Not sure if serious, but if so...boy oh boy

• This year-old post ended up in one of my feeds. The more I read, the more I realized the author was either serious or was doing the best imitation of such I've read. Non garage, unless mocking audiophiles is garage bait.

Edit: it's likely been posted before, but it's still worth mocking.

• @Benjamin-Hall Ah, it didn't take too many comments before they started ripping into him.

• Considered Harmful

Denon AKDL1 lives once more!

• :belt_onion:

@Benjamin-Hall looking at his other posts.. pretty sure he's serious...

Completely insane.

What's even more ridiculous is the claim that it affects wireless audio. While you might be able to barely convince me that maybe the shielding of the ethernet cable could maybe have the slightest of effects, that theory is completely bonkers.

• @sloosecannon said in Not sure if serious, but if so...boy oh boy:

you might be able to barely convince me that maybe the shielding of the ethernet cable could maybe have the slightest of effects

It has even less effect when you consider that the cable is rated CAT-6A for 1Gbps. I.e. there's no radiation on the 2.4GHz range from it.
    Not that twisted-pair cabling radiates much anything in the first place.

The shielding of the cable may be causing a ground loop somewhere though. Even audiophile equipment is made from Chinesium, after all.

And we could speculate worlds on the effect of conductor ideality to reduced power consumption in the router, leading to knock-on effects via its PSU to the power line, followed by comparative analysis, comparing the cable's effects to the waveform distortions caused by LED light-bulbs...
    But let's not.