Was I Wrong?

• @RTapeLoadingError said:

So it's not dumb, it's a con.  Which is a shame because I like just about everything else about the Go card.

I'm on a train right now (Wednesday morning) and was thinking: "Most" people would travel max twice a day (to and from work, 5 times a week). After 10 trips in the week all trips are free until Sunday night , so it would be free to go shopping Saturday morning and clubbing Saturday night and recovering Sunday.I guess that could be worth it some people, but I drive some days so don't usually get my 10 trips.

• @Zemm said:

I'm on a train right now (Wednesday morning) and was thinking: "Most" people would travel max twice a day (to and from work, 5 times a week). After 10 trips in the week all trips are free until Sunday night , so it would be free to go shopping Saturday morning and clubbing Saturday night and recovering Sunday.I guess that could be worth it some people, but I drive some days so don't usually get my 10 trips.

I guess my travel pattern is a bit different to most people - I agree that that the general commuter pattern is to and from work, 5 times a week.  I still think it's a bit shabby that the system chooses not to upgrade my travel to the best value applicable daily ticket when I make more than 2 journeys.

I don't generally travel by public transport on a weekend unless I'm going to a sporting event (Gabba, Suncorp) and then my travel is covered by the ticket.