Finally!! Grunting to be eliminated from tennis

• http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wta-aims-drive-excessive-grunting-160228314--ten.html

@Breaking News said:

The WTA says it is working with Grand Slam tournaments and the International Tennis Federation to ''drive excessive grunting'' out of tennis.

In a statement, the women's professional tour says it is developing a ''sport-wide plan'' to keep future players from grunting by educating them and instituting rule changes.

The WTA had said in January it was looking at ways to deter players from grunting, noting then that ''some fans find it bothersome.''  USA Today reported the plan includes developing a device for umpires to measure grunting during matches, and a rule to set limits on how much noise is acceptable.

• I'll await the Onion follow-up on this one...

• Bushido, anyone ?

•  This is a bad move. One of the only true reasons most people watch tennis is to watch two women fight to control a fuzzy ball, while expertly handling a long smooth shaft and making an inordinate number of exertion noises.

... Now I suddenly want to take a recording of a Pong game and sync a tennis match soundtrack to it.

• @BC_Programmer said:

This is a bad move. One of the only true reasons most people watch tennis is to watch two women fight to control a fuzzy ball, while expertly handling a long smooth shaft and making an inordinate number of exertion noises.

... Now I suddenly want to take a recording of a Pong game and sync a tennis match soundtrack to it.

Speaking of pong: This

• @DescentJS said:

Speaking of pong: This

I'm sure it's a very humorous satire linking two unrelated subjects in an attempt to prove cause and effect but anyone who decides that their default body text should be Comic Sans MS should BE ANALLY FUCKED WITH A CONCRETE BOLLARD WHILST GAGGING DOWN ON A TRAMP'S CRUSTY CROTCHPIECE FORCE-LISTENING TO 130 DECIBELS OF BEIBER BULLSHIT UNTIL THEY FART THE NATIONAL ANTHEM consider a more aesthetically-pleasing typeface.