Authorize button not appearing in Swagger

• Once upon a time, if you wanted a textbox to get a value from a user, you would just add it. If something wasn't working, you could debug it and see exactly where the problem was occurring.

With fancy-schmancy frameworks of various kinds, things are often concealed and so finding out why something is not working the way you would expect is not always straightforward.

I have partially inherited a blob storage api project from a technically skilled and prolific but still flawed programmer who was here for less than a year. I am trying to make the API's accessible from Swagger. We have old projects with an older version of Swagger pages, and there is a textbox at the top of the page in between the redundant URL box and the Explore button where the user pastes his token.

The newer version of Swagger does not have that text box, but it is supposed to have an Authorize button instead.

So the user is able to use the Authorize API and get the token, but there is nowhere for the user to insert the token, and the Authorize button is not appearing.

I have spent a fair amount of time researching this on the web, and as far as I can tell the code is in shape so the button should be appearing. If the previous guy and me have done anything wrong, there does not appear to be any way of telling what that might be. Like the old joke of the husband asking his wife what’s wrong, and she chillily says “Nothing”, but he knows that something is.

I really don’t care how the user enters the token (s)he has obtained, but I need some way of getting the token from the user.

Any suggestions?

• @Jaime Yes, but it was part of a Big Ball o' Mud story, so that part was broken off to another story and assigned to someone else, so it's not my problem any more.

He had been able to get the button to appear for another repo, so hopefully he won't have too much of a problem with this one.