Certified secure

• @Cassidy said:

@ender said:

How about buying digital content only to have it remotely deleted and not even being given an explanation why? Is that right?

Depends on what the agreement said.

Were you buying it outright, or were you buying a licence to use it (renting it from the owner) and thus subject to their conditions?

Need a bit more context there - possibly an example or two - Ender, ol' chum.

Not even the recording industry can figure that one out.

• @MiffTheFox said:

Not even the recording industry can figure that one out.

Yeah..... that practice sounds blatently underhand and immoral - recategorising something so it falls outside of the contract to skew the division of income.

• @Cassidy said:

It may be widespread, but that doesn't make it right - just tolerated and commonplace. But it's still wrong.

Agreed, the problem is that sometimes there is no good solution to the point that even the goverment does it... so there is no legal and correct way to do it.

@Cassidy said:

@atipico said:

In my country, ilegally downloading music, movies and TV series is the norm. Most CD stores are almost always empty.

.. and people don't relate cause and effect there?

They do, I think, but at least my country is sometimes affected by a miopic if not outright incompetent way of doing stuff compounded by fear of doing something different and ending as a scapegoat, hopefully it will change and I will be alive to see it