Recommendations for 4k monitors 2021

• I'm looking to augment my collection of monitors, letting me move my two 1080p monitors back to the primary desktop (instead of having one as an additional monitor for the work laptop).

I'd like to get a reasonably-large 4k monitor for the work laptop so that I only need 1 external there plus the macbook pro's internal screen.

Budget is in the "hundreds", preferring under $400. Don't need things like color calibration or high frame rates or fast response rates--this machine doesn't do any gaming or digital art...and my gaming isn't very high end at the best of times.

Would like Thunderbolt 3 connectors, but that's definitely not a need. I have a HDMI over USB C cable (HDMI -> USB C) I'm already using.

Any recommendations or anti-recommendations (brands/models that you've had issues with)?

My current two are

• a Dell 24" 1080p (currently on the work laptop)
    • a BenQ 24" 1080p (currently on the desktop)

Neither are new; both are ±3 years old.

• @Benjamin-Hall I have 2 28" Z-Edge U28T4K monitors, and I've been pretty happy with them. They're "gaming monitors", but they're still well within your budget; Amazon has them for $239.99 each, and Newegg has them on sale for $209.99 (regularly also $239.99). They have 2 HDMI and 2 DP inputs; no Thunderbolt. As I said, I'm generally happy with them, although like anything, they're not perfect. One has a few dead pixels; the other is visually basically perfect. They have built-in speakers if you want to run audio over HDMI, but they sound really cheap and tinny; plug in headphones or external speakers. Those are about the only cons I've found.

• I picked up a 27" ViewSonic monitor for $360 back in March this year. (looks like it's up to $400 now)

I like it a lot... (using via HDMI)

• I survived the hour long Uno hand

@Benjamin-Hall I use a 43" 4K TV as my primary work monitor. For work, it's like having 4x 21.5" 1080p monitors. This is the exact model, though it was a lot cheaper ($280) back when I bought it in 2018. You can use a TV as a computer monitor as long as it supports 4:4:4 chroma subsampling.. Being a TV, the connectivity options are a bit limited.

• I've just bought U2720Q and it's quite nice. A little over your budget, but I suppose there are cheaper variants of the same.