HLS Player for chrome

• ♿ (Parody)

I'm in the market for an HLS player extension for chrome*. I looked around at the chrome web store but everything there is made by randos in whom I can't find a reason to trust. Anyone have recommendations?

* Twitter mirror site Nitter just pushes the raw stream without a player. They don't have any JS or fancy stuff. And so my browser won't play the videos.

• Considered Harmful

@boomzilla Weird :womm:

Well, not really. It's not working at all at the moment, and not for the first time lately. Did they screw it up maybe?

I've been using Nitter myself lately. My old Waterfox Lorne-Kates 56 can play Nitter streams (must have been backported, because the real FF56 cannot).

• ♿ (Parody)

@Applied-Mediocrity no idea. I remember watching videos on there previously but noticed over the weekend that it didn't work any more. This morning I opened up the debugging tools and noticed a bunch of errors. On firefox it linked to a (blank) page titled "Enable HLS playback":

51fd12f4-e826-4d27-8920-a93eeec3e236-image.png

Oh, wait...now Firefox is working. It also updated this morning in between my attempts. When I clicked on that before it just went to a blank page. Fuckin' web.

Still, would like to have it work in chrome.