Nobody shares knowledge better than this

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Because for the Zealots it's all or nothing. Banishing GoTo's and LineNumbers because somebody deemed the best way the ONLY way.
    Goto has it's place, but this isn't it. Subroutines make code readable, local variables make code readable. One large routine does not make code readable.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Somehow I get this warm fuzzy feeling Just knowing all the logic is right here in this ONE module. Death of 1,000,000 modules to those that follow the misguided path.
    One module isn't the major issue here. One fucking huge subroutine is theissue here.

@SpectateSwamp said:

The dates in the source code LINK together where enhancements were made.
    That is just fucking mental as a way of commenting code, comments should explain what code does - not when you made a change as that is what a source code control system is for anyway.

@SpectateSwamp said:

To make a similar enhancement look to the date of that particular feature. EXAMPLE The logic for the slowed print. Search for: "03 January 2005" 
    How on earth was anyone other than yourself ever expected to know that is the code for a slowed print? Wouldn't having a subroutine with a name like SlowPrint have been a damn sight easier?

@SpectateSwamp said:

If you want to do a different print control that's where to look. Most of the features that required an addition to the control.txt items are docummented this way. See an item of interest in that file. Then check out the code for that element's creation date.
    but we don't know what dates mean what routine. Nobody other than you understands the relationship between code and the associated dates. Why not put a comment that says something like "slow print routine" rather than a date? Why not create a SlowPrint function instead and not even require a comment.

•  We only make jamming harder to jam for the jammer when we add those noodles and jam them, it's still easy for us to jam our noodles in our personal jammers because we can easily read the noodles we need to jam. That's why we let the jammer take most of the burden of jamming the noodles, so we wouldn't have to jam in our heads so much to figure out what noodles to jam into the application so it would work when we jam it.

Is this clear for you, Swamp? Because I'm trying to speak down to your language as much as possible.

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

Yeah SSDS..... Phooey to those that make the Software rules. Double phooey.

Software engineering is just like mechanical engineering, civil engineering, and virtually any other kind of engineering: With the profession comes a standard to use which allows everyone to look at something with the same frame of mind. Design patterns are to software engineering as bridge types are to bridge engineers, and aerodynamic standards are to airplane engineers.

When software engineers push design standards, they aren't doing it to be zealots, bullies, or power hungry jerks, but because they came across a certain way to do something that they considered to be robust, well-planned, and mitigates the risk of introducing bugs as modifications are made to it or around it. They do this the same way a bridge engineer designs a truss structure that they have discovered is stronger than previous designs and promotes it as an improvement, or the way an airplane designer comes across a new wing design that improves fuel efficiency.

If you had adopted some of these well-established and proven methods of developing SSDS, instead of stubbornly refusing to listen to professionals and bashing them for "imposing their views on you" while you yourself arrogantly  and hypocritically claim your methods are the way everyone should do it, perhaps you would have more easily found the reason the application crashes the first time you launch it (or maybe you might have even avoided the bug from occuring at all!). Perhaps you would have found that skinning SSDS doesn't require third-party help.

Rules aren't there to repress you or make you bullied. They are there because other people had just the same problems as you have, and they were generous enough to SHARE their solution with others who might come across a similar problem or issue. So, in fact, software engineers apparently are just as generous to share their knowledge as you are... The only difference is, because their solution WORKS, others are much more supportive of their ideas than we are of yours.

• @JohnWestMinor said:

Filed under: WhY MY SHoULdErs HUrT?, JAaM!
    O_O   Wait a sec, I just remembered what that references.  I knew it sounded familiar!  Holy 8-year-old transformers inside joke, dude.  High five!

•  I guess the most powerful feature is the POWER button. Switch it off and life becomes nice and easy again.

Really, SwipStake,

you should think of 7 billion people who are against your "Engineering" and maybe just ONE (called SwampShake or something like that) who is actually positive about it. The guy is called something like SwapSwap (to protect the innocent) and doesn't know what he's doing.

OTOH, this is the most lasting troll (since at least 2005) I've ever seen. Should we inform the Guisness people?

• Knowledge Sharing resisted at TheDailyWTF - So wrong for so long

@ClaudeSuck.de said:

I guess the most powerful feature is the POWER button. Switch it off and life becomes nice and easy again.

Really, SwipStake,

you should think of 7 billion people who are against your "Engineering" and maybe just ONE (called SwampShake or something like that) who is actually positive about it. The guy is called something like SwapSwap (to protect the innocent) and doesn't know what he's doing.

OTOH, this is the most lasting troll (since at least 2005) I've ever seen. Should we inform the Guisness people?

Of the 7 Billion only .01% would want to look at the code. The rest would be OK with SSDS. And why not it is unmatched when it comes to your data - from Video on down to Pure Text. Pure text is better than the not so Pure text like word and their .doc crap (&^%

Guinness will be checking out the respondents here too. Resisting the greatest app on the planet because they are all pissy about the lack of coding and development standards. Completely over looking and ignoring the obvious. (the bestest program on the planet) "So wrong for so long" will be the new Guinness award category. There are lots and lots of long term resisters HERE And the Nominees are!

In any data access / knowledge sharing showdown SSDS would undoubtedly WIN. most undoubtedly. On following Standards SSDS would be LAST to Very Last. Because; as you can clearly see it doesn't matter. The results are all that really count. The greatest program on the planet is a piece of design Crap that produces resutls. How can this be possible? 

And yet They resist the knowledge of the SSDS

A more resistie group I never knew.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Of the 7 Billion only .01% would want to look at the code.
    This is a site for coders though, people who code and are interested in code. That means closer to 100% of the audience here would be interested in seeing the code.

@SpectateSwamp said:

The rest would be OK with SSDS.
    No they wouldn't - we have had this before. SSRR offers less functionality in a more confusing way than a modern OS provides.

@SpectateSwamp said:

And why not it is unmatched when it comes to your data - from Video on down to Pure Text.
    Hardly - it will do video, jpeg, mp3 and text and nothing else.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Pure text is better than the not so Pure text like word and their .doc crap (&^%
    There are so many uses for non-pure text formats that this statement is obviously nonsense. What you mean is you have no need of other formats and so you insist that the rest of us don't either.

@SpectateSwamp said:

pissy about the lack of coding and development standards.
    we are here to discuss code. That is what this forum is for.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Completely over looking and ignoring the obvious. (the bestest program on the planet)
    It is a shit program though. It suits you and your way of doing things. The rest of the worl do not want to change back to 1970 style ways of working.

@SpectateSwamp said:

In any data access / knowledge sharing showdown SSDS would undoubtedly WIN. most undoubtedly. On following Standards SSDS would be LAST to Very Last.
    Displaying stuff randomly on your pc is not sharing knowledge or doing data access. You support no databases for starters. Standards make sharing information easier you fool. Making people switch to your proprietary formats will reduce their ability to share information.

@SpectateSwamp said:

The greatest program on the planet is a piece of design Crap that produces resutls. How can this be possible? 
    It isn't that great a program, honestly. I will agree to it being crap in design, execution, UI and coding style however. It produces results that nobody can understand - even you never bothered to explain the screenshots I previously posted that were alleged results.

I know you have spent a lot of time working on and with SSRR but it really is no more than a utility program that you have a use for, every developer by and large has little scripts or apps they throw together to make their life easier. You have chosen to merge all these little utilities into one big fuck of sprawling mess and then claim it is the only program ever needed despite this being obviously not true.

• Super Simple Object Oriented Modularized Piece Of Cosmic Debris.

It has begun!

Goals:

• Modern language: C#+WPF
    • Single file
    • Easily jammable: XAML+C# can be created/loaded at runtime
    • Search: invoke indexing service?
    • Custom Features: Build "modules" based on WPF view (xaml) + C# backend

All patches are accepted.

• Have you ever downloaded the codez? I can tell you he must have written it himself. And beware, there mightbe aliens even in his code. Think of variables like e, ee, eee, and so forth.

• Golfs most important 3 secs of Video - only with SSDS

@AnonymousCoder said:

Super Simple Object Oriented Modularized Piece Of Cosmic Debris.
    It has begun!

Goals:
    • Modern language: C#+WPF
    • Single file
    • Easily jammable: XAML+C# can be created/loaded at runtime
    • Search: invoke indexing service?
    • Custom Features: Build "modules" based on WPF view (xaml) + C# backend

All patches are accepted.

Good idea. Make sure the prompts have defaults for both Entry and Exit. Because it's got to be FAST. Well faster than humans anyway. So for the most part; speed is never an issue with search. Start-Up and see my last page of notes and out in under 3 seconds.

Don't overlook using SSDS to build and verify results. Before you can merge all the *.txt files on disk with your C app; test it against a merged file from SSDS. Once you can find and display text in context. You're half way there.

I just love my new screen saver of Golf Videos running random. I'll see a random clip from my 360+ videos. It could be full speed or slow motion (the last 3 secs). And on occasion both the Full Speed and the 3-sec Slo-Mo are shown. It's smack and murder that ball. All action. Way more exciting than the real thing. It's nice to slow life down abit. No app does that better than SSDS.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Once you can find and display text in context. You're half way there.
    What on earth does this mean? You keep sayingit over and over yet I have no idea what you are talking about. How can merging all my individual files into one large file give me any context? Surely knowing the file is in a particular folder, with other related files gives context. Not it being mixed in with all my notes, source code, saved web pages etc.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

The greatest program on the planet is a piece of design Crap that produces resutls. How can this be possible? 
    He's talking about Windows, amirite?@SpectateSwamp said:
    It's nice to slow life down abit. No app does that better than SSDS.
    SSDS slows down everything.
    (not to be confused with SSDs which do all sorts of interesting things to speed...)

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Do you want to know how SSDS does this cool random playback?. 1 background job for the scrolling text and the foreground job for random video hi-lites and pictures & screencaptures.

Wait... so SSDS is multithreaded? Did Wisual Basic 5 even have that?

• @bridget99 said:

@SpectateSwamp said:
    Do you want to know how SSDS does this cool random playback?. 1 background job for the scrolling text and the foreground job for random video hi-lites and pictures & screencaptures.

Wait... so SSDS is multithreaded? Did Wisual Basic 5 even have that?

It's multi-processed. If you run multiple instances of search.exe. Btw, it's called SSRR, duh.

• Out of interest I threw together a quick wpf based version of his unbeatable and obviously so un-copyable version of his golf option, I can either paste it here or submit it to the project if you care.

• Last few seconds in Slo-Mo - SSDS's greatest feature?

@spenk said:

Out of interest I threw together a quick wpf based version of his unbeatable and obviously so un-copyable version of his golf option, I can either paste it here or submit it to the project if you care.

You bet I care SpenkSwamp. You are the bestest swampie

The last few secs in slo-mo would be great for Darts, Crokinole, Horse Shoes...

What's your handicap SpenkSwamp?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

@spenk said:

Out of interest I threw together a quick wpf based version of his unbeatable and obviously so un-copyable version of his golf option, I can either paste it here or submit it to the project if you care.

You bet I care SpenkSwamp. You are the bestest swampie

The last few secs in slo-mo would be great for Darts, Crokinole, Horse Shoes...

What's your handicap SpenkSwamp?

Fairly rough as it only took a few minutes to throw together, longest time was spent figuring out the MediaElement as I had never used it before.... 

The xaml only needs a single MediaElement with the name of  theVideo, remaining c# code is

using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using System.IO;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Windows;
    using System.Windows.Threading;

namespace WpfApplication1
    {
    public partial class MainWindow
    {
    //following two constants could be command line parameters - I just couldn't be arsed
    //supporting a command line properly when I am only doing this to prove a point.
    //Relevant methods are parameterised anyway however...
    private const int RecapTimeMs = 3000;
    private const double RecapSpeedRatio = 0.5;

private List<string> _fileNames = new List<string>();
        private int _currentItem;
        private bool _currentlyRecapping;
        private DispatcherTimer _displayUpdateTimer;

public MainWindow()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

BuildFileList(true);    //will randomise the list, could be a runtime option if I could have been arsed
            AssignNextMediaItem();
            SetupTimer();

theVideo.Play();
        }

private void BuildFileList(bool randomiseList)
        {
            //We take the path to find the videos as the first (only at the moment) parameter on the command line
            _fileNames.AddRange(Directory.GetFiles(Environment.GetCommandLineArgs()[1]));

if(randomiseList)
                _fileNames = _fileNames.OrderBy(f =&gt; Guid.NewGuid()).ToList();
        }

private void SetupTimer()
        {
            _displayUpdateTimer = new DispatcherTimer {Interval = new TimeSpan(0, 0, 0, 0, 100)};
            _displayUpdateTimer.Tick += DisplayUpdateTimer_Tick;
            _displayUpdateTimer.Start();
        }

private void AssignNextMediaItem()
        {
            _currentItem++;
            if (_currentItem == _fileNames.Count) //out of files so stop
            {
                Close();
                return;
            }

theVideo.Source = new Uri("file://" + _fileNames[_currentItem]);
        }

private void TheVideo_MediaEnded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            if (_currentlyRecapping)
            {
                _currentlyRecapping = false;
                theVideo.SpeedRatio = 1;
                AssignNextMediaItem();
            }
            else
            {
                _currentlyRecapping = true;

TimeSpan recapPosition = theVideo.NaturalDuration.TimeSpan - TimeSpan.FromMilliseconds(RecapTimeMs);

SetupRecap(recapPosition, RecapSpeedRatio);
                theVideo.Play();
            }
        }

private void SetupRecap(TimeSpan position, double speedRatio)
        {
            if (position.TotalSeconds &lt; 0)
                position = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(0);

theVideo.Stop();
            theVideo.SpeedRatio = speedRatio;
            theVideo.Position = position;
        }

void DisplayUpdateTimer_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Title = string.Format("{0} / {1} - {2}", theVideo.Position, theVideo.NaturalDuration, 
                Path.GetFileName(_fileNames[_currentItem]));
        }
    }

}
    </string></string>

Nothing too stunning, to run just pass the path to the folder containing the video files on the command line and it will play them all, exiting when no more remain. Will randomise the list as well, comments explain my lack of interest in making this an option.

• Golfs most important 3 secs - SSDS stands alone

@spenk said:

I wanna see the VIDEO. A screen reshoot would suffice

• Re: Golfs most important 3 secs - SSDS stands alone, apart from other apps that can also do the same

If I can find a video to show it working with I will do one later, then again it is only a matter of a minute or so to compile your own version of the app and test it yourself. You would only need the free express edition of Visual Studio anyway, far more obtainable than VB5.

Given it simply takes a folder containing videos, plays one and skips back 3 seconds to play in slow motion then moves on to the next video any video I show will not be revealing anything stunning or unexpected. The point was really how easy it was to do such a thing and still have readable code, without gosub, goto and crappily named variables everywhere. 

• Organize your video with SSDS

SpenkSwamp has a long way to go before he can match SSDS. But don't let him give up SpenkSwampDaddy...

With SSDS it's easy to change the display start point near the end of the video. Random makes it way more fun. Slowed text allows for the sponsers to get some credit. What a great way to catalogue video by verbally detailing the content of the video just before terminating.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

SpenkSwamp has a long way to go before he can match SSDS. But don't let him give up SpenkSwampDaddy...

With SSDS it's easy to change the display start point near the end of the video. Random makes it way more fun. Slowed text allows for the sponsers to get some credit. What a great way to catalogue video by verbally detailing the content of the video just before terminating.

WTF are you on about now? This isn't an attempt to copy SSRR (I have no need for something as crappy as SSRR after all) it was merely an example of one could perform a similar task to your "golf" option without requiring shitty spaghetti code, I am assuming you haven't even been arsed to look at the code or even attempt to understand what / how it does things. The code posted will play videos in a random order anyway so not sure why you are claiming random is better when my code randomised the playback anyway. If you needed to start the initial playback at a point other than the beginning it would take minimal changes to the AssignNextMediaItem method to implement this anyway.

Your slowed text on the other hand looks crappy as hell by switching back and fore between running instances of SSRR, a simple animation under WPF could achieve the same effect without background tasks and the god awful switching between them.

• Perfect takes forever - SSDS isn't perfect

Nobody is doing golf swing video like ole Swampie. The Perfect Perfects aren't quite there yet. Maybe they never will be. The golfers that I have shown the video to just love it. Those nearly 400 video clips have all been shown on my dropshots site. I'll keep switching them out for a while more.

Too bad Spenk is all talk and no action. Where is the VIDEO

How about trying this Feature to show off some other action sport. Or don't Geeks know anything about sports?

• Re: Perfect takes forever - SSDS is shit.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Too bad Spenk is all talk and no action. Where is the VIDEO
    Point me to somewhere I can download some of your original golf videos and I will do a video of it playing them in a random order with a slow motion recap then.

Then again as I posted the code as an example of non-spaghetti coding, to give you an example of using procedures etc. rather than line numbers and goto / gosub you could have the common decency to actually look at the code, read the code and respond with sane and coherent arguments to prove your point. When you claim to be all knowing and the only person who truely understands how to code correctly you cannot just ignore people who respond with a rational argument.

So far you have repeatedly asked for challenges to do with searching and failed to accept any of them - prefering to just do shitty videos of things other than searching. The videos you did provide didn't start from a honest position but had already been primed to give an utterly false impression of the application. Every time your code is criticised in a balanced and reasonably way you make irrational defences shuch as "jam", "noodle" and "aliens", why are you unwilling to compare your code against the small sample I posted? You keep demanding we obtain VB5 (an out of date, retired product which costs us money) but I bet you haven't tried to obtain the free Visual Studio 2010 express to look at the code I posted. I did you the favour of looking and trying to use SSRR and everytime I asked you to explain it's results you refused. Everytime I made a legitimate critiscism (lack of support for unicode, file extenstions of varying sizes, failute to search / index files above a certain size etc.) you simply ignored the posts.

• Forget about SSRR.  This thread needs more medicine stones.

• Greatest Stones and Greatest Program

stonesthe stonesstones

Tokin Stone

Head Stone

Dog Stone

Spirit Shakers

These are probably the reason SSDS is such a great program.

•  Thanks.  Any new UFO sightings lately?

• UFO from yesterday

I uploaded this short clip from yesterday (as temporary) for 30 days

http://www.archive.org/details/18Jul2010-up-in-the-clouds

The object is faint and travels from left to right 3/4 the way up the cloud. It takes about 10 seconds to complete it's journey.

the file took about 15 minutes to upload and is 32 mb.

• What?  Behind the debris?

What's your video setup like?  If I didn't know better, I'd think there was a small insect crawling over the lens...

•  I suppose Spectate's caretakers (those men and women in white) are just glad he's found some playmates online.

• 🚽 Regular

Ok, Spectate. I want you to do something. Go to a lake, it doesn't have to be too big. Look around at the trees close by then look straight at the other side. Notice how "small" those trees on the other side appear. If there are buildings, boats, or people on the other side, notice how small they appear. Now, don't get too scared, it'll be alright... they aren't REALLY that small. They just APPEAR that small thanks to a little thing called three dimensional perspective. Now, if you have access to a boat, take the boat across the lake, and you'll see that all the objects on the other side are slowly getting bigger and bigger until you reach the opposite shore when you see that they are now appearing JUST as big as the trees that were nearby on the other side.

Now look at the other side. You'll see that THOSE trees are now teeny tiny. If you think this is the work of your medicine stones, don't take them with you, and you'll see the same phenomena. Now here's something that will BLOW your mind. If you bring* a friend with you to stay on land to observe what happens WHILE you're on that boat going to the other side of the lake, he'll say that the trees NEVER changed their shape or size! :-O Isn't that AMAZING?!!! How could they be shrinking from your perspective, but not be shrinking from your friend's?!

The same thing is happening in that video you shot. That's not a tiny alien. It's a fricken BIRD. It just *looks* small and faint because it's so high up and distant. 

* Or kidnap. Or whatever else you do to persuade a friend to follow you to a lake side.

• I dunno, Huckster, I'm not sure this one is a bird.  Birds (and UFOs for that matter) tend to fly pretty smoothly. While the stop-start motion could be from gusts of wind or from it changing direction and flying perpendicular to the camera, I'm not convinced the motion looks particularly bird-like. I would speculate that there is a small, out-of-focus insect scattering across the camera lens.  It does have the appearance of a random walk, don't you think?

• Speck expert knows better

Thanks for looking Swampies.

I have looked at thousands of distant cloud clips and seen hundreds of birds flying up in them. This thing is moving much faster than birds do. The distance to the cloud is about 5 miles. The cloud is between 1/2 mile and 1 mile across. Birds at that distance barely seem to move. Lets just say the cloud is 1/2 mile wide and the "bird" crosses it in 10 seconds. That is 3 times faster than a car doing 60Mph would do it in. So this Bird is doing 200Mph. My guess on the size of this bird is anywhere between an Eagle and a Mid size car. I have look at a lot of this stuff and wouldn't expect any of you to be as expert as me. But again thanks for looking.

• 🚽 Regular

Your profound title, "Speck Expert" is one of the funniest things I've read in a while. It sounds like Horton the elephant's title.

Let's get back to that lake... so, you're back on one side of the lake looking at the other side. The lake is mostly square in shape, and both shores are about 1 mile long, and from where you are standing, you can see the entire shoreline of the other side. Now, a dragon fly is flying across your line of vision about 20 feet in front of you. From your perpective, the dragonfly "crosses" one end of the shoreline and then the other end of the shoreline in 2 seconds. Now, if the dragon fly was actually a mile away from where you were standing such that it was actually AT the other shoreline, and assuming you have the vision of an owl, that would be a spectacular feat, since the dragonfly would actually cross a mile in 2 seconds which is over 3,500 miles per hour... alas, that is not the case: As you can see in this picture, your field of vision is not a square, it's triangular:

Yellowhead lake diagram
    The dragonfly is NOT on the other side of the lake! It's much, much closer! In reality, it's traveling roughly 7 feet per second or roughly 5 miles per hour. That "speck" you are seeing in that video is NOT anywhere CLOSE to the cloud 5 miles away. It's probably at most 50 feet away.

You might consider yourself an expert on specks (where you get certified in speck expertise I'm not sure), but I'm far more familiar with three-dimensional space than you are. You cannot prove anything until you use more scientific equipment like a 3D camera, where you can definiteively prove that the speck you are seeing is, in fact, right up against the cloud. Until then, your decrees that it's an alien travelling at 200 mph 5 miles away is nothing but speculation from a sad, disturbed mind.

• @Xyro said:

I dunno, Huckster, I'm not sure this one is a bird. 

Except that it's a bird.

@Xyro said:

Birds (and UFOs for that matter) tend to fly pretty smoothly.

UFO's don't fly smoothly. They fullstop often, like dragonflies. Everyone knows that. Psh!

@Xyro said:

I'm not convinced the motion looks particularly bird-like.

I am.

@Xyro said:

I would speculate that there is a small, out-of-focus insect scattering across the cameralens.

I speculate your powers of observation are of dubious quality (unless I there is a sudden, forceful draft across my scalp).

@Xyro said:

It does have the appearance of a random walk, don't you think?

Not really.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

This thing is moving much faster than birds do.

No it's not.

@SpectateSwamp said:

the "bird" crosses it in 10 seconds.

The bird is nearer than the cloud.

@SpectateSwamp said:

I have look at a lot of this stuff and wouldn't expect any of you to be as expert as me.

You've looked, but you have learned nothing. 

• Sparrows knows better

@dhromed said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

This thing is moving much faster than birds do.

No it's not.

@SpectateSwamp said:

the "bird" crosses it in 10 seconds.

The bird is nearer than the cloud.

@SpectateSwamp said:

I have look at a lot of this stuff and wouldn't expect any of you to be as expert as me.

You've looked, but you have learned nothing. 

I'm so proud of you swampies for looking and looking.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stonedan/fast_flyers.htm

What was it that spooked the sparrow? It was right there in his face. We need somebody that understands sparrow body language to fill in some of those details! Or do I have to make things up.

• 🚽 Regular

You didn't even attempt to address my arguments on 3D perspective. I spent a lot of time on that little diagram all for your benefit. :(

I don't see that sparrow doing anything except being a sparrow. Sparrows turn their heads in all kinds of directions all the time. Oftentimes it'll hear a tweet, which is the sparrow's equivalent of, "Hey baby, you come here often?" and it'll turn its head one way, then it will hear traffic drive by, turning its head again, then it might hear a sound that's even inaudible to a human, causing it to move once again. That's just what birds do.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

What was it that spooked the sparrow?

Nothing happened in that clip.

• How do the stones affect how great of a program SSDS is? The stones are just stones, they are not part of the computer? Isn't it?

• Why did I make the mistake of not expecting Swampie could get crazier?

• Bestest Program and Bestest Stones

@zzo38 said:

How do the stones affect how great of a program SSDS is? The stones are just stones, they are not part of the computer? Isn't it?

Look em up. My Medicine stones are the most sacred objects in America and maybe the world. What about the European Hooded crow. (makes me the bestest bird watcher) What about finding Dino Skin (in 4 hours of searching TOTAL) The bestest amateur paleo ever. What about all my great Faster Than Sight objects. the greatest UFO video hunter ever. Of course I do have the Great Great SSDS to make video hunting easy. Nobody dances up weather like I do (see Expo86 vancouver) That's just what Medicine Stones do.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

My Medicine stones are the most sacred objects in America and maybe the world.
    Like most of your claims this is entirely your opinion and utterly unfounded.

@SpectateSwamp said:

What about the European Hooded crow.
    What about it? What has this to do with stones? @SpectateSwamp said:
    makes me the bestest bird watcher

@SpectateSwamp said:

What about finding Dino Skin (in 4 hours of searching TOTAL)
    You have scientific proof it is dinosaur skin then? @SpectateSwamp said:
    The bestest amateur paleo ever.

@SpectateSwamp said:

What about all my great Faster Than Sight objects.
    Couple of points on this, firstly if you can see them they aren't faster than sight. Think about it. Secondly they are all common objects such as leaves, insects or litter.@SpectateSwamp said:
    the greatest UFO video hunter ever.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Of course I do have the Great Great SSDS to make video hunting easy.
    It is a pile of shit.

• 🚽 Regular

@SpectateSwamp said:

What about all my great Faster Than Sight objects. the greatest UFO video hunter ever.

Apparently you need reading glasses, so I'll make the text readable for you.

We've told you multiple times now that the UFOs and other objects you've seen are bugs, birds, leaves, or even just video compression artifacts. I gave you a diagram explaining the phenomenon of 3D perspective showing that closer objects appear "faster" than farther objects and you cannot definitively determine the true speed of an object without definitively determining the distance the object is from you. Therefore, you need two cameras pointing at the same object (just like a pair of eyes) in order to know for sure the object you are seeing is up against the clouds. Period. Until you can do that, your arguments about finding UFO's are invalid, as we've been telling you for YEARS now.

• CamcorderDaddy / Caddy

RHucksterSwamp  RHucksterSwamp  RHucksterSwamp take it easy. Maybe you are right about those UFO's vids and the Source Code is no good. But you have to admit the Bestest program just got better. I'm the one who should be using BIG words asking why none of you have probably ever looked for anything like that. Too scared their neighbors would think they are nuts skulking around with the camcorder pointed to the sky. Pure Chicken. Just sit back and say NOPE can't be. I'm so smart and if these things existed I'd know about them. Yup SmartyPants would just know.

I can't blame those that don't have a camcorder and haven't tried SSDS but I can blame the rest and call them chicken chicken. In BIG letters

That golf video went so well I'm going to do some Camcorder Caddying. Would be no problem to cover 2 maybe 3 golfers for the whole round. Their USB sticks with the full speed and last 3sec in Slo-Mo would be ready to take home within 20 minutes of finishing the round. Very easy and nobody but SSDS can do Golf video like this. NoBody. When changes like this happen I just want to do a Dance. Or Hum a tune. A short ditty about the Bestest Program. TaDa Twang Twang

Funny thing the people at the Golf course seem to "get it". And they don't give a damn about the Code. Believe me what they love is the slow motion part. With #2 being immediacy of results. Just so fast. What a beautiful program. Wow. 

At the title says: Nobody Shares Knowledge Better than This

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Very easy and nobody but SSDS can do Golf video like this. NoBody.
    If you post up a couple of the original golf videos somewhere I can show you the same thing in much less code than SSRR, I already requested this but you ignored me.

@SpectateSwamp said:

And they don't give a damn about the Code.
    When you are posting code to a coding forum of course we are going to care about the code. The golfers have no interest in the code so they don't care. Different people have different interests, here we are interested in code so we comment (and laugh) at the code.

@SpectateSwamp said:

Believe me what they love is the slow motion part. With #2 being immediacy of results.
    Dead easy to do without writing a god awful mess like SSRR - I posted the WPF code several posts back and it is very simple and clean - no need for a disaster like SSRR to be the end result.

@SpectateSwamp said:

What a beautiful program.
    It looks ugly, has a totally incomprehensible interface and by your own admission can hang a computer - how is this a beautiful program?

• @SpectateSwamp said:

Too scared their neighbors would think they are nuts skulking around with the camcorder pointed to the sky.
    This brings up a good question:  just what DO your neighbors think of you?

•  I think he's just fucking with us now.

• Weirdos begone with SSDS

@Xyro said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

Too scared their neighbors would think they are nuts skulking around with the camcorder pointed to the sky.
    This brings up a good question:  just what DO your neighbors think of you?

They loved me. I kept the weirdos away.

• @SpectateSwamp said:

You speak of them in past tense.

Did you, so to speak, "jam their last noodle"?

• SSDS keeps you safe

@dhromed said:

@SpectateSwamp said:

You speak of them in past tense.

Did you, so to speak, "jam their last noodle"?

Yeah the lady next door moved to the old folks home and got Pneumonia and died within a couple months. It was a brand new building and and the duct work for the heating wasn't completed to some units. No admin heads rolled. She was better off next door to a weirdo.