the web.
    So nice try, but we're not telepathic.
    If you don't like the IT community, I'm not telling other people.
    Well fuck them then.
    If you're interviewing for an American is that it's 40,000 times easier to use the Github username email and fileserving is a good moderation system?
    VOTE BLAKEY 2016!
    The visual is for.
    Try to keep up.
    You literally can't do anything even slightly related to making your browser window the same number of posts returned with each other in such a way to be turned off.
    I was hired in the above-posted screenshot.
    Now show me where the trains on the Internet.
    Blah blah, demonstrably he couldn't wet his beak, so he asks me if I'm reading a newspaper photographer would hang out in Windows and compared to other languages?
    But that's just insane crazytalk.
    I would hope that it frequently fucks up.
    Can't use my Twitter joke, they might have to see if it was all wonky!
    My employer doesn't the OS X.
    Is that seriously what you're talking to us in a confusing manner, not only useless, they're anti-useful they'll lead you in the inbox saying that for both commands and compare the results of this project, I can translate that.
    Other than the person who has no JavaScript debugger thread from ages back, the reason some people are making new directories.
    Or any of the McLaren P1 on the page, but I'm trusting the OP that the majority of them, or did they contact him?
    You are the exact same activity feed, instead of reading AMY-01 it reads 10-YMA Oops!
    If you need a copy of the editor and copy-and-paste the text in, but it should take my winnings jack shit about.
    Why hasn't the vastly superior OS wasn't updating the preview is 100 read at all in the background texture that's visible, and resized from a plug-in, Firefox pukes itself and returns to them.
    The extra 'i' means extra zing.
    Maybe the next 5 minutes.
    Although the shareware thing would have a little too accessible.
    Maybe they lack suspensions.
    Cool good to know other people don't know what people's minds can do about it being a bit?
    Not in sidebar.
    Sometimes they have a single Apache instance.
    Of course it adds value.
    The problem comes when people take this sniper rifle and cover me.
    Excel also has issues copying.
    Their lead dev the Ruby guy had a pretty big WTF.
    Not only did Bethesda design their mod tools for people to search for a koosh ball.
    I'll have a cursor position, except during the millisecond in which case bravo, it's working.
    What's the WTF.
    Now I might be maybe one sentence that kind of weird time-warp where they can make anything you can set the mouse?
    But it's also on iOS or DS.
    Do you honestly think I'm lying?
    It's bad software.
    If you have a shitty text editor, it's not just you, it's tons of issues too.
    The only thing I ever bought for my Git projects, even if it supported HTML emails.
    You're missing the point of the puzzles repeat and once you figure?
    But it could be true.
    Didn't we all post WTFs like this idea, as long as you can assume you're one of the fucking US, Rod Sterling is a fucking stupid reason in DOTA2 and then air-drop the killer mutant worms on North Korea.
    9 of people back in 1995.
    Presumably replicators don't scale well, and one used a managed language, halve your development time talking or debating skill is making all of those tiny insignificant words that I do the smoothing.
    Let's assume this is really good releases in that screenshot appears to be utterly, completely broken right now, you realize how idiotic Apache's design is, and I'm completely incompetent to get a cookie.
    2 Users shouldn't have to be true.
    I'm saying it was an insider feeding them information long after I entered college, I'd already set up a DOM.
    THEN WHY THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE ON YOUTUBE GODDAMNED!
    What's a choice with the composite personalities of 37 Hitlers combined.
    Every though every previous Elder Scrolls and Charr in Guild Wars 2 fee to travel to a fee service that allows them to the practice of software?
    Game doesn't tell us you're not interested at all.
    I could host it on the right of the commons.
    Unfortunately, it was discovered long after the problem despite having wide use, it still had some liquid inside it.
    EDIT and while I'm using ASP.
    Google Reader from my university career.
    But I can think of either still store binary formats, or never stored binary formats in the park or sightseeing, but we all decide decades ago.
    Why would I assume your co-workers.
    You are a hero which is an idiot and a clear error message, because Git is a good fucking point.
    Faster submarines wouldn't have any patience for sitting on my team.
    Don't bother putting a site that uses document.
    Your framerate will not budge by changing that setting.
    Oh yes I saw that episode, the Daleks which is it ok that Publicis owns both Razorfish and Digitas?
    Why does it mean?
    But your mouse motion will be a human!
    Yandex is a response to a Booru?
    I never fucking even KNOW how their own program-- now the front page.
    ashx files and dependencies tracked in a coherent episode of a Bayesian filter shared with completely random people, who are just making you hate him or not is just a bunch of extra bullshit telling you which is just a slight modification of game mechanics in the last time you write a query like this In addition to everything else, he has no learning curve.
    It doesn't make any kind of have to, because Linux users!
    Then it's over.
    How is that text-based configuration sucks shit.
    FUCKING USELESS BUGGY PIECES OF SHIT!
    But that's just a bunch of tasks, two thirds of which I've posted here ages ago but I can't fathom.
    Well, the other VMs.
    I left because for the first year because they're running the Profiler is like 3 times in the main site so you don't have your permission slips signed.
    I mean by all means I have a mediocre UI but it's not your customer's.
    I understand every word up to 2 weeks of working with other human beings.
    People who wear suits when not in here to be used safely leaving out the magical Internet fairy delivers unto you the source code running on.
    For example, murder the guy in leather to punish you?
    Catapult's pretty recognizable.
    BTW that review Fennec posted is excellent and so it'll never happen because of psychological studies that proved that it started life as a table, something FUCKING 100 PERFECTED by FUCKING 1984 and programmers STILL don't fucking alphabetize all the hard work of fiction, but it didn't behave oddly on its own borders.
    The magical hovering flashlight!
    The boss wants to discourage me from ever using their UI, which makes them extraordinarily difficult for them.
    As soon as you don't I will admit they have almost zero complaints about the iron trench which is an even weaker excuse than the Pentium 4 , he wasn't SERIOUSLY SUGGESTING doing nothing at all.
    I still don't have all the open source open source tools are sure buzzword-compliant though.
    It only exists to promoting its use exclusively for everything.
    I gave up before he got to be shat on.
    Why would they be logged into the map and it JUST FUCKING WORKS.
    Especially when the variable goes away.
    Why does that for me and call you a wanker, or ignorant, or whatever, you're going to replace Boomzilla as worst person on these None, if it's relevant in 2013?
    Haha it's funny when you need a practical example as to why!
    And companies never hire under-educated interns to work with.
    So it's still stupid.
    Basically where Java is shit.
    It's such an American is that little gem.
    I don't know the kind of game performance vs.
    I think 2000 didn't.
    And Mac Classic didn't even have a Windows 7 key that's activated with no sounds-- so I can tell dice roll.

•  Call me when you've made a markov generator that actually writes good text. Not even kingjamesprogramming can amuse me now.

• ♿ (Parody)

@dhromed said:

Call me when you've made a markov generator that actually writes good text. Not even kingjamesprogramming can amuse me now.

Context is key. Instead of a wall of generated text, they need to be measured amounts in response to actual stuff. But that's just a bunch of tasks, two thirds of which I've posted here ages ago but I can't fathom.

• Needs more worst of the worst. Also, way more reasonable than an actual blakeyrant.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

Needs more worst of the worst. Also, way more reasonable than an actual blakeyrant.

I modified my code to only output a string if it contains the substring "worst".
    You are the worst, and mikeTheLiar you're the one where you get one with the power of telepathy has dire consequences for every one of our time! It's much more than me. But ask yourself this: why should you know it. You haven't even had my coffee yet.

• @Ben L. said:

You are the worst,

"worst" is Dutch for "sausage"

• @dhromed said:

@Ben L. said:

You are the worst,

this is sausage to me

• @Ben L. said:

@dhromed said:

@Ben L. said:

You are the worst,

this is sausage to me

>:|

• @dhromed said:

@Ben L. said:

You are the worst,

The Dutch make the worst sausage?

• @Mike Hunt said:

No,we make the sausage worst.

This is so that we can make chocolate out of it, and cook soup from it.

• @dhromed said:

@Mike Hunt said:

No,we make the sausage worst.

This is so that we can make chocolate out of it, and cook soup from it.

Sausage chocolate is the worst.

• @dhromed said:

@Ben L. said:

You are the worst,

So mikeTheLiar is the sausage of the sausage.

• @El_Heffe said:

@dhromed said:

@Ben L. said:

You are the worst,

So mikeTheLiar is the sausage of the sausage.

Ich bin ein Frankfurter.

• Translating weirds language.

• I just got an email from CS telling me that I reported a spam post.

1. I am not a mod, so I can't do anything
    2. I don't have access to the "reporting forum"
    3. I reported this. Maybe, just maybe, I already know what I reported.
    4. When reporting a post as spam, Community Server requires that I enter a title and body for the report. (What the hell am I supposed to put in those fields, anyway?)

• @Ben L. said:

When reporting a post as spam, Community Server requires that I enter a title and body for the report. (What the hell am I supposed to put in those fields, anyway?)

I've often wondered that myself. I usually either put in a reference to SPAM or something about false passports.

• @mikeTheLiar said:

@Ben L. said:
    When reporting a post as spam, Community Server requires that I enter a title and body for the report. (What the hell am I supposed to put in those fields, anyway?)

I've often wondered that myself. I usually either put in a reference to SPAM or something about false passports.
    It doesn't matter. One of the mods posted on the side-bar a while ago that you just need to type a single character into one of the fields (I don't think it had to be both, but I don't remember which one), and he'll get it and figure out the rest. Sometimes I type something meaningful anyway, especially if spam has been posted in multiple fora and I don't feel like reporting each one individually, like "Look in General Discussion and Jokes, too."

• Additionally, mods are not sitting in a room waiting for a red light to go on and a pc speaker to beep. I browse Not Read by default, so I see any and all crap that comes by.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@HardwareGeek said:

One of the mods posted on the side-bar a while ago that you just need to type a single character into one of the fields [...]and he'll get it and figure out the rest.
    That'll have been me. As you can see from the screenshot, we get a link to the post and a copy of the body automatically - and that's all we really need. Smart-alecs who decide to fill the body of their report with garbage (wikipedia article on yogurt of all things) simply make it difficult to locate the link.

You know who you are.

• This speed test was done while uploading a file at a max of 50 kilobits per second.

• A game show with three doors: one has a bitcoin miner, the other have a PC with installation of Outlook that beeps when you switch doors. You must switch three times.

• @dhromed said:

A game show with three doors: one has a bitcoin miner, the other have a PC with installation of Outlook that beeps when you switch doors. You must switch three times.

What makes you think both doors with a PC with installation of Outlook that beeps when you switch are actually relevant. Why not the PC in the producer's office?

• Blakeyrants translated into Dutch

• Trolleybus Mechanic

@El_Heffe said:

Blakeyrants translated into Dutch

The Dutch learning to Blakeyrant.

• @Lorne Kates said:

@El_Heffe said:

Blakeyrants translated into Dutch

The Dutch learning to Blakeyrant.

Hoewel het web.
    Dus leuk geprobeerd , maar we zijn niet telepathisch .
    Als je niet van de IT-gemeenschap , ik ga niet andere mensen te vertellen .
    Nou neuken ze dan .
    Als je interviewen voor een Amerikaan is dat het 40.000 keer gemakkelijker te gebruiken de Github gebruikersnaam e-mail en fileserving is een goede moderatie systeem?
    STEM BLAKEY 2016 !
    Het visuele is voor .
    Proberen te houden .
    Je kan letterlijk niets ook maar enigszins in verband met het maken van uw browservenster hetzelfde aantal posten terug met elkaar op een zodanige wijze te worden uitgeschakeld doen .
    Ik werd ingehuurd in de hierboven geplaatst screenshot .
    Laat mij nu waar de treinen op het internet .
    Blah blah , aantoonbaar kon hij niet nat zijn snavel , zodat hij vraagt ​​me of ik het lezen van een krant fotograaf zou hangen in Windows en in vergelijking met andere talen ?
    Maar dat is gewoon krankzinnig CrazyTalk .
    Ik hoop dat het vaak verkloot .
    Kan mijn Twitter grap niet gebruiken, zouden ze moeten zien of het was allemaal geknakt !
    Mijn werkgever niet de OS X.
    Is dat serieus wat je bedoelt om ons op een verwarrende manier , niet alleen nutteloos , ze zijn anti - nuttig ze je leiden in de inbox te zeggen dat voor beide opdrachten en de resultaten van dit project te vergelijken , kan ik dat vertalen .
    Anders dan de persoon die geen JavaScript debugger draad van alle eeuwen terug , de reden dat sommige mensen zijn het maken van nieuwe mappen .
    Of een van de McLaren P1 op de pagina , maar ik vertrouw de OP dat de meerderheid van hen , of hebben ze contact met hem ?
    U bent exact dezelfde activiteit voer, in plaats van het lezen van AMY - 01 leest het 10 - YMA Oops!
    Als u een kopie van de editor nodig en kopieer - en - plak de tekst in , maar mijn winst jack stront moet nemen over .
    Waarom is niet de enorm superieure OS werd niet updaten de preview is 100 lezen op alle in de achtergrond structuur die zichtbaar is , en de grootte van een plug-in , Firefox pukes zich en keert terug naar hen.
    De extra 'i' betekent extra pit .
    Misschien is de komende 5 minuten .
    Hoewel de shareware ding een beetje te toegankelijk zou hebben.
    Misschien missen ze schorsingen .
    Cool goed om te weten andere mensen niet weten wat de gedachten van mensen kunnen doen over het feit dat een beetje ?
    Niet in de zijbalk .
    Soms hebben ze een Apache instantie .
    Natuurlijk het waarde toevoegt .
    Het probleem komt wanneer mensen nemen deze sniper rifle en dek me .
    Excel heeft ook problemen te kopiëren.
    De voorsprong dev de Ruby man had een vrij grote WTF .
    Niet alleen heeft Bethesda ontwerpen hun mod hulpmiddelen voor mensen om te zoeken naar een Koosh bal .
    Ik zal een cursor positie , behalve tijdens de milliseconde , in welk geval bravo , het werkt.
    Wat is de WTF .
    Nu zou ik misschien een zin zijn dat soort rare teruggegaan in de tijd waar ze alles wat je kunt de muis instellen kan maken?
    Maar het is ook op iOS of DS .
    Denk je echt dat ik lieg ?
    Het is slechte software .
    Als je een shitty tekstverwerker , het is niet alleen u, het is tonnen problemen ook.
    Het enige wat ik ooit gekocht voor mijn Git projecten , zelfs als het wordt ondersteund HTML e-mails .
    Je mist het punt van de puzzels herhalen en zodra je erachter ?
    Maar het kan waar zijn.
    Hebben we alle berichten WTFs willen dit idee , zo lang als je kunt aannemen dat je een van de verdomde VS , Rod Sterling is een fucking domme reden DOTA2 en vervolgens aan de lucht laten vallen van de moordenaar mutant wormen op Noord-Korea niet .
    9 mensen in 1995 .
    Vermoedelijk replicators niet goed schaal , en men gebruikt een beheerde taal , halveer je ontwikkeling tijd aan het praten of discussiëren vaardigheid is het maken van al die kleine onbeduidende woorden, die Ik doe de smoothing .
    Laten we aannemen dat dit is echt een goede releases in die screenshot lijkt volkomen te zijn , nu helemaal kapot , realiseer je je hoe idioot Apache 's ontwerp is , en ik ben incompetent om een cookie te krijgen .
    2 Gebruikers moeten niet waar te zijn .
    Ik zeg het was een insider te voederen informatie lang nadat ik college ingevoerd , zou ik reeds een DOM .
    Waarom is er mis met mensen op YOUTUBE verdomde !
    Wat is een keuze met de samengestelde persoonlijkheden van 37 Hitlers gecombineerd .
    Elke alsof elke vorige Elder Scrolls en Charr in Guild Wars 2 vergoeding te reizen om een ​​vergoeding dienst die hen in staat stelt om de praktijk van software ?
    Game vertelt ons niet dat je helemaal niet geïnteresseerd .
    Ik kon het hosten op de rechterkant van de commons .
    Helaas werd ontdekt lang nadat het probleem ondanks uitgebreid gebruik, het had nog wat vloeistof erin .
    EDIT en terwijl ik met behulp van ASP .
    Google Reader uit mijn universitaire carrière .
    Maar ik kan bedenken van een van beide nog opslag binaire formaten , of nooit binaire formaten opgeslagen in het park of sightseeing , maar we beslissen decennia geleden .
    Waarom zou ik neem aan dat je collega's .
    Je bent een held , die is een idioot en een duidelijke foutmelding , omdat Git is een goede neuken punt .
    Sneller onderzeeërs zou geen geduld voor het zitten op mijn team .
    Doe geen moeite om het zetten van een site die document gebruikt .
    Uw framerate geeft geen krimp door het veranderen van die instelling .
    Oh ja ik zag die episode , de Daleks dat is het ok dat Publicis bezit zowel Razorfish en Digitas ?
    Waarom betekent het?
    Maar uw muis beweging zal een mens zijn!
    Yandex is een reactie op een Booru ?
    Ik heb nooit verdomme eens hoe hun eigen programma - nu de voorpagina .
    ashx bestanden en afhankelijkheden bijgehouden in een coherente episode van een Bayesiaanse filter gedeeld met volledig willekeurige mensen , die net waardoor je hem haten of niet is gewoon een stel extra onzin vertellen die slechts een kleine wijziging van de game mechanics in de laatste keer je schrijft een vraag als deze naast al het andere, heeft hij geen leercurve .
    Het hoeft niet elke vorm van te maken moeten , omdat Linux -gebruikers !
    Dan is het voorbij .
    Hoe is dat tekst-gebaseerde configuratie zuigt stront .
    FUCKING ONZIN BUGGY STUKKEN VAN SHIT !
    Maar dat is gewoon een stelletje van taken , waarvan tweederde Ik ben hier eeuwen geleden geplaatst , maar ik kan niet doorgronden .
    Nou , de andere VM's .
    Ik omdat verliet voor het eerste jaar omdat ze het uitvoeren van de Profiler is als 3 keer in de belangrijkste site , zodat u niet hoeft uw toestemming slips ondertekend.
    Ik bedoel met alle middelen Ik heb een middelmatige UI , maar het is niet uw klant.
    Ik begrijp dat elk woord tot 2 weken van het werken met andere mensen .
    Mensen die pakken dragen wanneer het niet wordt hier gebruikt worden veilig weglaten van de magische fee internet levert tot u de broncode draait.
    Bijvoorbeeld , vermoorden de man in leren om je te straffen ?
    Catapult is vrij herkenbaar.
    BTW die beoordeling Fennec geplaatst is uitstekend en het zal nooit gebeuren als gevolg van psychologische studies die bewezen dat het begon het leven als een tafel , iets FUCKING 100 geperfectioneerd door FUCKING 1984 en programmeurs nog steeds niet neuken alfabetisch al het harde werk van fictie , maar het zag er niet vreemd gedragen op haar eigen grenzen .
    De magische zwevende zaklamp !
    De baas wil me ooit gebruik van hun UI , waardoor ze buitengewoon voor hen moeilijk maakt te ontmoedigen.
    Zodra je dat niet doet zal ik toegeven dat ze hebben bijna geen klachten over de ijzeren loopgraaf dat een nog zwakker excuus dan de Pentium 4 , hij werd niet serieus suggereren helemaal niets doen .
    Ik snap nog steeds niet alle open source open source tools zijn zeker buzzword - compliant wel.
    Het bestaat alleen op het bevorderen van het gebruik ervan uitsluitend voor alles .
    Ik gaf het op voordat hij te scheet op .
    Waarom zouden ze worden aangemeld bij de kaart en het JUST FUCKING WERKEN .
    Vooral wanneer de variabele verdwijnt.
    Waarom heeft dat voor mij en bel je een wanker , of onwetend , of wat dan ook , je gaat Boomzilla vervangen als slechtste persoon op deze Geen, als het relevant in 2013 ?
    Haha het is grappig als je een praktisch voorbeeld nodig waarom !
    En bedrijven nooit te huren onder opgeleide stagiaires om mee te werken .
    Dus het is nog steeds dom.
    In principe waar Java is shit .
    Het is zo'n een Amerikaan is dat juweeltje.
    Ik weet niet het soort spel prestaties versus
    Ik denk dat 2000 niet.
    En Mac Classic had niet eens een Windows 7 key dat is geactiveerd zonder geluid - dus ik kan worp vertellen .

• I told you it was a bad idea.

• Best Bad Idea Of The Year

Get caught plagarizing, use Yahoo Ansers to plagaize an aplogy.

In 2012 actor Shia LaBeouf** produced a short film which appeared in several film festivals. There were no credits in the movie other than “A Film By Shia LaBeouf." and in interviews he said the script was based on details from his life. It turns out that he lifted the whole thing, almost verbatim, from a comic book and when caught, he issued an apology on Twitter which is almost exactly the same as something that was written about plagarism by another person on Yahoo Answers 4 years ago.

** Apparently this is a real person and not a made up name.

•  Maybe he should practise to use footnote or mentioned from where author he got that message.

• Discourse touched me in a no-no place

@Ben L. said:

MODS = DELETED

As you may have realised by now, few (if any) of the active mods have any control over that part of the site.

• I submitted my Dwarf Fortress site to Bing, Yahoo, and Google on the same day. Here it is a few days later in each search engine.

• @Ben L. said:

I submitted my Dwarf Fortress site to Bing, Yahoo, and Google on the same day. Here it is a few days later in each search engine.
    And your point is? Are you touting the fact that Google was faster to index your site than Bing and Yahoo!? Are you ridiculing Google because they think the aspose.com ad is related to your Dwarf Fortress site (apparently) just because they do .NET and your URL contains ".net"? Are you just touting your site here? All of the above?

And why on the Bad Ideas thread? Are you saying that your site is a bad idea, or submitting it to search engines is a bad idea?

• @El_Heffe said:

Get caught plagarizing, use Yahoo Ansers to plagaize an aplogy.
    A Shia LaBeouf** followup, as reported by Wired.@Wired said:
    The only thing differentiating him from the asshole in your creative writing workshop who insists that his cliches are secretly high art is that LaBoeuf is famous and has a platform.

In 2012, LaBoeuf released a short film called Howard Cantour to significant critical acclaim, which lasted until last month, when someone finally noticed that the film was a word-for-word plagiarism of the comic Justin M. Damiano by Ghost World cartoonist Daniel Clowes. LaBoeuf issued a series of bizarre and increasingly hostile apologies and challenges, which not only included skywriting but in several instances turned out themselves to have been plagiarized from a slew of sources. Soon, it came to light that LaBoeuf had plagiarized large portions of his 2012 comics from works by Charles Bukowski and French novelist Benoît Duteurtre. Meanwhile, LaBoeuf continued to taunt Clowes on Twitter “announcing” his next short film “Daniel Boring” — the name of another Clowes comic. This eventually prompted a C&D letter from Clowes’s attorney, which LaBoeuf of course then tweeted.

** Apparently this is still a real person and not a made up name. 

• @HardwareGeek said:

And why on the Bad Ideas thread?
    Dwarf Fortress @HardwareGeek said:
    your site is a bad idea?
    Sounds about right. @HardwareGeek said:
    submitting it to search engines is a bad idea?
    Considering that the number one search result for "moadm" is "Life on the Road", then I would say yes.

• @El_Heffe said:

@HardwareGeek said:
    And why on the Bad Ideas thread?
    Dwarf Fortress

One of my dwarves had a baby that was injured during childbirth. She (the baby) lost function in both hands. Now the baby is two and is capable only of eating and drinking, presumably by lowering her head into the barrel and sucking up the roasts and/or beer.

•  The Dwarves are Turkish/Anatolian?

• @dhromed said:

The Dwarves are Turkish/Anatolian?

It merits the trouble to exhibit a description of a part of Glenogle's Grampian mountains, disjointed in the time of the generations past ; which event happen about the twilight, that the dread of the horrible sight seized the beholders with fear, ultera the comprehension of the individual, discernible to their sight. The pillars of fire rising from the parting of the rock, where there was a cement, the stones forcibly dashing one against another, that the melancholy sight was similar to a corner of mountain set wholly on fire, also overhearing such a loud noise of the stones break at juncture ; which vociferous might reach the ears of the people living at great distant. This place perceptible to view of the beholders that passes by.

-- Shia LaBeouf

•  My life is henceforth filled with a great uncertainty.