Office Bullshit

• @nonpartisan said:

Upper management has decided that we must have our own social page on our SharePoint site. We must have a profile picture. It cannot be an avatar. It must be a head shot. We must maintain it. And as if to add insult to injury, they feel it necessary to tell us that our photos can't be photos of us in bathing suits.

When my workplaces have done this they have always just come around with a digital camera and taken photos of us at our desks. This solves all the problems of a bathing suit / back of head / crowd scene / extreme close up nature and the pictures are of a suitable size and format*. It's also nice that they are making the running with getting what they need rather than just farming it off to you as another thing you don't have time for.

• @RTapeLoadingError said:

When my workplaces have done this they have always just come around with a digital camera and taken photos of us at our desks

Last time I got my photo taken like this was when we got the Canon 5D MkII - and they wanted to play with it and all the other new toys that go with it (flashes, shades, etc). Nice camera: costs an order of magnitude more than my happy snapper! :-/

• @Power Troll said:

Siding with blakeyrat here, even though I think he's a management type (just a guess, but w/e). You guys are pretty much huge nerds wrt the fake pics and stuff. It's pretty b-team although by no means unexpected.

And here we have TRWTF: expecting people on the TDWTF forums not to try to pick holes in a specification.

• @Zemm said:

@RTapeLoadingError said:
    When my workplaces have done this they have always just come around with a digital camera and taken photos of us at our desks

Last time I got my photo taken like this was when we got the Canon 5D MkII - and they wanted to play with it and all the other new toys that go with it (flashes, shades, etc). Nice camera: costs an order of magnitude more than my happy snapper! :-/

Did they do it full on photo-shoot style with the silver umbrella and backdrops?