Java supports multiple inheritance, sometimes

• I'm inclined to agree.

Libraries are IMO generally fine.

Frameworks, however, which generally require your code to be "just so" (and so are quite intrusive) often seem to be used without regard to their utility.  The overhead of using the framework can often be greater than the overhead of just doing things "by hand", but that never stops anyone.

The perception appears to be that frameworks are "free", but I've never found one for which this is true.

• @DrPizza said:

I'm inclined to agree.

Libraries are IMO generally fine.

Frameworks, however, which generally require your code to be "just so" (and so are quite intrusive) often seem to be used without regard to their utility.  The overhead of using the framework can often be greater than the overhead of just doing things "by hand", but that never stops anyone.

The perception appears to be that frameworks are "free", but I've never found one for which this is true.

Libs are usefull, but it takes a framework (or better a lot of them) to make an application enterprisy. But the real problem with frameworks is that people don't understand that a framework must - by definition - put some restrictions on what your apps can do when they are based on that framework. Frameworks are most usefull when they impose a lot of restrictions and this restrictions match the requirements of the application.
    But...
     a) people decide to use frameworks without understanding the restrictions, just because they are "state of the art"
    b) framework builders underemphasize those restrictions because they believe their frameworks are for "general use" and they don't want to scare away potential users