WTF (What-the-Fun) Project: Dust Sucker

• @Medinoc Yes, and I think it's mentioned on the Wikipedia page I linked.

But again, I suspect what Adobe wants to avoid is not any random person saying "this picture is photoshopped" but rather a competitor selling a product as "Photoshop." What I got from my IP trainings is that, unless they can show they're trying to prevent the former (=generic use of their brand in common speech), they cannot prevent the later (=any other company using their brand name).

• @sh_code said in WTF (What-the-Fun) Project: Dust Sucker:

@BernieTheBernie what? a mains cable? that's so 2000s! our dust sucker will have a built-in, non-swappable battery, and a wireless, contactless charging station! the battery capacity will be approx 1 hour of function per full charge, and in will take 3-4 hours to charge fully!

That's a good idea for enhancing our product.

Because it adds an additional step to planned obsolescence.

And because a bettery needs to be charged.
    You could charge your Dust Sucker at a public Dust Sucker Charging Station.
    If you want to charge it at home, like your electric car, we will offer some possibilities.

Frist of all, like with electric cars, you'll get a Dust Sucker Wallbox. No, charging a Dust Sucker with your Tesla's wallbox won't work, as neither would charging your Tesla with your Dust Sucker Wallbox. In the end, a wallbox is actually just a wall socket plus some electronics which can communicate some parameters of the electricity, that is $5 for ingredients sold at $1000. Profit! We would add more electronics to it, that is a WiFi chip. Because the Dust Sucker Wallbox must be able to check its licenses and send usage statistics to us, and show freshly downloaded ads on its display. And for charging with the Dust Sucker Wallbox, you'll need a special Dust Sucker Charging Cable (we copy that idea from Apple, and Apple fanbois like such products). Because we will add a special threefold handshake: between the Wallbox and the cable, between the Dust Sucker and the cable, and between the Dust Sucker and the wallbox. Thus a certified security can be safeguarded.

If such a wall box is to clumsy for you, you can get the specially designed Inductive Dust Sucker Charger. It will cost a few bucks extra, but you won't need a cable from a wallbox to the Dust Sucker anymore. Of course, licenses are required to charge your individual Dust Sucker with your individual Inductive Dust Sucker Charger, and for using one charger with multiple Dust Suckers, extra licenses are required.

💲 💰 💸

• Java Dev

We need to up our game. We're not the top google result yet.

• @PleegWat We haven't even got a Kickstarter up yet.

• Java Dev

@Watson So how much money do we think we need to bootstrap our money-making scheme.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• @Gąska Hey, I was reading that!

• Banned

@HardwareGeek you've already read that before! In @remi's post I was replying to (I posted before I finished reading).

• We haven't yet run out of ideas, have we?

Let's add a Sound Module.
    Yes, sound. Because a sound module can solve things which cannot be solved otherwise.
    Like getting Diesel engines clean (True, read it up: Volkswagen / Audi put the code for their Clean Diesels in the "Sound Module").

But we need it for the proper Sucking Sound TM.
    Dust Sucker comes with the Standard Sucking Sound. A powerful sound, and you will really believe that it is sucking powerfully.

Thanks to our modern licensing model, you can license other sounds. If the Standard Sucking Sound is to common for you, we offer e.g. the 747 engines' sound. Your neighbors will love it.
    For motorbike lovers, a Harley Sound is available, too. Enjoy it!

And since we do no kink shaming, there are also sounds available which will make tsaukpaetra use his Dust Sucker all time...

• @Watson said in WTF (What-the-Fun) Project: Dust Sucker:

@PleegWat We haven't even got a Kickstarter up yet.

Let's call that Suck You, Give Me Money.

• ♿ (Parody)

• Considered Harmful

@error said in WTF (What-the-Fun) Project: Dust Sucker:

@error said in WTF (What-the-Fun) Project: Dust Sucker:

SuckCoins

I think we need to involve the blockchain here.

Indeed, and why start small. Consider the semantic difference between dust and a particle of dust. As what was fungible dust is sucked, the system could not only collect them, but also create an NFT from each distinct grain just prior to destroying it.