Some movie, maybe Japanese? Or not.

• Considered Harmful

This topothread is for identification of movies based on extremely vague and incomplete information.

• Considered Harmful

So, this one, it has a scene which was not very relevant, where a disaffected Japanese woman in adult adolescence is walking through a mall food court. At least, I think it was a food court. Pretty sure it isn't in the Ichi... series, but pretty sure I saw it within a month of Ichi 1, if that helps.

There are also other people in the movie, who are also Japanese. It seemed to have something to do with an attempt to adapt to ambivalent cultural norms, too.

If you have seen this movie, you know why I'm looking for it. I apologize that this is the most helpful piece of information I have.

• Well, if you can find me the movie I'm thinking of, that would be nice.

The plot can be summarized as: "A man does something."

• Great. Just what I need.
    So there's a film I'm trying to recall, a character with some European accent is dismissing another character's concerns by saying "We'll all go together when we go." I know where the line is from originally, but that's no help with finding the film where it's used.

• Considered Harmful

@Watson said in Some movie, maybe Japanese? Or not.:

Great. Just what I need.
    So there's a film I'm trying to recall, a character with some European accent is dismissing another character's concerns by saying "We'll all go together when we go." I know where the line is from originally, but that's no help with finding the film where it's used.

When did Tom Lehrer start touring for An Evening Wasted With Tom Lehrer and when was release, that might help put brackets on it.

• Considered Harmful

@Rhywden said in Some movie, maybe Japanese? Or not.:

Well, if you can find me the movie I'm thinking of, that would be nice.

The plot can be summarized as: "A man does something."

Sounds like Pi, at least by minimal-fit.

• @Gribnit said in Some movie, maybe Japanese? Or not.:

So, this one, it has a scene which was not very relevant, where a disaffected Japanese woman in adult adolescence is walking through a mall food court. At least, I think it was a food court. Pretty sure it isn't in the Ichi... series, but pretty sure I saw it within a month of Ichi 1, if that helps.

There are also other people in the movie, who are also Japanese. It seemed to have something to do with an attempt to adapt to ambivalent cultural norms, too.

If you have seen this movie, you know why I'm looking for it. I apologize that this is the most helpful piece of information I have.

It sounds vaguely like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_of_the_East.

• Considered Harmful

@Captain said in Some movie, maybe Japanese? Or not.:

@Gribnit said in Some movie, maybe Japanese? Or not.:

It sounds vaguely like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_of_the_East.

It was live-action, at least I'm pretty sure it was live-action - it was set in urban Japan.