If you're going to photoshop, look at the source images

• The popular online racing game Test Drive Unlimited has a fairly good installer. It knows proper Dutch and even presents action-packed images like this one to the user while installing. This picture shows the dash of a Ferrari in mid-race, going no less than ...0 kph. The engine isn't even running. Way to photoshop, guys.

Meep meep!

Considering the tilted camera and motion blur, maybe it's just a Ferrari parked in the middle of the road after a few pints of alcohol.

• @Brother Laz said:

... maybe it's just a Ferrari parked in the middle of the road after a few pints of alcohol.

That would also explain why there are no hands near the flappy paddle gearbox

• It amuses me that the Ferrari badge in the middle of the steering wheel isn't put on straight. The photo also appears to show rather adverse weather conditions -- looks like snow given that it's monochromatic -- and people driving at speeds that under those conditions are pretty much asking for death.

The /t[iy]re/ tracks left by the yellow car – which looks suspiciously driverless – also appear to show an interesting swerve further up the road, so I wonder what it was trying to avoid. Granny with a shopping trolley? Who knows. Probably going down the wrong side of the road and spotted some oncoming traffic.

• @Daniel Beardsmore said:

Probably going down the wrong side of the road and spotted some oncoming traffic.

Like the bike and player car headed for him? =P Besides, if it's a race then why is he going the other way anyway?

• @Kemp said:

@Daniel Beardsmore said:

Probably going down the wrong side of the road and spotted some oncoming traffic.

Like the bike and player car headed for him? =P Besides, if it's a race then why is he going the other way anyway?

Bad sense of direction ?

• It being a checkpoint race and the best way to the next checkpoint being the same road back?

The photo also appears to show rather adverse weather conditions -- looks like snow given that it's monochromatic -- and people driving at speeds that under those conditions are pretty much asking for death.

The game world is actually a supposedly exact rendition of Oahu. A Hawaiian island.

The /t[iy]re/ tracks left by the yellow car – which looks suspiciously driverless – also appear to show an interesting swerve further up the road, so I wonder what it was trying to avoid. Granny with a shopping trolley? Who knows. Probably going down the wrong side of the road and spotted some oncoming traffic.

Bah, it appears to me that this is a bend in the road and the swerve in question is a brief jaunt toward the edge of the road, not away from it. The driver was clearly trying to get points from running over grannies.

It amuses me that the Ferrari badge in the middle of the steering wheel isn't put on straight. The photo also appears to show rather adverse weather conditions -- looks like snow given that it's monochromatic

Looks straight to me.  And given the prevalence of blue-white glare among the trees, mountains, and sky, I'm thinking the ground is meant to be wet dirt.

(insert favorite Vista slam here)

Looks like your connection to What the Daily WTF? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.