Hotmail -1

• I seem to remember something like this before on tdwtf, but even hotmail has it.

Returning to Hotmail?
    We temporarily deactivated your account; all account content such as messages have been cleared.
    Your account was temporarily deactivated because you have either:

Not signed in for at least -1 days.
    Not signed within -1 days of registration or activation.
    Chose to close your account in the last -1 days.
    Click Activate My Account in order to continue using your account.

Morale of the story? Don't log out of your hotmail account, or time out, or it'll get deactivated... :)

Truth to tell, this is a hotmail account I registered to be able to use msn messenger and left since, and only by accident tried to access.

• the "-1" is funny and all, but the real WTF is that they delete all your emails as part of a temporary deactivation...  that sucks.

• That's a little worrying, since I keep quite a lot of email in my Hotmail account.  Without a good way to back it up, I'm concerned that all my email will just vaporize someday because of a bug.

• yes it is funny

• @Oscar L said:

That's a little worrying, since I keep quite a lot of email in my Hotmail account.  Without a good way to back it up, I'm concerned that all my email will just vaporize someday because of a bug.

Want a Gmail invite?

2.7 gig. Can't beat that. It's (almost like) online file storage.

• @dhromed said:

Want a Gmail invite?

Yeah - I love my gmail account.  And check out http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm - It makes your gmail account show up as a physical drive on a Windows system.  So with the right software, it is online file storage.

• @Albatross said:

@dhromed said:

Want a Gmail invite?

Yeah - I love my gmail account.  And check out http://www.viksoe.dk/code/gmail.htm - It makes your gmail account show up as a physical drive on a Windows system.  So with the right software, it is online file storage.

Tasty!

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.