Blippy.com



  •  From the same guy who gave us fuckedcompany.com.  Almost as exciting as looking at a spreadsheet.  But it does have some entertainment value:

    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased 2 days ago

    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased 11 days ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased about 1 month ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased about 1 month ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    1st time customer · purchased about 1 month ago

    ch13696 spent $35 at Extended Overdrawn Balance Charge 1 day ago



    DamonOberdorf spent $35 at Extended Overdrawn Balance 



  • LOL, that's awesome.  What a terrible, terrible idea for a site.  I don't want my friends knowing I spent $250 at the erotic toys shop.  I mean, they're going to find out in a couple of days, but the whole point is that it's a surprise.

     

    You also have to wonder about the whole employment aspect of things.  Potential employers already check Google, Facebook, MySpace..  do you really want your future boss to know you can't balance a fucking checkbook?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    You also have to wonder about the whole employment aspect of things.  Potential employers already check Google, Facebook, MySpace..  do you really want your future boss to know you can't balance a fucking checkbook?

    A few days ago, Blippy made some changes to their site.  Apparently it's harder to search for things like overdraft fees and users can manually select certain things to hide.  Which makes Blippy even more pointless.  Ironically, these changes were instiutued because of people on a message board started by former users of Phil Kaplan's (founder of Blippy) fuckedcompany.com --  they started posting all the various insufficient funds fees and other things that people might not be so proud of:

    http://f2bbs.com/bbs/show_topic/200540

    http://f2bbs.com/bbs/show_topic/189644



  • Wow, blippy.com is amazing stupid.  But the discussion at f2bbs.com manages to be even dumber.



  • @tster said:

    Wow, blippy.com is amazing stupid.  But the discussion at f2bbs.com manages to be even dumber.

    How fares the meta-discussion at TDWTF?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @tster said:

    Wow, blippy.com is amazing stupid.  But the discussion at f2bbs.com manages to be even dumber.

    How fares the meta-discussion at TDWTF?

    I think it is very



  •  TRWTF is that something like blippy even exists. The other RWTF is that it has users. This is fail on so many levels. I'm strongly considering moving this thread to the sidebar.



  • @ammoQ said:

     TRWTF is that something like blippy even exists.....

    this alone is reason enough that I second your motion to move to the sidebar.  however the concept is so bad that I'd nominate it for the front page.



  • @ammoQ said:

     TRWTF is that something like blippy even exists. The other RWTF is that it has users. This is fail on so many levels. I'm strongly considering moving this thread to the sidebar.

    The ironic WTF is that Blippy was founded by the guy who used to make fun of stupid/failed dotcoms.

    Kaplan (aka Pud) has his purchases on there too.  When he spend a few hundred on a hotel room somebody posted a comment "good use of that VC money".

     



  • @ammoQ said:

     TRWTF is that something like blippy even exists. The other RWTF is that it has users. This is fail on so many levels.

     

    Blippy has started deleting many of the embarrassing charges that show up.  However I think they are doing it manually (another WTF) because you can still see the new ones as they show up.  Before they started deleting that stuff I did a quick calculation and figured that Blippy users had spent more than $14,000 on various overdraft and insufficient funds fees.  Blippy is a WTF and so are its users.



  • @El_Heffe said:

     From the same guy who gave us fuckedcompany.com.  Almost as exciting as looking at a spreadsheet.  But it does have some entertainment value:

    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased 2 days ago

    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased 11 days ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased about 1 month ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased about 1 month ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    1st time customer · purchased about 1 month ago

    ch13696 spent $35 at Extended Overdrawn Balance Charge 1 day ago



    DamonOberdorf spent $35 at Extended Overdrawn Balance 





    Wow. So not only do they have an absurd idea for a site, they can't even be assed to distinguish between types of activity and display these types of things differently from purchases? That's TRWTF. "spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee"?


    Maybe it's a new hipster thrift store.



  • @toth said:

    @El_Heffe said:

     From the same guy who gave us fuckedcompany.com.  Almost as exciting as looking at a spreadsheet.  But it does have some entertainment value:

    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased 2 days ago

    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased 11 days ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased about 1 month ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    frequent customer · purchased about 1 month ago


    elcasey spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee

    1st time customer · purchased about 1 month ago

    ch13696 spent $35 at Extended Overdrawn Balance Charge 1 day ago



    DamonOberdorf spent $35 at Extended Overdrawn Balance 





    Wow. So not only do they have an absurd idea for a site, they can't even be assed to distinguish between types of activity and display these types of things differently from purchases? That's TRWTF. "spent $34 at Insufficient Funds Fee"?


    Maybe it's a new hipster thrift store.

    What hipster stores have you been shopping at?  In any place decent, $34 won't even buy you a sweat-stained polyester dress shirt from the 70s or an ironic John Deere trucker hat.



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    What hipster stores have you been shopping at?  In any place decent, $34 won't even buy you a sweat-stained polyester dress shirt from the 70s or an ironic John Deere trucker hat.

    Maybe he's buying socks?  I understand that $34 probably wouldn't buy a pair of used, dirty socks - but it might be enough for one clean sock?

    Disclaimer: I don't go to hipster stores.



  • I guess I just don't understand the concept of Blippy.com.

    Do they require a medical diagnosis of brain dammage to open an account, or do they just take that as a given?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    What hipster stores have you been shopping at?  In any place decent, $34 won't even buy you a sweat-stained polyester dress shirt from the 70s or an ironic John Deere trucker hat.

    I don't know, I think you can get like, a marble or a paperclip for that. An ironic marble or paperclip, of course.



  • @toth said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    What hipster stores have you been shopping at?  In any place decent, $34 won't even buy you a sweat-stained polyester dress shirt from the 70s or an ironic John Deere trucker hat.

    I don't know, I think you can get like, a marble or a paperclip for that. An ironic marble or paperclip, of course.

    "Check out this paperclip: it's shaped like a unicorn and it doesn't work.  Isn't it great?"



  • @bstorer said:

    "Check out this paperclip: it's shaped like a unicorn and it doesn't work.  Isn't it great?"

    Whatever. I liked paperclips before they sold out and became cool.



  • @bstorer said:

    @toth said:

    @morbiuswilters said:
    What hipster stores have you been shopping at?  In any place decent, $34 won't even buy you a sweat-stained polyester dress shirt from the 70s or an ironic John Deere trucker hat.

    I don't know, I think you can get like, a marble or a paperclip for that. An ironic marble or paperclip, of course.

    "Check out this paperclip: it's shaped like a unicorn and it doesn't work.  Isn't it great?"

     

     

    New diet book: Eat all the unicorn you like





  • @ender said:

    clicks "No" furiously

    GOD DAMN YOU CLIPPY.



  • @ammoQ said:

     TRWTF is that something like blippy even exists. The other RWTF is that it has users. This is fail on so many levels. I'm strongly considering moving this thread to the sidebar.

     

     

    Hold up... So Blippy is a website where you expose all your transactions to the public facebook-like zero security service which allows anyone to see exactly what you are buying? And people find this fun/useful? Holy fucking shit!

     

    This IN THEORY sounds like a good idea to see what trends are available, but only if everything is anonimized. I don't think I want my wife knowing about all the money I spend on prostitutes. Speaking of which how do we track THAT? I want to know where the good prostitutes are, fuck your lipstick/nicknacks.



  • @astonerbum said:

     

    This IN THEORY sounds like a good idea to see what trends are available, but only if everything is anonimized. I don't think I want my wife knowing about all the money I spend on prostitutes. Speaking of which how do we track THAT? I want to know where the good prostitutes are, fuck your lipstick/nicknacks.

    Who the hell pays for a prostitute with a credit card or check?



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    Who the hell pays for a prostitute with a credit card or check?
     

     http://www.creditcardescorts.com/

     Apparently, anyone with a corporate credit card who likes upscale girls, not dime and nickel hookers. 



  • @morbiuswilters said:

    @astonerbum said:


    This IN THEORY sounds like a good idea to see what trends are available, but only if everything is anonimized. I don't think I want my wife knowing about all the money I spend on prostitutes. Speaking of which how do we track THAT? I want to know where the good prostitutes are, fuck your lipstick/nicknacks.

    Who the hell pays for a prostitute with a credit card or check?

    Jerry Springer.



  • @b_redeker said:

     http://www.creditcardescorts.com/
    I don't even know what you're talking about!  I didn't go to that site, and anyway it was an accident.  I was looking for... uh... information about cars... purchased on credit... that were designed by Rene Descartes...



  • @b_redeker said:

    Filed
    under: morbius likes em cheap
    <input name="ctl00$ctl00$bcr$bcr$ctl00$PostList$ctl24$ctl23$ctl01" id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_ctl00_PostList_ctl24_ctl23_ctl01_State" value="value:Filed%20under%3A%20%3Ca%20href%3D%22%2Ftags%2Fmorbius%2Blikes%2Bem%2Bcheap%2Fdefault.aspx%22%20rel%3D%22tag%22%3Emorbius%20likes%20em%20cheap%3C%2Fa%3E" type="hidden"> [Edit
    Tags]

    It's a lot harder to get away with strangling the expensive ones to death.



  • @bstorer said:

    Jerry Springer.

    Would it shock you to know he was mayor of Cincinnati after being busted for the prostitutes?

    Well, no, but I'm a Cincinnatian.

    It would be more accurate to say that he was still Mayor of Cincinnati after being busted for utilizing the services of a prostitute.

    It's all in my book, entitled Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Crack



  • @belgariontheking said:

    It's all in my book, entitled Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Crack

    Pfft.. that title contradicts itself.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    It would be more accurate to say that he was still Mayor of Cincinnati after being busted for utilizing the services of a prostitute.
    I know you personally prefer a more erotic website, but if you had read the most reputable site in the world you would know that he was busted in 1974 and mayor in 1977.

    @belgariontheking said:
    It's all in my book, entitled Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Crack
    Nobody wants to read that retarded book; it's full of half-truths.  For example, I suck dicks for money, which I then spend on crack.



  • @bstorer said:

    @belgariontheking said:
    It's all in my book, entitled Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Crack
    Nobody wants to read that retarded book; it's full of half-truths.  For example, I suck dicks for money, which I then spend on crack.
    Not my fault. I told btk to call the book "Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Money Which He Then Spends on Crack", but he insisted on keeping the full-scale portrait of your dick there, too, so the complete title didn't fit.



  • @derula said:

    @bstorer said:
    @belgariontheking said:
    It's all in my book, entitled Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Crack
    Nobody wants to read that retarded book; it's full of half-truths.  For example, I suck dicks for money, which I then spend on crack.
    Not my fault. I told btk to call the book "Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Money Which He Then Spends on Crack", but he insisted on keeping the full-scale portrait of your dick there, too, so the complete title didn't fit.
     

     

    i have that pocketsized for travel



  • @Helix said:

    @derula said:

    @bstorer said:
    @belgariontheking said:
    It's all in my book, entitled Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Crack
    Nobody wants to read that retarded book; it's full of half-truths.  For example, I suck dicks for money, which I then spend on crack.
    Not my fault. I told btk to call the book "Pesto is Wrong About Everything and is Also Sucks Dick for Money Which He Then Spends on Crack", but he insisted on keeping the full-scale portrait of your dick there, too, so the complete title didn't fit.
     

     

    i have that pocketsized for travel

    The book or my dick?



  • @bstorer said:

    @belgariontheking said:

    It would be more accurate to say that he was still Mayor of Cincinnati after being busted for utilizing the services of a prostitute.

    I know you personally prefer a more erotic website, but if you had read the most reputable site in the world you would know that he was busted in 1974 and mayor in 1977.
    OK, whatever.  I can't read.  You still suck dicks for crack.

    In Soviet Cincinnati, everyone on City Council is the Mayor.



  • @belgariontheking said:

    OK, whatever.  I can't read.  You still suck dicks for crack.
    Not true!  Look, I've sucked dick for a variety of reasons (money, weed, boredom, as a means to soothe a sore throat, failure to read the fine print in a cell phone contract, the strangest game of darts I've ever played, my brief service in the Canadian military, that time I thought David Beckham was not a fag, etc.), but I've never sucked dicks directly for crack. So quit with your hurtful lies, sir, or you will be hearing from my attorney...



  •  Stop it!

    This will not stand!

    It is well-known by all that I love dicks the most!

    Dicks, dicks, dicks. I love them all. Large small, thick, thin, arthropede, wilted, shrivelled, sprung, round, square, in boys, out of boys, in me, beside me, on me, on pesto, on btk, on dancer, on prancer, on lady, on faggot, on topic, off topic, in sane, out of my mind, dicks for lunch, dicks for breakfast, it's what's for dinner, got dicks, got herpes, got dick rot, dick tracy, penile dicks, vaginal dicks, flowery dick, rooty dick, meaty, soft, crumbly dick with a chewy center, with nuts or smooth, hard dick, liquid dick, gaseous dick, crystalline dick, bose-einstein-dick, and many many more!

    Buncha fags.

     

    Signed,
    Eric Richardson



  • @dhromed said:

     Stop it!

    This will not stand!

    It is well-known by all that I love dicks the most!

    Dicks, dicks, dicks. I love them all. Large small, thick, thin, arthropede, wilted, shrivelled, sprung, round, square, in boys, out of boys, in me, beside me, on me, on pesto, on btk, on dancer, on prancer, on lady, on faggot, on topic, off topic, in sane, out of my mind, dicks for lunch, dicks for breakfast, it's what's for dinner, got dicks, got herpes, got dick rot, dick tracy, penile dicks, vaginal dicks, flowery dick, rooty dick, meaty, soft, crumbly dick with a chewy center, with nuts or smooth, hard dick, liquid dick, gaseous dick, crystalline dick, bose-einstein-dick, and many many more!

    Buncha fags.

     

    Signed,
    Eric Richardson

    I hope the fire ants roast your dick off.



  • @dhromed said:

    Dicks, dicks, dicks. I love them all. Large small, thick, thin, arthropede, wilted, shrivelled, sprung, round, square, in boys, out of boys, in me, beside me, on me, on pesto, on btk, on dancer, on prancer, on lady, on faggot, on topic, off topic, in sane, out of my mind, dicks for lunch, dicks for breakfast, it's what's for dinner, got dicks, got herpes, got dick rot, dick tracy, penile dicks, vaginal dicks, flowery dick, rooty dick, meaty, soft, crumbly dick with a chewy center, with nuts or smooth, hard dick, liquid dick, gaseous dick, crystalline dick, bose-einstein-dick, and many many more!
    For a nominal fee, I can provide them all to you. 

    On a completely unrelated note, morbs, I need to call in some favors.



  • @bstorer said:

    I hope the fire ants roast your dick off.
     

    I didn't do that mission, because I dislike going up against creatures. It's not that they're too powerful; but they're ammo sinks and really wear down your gun. It's just a bad deal. I much prefer killing people for lootz. At least when you kill a Master, you can do up your shit with his commie gun.

    So yeah, fuck the little boy's dad, I'm going to bag me some mutants instead.

    Oh, and that Xuanlong rifle? Overrated! The spread's too high for that bit of extra power to be effective.

     

    Edit

    Oh shit, you did it!

    Congratulations!





  • @ender said:

    Oops

    I'm just waiting for "Socseccy--Share the activity on your Social Security Number!".



  • more blippy awesomeness: user credit card numbers cached by google

    "We don't blame anybody except ourselves," he said. "That said, we were surprised to find that Google cached HTML data that was not visible on our site."

    and as an additional wtf,

    In March, Blippy sidestepped Amazon by asking its customers for access to their Gmail accounts, and then took the purchase data from the receipts Amazon had e-mailed them. Blippy says thousands of its users have supplied the keys to their e-mail accounts; Amazon declined to comment.


  • @lincoln said:

    more blippy awesomeness: user credit card numbers cached by google

    Yeah, if you had actually read the article linked two posts above you, that was already covered -- with an actual link to the original article, no less.





  • @ender said:

    Oops
     

    Yes, this "oops" has been providing some major LOLs for the past few days.  My all time favorite is the quote from the Bliipy co-founder:  "It's a lot less bad than it looks"

     




  • I agree, it is pointless. There is no incentive to sign up to a site like Blippy or Swipely. And a question that strikes me even more is how are they going to make money? Despite their $14 million in funding, I still can't picture their business model??

    Any thoughts?



  • @alankeyes said:

    I agree, it is pointless. There is no incentive to sign up to a site like Blippy or Swipely. And a question that strikes me even more is how are they going to make money? Despite their $14 million in funding, I still can't picture their business model??

    Any thoughts?

    Blippy generates no revenue.  Although one of the founders has mentioned some vague idea about somehow getting commissions when someone buys the same thing you did.  I seriously doubt Taco Bell will pay Blippy a commission for the Burrito I bought.. 

    I suspect that Blippy's true business model is the same one used by all the failed dotcoms from the 90's:  create as much hype and buzz as possible and hope that they get bought by someone.  This allows the founders to cash out with a big payday and walk away before the inevitable crash and burn (worked for Mark Cuban who's now a billionaire).  The fact that Blippy was founded by the same guy who made a name for himself making fun of exaclty these types of companies is truly the ultimate ironic WTF.

     



  • @El_Heffe said:

    I suspect that Blippy's true business model is
    SOLID AS A ROCK[img]http://the-op.com/images/episode/202/000049_sm.jpg[/img]



  • @El_Heffe said:

    The fact that Blippy was founded by the same guy who made a name for himself making fun of exaclty these types of companies is truly the ultimate ironic WTF.
    Who better to do it?  He studied all the masters.  Now it's his time to shine.



  • @Xyro said:

    SOLID AS A ROCK
    As solid as your hotlinking:

     



  • @bstorer said:

    @Xyro said:

    SOLID AS A ROCK
    As solid as your hotlinking:

     

     

    😞  It worked in the preview (cached, I know) and now I can't edit it.   Can we just blame this on CS?


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.